The HI

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ooops :doh:
Was blowing to the light not at the cat - but I guess that equates to the same thing in this case - wasn't intentional, honest!

J.R.R.Tokin',

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey, you know what they say ' Great minds...'. That 10-Arm had actually been benched before I got the HI. It's quite a big piece for vapor really, but the Hi can fill it with no probs so it's come back into play :)

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: ilovebOObs

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
OMG! That piece is sweeeet!
love0057.gif

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: ilovebOObs

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks for posting the video J.R.R. Looks like the HI is working very well for you. Love the glass piece. Quite a nice collection of logs on your table.

bOObys never ending bubble hash balls. Lots of great videos. Can't believe how quickly the vapor fills that new piece which looks very nice btw. Glad to see your HI is repaired and functioning well. Great cover for your HI tube bOObs.

Thanks Vapinghole. Nice to see the new lyrics.

hazy - I actually tried just a small notch at the bottom for the wire. That is how u bwade wunner's HI was configured for a while until I converted it into the hex slot. The stress of bending the wire caused the plug to tilt a bit. The heat from the socket made the plastic in the plug end soft and the conductors touched inside causing it to short out. It may work if I can find a better plug end cord. Maybe something with a glass insulator rather than thermal plastic. I'm always looking for a better way.

Thanks HoneyAir. The access to the heating element has always been a challenge with the HI. I just came up with a new tool to provide a more positive connection for changing out the heating element. Will get some photos tomorrow.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I am joining the HI club! :rockon:

I asked to be on the waiting list - so it will be a while til I get my own.....

However, I cheated, and cut to the front of the line!!!! I bought mephisto's HI, which I should have in a few days!!!

It looks so beautiful :love:

Question: Who leaves theirs on 24/7? Who doesn't, or wouldn't? Looks for strong opinions and reasons!

sessnet,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Hope you will enjoy your HI sessnet. I leave mine on 24/7. Steady state operating conditions seem to be working well. Removed the heating element from one of my oldest HI's with my new removal tool and did not see any signs of wood degradation.
Speaking of my new heating element tool. Here are some photos.

heandtool.jpg

hetool.jpg

It is 1/4" stainless tubing machined down to fit into the socket. A slot is cut in the side which engages the tab on the inside of the socket. The flattened end provides grip for leverage or a screw driver can be inserted into the end for more torque. This was the one part of the design with which I had not entirely been entirely happy. The simplicity of the tool is what I really like. Now I just need to get some made.

HoneyAir

:rockon::bowdown:

I had to hack at my PD to open it up from the bottom in order to work on it. Even though I am a functionality first guy, I still felt bad at having to mar it like that.

Being able to access and quickly repair a failed resistor without harming the HI is just beautiful. :clap:

P.S. Your tool is perfect because using pliers to grip the outside diameter can cause visible and permanent tool marks on the metal or the wood.

HoneyAir,

EyeFonez

Herb Roaster
A quick vid of me hitting the HI this afternoon. Sorry about the vid quality - keeps coming out like that when I upload to youtube!
Awsome vid, and good to see another cat lover. ha :lol:

good thing i got a new piece today :) hahaha finally i'm able to film sideways.
That Syn is gorgeous bOObsie! Glad to see one of those shower heads in action.
Speaking of syn, I just got a micro beaker for oils. :D yumm
If I could only get my hands on one of their AC's to match now!

And if only we could share glass... hahaha!

Hey sessnet, Jackmormon asked that question on page 42. You'll see answers shortly after :)
OK, I see that HiSi can bub in your signature.;) Props! You wont be disappointed! and If you got any questions about it or items to throw on it shoot me a PM!

EyeFonez,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks HoneyAir and mom. I sent the element and tool out yesterday to be put to the test. Pliers were just not the answer I needed. Too much risk of damage. The poly works pretty good, but not always.

Alan,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Alan - your constant innovation is impressive. I'm excited to see how my HI benefits from what you've learned in just the last few months.

Vapinghole,

Tom

Damn you Americans with your legal headshops and your medical weed...

Im sitting here raking the internet to try find a nice bubbler to go with my HI to no avail... At least I have a few months to find one...

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Have you checked out THIS thread yet for a bubbler?

Time to clean all my HI stems. They've been getting such an intensive workout they all need a good scrubbing!

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: Gonzo
Top Bottom