The Lotus Vaporizer

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Ok, one more question. Being that you've been out of stock on them for awhile, will the next batch that you produce have any kind of running improvements done on them?

Wow, tough crowd.
There actually is an improvement/modification to the Lotus that we want to run past the forum in the next few days, as soon as we get photos of it.
We have also been working on some interesting accessories which will be on the website in the next few weeks.

David and Michael,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Max Jitter said:
JDSupreme said:
Sweet I def want to go with a short stem then. Any idea when either the lotus site or vaporstore will have short stems in stock?

Should be by the end of the month but no guarantees.

Another 3 weeks+? I may have to just get the long stem then. sigh.

JDSupreme,

reece

JDSupreme said:
Max Jitter said:
JDSupreme said:
Sweet I def want to go with a short stem then. Any idea when either the lotus site or vaporstore will have short stems in stock?

If only our timing was a little better. I have a short stem on it's way to me now...If you ever come across another Zap... :lol:

reece,

Spacenstein

JDSupreme said:
Max Jitter said:
JDSupreme said:

Well after Max Jitter said product improvements may be made.. the wait could be worth it...

Spacenstein,

lwien

Spacenstein said:
Well after Max Jitter said product improvements may be made.. the wait could be worth it...

I wonder if the improvements are going to be aesthetic improvements or functional improvements, or possibly both.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the long shafted lotus. I admit, I was seeking a short stemmed one as well but they were out. I cant compare with the shorty, but I will agree with Max about the depth perception thing when acquiring your red dot. I know that even with my long shafted Lotus, I can still definitely feel the heated air coming down the pipe. The biggest drawback is the fact that I have to put the pipe back into the bag mouthpiece first (otherwise it gets a bit tricky)

I think the ease of being able to see the red dot with that little bit of extra length might be a plus. :)

AGBeer,

Spacenstein

AGBeer said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the long shafted lotus. I admit, I was seeking a short stemmed one as well but they were out. I cant compare with the shorty, but I will agree with Max about the depth perception thing when acquiring your red dot. I know that even with my long shafted Lotus, I can still definitely feel the heated air coming down the pipe. The biggest drawback is the fact that I have to put the pipe back into the bag mouthpiece first (otherwise it gets a bit tricky)

I think the ease of being able to see the red dot with that little bit of extra length might be a plus. :)

I agree. With the long stem, you can feel heat from the flame.. the 5.5" stem might be a little bit of a nuisance when it comes to that. The depth perception thing doesn't make sense to me but you sure would look cross-eyed with a 5.5" stem, while trying to see the red dot.

AGBeer, do you store the lotus with it's vapor cap on? Call me crazy but.. I always feel that if the two are disconnected, you have a lesser chance of the vapor cap or bowl being bent, or punctured..

Spacenstein,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I just bought a second boat tonight so it looks like im gonna have to wait a week or 2 anyway :p

JDSupreme,
I never felt the short stem to be uncomfortable in any way. The hot air never felt like it was arcing back at me and I had no problem focusing at that distance to see the red dot.

the ob

all good in the hood.
Max Jitter said:
lwien said:
Ok, one more question. Being that you've been out of stock on them for awhile, will the next batch that you produce have any kind of running improvements done on them?

Wow, tough crowd.
There actually is an improvement/modification to the Lotus that we want to run past the forum in the next few days, as soon as we get photos of it.
We have also been working on some interesting accessories which will be on the website in the next few weeks.

great, I just pulled the trigger one one this morning. I actually hope it is not a major improvement. I will feel stupid.

to those who own this, does the lid stay on tight enough with the magnet to shake it vigorously between hits?

I need another vape like I need a hole in my head, but with all the good reviews, i could not help it.

the ob,
the ob said:
to those who own this, does the lid stay on tight enough with the magnet to shake it vigorously between hits?

The top stays on pretty much no matter what you do, short of intentionally pulling it off - it's a good design.

the ob

all good in the hood.
max,
any idea of what the design changes are going to be yet? As I said, I ordered a new one this weekend and if the changes are going to be severe, I might want to wait. Please give me an idea when you get a chance. thanks.

the ob,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
This is the upgrade that I mentioned earlier: a permanent stainless steel stir stick attached to the vaporcap as a $5 option.
vaporcapwstick.jpg

cimg0642.jpg

The pics are rough but you get the idea.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
AGBeer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
max,
I am sure you are aware, but the pictures are not showing. For those who have recently ordered, will I be able to order a new cap with the steel stir stick attached as a separate piece? when is this going to be available?

the ob,

lwien

george said:
Nice touch.

Especially when you're out and about. No need to carry around a stirrer. But.....do you really need to stir it? Can't you just shake it like one would do with an LB?

lwien,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
Could the stir stick be attached in the cap directly in the bowl? That way twisting the cap would be the method of stirring up contents in the bowl.

pinoy,

lwien

^^ Heating issues, I would think. That rod would act like a heat sink.

lwien,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
A stir stick could be attached to the bowl but it would be expensive; a machined part that would have to be silver soldered or welded to the sleeve. It would also be a heat sink, as Iwien mentioned, and it would only get the edge of the bowl, or where-ever its located.

David and Michael,

the ob

all good in the hood.
lwien said:
george said:
Nice touch.

Especially when you're out and about. No need to carry around a stirrer. But.....do you really need to stir it? Can't you just shake it like one would do with an LB?

I am curious about this too.

the ob,

Spacenstein

Haha.. I had just recently found a piece of metal that fit snuggly into the vapor cap intake holes.. and had been using it as a stirring rod, too. Not sure if you'd recommend me doing that but... oh well :p

The idea of a stirring rod inside the bowl, and stirring the bowl by simple spinning the vapor cap is a good idea, and I had thought of the same thing. I'm sure that it wouldn't create too many problems with the heating-- just maybe a less even air flow.

Also, with the new stirring rod on the vapor cap, wouldn't the spinning of the vapor cap be greatly affected? I spin the top to evenly heat the bowl.

FWIW... Shaking the Lotus like you would a launch box, to move around the herb will NOT work. If you are on the go, and need to properly stir your bowl.. I would simply dump the bowl out into my palm, move/crunch, then use the suck method to repack the bowl.

Spacenstein,
Top Bottom