The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
SirTokesAlot said:
Is there any possibility for a 45 degree poly tube? It seems a lot more ergonomical for people who have stemless pieces. That'd be something that a lot of log vapes lack.

That might be a bit of a challenge. I have never heated and bent poly tubing before.

scottio19 said:
Just a question about the HI, UD, and logs in general. Why are the HI and UD log vapes getting so much attention in the "huge hit" department? Could it just be due to their higher temperatures and increased airflow, paired with the ability to pack a larger bowl than other log vapes? Or could the fact that they both run on higher wattages (assumption) lower the need for heat retention on those long draws? I mean like the heating element is getting more power so a long strong draw will still get alot of hot air.

The design of the UD is similar to the HI in that they both limit the amount of heat that can be removed from the core to the wood and have a very short / direct air path. More heat is available to heat the air even though they both have the identical ceramic heating element as all the other log vapes. They are rated for 5 watts but over powered to put out between 7 and 8 watts. That is why they get hot enough to produce vapor.
The 1-12v variable voltage power supply allows precise temperature control. More than 12 volts is never needed. I feel the best option for a car is a small inverter. The variable voltage power supply will still be able to control the temperature and the inverter can be used for many other things. They can be purchased for about the same cost as plain adapter cords. They just need to be able to deliver 1 amp or more. The very small units don't have enough power. I may have to purchase some smaller ones to try out. I already have a larger one for my car.

Alan,

GhostVapor

Just paid for a tall purple heart HI! Woohooo very excited! I'll post pic's and my thoughts after it arrives. Thanks for dealing with me on new years eve Alan, super fast responses btw! Much appreciated :D

GhostVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Congrats GhostVapor! I know Alan will take good care of you. Make sure you post a pic when you get it. I'd love to see it.

momofthegoons,
They sell a power inverter at autozone for 24.99... It is rated at 130 watts and it runs my zaps and pd just right in the car.... Just throwing that info out there for hi users looking for a cheap reliable power source that won't make your unit run excessively hot. Happy new years everyone. :peace:

PanicFreak,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Now the fun begins!
Stellar moves Alan...
The HI is a long and lean, little vape machine. ;)
GhostVapor- I am ready for some photos also.
Let us all get a peak!

Vitolo,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks GhostVapor. You caught me at the right time and I had a purple heart unit mostly complete. Just need to finish it now. I will post a photo when it is done.

Alan,

Vamp

Had this guy for about a week now. Wood is maple burl. This thing is pretty awesome, I have been very pleased with it.
[img=test]http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j340/rcgray42/DSCN1964.jpg[/img]

Vamp,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Nice HI Vamp. It looks just like the one I gave my son for Christmas. He gave me that wonderful Launch Box. He also gave me that maple burl wood as a present a few years ago. Finally found a excellent use for it.

Thanks psyshaman. I'm finding it a bit more difficult to make a HI from any piece of wood. It is a delicate balance of precision, strength, and humidity. Each piece of wood has unique challenges. Trying to find just the right fabrication techniques. I can really sympathize with Dave in loosing some dogs late in the process. Loosing the wood is a shame, but it is the loss of time that really hurts.

Really like the idea that OhTheAgony suggested for the all glass roasting bowl. I have an idea that might work. Just need to order some new glass tubing to give it a try.

Alan,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
First off, that burl is outstanding Vamp. Just beautiful.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for an all glass roasting bowl Alan. :cool:

momofthegoons,

scottio19

scotty
I have a heavy duty inverter in my dads minivan! 4 outlets I believe, but it is somewhat bulky and has a fan constantly going, so I might spring for one of the small duracell ones on amazon.

I like the idea of using an inverter over using the car's 13.5V DC current through a car adapter because I know the vapor it will produce will be consistent from house to car. Inverters only draw as much power as needed right?

I would also like to see a pic of your adjustable power supply if possible but the dimensions would be just as helpful.

scottio19,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
scottio19 said:
I have a heavy duty inverter in my dads minivan! 4 outlets I believe, but it is somewhat bulky and has a fan constantly going, so I might spring for one of the small duracell ones on amazon.

I like the idea of using an inverter over using the car's 13.5V DC current through a car adapter because I know the vapor it will produce will be consistent from house to car. Inverters only draw as much power as needed right?

I would also like to see a pic of your adjustable power supply if possible but the dimensions would be just as helpful.

I'm not sure of the power draw requirements of inverters. You should be fine if it can provide 1 amp or more.

Here is a photo of a walnut HI with a variable voltage (1 to 12 volts) power supply. The box of the power supply is 8.5cm x 4.5cm x 3cm.

walnuthivvps.jpg

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
TV said:
Really like the idea that OhTheAgony suggested for the all glass roasting bowl. I have an idea that might work. Just need to order some new glass tubing to give it a try.

Unless I'm so vaked I can't remember posting it here too that idea was for the UD only. So sorry, but you can't use it :lol: ;) :p

Glad I could at least get one of you guys to at least consider moving towards something else then silicon, haha. I'm curious to see what you come up with!

Very interested in the next developments. What tubes does everyone find themselves using? I stop using the Silicon on plastic tubes because of my frequent combustion.

biojuggernaut,

GhostVapor

That really is an excellent piece of maple vamp, congrats! Alan, by chance do you have any more of that birthday burl laying around? :)

GhostVapor,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
OhTheAgony - I know a good idea when I hear it. Always trying to make something for which people ask. The glass tubing has now been ordered. They will be primarily for water filtration if it works.

biojuggernaut - Sounds like an all glass bowl may be just what you need. Hammered screens should also help you.

GhostVapor - I do have one more short HI blank of that burl, but it is not nearly as crazy. I do have some other maple burl that I still need to cut up. Have also been thinking of cutting into some spalted maple.

Alan,

SirTokesAlot

The Dank Knight
Just received the HI!

The package came with a micro turbo tube [5/8" beyond silicone], regular length turbo tube, AND a glass micro turbo tube which we weren't expecting [Thanks Alan!] It also came with a copper aromatherapy cap, poker tools, extra screens, extra silicon sleeves, polytubes, the adjustable AC adapter, and the HI.
My initial reaction to it was the size. This thing is PUNY, it's 3.75" tall and 1.5" and fits perfectly into my hand. The power adapter believe it or not, is actually pretty small despite what it looks like in the pictures. It's about 4" long and 1.5" wide. About the same size as the HI itself. The craftsmanship is also remarkable. All of the cuts were clean, and the hexagonal hole for the AC adapter holds the power supply snuggly.

I'm taking a few test tokes currently, it performs very well. Hits are a LOT larger than you expect them to be, the first hit totally kicked my ass . Expect a review video soon!

SirTokesAlot,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Glad to hear it arrived safely SirVapesAlot and that it is working very well for you. The small size and light weight is a bit of a surprise. It does pack a punch though.
Hope you are finding just the right temperature setting and it is handling your glassware well.
I look forward to the review video.

Thanks

Alan,
SirTokesAlot said:
Just received the HI!

The package came with a micro turbo tube [5/8" beyond silicone], regular length turbo tube, AND a glass micro turbo tube which we weren't expecting [Thanks Alan!] It also came with a copper aromatherapy cap, poker tools, extra screens, extra silicon sleeves, polytubes, the adjustable AC adapter, and the HI.
My initial reaction to it was the size. This thing is PUNY, it's 3.75" tall and 1.5" and fits perfectly into my hand. The power adapter believe it or not, is actually pretty small despite what it looks like in the pictures. It's about 4" long and 1.5" wide. About the same size as the HI itself. The craftsmanship is also remarkable. All of the cuts were clean, and the hexagonal hole for the AC adapter holds the power supply snuggly.

I'm taking a few test tokes currently, it performs very well. Hits are a LOT larger than you expect them to be, the first hit totally kicked my ass . Expect a review video soon!

How much did the whole kit cost you sirtokesalot?

mflb_hustler,

SirTokesAlot

The Dank Knight
Sad news everyone. My glass collection is in pieces. One of the supports in the display shelf gave away and all of my glass is broken. My SG is still intact for the most part, but the neck is jagged. The video may be delayed, sorry. :/
The kit was 175 shipped.

To anyone who is buying a HI unit, I definitely recommend the adjustable AC adapter. The option of having low power really allows you to really savor the flavor, I find that I only get around 3-4 monster hits when the HI is at full power.

Alan, would it be possible to have the bottom of the HI unit fit the 90 degree adapter snuggly for future units? All of the pulling and pushing might be bad for the power jack in the long run. Besides that, I haven't found any noticeable flaws, it all looks good!

SirTokesAlot,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
SirTokesAlot said:
Sad news everyone. My glass collection is in pieces. One of the supports in the display shelf gave away and all of my glass is broken. My SG is still intact for the most part, but the neck is jagged.
Gutting! Really sorry to hear that. At least you had the HI to toke on and offer you some stress release.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Top Bottom