The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Just fyi, some say that vaporizing alcohol is dangerous/risky:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2004/09/vaporize_me.html
http://www.gotvape.com/alcohol-vaporizer.html

I dig seeing all the different roasting tube variations people are using! Having used a PD, CRZ, and UD (but no HI), with a variety of tubes, I agree with something Alan has said multiple times--the specifics/details of a roasting tube have a huge impact on the ease and efficiency of use of a log vape. IME, a user (especially a newbie) can have either a wonderful experience or a frustrating experience with a log vape (or anywhere in-between) , based solely on the roasting tube used. :2c:
:peace:

Alcohol vapor in your lungs is not a very pleasant experience either. I much prefer THC to alcohol in any form.

It is nice to be able to offer a wide variety of roasting tubes that will suit almost everyone's needs.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Top 10 things one thinks about when using the HI: In no particular order
1.) Man, this thing is cool.
2.) Man, this thing is Hot!
3.) What's the perfect temp?
4.) What's that new tube boobs is using?
5.) What if I break this tube? Oh, shit,,,,"Hey Alan, please send more...."
6.) Why do I get higher on 2 hits from my HI than any other vape I own?
7.) Damn, I only have one nipple,,,,,"Hey Alan
8.) Holy shit I'm high..
9.) might as well finish this little bit
10.) What was I thinking about again? :smug:

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
1. This vape is simple
2. This vape is amazing
3. This vape is amazing
4. I love my all glass turbo tube
5. I can take my HI apart! or am I just really HI
6. It fits perfectly in my hand
7. Takes 5 minutes to heat up!! FINALLY a quick warming log vape
8. Hits smooth and effectively every time
9. Beautiful craftsmanship
10. Can't stop getting HI@!!! :rockon:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No offense Jeppy & VH, but you both sound HI as f*ck :lol:

MSCM888 definitely beats both of you in that same department though :rolleyes:

I keep wondering, was he trying to say 'love', or was it just a simple 'lol'..? :p

I found out about vaporizing alcohol some time ago when I was randomly googling vaporizers and ran in to some really old & rather intriguing looking devices. Some of these things look like moonshine stills themselves :lol:

& isn't there this new spray you can buy in the US that gets you drunk for just a few minutes with basically just a drop of alcohol? That sounds like it works about the same.

You could be right about needing moldy weed before it contains spores Alan, but it's often hard to spot such contamination. Not all molds are as recognizable on (or inside) the mj flower buds, especially in the earlier stages of contamination.

Not to long ago a dutch television program did a little test.

They went to 5 different coffeeshops and bought the same strain of weed from every shop (a white widow, but obviously grown by different growers). They then did a series of lab test not only to determine the THC & CBN/CBD ratio, but also to check for mold, bacterias and other potentially harmful contaminations. The results were quite shocking the say the least. In short all but one of them were so contaminated with both bacterias & spores that they would be considered unsafe to be sold as medical mj, with the fifth being a border case. There was also only one of the 5 specimens that still contained some CBN/CBD btw. Apparently most growers here are so focused on THC that that's basically the only working chemical the plants contain.

We really need to work on a system that allows us to test our product over here, but the country seems to be heading in the other direction unfortunately :(

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
1. This vape is simple
2. This vape is amazing
3. This vape is amazing
4. I love my all glass turbo tube
5. I can take my HI apart! or am I just really HI
6. It fits perfectly in my hand
7. Takes 5 minutes to heat up!! FINALLY a quick warming log vape
8. Hits smooth and effectively every time
9. Beautiful craftsmanship
10. Can't stop getting HI@!!! :rockon:
Is it not cheaper than other log vapes as well? (excluding the TT)

Sadhu

Alan, you're a genius!!! :science: Your turbo tube fits perfectly with my ;pd; and I get some serious vapor in my lungs fast! I went to a local head shop with the turbo tube and found a bong that the turbo tube fits into perfectly so the PD is heating up now and I'm about to try it out, running the vapor through water. The clerk in the shop told me running the vapor through water will cause the vapor to condense and it will loose it's efficacy. I told him he should tune in to youtube and check out techinferno420.

Your turbo tube is great for cleaning roasted herb out of the PD too. I just put the empty turbo tube on a cold PD and inhaled and the screen on the turbo tube caught all the herb that had accidentally fallen into the PD. There was about 1/4 teaspoon of herb in there.

I can't wait to get the HI.

The clerk was wrong. I think what was happening with the PD was the long slow draw on the straw was exposing my throat to the 385º F temperatures for a 30 second inhalation, 5 or 6 inhalations on each straw full of herb = 2 1/2 to 3 minutes of exposure 3 or 4 times a day for the last two years was really drying my throat out. Now, vaping it through the water has not only added moisture to the vapor, but cools the vapor down to tolerable temperatures. The turbo tube has reduced the time on the draw too, so I could probably use the turbo tube and PD without the water pipe, but I get more flavor from the herb after it has passed through the water pipe. It may be that the reduced temperature or the moisture help the taste buds to pick up the flowery taste I am getting from this granddaddy purple.

I was worried about the turbo tube burning more herb than the PD straw, but I measured out the volume of herb that fits in the PD straw and put it in the turbo tube. In mass that would be about 1/20 of a gram. I wish I knew where to get a small spoon about that size.

I tried the PD straw with the water pipe too. The PD straw fit perfectly in the inhale hole on the water pipe with a good seal and I was able to do the slow draw and what a difference running it through water, the flavor came through without scorching my throat and the medicinal effects were complemented by the moisture.

I want to share with everyone a method of breathing, a series of rapid forceful exhalations and passive inhalations that allow you to circulate the vapor in your lungs so all the medicinal ingredients in the vapor are absorbed by the lining of the lungs. It begins by exhaling all the air from your lungs and then inhaling slowly and completely filling the lungs, then exhaling completely, repeat twice and then inhale from the vape until your lungs are about 3/4 full. Then using your abdominal muscles you forcefully exhale a small quantity of air and passively inhale the same quantity that you have exhaled. This will cause the vapor to move around in your lungs for as long as you can breathe this way. Start out with 20 breaths and work up to 40 or however long you can go for. It will enhance the medicinal qualities of your herb and lead to a healthier life. Breathing has many benefits. Kapalbhati breathing demonstrated here:
:whoa:

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts. Posts merged.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Has anyone used their Hot Hi as a back roller for therapeutic Massage..Oh Baby!

Yes. And also my TT. They feel wonderful on sore muscles. ;)

Cannot wait to see Eds His.They will be..Damn Im excited .How many did you order Ed?

I'm looking forward to this as well. I believe Ed ordered two HI's. I have a feeling they are going to be unbelievably beautiful. That burl was gorgeous to start with.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I sent Alan two blanks and he says he will be able to make two HI's from the Sindora burl, so am not sure just how many I will get. I know I wanna see the Afzelia Burl piece most of all! Am super stoked and can not wait. Hope Alan post pics here before I get em to see what I have coming! Hell 2 HI's or 3 it dont matter to me, all I wanna do is get HI!

Jurassic

Sorry to join the party late but this thing has somehow caught my eye! I'm just curious on its propensity to combust, and is it possible, how easy is that accomplished, and do you recommend the variable dial?

Also what's the approx. time for wait list? Thanks! Sorry for the newbie questions, I plan to read the entire thread, but it's a little overwhelming at this point.

Also, does anyone own a Cloud who has a HI... just wondering...

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Sorry to join the party late but this thing has somehow caught my eye! I'm just curious on its propensity to combust, and is it possible, how easy is that accomplished, and do you recommend the variable dial?

Also what's the approx. time for wait list? Thanks! Sorry for the newbie questions, I plan to read the entire thread, but it's a little overwhelming at this point.

Also, does anyone own a Cloud who has a HI... just wondering...

the HI can combust if set the vv to high or if the airflow is blocked it can combust. i accidentally combusted a few time when i first got my HI but now I got it dialed in and almost impossible to combust. the vv adapter is highly recommend.

wait time is long!!! hahahha

i own both cloud and HI. i think they compliment each other :)

ilovebOObs,

Jurassic

Thanks Boobs! How would you compare the two? Like vapour wise anyway? I know ease of use is a little different.

Okay, so if you have it dialed in, would that dial be the same for me and everyone? Or is each unit a little different? I assume that if you don't go above x.x volts, you're safe? Assuming airflow isn't blocked (how would you block it?)

Haha this thread caught my eye the other day as well Jurassic, been looking for a log vape.. so far on page 46 on another browser tab.. Halfway finnished reading!

Great minds think alike! :) Based on the INH thread, I think we're gonna get along just fine.

ilovebOObs

the HI and CLOUD are really too different to really compare fairly. each have their own place in my vapor line-up and i would not sell either one. let just say i share my cloud but no one else touches my HI. vaporwise the cloud will gave bigger denser hits because of the bowl size. the HI hits are big but not as dense and smoother imo.

i think most people agree that around 11.8v is the sweet spot for non combusting. i generally just use on max. the herb can fall into the center tube and block the airflow.

ilovebOObs

i can set on max voltage and adjust temp by mixing in air with your hit, as in not making a complete seal with your HI. all the tips and tricks are already posted. you will have plenty of time to learn them once you place an order. :lol: its apart of the jedHI journey!!!

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
OMG just shattered my 36slit bubbler! Except the slit and the 18mm glass joint are fine, just the mouth piece and the side lock part are shattered off. I bet this is still repairable!!!!!!

Elluzion,

ilovebOObs

OMG just shattered my 36slit bubbler! Except the slit and the 18mm glass joint are fine, just the mouth piece and the side lock part are shattered off. I bet this is still repairable!!!!!!
dude that sucks bro!!! i feel you on the broken glass :( does sound repairable.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom