The HI

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, what took you so long Sticks? :haw:

I can't explain why, but for some reason the hits are the densest with the combo you just discovered ime, & apparently density is a huge factor in getting me super HI swiftly. I recently received a CRZ shorty GonG stem or whatever it's called with a SS tip & it produces even slightly denser vapor. It is a bit shorter than Alan's nipple though, so it holds a little less and I get one or two hits less from it. But it has become my favorite, it gets me higher then anything else while it uses less product then any of my other combo's. It is a bit more work to operate one properly -dumping the load to stir after every hit- but so far I find it more than worth it.

Perhaps you want to give your old PD stem a go in the HI as well? :tup:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was told the old PD stems wouldn't fit the HI, but I didn't try it...do they fit? That would be great since I could still use my carb tube from CD.

Yeah, that bubbler hit was ridonkulous! I got super hammered and haven't been the same all day today. That may end up being my most efficient puncher.

I hadn't hit the HI with just my stem in ages, and found the drag on the nipple stem to be non-existent last night. Then when I put that SS tip on it I found the drag again. Got me thinking of mods. The problem I have with the gong stem is that it touches the herb and scorches it. The SS tip is brainless...just put the HI on there and let her rip. I want brainless. I can handle one variable (draw speed, VV, distance to herb), but having three is too much for the average stoner (they call it dope for a reason!).

I was wondering, Alan, if you ever thought of a heat port with a larger diameter inner tube that would allow a bigger SS stem and therefore more airflow. Then again, that may fuck with the thickness of the hits that I like.

Bottom line, I am advancing in my use of the force! I guess it just takes old fuckers like me longer to learn new tricks!

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
wow. i'm stoked to be on the wait list.
beautiful stuff, Alan.

edit: 2nd from left is $$$

I dont think these are for sale.. They were made from Special wood Ed sent him.. Unless you could talk Ed into selling you some of this wood and then sending to Alan..

They are Beautiful.. Wish I had access to this kind of wood..

Alan I never did ask but what kind of wood choices will us normal people have once its our turn to order?

Thanks!

Kuroth1,
Reactions: TV

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Wow! HI Top.... that's my two most used logs combined into one... Have you made many those alan? How do they compare to the others?

Ed, You are a lucky man with that beautiful wood you've supplied and Alans mastery you have a very stunning set there!! I'm quite jelly

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
kushcabbage - Glad you like them. There was a lot of pressure to turn out something special. That wood is quite special. If there was a vaporizer museum, they might fit right in. Ed is a very lucky guy indeed. Congratulations on your 420th post

OhTheAgony - Thanks. Definitely some crazy wood. I had requests for the extra HI's from the wood right after Ed posted photos of the wood. I just have to go back and figure out who had asked first.
The PD stem might work in the HI. There will be some air mixing which will lower the temps. A silicone sleeve around the stem will also allow it to seal on the end of the center tube.

Vapinghole / bOObs - Thanks. Glad you like them.

ghost>boogie on / cjwally - Thanks. Glad to have you on the list. That 2nd from the left is my favorite of the 4. I think Ed has his eyes on that one for sure.

u bwade wunner - Thanks. The HI top uses the core and heating element from the HI. It is 2.75" tall where a TT is 3.5" tall. The heating element for the TT is longer than the heating element for the HI. I think a HI core in a TT sized top might be the better configuration. The heat up time for the HI Top is the same as for a HI since the core is the same. The amount of wood doesn't make much difference to performance. A larger size top won't feel as hot in your hands.

Thanks stickstones. Glad you are finding some time to play around with the tubes for the HI. There are so many possible combinations. The SS tips do have less air flow than the Turbo Tubes or the glass roasting tubes. The lower air flow might be allowing higher temperatures which explains the denser clouds. The higher temperatures might also explain some people getting HI'r with them. I do make some 3/8" SS roasting tips that use a silicone sleeve to align it with the center tube. When you slide it onto the HI, the 3/8" SS roasting tip meets end to end with the 3/8" HI center tube. The silicone also provides a seal. The air flow is still not as good as the all glass roasting tube or Turbo Tube.
Have fun testing.

Kuroth1 - I have the following woods available. Dark Cherry, Black Walnut, Dark Walnut, Osage Orange, Bloodwood, Redheart, Yellowheart, Purpleheart, Red Cedar, Burl Maple, Wavy Maple, Silver Maple, Birdseye Maple, Sugar Maple, Wavy Maple, Bocote, Cocobolo, White Oak, Apple, Wenge. Maybe some more. Will have to look.

psyshaman - Thanks. Haven't made too many HI Tops yet. The performance is pretty much like a HI. I'm still jealous of that black walnut TT you have. Such a beauty. It was the first one with the new high flow core.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, I was just kidding with that remark Alan. I assumed Ed wouldn't want to miss out on any single one of those.

But, if it is an actual option I am more then happy to turn that in to a serious comment.. :brow:

OhTheAgony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I do make some 3/8" SS roasting tips that use a silicone sleeve to align it with the center tube. When you slide it onto the HI, the 3/8" SS roasting tip meets end to end with the 3/8" HI center tube. The silicone also provides a seal. The air flow is still not as good as the all glass roasting tube or Turbo Tube.

I might be interested in this. Another thing...the SS tip slides off easily when hot after use and makes it hard to clear and reload. Any suggestions?

stickstones,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Oh it would be nice to have all four of those wonderful pieces but I cant do it. I will be getting the two of my choice though for sure. Alan has done some amazing work on those pieces and I can assure you I would love to have all four but two will get me just as HI as I can be! Thanks for all your cooperation Alan, I do so appreciate you!

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I might be interested in this. Another thing...the SS tip slides off easily when hot after use and makes it hard to clear and reload. Any suggestions?
Just throwing out ideas but Teflon tape (for pipe fixtures/etc) worked great for me on the metal solo stems, maybe a strip of that tape right under or right over or both would keep that tip on. Another option could be wrap the metal tip in baking parchment paper and then use it as a shim between the metal and silicon. Good luck! Shoot I can't wait to get HI

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
thanks sticks and ota, almost forgot how awesome the ss tips are. i think i just melted my face off, time for a nap. :D

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's been a while since I had a face melting experience, I better get the kief box out tonight & have a go at it again :tup:

Sticks, exactly what slides off to easy of what for you? I didn't really get your description, but it doesn't sound like anything that happens with mine so perhaps I can help. If you mean that the nipple separates itself from the glass stem easily it's just a matter of pushing it in harder, twisting helps. You do use that little piece of silicon tubing in between the nip & the glass stem, right?

I'm not sure if teflon tape would be safe to use in this application to be honest, them nips can get freaky hot mang. Did you research this before you tried it, Kushcabbage? If so I'd love to see the data sheet if you have a link for me pls :)

Gotcha Ed :tup: So have you picked your two yet, or is it to damn hard to choose?

How's your own log-vape coming along btw?

OhTheAgony,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer

I believe you have a 14mm all glass roasting tube w/ a SS tip assembly.

The 5/16" SS tip slides into the 3/8" SS coupling. It should only be removed for changing out the screen / cleaning. The tip should slide fairly easily in the right orientation. When it gets fully inserted down to hold the screen, give it a twist to tighten it in place. It shouldn't be falling out when you use it.
I prefer the straw method for filling the tip. It ensures the tip will not be over packed and gives good air flow.

If you are having the silicone slide out of the glass, be sure to wet the silicone first and then wiggle the silicone in a circular motion into the end of the glass tube. You should be able to fit the entire silicone sleeve into the glass tip once you get it started. Remove the tip using the same wiggling motion. The SS may slide out of the silicone and it will need to be stretched back on.
My 13mm glass mouthpiece tubes accept the SS tip assembly and it is also a tight fit. The silicone sleeve just squishes to fill the space.

Happy roasting!

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I'm not sure if teflon tape would be safe to use in this application to be honest, them nips can get freaky hot mang. Did you research this before you tried it, Kushcabbage? If so I'd love to see the data sheet if you have a link for me pls :)
Hey thanks for looking! Teflon tape comes in many types and colors so can be confusing. The 100 percent pure ingredient in one type of teflon thread seal tape is very heat resistant and produces no gasses or deforming/melting. It is the type used in the threads sealing hot copper pipe in hot water heaters, or waterless heaters. Polytetrafluoroethylene or teflon is the one ingredient in the white tape. Other colors have oil coatings and other such things like elastic and fiberglass for griping other textures or different purposes. I don't have an actual data sheet on white teflon tape, but quite positive in reading that the heat rating of plain old Polytetrafluoroethylene reassures me. The same material is used in to coat frying pans, welding gaskets, and to uranium hexafluoride isotope separation centrifuges. The tape is very thin and sometimes frays apart when applied. Note I would only use this at my own risk, if your worried then baking parchment paper can be used the same way, with no heating or melting or off gassing worries. I've had no problems or taste or melting on the tape I used on Ed's stems.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
the fiberglass would concern me.
I mentioned fiberglass because I believe it is an ingredient in the pink tape. The copper color has copper granules in it. Just thinking aloud!

edit: that aside omg can someone put up some more HI p0rn? water pipe shots/clouds/ anything! I need my fix, and expect it every few pages!

kushcabbage,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
no problem...I just know what fiberglass can do to the lungs given my time in the surfing industry. I wouldn't go near a vapor path with anything I thought had fiberglass in it.

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
"Kuroth1 - I have the following woods available. Dark Cherry, Black Walnut, Dark Walnut, Osage Orange, Bloodwood, Redheart, Yellowheart, Purpleheart, Red Cedar, Burl Maple, Wavy Maple, Silver Maple, Birdseye Maple, Sugar Maple, Wavy Maple, Bocote, Cocobolo, White Oak, Apple, Wenge. Maybe some more. Will have to look."

WOW:drool: So many choices.. Alan do you already have Pics of all the wood choices that you can email us when its time to decide? If not, I can google them.. I have no clue what a lot of these are or even look like..

Kuroth1,
Just to add to the chorus, Ed's HIs look absolutely phenomenal. Second from the left has to be the most desirable log vape ever made, period. Ed, if I'd won that $337 million PowerBall jackpot a few nights ago I'd be making you a very rich man in exchange for it.

OKcomputer,
Reactions: Elluzion

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
OTA, I have made my decision and cant wait for Alan to get these out to me. I have to go out of town Tuesday to a tradeshow in Vegas so am really hoping they will be at home when I get back! Oh Alan pls let me know what I need to do bro!

OKcomp. the second from the left is by far the best vape I have ever seen. I had been sitting on those blocks you saw for an awful long time trying to figure out what they wanted to be. Am glad that Alan got to work his magic on em, cant think of a better way to enjoy them.

Have a few blocks left that I am building the courage to work up. Have a 32lb. chunk of the finest Amboyna Burl I have ever had sitting there with a smaller 17lb chunk of the same, I get so nervous working pieces like these. Have so much dough invested in em feels like a chunk of coal with a diamond inside waiting to come out.

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
"Kuroth1 - I have the following woods available. Dark Cherry, Black Walnut, Dark Walnut, Osage Orange, Bloodwood, Redheart, Yellowheart, Purpleheart, Red Cedar, Burl Maple, Wavy Maple, Silver Maple, Birdseye Maple, Sugar Maple, Wavy Maple, Bocote, Cocobolo, White Oak, Apple, Wenge. Maybe some more. Will have to look."

WOW:drool: So many choices.. Alan do you already have Pics of all the wood choices that you can email us when its time to decide? If not, I can google them.. I have no clue what a lot of these are or even look like..

WoW.. Just looked them all up on Google Images... They all looks so good I will have trouble deciding.. :shrug:

Did I just quote myself..... :rockon:

TDA

Hey everyone, hope all is well. I have been absolutely fascinated by the content of this thread so I decided to register and finally get on the waiting list! Thanks again Alan for inventing such a promising piece of art and thank you to everyone who has made this fun :D

Take care.

Top Bottom