The HI

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
ahh a custom piece schweet!!! i hope its worth the wait:D

i have been splurging on some glass too, got me some custom dishes and dabbers. just been to lazy to post pic and stuff of it.

ilovebOObs,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
ahh a custom piece schweet!!! i hope its worth the wait:D

i have been splurging on some glass too, got me some custom dishes and dabbers. just been to lazy to post pic and stuff of it.

I hope too. His deadline runs out this week though, if he still hasn't finished it I'm going to look for something else as soon as I get my money back. I'm all out of patience right now.

I don't think it's called lazy when you're a new parent, more like constantly exhausted. One tends to be excused for that ;)

To be honest I can't keep up with your collection atm, nor Frederic's for that matter. I think I even read somewhere you sold the Boobs signature bubbler that was the star in all the vids we got to know you through? Why Boobs, why?

OhTheAgony,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Hey JedHIs! Just wanted to share what has worked well for me while using my HI recently...

So it seems the best temperature I have found for the best most even roasting is around 11.7-11.8v..

What I do is use my all glass 2.5'' stem and instead of holding my HI above the herbs I put it all the way down so the heatport rests on the herbs and I don't have to hold it. I have found the most even roasting with this method. At first I was afraid to combust from it getting too hot, but it actually never does, and produces the most amazing clouds of vapor. I usually stir ever couple of hits and the ABV turns out beautiful.

Try this and let me know what you guys think (obvs w/glass only)! Its my new favorite way to roast with my bub :)

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
I hope too. His deadline runs out this week though, if he still hasn't finished it I'm going to look for something else as soon as I get my money back. I'm all out of patience right now.

I don't think it's called lazy when you're a new parent, more like constantly exhausted. One tends to be excused for that ;)

To be honest I can't keep up with your collection atm, nor Frederic's for that matter. I think I even read somewhere you sold the Boobs signature bubbler that was the star in all the vids we got to know you through? Why Boobs, why?

unlike some of these other guys, i can't keep a huge collection. so if i want to try something new then something old has to go :( prolly my DG will go next then time for a new piece :D

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hey JedHIs! Just wanted to share what has worked well for me while using my HI recently...

So it seems the best temperature I have found for the best most even roasting is around 11.7-11.8v..

What I do is use my all glass 2.5'' stem and instead of holding my HI above the herbs I put it all the way down so the heatport rests on the herbs and I don't have to hold it. I have found the most even roasting with this method. At first I was afraid to combust from it getting too hot, but it actually never does, and produces the most amazing clouds of vapor. I usually stir ever couple of hits and the ABV turns out beautiful.

Try this and let me know what you guys think (obvs w/glass only)! Its my new favorite way to roast with my bub :)

I've seen Boobs resting his HI on the herbs to make a seal in at least one of his videos as well. I usually don't need to do this until I get to the last 2 hits myself.

I started out @ 11,8V as well, but I usually stay between 11,4 and 11,6V nowadays (it depends a bit on how long the unit has been turned on). The vapor was a little to hot for my taste at higher voltages. My mouth & pallet are extremely sensitive to heat though, most people won't have a problem with the temps at that voltage.

I always stir my bowls after every hit with all my vapes, and this is all through water with a 2,5" GonG stem as well.

unlike some of these other guys, i can't keep a huge collection. so if i want to try something new then something old has to go :( prolly my DG will go next then time for a new piece :D

I hear you bro. I'd probably own a lot more glass already if I could afford it. I do hope I'll stick to one high end piece at the time because of my limited budget though. But that's what I said about vapes as well when I first got here, spending much more then I was planning to, so don't hold me to it pls.. :)

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
OhTheAgony - Thanks for posting the photo. Looks like that all glass stem is getting used quite a bit. I am just finishing another batch of them. The hand grinding is the most challenging operation I perform. The taper has to be just right. I rarely get it on the first try. Sorry to hear you are not having luck with a glass artist. Glad I am not taking money to get on the list. That would drive me crazy. I feel bad enough making people wait as long as they have been. It is just the nature of custom creations.

Kuroth1 - The original HI is $120 and $20 for the power supply. It requires a power supply with a right angle plug end. The tall HI is $135 and $20 for the VVPS. It has a right angle adapter in the lower part which allows the use of the VVPS. The roasting tubes are priced from $10 to $30. I am sure to have a tube that you will like.

Elluzion - Sounds like you are having fun trying different roasting techniques. Enjoy your JedHI training.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
HI Alan!!

That you hand-make everything just makes my HI and tubes all the more special.

Very much worth the wait, and then some. :)

My two all glass tubes arrived a couple of days ago (one 2.5" and one 3.5").

While I don't yet have a HI these are working great with my UD. I've been using the 3.5" for direct draw and the 2.5" with my bubbler and I couldn't be happier - these tubes are excellent.

Thanks (:

Rename Rev Ye Us,
Reactions: Vapinghole

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Good day fellow JedHI warriors. Just wanted to pop in a hail praise for the turbo tube with glass nipple; after my first real chance for an extensive direct draw session I must declare it as being the weapon of choice from now on. Good flow, cracking hits off a 2/3 full bowl and such nice flavor.

I am used to using the older PD stems so for me at the moment this new stem is more of an advancement than the HI itself (which of course is holding its own nicely).

I think I may need to order a couple more of these... ;)

u bwade wunner

Stoked to see youre research paid off everyusername and cool Alan's stuff works with the UD.Wait till you get a load of the Hi.:).its perfection.Worth waiting for.

Hey Nuvap sounds like you have it down.I find with direct draw you need to be a lttle careful or you become the cough monster.It gets Intense quite quickly.By the way,like your'e avatar.Was my first cd purchase ever.Dark side is my album of choice:) when I lose faith in this crazy world.:peace:

Ive been meaning to put this on here.Nuvap lit the fuse.Enjoy:tup:
dedicated to Alan the guru:science: and everyone who enjoys their weapon of choice.The HI
Mine is almost 6 months old now and still never misses a beat.

Good Vibes from the good ol pacific heading youre way.can anyone do that dance after a session?

u bwade wunner,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
OhTheAgony - Thanks for posting the photo. Looks like that all glass stem is getting used quite a bit. I am just finishing another batch of them. The hand grinding is the most challenging operation I perform. The taper has to be just right. I rarely get it on the first try. Sorry to hear you are not having luck with a glass artist. Glad I am not taking money to get on the list. That would drive me crazy. I feel bad enough making people wait as long as they have been. It is just the nature of custom creations.

Kuroth1 - The original HI is $120 and $20 for the power supply. It requires a power supply with a right angle plug end. The tall HI is $135 and $20 for the VVPS. It has a right angle adapter in the lower part which allows the use of the VVPS. The roasting tubes are priced from $10 to $30. I am sure to have a tube that you will like.

Elluzion - Sounds like you are having fun trying different roasting techniques. Enjoy your JedHI training.

Thanks Alan.. Cant wait... I liked my PD but it just never seem to have that ummffff for me... And always wanted to try another(better) Log Vape.. By what everyone around here says The HI is the bomb....

Any difference between the regular and tall HI? What is a VVPS? And when its my turn to get one will I have a choice between the Regular and the Tall????

And yes when it's my turn I will let you turn me on to some good Stems to go with it..

Kuroth1,

u bwade wunner

Any difference between the regular and tall HI? What is a VVPS? And when its my turn to get one will I have a choice between the Regular and the Tall????
I would just pay the extra and go with the Tall so later you can use it with the VVPS if you need to.

Alan sells a variable voltage power supply with his Hi as an option.It allows you to use your'e hi with adjustable voltages to increase your'e Hi's heat.Higher heat will give you larger clouds but will cash in youre meds quicker.Most people like to adjust their temps to medicate at different levels.

Variable Voltage power supplies are also available from ebay.They require a cable which you can make yourself.Frederick McGuire has an excellent post featured here which details what you need to do.

Mine is here. It will allow you to use higher temps to rip bigger clouds and also to turn down temps in between hits if you are using the unit for aromatherapy oils

If you pick up a Hi You might want to consider a matching wood stem.
The Stem comes from the same 2 inch block as youre Hi so they re kind of related.

Its also a fantastic extra piece of wood art that ages gracefully with youre Hi and to top that the mouthpiece slides straight into a 14mm gong.Its also unbreakable if you buy a SS bowl for it.

best of luck kuroth in making some good decisions:)

I m one day closer to recieving my package.Yesss.HIAS in full effect.Love punishing myself:mental:

u bwade wunner,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks

Everyday Alan. And it doesn't get cleaned as often as my other stems too because it's so easy to keep the screen unclogged, haha. I'm going to have to order another one for back up soon though, I'd be lost if anything happened to this one already.

Yeah, even tho those stems look so simple I already figured they're not as easy to make. Didn't you say you drill the bowl part out as well a bit so the screen has a little ledge to sit on? I can imagine a lot of broken glass tubes if that was my job :lol:

Talking about broken glass; it turns out mr. Magic Glass had injured his hand, hence the delay on my bubbler. But my piece is finished now and should be shipped next Monday so the wait is almost over :brow:

I'm so stocked to try it, I may not even like it since all I ever used is this simple tube I've got :lol:

Thanks for the video Jeppy. The Counting Crows was actually the last band I went to see in Paradiso in Amsterdam some years ago. Haven't been to a life performance since I believe. They totally sucked btw. They were high as a kite when they got on stage, as bands often are when they're performing in Holland. I wonder what that's all about.. :rolleyes: :lol:

edit: I don't think the HI runs hotter with the variable PSU Alan provides, Bwade (if he hasn't run out of them already, last I heard he was getting to the last ones he could get a hold off). It only goes to 12V and allows people to go cooler instead of hotter. People could also just use the regular PSU and a simple LED dimmer switch (just a few bucks on ebay) for the same effect.

I find it hard to imagine anyone would ever need to go over 12V with the HI btw. The closeness of the heating element to the herb makes for a very efficient design and make it perform like a hot little devil already.

My two all glass tubes arrived a couple of days ago (one 2.5" and one 3.5").

While I don't yet have a HI these are working great with my UD. I've been using the 3.5" for direct draw and the 2.5" with my bubbler and I couldn't be happier - these tubes are excellent.

Thanks (:

Glad you like 'm :tup:

I find they work best with the HI because it allows you to go deeper in to the bowl thus get the heat delivered closer to the herbs then with my UD, but they work great with the UD as well as long as you keep te bowls a bit fuller. I only use my stem with the silicon bowl for straight hash now and the GonG stems for everything else.

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I would just pay the extra and go with the Tall so later you can use it with the VVPS if you need to.

Alan sells a variable voltage power supply with his Hi as an option.It allows you to use your'e hi with adjustable voltages to increase your'e Hi's heat.Higher heat will give you larger clouds but will cash in youre meds quicker.Most people like to adjust their temps to medicate at different levels.

Variable Voltage power supplies are also available from ebay.They require a cable which you can make yourself.Frederick McGuire has an excellent post featured here which details what you need to do.

Mine is here. It will allow you to use higher temps to rip bigger clouds and also to turn down temps in between hits if you are using the unit for aromatherapy oils

If you pick up a Hi You might want to consider a matching wood stem.
The Stem comes from the same 2 inch block as youre Hi so they re kind of related.

Its also a fantastic extra piece of wood art that ages gracefully with youre Hi and to top that the mouthpiece slides straight into a 14mm gong.Its also unbreakable if you buy a SS bowl for it.

best of luck kuroth in making some good decisions:)

I m one day closer to recieving my package.Yesss.HIAS in full effect.Love punishing myself:mental:

Beautiful matching Stem... Did not know I could get that.. I will for sure,..

Thanks for the Info... Alan I would like the Tall one please... :rockon:

Kuroth1,

u bwade wunner

Hey Oth
I don't think the HI runs hotter with the variable PSU Alan provides, Bwade (if he hasn't run out of them already
Im just spoiled nowadays by the digital display on my VVPS.I have forgotten about the Volt limits on Alans Variable supplies:doh: , which being honest is what will work best for most people.

I notice in Alans recent post he may have tracked down some more of his variable power supplies.he mentions pricing for them.

I would love to limit my digital VVPS to 13 volts max If i could.I have already torched one element.:disgust: luckily Im handy,with a couple of $s I was fixed up again in no time.

sometimes for a quicker heat up time or if my Hi feels cooler than it should at 12v :shrug: I crank it up a volt.When I come back she is hot as:D:evil:.I just turn her down on the display and let her cool a bit.So far the psu I modded runs flat out all day at weekends and everyday from about 8 hrs or so.It gets a good workout.no issues at all with it which is good.

liked youre anecdote about the Crows btw. I saw the them supporting the Who last year.i came away really liking them.the lead singer is interesting.seemed like a good guy to invite to a party.I m sure

hey kuroth
Beautiful matching Stem... Did not know I could get that.. I will for sure,..
My stem is pictured here next to my Hi but i had Alan make me a SS bowl for it which I love to bits

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hey Oth

Im just spoiled nowadays by the digital display on my VVPS.I have forgotten about the Volt limits on Alans Variable supplies:doh: , which being honest is what will work best for most people.

I notice in Alans recent post he may have tracked down some more of his variable power supplies.he mentions pricing for them.

I would love to limit my digital VVPS to 13 volts max If i could.I have already torched one element.:disgust: luckily Im handy,with a couple of $s I was fixed up again in no time.

sometimes for a quicker heat up time or if my Hi feels cooler than it should at 12v :shrug: I crank it up a volt.When I come back she is hot as:D:evil:.I just turn her down on the display and let her cool a bit.So far the psu I modded runs flat out all day at weekends and everyday from about 8 hrs or so.It gets a good workout.no issues at all with it which is good.

liked youre anecdote about the Crows btw. I saw the them supporting the Who last year.i came away really liking them.the lead singer is interesting.seemed like a good guy to invite to a party.I m sure

hey kuroth

My stem is pictured here next to my Hi but i had Alan make me a SS bowl for it which I love to bits

Freaking beautiful man.. I am confused on how this works.. Since he offers(Tall, Reg, type of Wood) how does it work when its my turn? Will he have all these options ready and just ask me what I want????

Kuroth1,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
When your time comes up on the list, Alan will contact you for the details of your order. This is when you will tell him which model HI and which tubes you want. Often there is also some discussion about what wood type you want (if he has choices at the time).

momofthegoons,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
When your time comes up on the list, Alan will contact you for the details of your order. This is when you will tell him which model HI and which tubes you want. Often there is also some discussion about what wood type you want (if he has choices at the time).

Thanks Mom

Kuroth1,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Vapinghole - It is nice to know that my efforts are appreciated and enjoyed. Sorry to keep everyone waiting for so long.

Jeppy - Thanks for the video tribute. The "Jim's Seek n Save Antiques" is only about 7 blocks from my house. Right next to the Neighbor's bar. Nice that you got to see Omaha a couple of times a year.

everyusername - Glad to hear the glass roasting tubes arrived safely and they are working well with your UD. The longer tube is much like a glass cigar. I was just doing a search for glass cigars and found this.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/LightEnergyGlass?ref=seller_info
They look like they might work with the HI. Would love to find out more about them.

nuvape - Thanks for checking in. I'm glad you are finding the glass roasting tube to your liking. They are also my weapon of choice. I have been on a quest to create the perfect roasting tubes as they are almost more important than the heat source. Now I just need to make more.

u bwade wunner - Thanks for posting the video. Not sure I could do that dance. Chris did it so well.

mom - Glad to hear you are still enjoying the HI with so many other weapons from which to choose. Hope your TT is still getting some time. I still like doing the initial roast with my TT and then finish with my HI.

Kuroth1 - You will be happy with the tall HI. It is only 3/8" taller than the regular HI since it needs the extra room in the bottom for the included right angle adapter. Having the versatility to use a straight plug is very nice. I still like to use a right angle plug end with the tall HI so that cord twist does not try to topple the HI. The only down side to the HI is that it may be too light in weight.
I will get in contact with you when it is your turn on the list and we can go from there.

OhTheAgony - Glad to hear it worked out with your glass artist. I know how injuries can affect things. I have been battling a sore neck/back myself. The show must go on though. Just finishing another batch of all glass roasting tubes. They seem to go so quickly. Almost every HI order has included at least one. The deep roasting bowl and no stop on the HI center tube allows you to position it about anywhere you want within the roasting bowl. A great way to vary the roasting temperature.

Top Bottom