• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

biojuggernaut said:
uh glass stem and the poly stem with the metal bumper. I combust with a lot of the other ones.

Thanks bio i was thinking the same thing. definately not interested in combusting! i assume you did not get the variable power supply

mflb_hustler,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
i assume you did not get the variable power supply

I was wondering the same thing. Bio, are you saying that you combusted with a 12v adapter? And, are you saying it was the tube you used, or the way you loaded the tube? Some of Alan's tubes will hold more herb than others. I know when I use my Hot Box, if the wand is loaded too full, I can reach combustion.

momofthegoons,
momofthegoons said:
i assume you did not get the variable power supply

I was wondering the same thing. Bio, are you saying that you combusted with a 12v adapter? And, are you saying it was the tube you used, or the way you loaded the tube? Some of Alan's tubes will hold more herb than others. I know when I use my Hot Box, if the wand is loaded too full, I can reach combustion.

I use the original white 12v supplied Mom. It is a little bit of both to be honest; the heat island can reach very deep into the tubes, and sometimes my unsteady hands holding the HI to my diffusor will jam biomaterial into the island to the point where air flow is reduced/restricted so much that the bowl catches on fire. One could say this is how I 'over'-packed the tube; other times however I feel that my HI has been left on for too long and it just happens regardless. Maybe its time that I purchase a voltage adjuster.

- How do you feel about Alan's voltage adjusters; are they durable?

IMO the HI is a manual Audi rs4 all while the underdog is the luxurious audi A8. Sometimes you're gonna crash and burn. . .

biojuggernaut,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Did you get the shorty glass turbo tube I sent you bio? Did you notice any difference with the hammered screens? As long as you don't overload the bowl and keep good airflow, you should have good luck.

Time will tell on the VV units. I just started using them, so we will see. Good so far.

Alan,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I'm off for a drive to frigid Madison WI for a juggling festival and should return sometime Sunday. Will be a fun time as usual. Not so good for HI production though.

Alan,
TV said:
I'm off for a drive to frigid Madison WI for a juggling festival and should return sometime Sunday. Will be a fun time as usual. Not so good for HI production though.

Tell me about it i was just in Milwaukee last week..but i dont mine waiting a couple of days to place my HI order...Hey Alan I knew you made tops but do you make wooden juggling pieces also?

mflb_hustler,

zmurder

Hey guys, just met Alan here in Madison and picked up a new Cherry Heat Island with VV adapter. Also got to see all the stems he's been working on....picked up 3, including his newest one-piece all glass tube. The airflow on the all-glass stem is really unsurpassed, and I'm sure Alan will want to introduce it here soon. I'll say more after I've done more testing....but it's sweet so far!

zmurder said:
Hey guys, just met Alan here in Madison and picked up a new Cherry Heat Island with VV adapter. Also got to see all the stems he's been working on....picked up 3, including his newest one-piece all glass tube. The airflow on the all-glass stem is really unsurpassed, and I'm sure Alan will want to introduce it here soon. I'll say more after I've done more testing....but it's sweet so far!
I wish i was right around the corner so i can get mine too ,,btw which stems did you get?

mflb_hustler,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks Vito. That is kind of you. It was fun meeting with zmurder. He got to see first hand how quickly the HI heats up. I was able to make one of my new solid glass bowl / tube in time to bring with me. I will be interested to see how he likes it. I will post some photos when I get back home.
Last day of the festival today. Has been fun as always.
As far as wood juggling props mflb_hustler. If it can be made from wood and it is a skill toy, I can make it. Finding the time is the hard part.

Alan,

GO!!bot

any word on when you will have these available to sell? I was racking my brain between this and the underdog but the all glass stem might be the clincher!!!:o

GO!!bot,
GO!!bot said:
any word on when you will have these available to sell? I was racking my brain between this and the underdog but the all glass stem might be the clincher!!!:o
They are available once you contact Alan/TV the inventor..made to order...im ordering tonight/asap and the glass is another reason why im choosing the HI over the UD

mflb_hustler,

zmurder

mflb_hustler said:
zmurder said:
I wish i was right around the corner so i can get mine too ,,btw which stems did you get?

I don't know what they're called....so I'm trying to post this crappy picture

eVZmI.png

Edit: yeah there we go. The one on the right is the new one-piece all glass; the bottom is gong tapered while the top fits over the heat exchanger. The one on the left is a standard glass tube with silicon sleeve/bowl. The one in the middle is the only stem I got (this time) from Alan that fits inside the exchanger.

zmurder,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That'll work.

So you're saying that the suction with the GonG one is just as good as with the one on the left?

Do these fit the Underdog's heater as well?

OhTheAgony,

zmurder

OhTheAgony said:
That'll work.

So you're saying that the suction with the GonG one is just as good as with the one on the left?

Do these fit the Underdog's heater as well?

Nah I was just saying that the airflow (unmated) on the all-glass one-piece is smoother than any other log vape stem I've used. The mating to the heat exchanger isn't as tight as the silicon tube, but since the HI can really be cranked up, letting a tiny bit of cool air in only seems to help things.

I don't have an Underdog so Alan or others will have to comment on that.

zmurder,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Not too bad of a photo zmurder.
The tube on the left is the glass mouthpiece silicone turbo tube. It has a 3/8" hammered screen. It will fit onto the center tube of the HI, UD, PD, and WZ. I have also got it to work on the TT. It will fit into a 14mm joint.
The tube in the middle is my new glass toasty tube. There are two 5/16" ss tubes connected with a 3/8" coupling. The 5/16" hammered screen is contained within the coupling. It will fit in the HI , TT, and CRZ.
The tube on the right is my latest all glass turbo tube. It is one of my shorty glass tubes ground for 14mm that I have bored a hole in the other end for the bowl. It is really made for water filtration. It will also fit the HI, UD, PD, and WZ. Will try to get some photos posted tomorrow.
Hoping to have a good week turning.

Alan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
zmurder said:
.. The one on the right is the new one-piece all glass; the bottom is gong tapered while the top fits over the heat exchanger. The one on the left is a standard glass tube with silicon sleeve/bowl. The one in the middle is the only stem I got (this time) from Alan that fits inside the exchanger.
So I am dying to know as I am sure many are.....
Which roasting tube works best for you?
Do you like inside or outside the heat exchanger... and why? :)

Vitolo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yay, awesome, thanks for the explanation Alan!

Those GonG ones will be very popular I'm sure, I know I'd love a few those.

OhTheAgony,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Here are some photos of my all glass turbo tubes.
The first one made was the two piece that is held together with high temperature medical grade silicone tubing. A 10mm glass tube slides into the 10mm ID glass roasting bowl and provides the stop for the screen. The glass is etched in the center to hold the screen firmly. It fits down into a 14mm glass joint and can also be provided with a short glass stem.
The one piece glass has a 10mm hole bored into the end. 2.5mm thick glass. Takes a while to make one. It also fits into the poly storage tube.
Both tubes have 3/8" hammered screens.

glassturbotubes.jpg

glassturbotubesend.jpg

Top Bottom