The HI

TDA

What a great collection Ed! Those were the two models I had picked for myself in my imaginary "wish I had a HI like that" world, haha. Guys, I can't wait for some videos of those in action!

u bwade wunner

I think Alan said they been spoken for ever since the pictures of the wood were first posted, so before the magical HI's were turned even. Smart padawans they were :nod:
Jeez all these lurkers:rant: come out, come out!.. you can run but you c ant hide:lol:

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: Jeppy

u bwade wunner

That voodoo doll stuff you posted earlier just wont work Jeppy.maybe its time for a saber battle.First one to vape 5 bowls gets it Ok?:lol:

starwarssmiley023.gif

u bwade wunner

Damn Jeppy Ok you win First prize is a picture of my Hi below
Runner up gets The Hi,so I think Oh the Agony should get it.Its only fair, that way everyone is a winner!:p

I went to the beach this morning and took along my Hi
Here is the Hi light.
20120826113821.jpg

Its Jezzeka with Alans Saber SS stem and Eds solo stem.Its 3000 yr old Irish bog oak Black as coal which just happens to hold Alans 5/16 (I think) SS tip perfectly.I ve been having a ball with this all week.

how i did it..Its easy,just a Variable speed drill and sandpaper needed to convert it to look pro.

I just pulled Eds SS bowl off the solo stem with a pliers and cut the recess off the stem where the bowl sat with a hacksaw neat and true.
Pull the silicone ring off Alans SS tip,Then insert the tip into the mouthpiece end of the solo stem,one end of the tip in the wood ,the other end in the drill chuck and pinched folded sandpaper over the raw cut end with my index finger and thumb.Then spun the drill on slow revs while pinching to keep it spinning true with no wobble. rolled the paper over the end as it spun..Worked a treat.The stem now has matching rolled ends.

That s the xtra stem I promised I d post.My Solos have been retired so I have a few more cocobolo etc, I m gonna convert for use with Alans glass nipples.Good wood just keeps giving.Thanks Alan and Ed

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Daww, thanks Bwade! I'll pm you my address so you know where to send it
poke.gif

Wait, so the Solo stem works with the SS nipple with a little modding? Crap, I should've ordered one of those too when I was at it. I may have to place another order soon... :evil:

Perhaps Ed could make us a short stem to fit the SS nipple & match it to fit a 18,8mm ground glass connection now he stopped doing CRZ stems? Everything here went up a size recently, & I would really like to eliminate the 18 to 14mm reducer. It just feels like a unfortunately necessary weak link to me, I already broke the first one on day 2, lol

So are you on battery power already that you can use your HI at the beach (& is this why you could retire your Solo?), Bwade, or was it just there to tan & tease the boys?

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Perhaps Ed could make us a short stem to fit the SS nipple & match it to fit a 18,8mm ground glass connection now he stopped doing CRZ stems? Everything here went up a size recently, & I would really like to eliminate the 18 to 14mm reducer. It just feels like a unfortunately necessary weak link to me, I already broke the first one on day 2, lol

Just trying to get on the same page, so your thinking a stem that would be 18.8mm thick OD which is damn near 3/4" with a 5/16" ID. It would be rather large at that size. I have yet to try my crz stems with the HI, just not had time or the thoughts to do so. I will give it a look this afternoon! Its still early here, I maybe a little slow this morning!

Nice work U Bwade!

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Well, that was fast :lol:

I thought our time difference was larger btw. I've been bakin' since I got up & it still feels like morning here :haw:

If my 18 to 14 reducer is a good representative for the average 18,8mm joint you could probably go as low as 17mm at the widest point (OD), mine is about 16mm at the narrowest point (ID) so it should still make a nice fit that way. I'm thinking about two to two and a half inches in length without the SS nipple?

Top Bottom