The HI

u bwade wunner

chequer plate OTH

vaping hole sure is quiet,what are the chances hes asleep under a mango tree after a meeting like that:)
images

Can we have a rundown of events please.The olympics were a warm up compared to this!

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think it's the beauty of my HI's brother that may have silenced him, these are some crazy burls man ;)

Is that the same 'chequer' as in that board-game? My spell checker doesn't recognize that word btw :lol:

Literally translated from dutch it would be called 'tear-plating", lol

u bwade wunner

Checker plate correct term nice one OTH.I d ont know about the US, but australia uses it for anything to do with vehicles 4X4 flooring, tool containers, roof awnings or anything tough.It is used mercilessly here.Frightening stuff ,its everywhere.I ve even seen race spoilers made from it.Oh dear I dont wanna even think about a Hi made from it

I, like You, love nice wood and how it gets even more beautiful over time.

Speaking of weight as Alan did earlier.Has anyone weighed their Hi? It wont register on my weigh scales.Im reluctant to buy a smaller scales to find out its weight but it is very very light

this is a hella way to start my day
Hey Ed Im dead excited for you.Can t think of someone more deserved to recieve those sweet Hi pieces.good luck.will look sweet next to your e EV

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, you see it a lot over here in car tunning as well. & even though I was driving a red Honda Civic with a big wing on the roof and tribal dragons on the side a few years ago (don't ask..) that really isn't my taste either, on cars that is. But I do sort of have a thing for the industrial look & I like the idea of something indestructible I don't have to worry about on camping trips & such..

I've been working in the medical sector for years now btw, & I mainly know that stuff for ramps for wheelchairs & foot-plates on handicapped scooters & such :lol:

I just weighed it for ya :haw:

My HI weighs 76,1 grams, my UD is a bit heavier at 114,4 grams, but the Wychwood is the lightest @ 69,6 gram. Just to top it off my Solo is a hefty 229,8 gram, although, I would happily give up the light weight if I could stick some batteries in my HI.. :brow:

edit: I posted these in the WW thread already, but I guess I can spam 'm here as well so you guys know which ones I'm revering too.

I gotta update my sign again, damned... :evil:

minip1020009.jpg

minip1020022.jpg

minip1020013.jpg

edit: I forgot I have another one:

minip1020012.jpg

u bwade wunner

I would happily give up the light weight if I could stick some batteries in my HI.. :brow:
I have been looking.I picture a battery in a turned bit of wood same width as the Hi with a 5.5/2.1 male plug.It plugs into the base of the Hi after youve removed the Angled adapter.we need an 18650 12v battery, like Now Mr Md @ panasonic dammit.oh Dreams what would we live on without them!

I like the idea of something indestructible I don't have to worry about on camping trips & such..
Many have discussed a cheaper throw around $50 quick assemble vape here on FC and youre right a log would lend itself perfectly to that,few parts.Finding the material that is easy to adapt is the key.manufactured tube off the shelf would cut out all time consuming woodwork.

i would be open to the idea of an aluminium Log if the airpath was completly sealed in stainless which is pretty much what the Hi is.all the insides are sealed from the wood with the stainless core shim tube..hmmmm could run the SS to the top of the opening to completly seal the aluminium out of the airpath.
I heard about Aluminium and Alzheimers,but hey who knows haven t looked into it much so can t comment:worms:

Wood is difficult to beat.its a shame it takes so much prep and in turn $$ to get it to the buyer.
I for one can t wait to see Eds stuff and what Alan has in line.i can promise you.There are some nice pieces coming up if the guru makes it happen:science: Eds wood seriously rocked my world and made me move in a new direction when he posted it for our consideration ages back:)

76 grams Wow so light.be interesting to see how different woods weigh different

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I don't want aluminum as a heater myself (I can taste it), but I wouldn't mind it for the body.

But it isn't wood I agree. I asked Dave a long time ago if it would be possible to make me a granite or marble vape. I figured it was durable as well as pretty while it still would provide a natural material to make each vape a unique one, perhaps that could be an option as well.

edit: I forgot to respond to this:

I have been looking.I picture a battery in a turned bit of wood same width as the Hi which plugs into the base.we need an 18650 12v battery, like Now Mr Md @ panasonic dammit.

I'd prefer a slightly taller vape made out of one piece that holds the battery as well instead of a two-piece system with a separate battery case myself. I just get stuff tangled up in the cords all the time so I'd really like to get rid of that.

I hope I'll live to see the day where we can fit the capacity of a car battery in to a button sized battery so I can fit it in my current HI :)

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
u bwade - not only did I see bOObs' screensaver collection, I watched him choose some new ones. He's a master. You should envy me right about now.

And yes, I was vaped into oblivion and am only now coming out of it. ;)

Espo

Question: Do I need to find a glass bowl/stem to use specifically with the HI or can Alan provide one with the HI? Also what are the best styles of Bong/Perk to use with the HI? I am going to start searching, I dont want anything really big but want a percolator. I want something smaller because I wont be able to leave it out at all times, I will have to put it away in my closet or spare room after every use. Any recomondatios to use with the HI?

Thanks guys, I am loving the Vape world, I quit smoking cigarettes AND herb 11 days ago, converted to vapor and couldn't be happier (and I am no longer addicted nicotine or tobacco :D )

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Holy shit y'all Alan sent me pics, one of the Afzelia Burl HIs is the best i have ever laid eyes on, i knee they would be sweet but am stunned by their beauty. Thank you so much for making my day! You are the SHIT!

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks Ed. The day has arrived. Here are the HI units I turned from the wood that Ed sent me. The two on the left are spalted afzelia burl. The two on the right are sindora burl and came from the same piece of wood believe it or not. I made a HI Top from the piece where the two woods meet.
I also made glass tipped wooden roasting tubes from the afzelia wood. There were too many internal cracks in the sindora wood and both wooden tubes broke. I will try to get some more photos when I get better light.

afzeliasindorahis.jpg

Espo - My all glass roasting tubes will fit into a 14mm gong joint. I would try to find something that will allow you to see the vapor filling the chamber so you can gauge your dosage and see when the herb is spent. Easy cleaning configuration is always a nice thing for glassware. Thanks for jumping on the list.

OhTheAgony - Thanks for posting the photos of the WW. That thing is really tiny. I thought the HI was small. You are getting quite the collection.
The aluminum deck plate might still be too heavy and conduct too much heat. It would have to be lighter. The air would only be heated with stainless steel and the heating element as it is now.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh wow, they're all gorgeous but that one on the right is just amazing... :o

Congrats Ed, I hope you'll enjoy them :tup:

Yeah, to be honest I didn't think it would be possible to go any smaller than a HI :lol: It is a bit reluctant to stay upwards because of it though. I've been considering a caddy for my logs in which they lay on the side for a while now, seems like a good idea.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with 'The air would only be heated with stainless steel and the heating element as it is now'..? Do you mean it wouldn't get hot on the outside if it was made of SS?

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
holy crap those are some awesome looking HI's. can't believe the last 2 are made from same piece of wood, thats amazing.

finally came out of my vape coma from yesterday. hahah yesterday was kind of a blur to me.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks Chidoy, OhTheAgony, and bOObs. Glad you like them.
I had some better light this afternoon. Here they are again with the glass tipped afzelia roasting tubes. The photo really doesn't do them justice.

afzeliasindorahitubes.jpg

Here is the center portion of the sindora burl to show you that they really did come from the same piece of wood.

sindoraburltopandhis.jpg

Glass tipped roasting tubes. Front to back. Spalted afzelia burl, osage orange, black walnut, blue mahoe, wavy maple, spalted afzelia burl. The glass tips slide off and on for cleaning and screen maintenance. The silicone roasting sleeves also fit perfectly onto the wood tubes as they are almost the same size as the glass roasting tips.

glasstippedwoodtubes.jpg

Each tube fits neatly into a poly storage tube for protection and to contain the odor.

polystoragewoodtube.jpg

OhTheAgony - The outside would be aluminum and support the stainless steel core. The trick is preventing the heat from traveling away from the core to the outside.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That Top looks fabulous as well Alan, crazy wood man, crazy wood.

If Ed doesn't want that one on the right of the Top please put my name on the list again & hold it for me until it's my turn :lol:

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: TV

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Thanks Ed. The day has arrived. Here are the HI units I turned from the wood that Ed sent me. The two on the left are spalted afzelia burl. The two on the right are sindora burl and came from the same piece of wood believe it or not. I made a HI Top from the piece where the two woods meet.
I also made glass tipped wooden roasting tubes from the afzelia wood. There were too many internal cracks in the sindora wood and both wooden tubes broke. I will try to get some more photos when I get better light.

afzeliasindorahis.jpg

Espo - My all glass roasting tubes will fit into a 14mm gong joint. I would try to find something that will allow you to see the vapor filling the chamber so you can gauge your dosage and see when the herb is spent. Easy cleaning configuration is always a nice thing for glassware. Thanks for jumping on the list.

OhTheAgony - Thanks for posting the photos of the WW. That thing is really tiny. I thought the HI was small. You are getting quite the collection.
The aluminum deck plate might still be too heavy and conduct too much heat. It would have to be lighter. The air would only be heated with stainless steel and the heating element as it is now.

Holy. Shit. Amazing.

u bwade wunner

beautiful woodwork Alan and congratulations Ed.

Alan is the Hi top the same width as the Hi but shorter?.it looks much smaller than the toasty top.

how does it compare heat up time and performance wise to the toasty top with the hi core and the Hi itself.are they all sharing the same core?i guess the original TT will take a little longer to get to operating temps.

Thanks in advance

beautiful work, absolutely stunning:ko:

My plan is to forget about it for a few months and wait for an email saying I'm up soon. :clap:
good luck with that idea:D.i d ont mean that in a bad way.I enjoyed the wait and seeing how Alan progressed.It also allowed me time to pick up accessories while i waited.i wish you luck.the time will fly but it will be hard not sneaking in here for a peek:)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
amazing pieces, alan!

So last night I got a little bit unlazy and decided to fuck with my HI. I initally went right to hitting it from the glass nipple stem and it just kept hitting forever. Then i figured I would try to put it on my bubbler again. I found a stem I've never used before that Alan had ground on one end and put a SS tip on the other end. the tip comes off easily, I guess for cleaning. Anyhow, this stem worked perfect with my bubbler! The draw was slow like a PD or Solo, but the hits were huge! Definitely gonna do that again tonight!

Top Bottom