The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks for the top 10's Jeppy, Vapinghole, and Elluzion. The HI does have some merits.

mscm888 - Short and to the point.

OhTheAgony - Very good point about the visual quality of the herb. A good argument for growing your own. Hard to say if even the heat of the vaporizer will destroy all the spores. That discussion should have its own thread.

paytonpenn - I'm trying to keep them reasonably priced. May have to raise the price as other costs go up.

Sadhu - Glad you are digging the Turbo Tube. I started making them after trying the silicone tubing that came with my UD. I like the thinner silicone a bit better as it is easier to slide onto the glass mouthpiece tube. The thinner silicone also fits perfectly into the cap of the poly storage tube to seal up your herb so you can always have tubes preloaded with no worry of spilling or smell. I like to use the poly storage tubes for herb storage as well. A half of a cap of herb is about the right amount for the turbo tube. Just draw it in like a straw. Exactly like you did to vacuum out your PD. I can't believe how much you got out of there. The Turbo Tube does make a very good seal to the center tube. I also like to squeeze and roll the silicone to stir and crush the roasted herb for more complete roasting. The rounded 10mm glass has a nice feel to your lips as well. Fitting into a 14mm gong is really icing on the cake.
I'm happy to hear that your throat is now feeling better and you are getting very tasty water filtration.
Thanks for the information on the breathing techniques. Some can really improve certain activities. Always wanting to learn more.

mom and u bwade wunner - Glad you are liking them for heat massage. They are very convincing as a heat massage / hand warmer. That is what makes them so stealthy. They can be proudly displayed with a legitimate purpose.

Ed - Your units will be the next ones I turn since I just finished up the ones before you. I'm excited to see how they will look.

Jurrasic - Welcome to the party. Never too late. Just enjoy the wait. Will do all I can to try and make it shorter. The variable voltage units that I had been getting were limited to around 12.3 volts maximum. I wanted the ability to lower the voltage since the maximum can cause combustion at low air flow conditions. The fineness of grind, amount of material, quality of material, degree of packing, cleanness of screen and speed of draw all factor into the likelihood of combustion. The air flow plays the biggest factor. A good pull through the core can drop the temperature by as much as 100 degrees. The HI is probably operating in the 350 to 450F temperature range with the full 12 volts applied. I almost always use mine at the full voltage. I start with a fast draw to drop temperature a bit in addition to allowing some room air to mix into the roasting tube. I slow the draw speed down a bit toward the end of the roast to allow higher temperatures.

tig420 - Hope that postman gets it delivered to you today. It is HI time that he arrives.

bOObs - Thanks for the explanations.

Elluzion - Sorry to hear about your glass tube. Hope a glass artist can repair it.

Jurassic

yeah, jurassic...that's some pretty advanced shit boobs is talking about there.

I'm not sure if you are trying to be smart, but when he said you could combust on max temp, but not below a certain voltage, and then said he used it on max that's why I was a little puzzled. His follow up cleared it all up with airflow, and now when I order I may not even get the VV because it appears many use max temp and use airflow to control temp, which after years of vaping with different units, I can definitely do to.

I think when I have time i'll be PMing you if you don't mind, as your current lineup of vapes intrigues me and I like your experiences with them. Also about Pax/INH. Cheers :)

Jurassic,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
the HI and CLOUD are really too different to really compare fairly. each have their own place in my vapor line-up and i would not sell either one. let just say i share my cloud but no one else touches my HI. vaporwise the cloud will gave bigger denser hits because of the bowl size. the HI hits are big but not as dense and smoother imo.

i think most people agree that around 11.8v is the sweet spot for non combusting. i generally just use on max. the herb can fall into the center tube and block the airflow.

I have/use both and agree with bOObs' adept description. My HI is so special in so many ways. There's no way I'd loan it out. And it's very different from the Cloud. I love both.

Elluzion, I'm so sorry about your glasswreck.

Jurassic

Funny though, you would think the HI is much more durable than the Cloud, so it would be the HI i'd let people use, not Cloud. Just my 2 grams, but without being a HI owner I guess I could be way off. I hope to join you all on the Island soon :) I'm creating my own personally perfect vape line up, and I think this deserves a spot on the shelf. Again, looking forward to catching up and joining the party soon.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I wouldn't loan either one out. The Cloud because it can get fucked up and the HI just because it's special. Jurassic, you'll find that no matter what log vape someone uses, they become pretty attached to it. For years I wouldn't even loan out my backup PD. Now the HI sits in that spot.

And no, I wasn't fucking with you earlier. One of the pros&cons of the HI is it's variables. It's a pro in the sense that there is so much you can do with it and several ways to get to the same sweet spot. It's a con in that if you are having a lazy night or haven't gotten your routine down yet, it can be slightly frustrating. So while it is not the friendliest vape to newbies (this is due to solely to the VV adapter and the ability of the HI to touch the herb, imo), once you get the basic technique down it is great and once you master several techniques it's fucking addicting!

For the record, I still prefer the stems to the bubbler with the HI because I'm in control and can better see the herb and stem. I have not advanced to boobs' level yet. When I want to use my bubbler I grab the Cloud because it is standardized and brainless and I am a sloth.

I've got plenty of vapes and am going to thin down my collection some here soon, but the two home vapes that are not going anywhere are the Cloud and the HI. You know how you rotate vapes and sometimes don't use a good one for a few weeks? Even when I am doing that to the HI it never crosses my mind to part with it!

Vapinghole

Funny though, you would think the HI is much more durable than the Cloud, so it would be the HI i'd let people use, not Cloud. Just my 2 grams, but without being a HI owner I guess I could be way off. I hope to join you all on the Island soon :) I'm creating my own personally perfect vape line up, and I think this deserves a spot on the shelf. Again, looking forward to catching up and joining the party soon.

Like sticks, for me it has nothing to do with someone possibly breaking my HI--it's just way too special to me. And the entire experience of waiting, dealing with Alan, and finally getting it was awesome. I'm still amazed at its versatility. I can get totally different results with just slight adjustments to airflow, how HI I hold my HI from the herb, how much herb I use, what temp I set my VVPS on, what tube(s) I use, etc... And I almost always use it with water.

Vapinghole,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i'm finally happy with my vape line-up, the only thing i may add is another HI for the collection. one for home and one for work :D so i don't have to worry about dropping it again bringing it back and forth.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
ghost>boogie on - Thanks for the request. I have you on the list. Here is my favorite hydrating whip setup. The Filter Flask and 2-piece glass roasting tube. So inexpensive and easy to clean.

filterflask.jpg

ghost>boogie on

iko-iko all day
Whoa, thanks for the quick response Alan.
Looking forward to 'the hi'.:D

edit: prolly shoulda looked through the tread first, i'll be wanting the glass turbo tube setup.
i'll be glass on glass, holy shit. totally stoked.
keep on!

ghost>boogie on,

Vapinghole

Whoa, thanks for the quick response Alan.
Looking forward to 'the hi'.:D

edit: prolly shoulda looked through the tread first, i'll be wanting the glass turbo tube setup.
i'll be glass on glass, holy shit. totally stoked.
keep on!

You should be totally stoked. And then, when you get it, you'll be even more stoked. You're in the right waiting line and will soon wield your HI-saber. Welcome.

u bwade wunner

hey tig420

You made the right choice.That must feel awesome.Hope you d ont mind sharing youre buzz.Sitting on the deck enjoying edibles I had earlier on with Jeppys stones.I can do a stones day No worries Jeppy:) ,wishing you Hi times soon Tig.Welcome:nod:

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: Jeppy

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
OhTheAgony - Very good point about the visual quality of the herb. A good argument for growing your own. Hard to say if even the heat of the vaporizer will destroy all the spores. That discussion should have its own thread.

Yeah, I figured it was still on topic ad first since we were talking to it in relation to use of the HI stems, but we're wondering off a bit further now I guess. I do know endospores can be extremely heat & even fire resistant btw, but I don't really know how those relate to general fungi spores.

i'm finally happy with my vape line-up, the only thing i may add is another HI for the collection. one for home and one for work :D so i don't have to worry about dropping it again bringing it back and forth.

I dropped my HI too the other day. It's just a small dink on the bottom rim, but it still hurts :(

My HI landed on the exact same spot on the edge of my desk as my UD did a while back when it got it's first dink. I should have gotten a desk with rounded edges, damned :(

Otherwise I kinda feel the same. I would like to play around with a PAX sometime, but basically I am very satisfied with my vape set up & really don't need anything else right now. It doesn't work the same with glass now does it? :rolleyes:

the mail man let me down and now im still HI-less till hopefully monday.

Well, I guess we'll both be sitting by the mailbox tomorrow then :wave:

Nice one Jeppy :tup:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I am officially bummed - Alan said it could be months before I get my HI - :(

mvapes,

cluffy

Vaker
jeez mvapes, looks like you have enough vapes to carry you through the wait! why not take a trip down memory lane and hit each one in succession? :brow:

cluffy,
Reactions: mvapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think most of us have waited around 6 months or so. It is a long wait but it is how it is.

You'll forget all about it once you have it though, & you could always pick up something else while your waiting to keep you distracted for the time being :tup:

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I personally liked the wait. Gives you a chance to get to know one another. The 'HI' then becomes a way of life. You can't just 'get and go'. You have to spend time, so that when you do recieve your 'HI',,,,,,,,,you're ready for the change. :2c:

PS....Everyone here waited. It's why we so easily and freely joke and tease about it. :wave:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Yeah it's cool, I've been following this thread for so long and I'm excited to get mine. This by far, even more than the cloud has been the vape that excites me the most. Thanks everyone for helping ease the sting of the wait.

mvapes,
Reactions: TV

Jurassic

Really mvapes? More than the Cloud? Common man! ;-)

I really intended to read this entire thread today, I was on FC practically all day catching up everywhere but here. I now feel left out, and it will be my duty to catch up from the start and join the party soon enough.

I just can't believe the LOVE for the HI. I must admit, my experience communication with Alan has been amazing. I can't wait to join the revolution, and hopefully add some questions to the discussion (that haven't been asked already ofcourse) :)

Seeya on the island soon amigos.

Top Bottom