The HI

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I have prompted the HI keeper to not let me,,,,or anyone for that matter touch the HI before 7:30 "of an evening". After countless tests,,,,the conclusion is that there is no conclusion and the HI will emvoke the grandios illusion of time standing still................And it will. And you will vape. And vape. And
Sleep.gif

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
OK,,,,this is the first photo of the ever elusive HI Keeper protecting his even more elusive,,,'Alantown winwood HI'. He has strict instructions to protect the HI with his life,,,which he will do! If anyone attempted to reach in and even touch his 'booty',,,,,,,he'd rip their F'n face off!!!!

IMG_2016.jpg

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
This is a bit off topic but looking at that statue brings up this idea I keep thinking about and it would be really cool. What about a designer log vape that is hand carved to look like a mini tiki man totem pole type statue? I think that would be so cool! Or maybe I'm just super baked..... you tell me. :p

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
SoulCaptivesAreFree - Thanks. There is no cost to get on the list. Just send me an email. alan@toast-top.com

Jeppy - Thanks for the photo. The HI Keeper looks great.

MacNcheezePLZ - I always look at wood for ways of turning it or modifying it. Would love to turn some old carved tiki figure or candle holder into a HI.

Ed - You are welcome. It took me a while to decide how to chop up the wood. After the first cut, it gets easier. Good luck with that big chuck of amboyna. I have a 30 lb chuck on lignum vitae I need to get cut up someday. Safe travels and you will have a package waiting for you when you arrive home.

OhTheAgony - Great photo of the giraffe vape.

TDA - Thanks for getting on the HI list. Enjoy the thread while you wait.

stickstones - Glad it was a simple twist to fix the tip. Happy roasting.

Kuroth1 - There are some amazing pieces of wood out there. Each one is like an individual. You never know quite what you will find when you turn them down to size.

OKcomputer - Thanks. I have to agree about Ed's afzelia unit. It was tough wrapping that one up. Each one is made as if I was going to keep it, so that one was especially hard to let go.

I felt a great disturbance in the force today as if hundreds of tiny trichromes suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced as they burst into a cloud of vapor.

Alan,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm such a padawon...just when I thought I was getting good I combusted!

We need some more boobs training videos!

stickstones,

panasonic

How does the order and selection process work? Are we supposed to submit preferences when we get on the list, or when our ticket comes up?

panasonic,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
How does the order and selection process work? Are we supposed to submit preferences when we get on the list, or when our ticket comes up?

When your time comes up on the list, Alan will contact you and let you know what wood choices he has in stock. Then you go from there. ;)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: TV

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I'm such a padawon...just when I thought I was getting good I combusted!

We need some more boobs training videos!

I agree! bOObs' vids are great for JedHI training. I described my technique to bOObs during my visit to his JedHI training facility, and we found we have similarities.

Using the 3" all-glass roasting tube, which fits in my 14mm GonG downstem, I start close to the herb but quickly pull away once it "feels" right so I keep the initial vapor running but don't combust or over-darken. It takes lots of practice, which I found to be quite fun.

VAS been pretty bad lately...

Wait list email sent!!!

Fuckin' A, JD! Welcome. You will be happy you jumped on the list.

Vapinghole,

al bundy

Vaporist
Thanks Ed. The day has arrived. Here are the HI units I turned from the wood that Ed sent me. The two on the left are spalted afzelia burl. The two on the right are sindora burl and came from the same piece of wood believe it or not. I made a HI Top from the piece where the two woods meet.
I also made glass tipped wooden roasting tubes from the afzelia wood. There were too many internal cracks in the sindora wood and both wooden tubes broke. I will try to get some more photos when I get better light.

afzeliasindorahis.jpg
Those are beautiful!!!!
i dont what wood id pick, I think that when i get my email,its going to be creators choice.Real nice.

al bundy,

u bwade wunner

Hey JD stoked:tup:

Mom will a crz stem fit the Hi.Eds selling off some nice stems at cheap cheap prices on his FC page i picked up a couple.they are a good option if they fit ... for Hi and crz users, and padawans waiting in line too.You can always slip alans custom SS bowl in the end to be sure these stems work.Edit They do fit! BONUS

it is definitely worth getting prepared for the Hi well in advance.Never enough nice wood:)

heres a picture of some wood i sent to Alan at the end of april.Its Jarrah Burl from Western Australia.Its inline for Hi times sometime down the track.I ve also sent some yellowbox burl.Cant wait to see what his Hi ness Alan conjures up:)
001smx.jpg

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Good morning u bwade. :D

The Zap tubes that Ed makes fit the old school Zaps. You can add a "sleeve" of brass (that Ed will provide) that acts like an adaptor to make the fit more snug, however. Just make sure you let Ed know that you will be using the tube for the newer SS size heatport so that he includes that brass sleeve with your order. ;)

And u bwade, that wood is unbelievable. I can't wait to see the HI Alan makes out of it.

u bwade wunner

Cool Mom Thanks.I dont think hes added those adapters but Ill ask Alan to send some Hi SS tips on the next order and ill just use them.loving the slow efficient roast method with the SS tip.Im learning to sip:cool:its only taken me 6 months to try it:D

u bwade wunner,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Im learning to sip

I used to say that log vapes (as opposed to desktop vapes) were like the difference between a mixed drink and a glass of wine. With the log vapes, you sip. :D Of course now, with the newer increased air flow log vapes, you have the best of both worlds; a heavy hitter and a sipping vape. But it takes practice to get those techniques down. :nod: Good on you u bwade! :D

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thats right Mom, thanks for letting Ubwade know, I do add the sleeves to all zap stems!

Thats amazing wood Ubwade, I hope it turns out well for you. I have noticed that alot of the burls from Australia seem to separate at the eyes and check. I have a few pieces of Mallee and Coolibah that have done this.

I have the second and third HI at home waiting for me now, called the wife yesterday and she confirmed they are awaiting my arrival! Am super stoked to give them a try.

Pls anyone out there tell me what I need to do for my first session!

Top Bottom