The HI

Just to confirm:

hivape.com has nothing to do with the HI discussed in this thread. There is no website for Alan's HI, at least not yet. For now, this thread serves as Alan's interface with his customers.

OKcomputer,
Reactions: Tom

Tom

Don't have my MFLB or iolite anymore, this seems relevant

R8tFp.png

EyeFonez

Herb Roaster
Hahahahaha! Now you know how we've been feeling for months Tom.

It'll only make the day you get "that email" from Alan that much better though. Hang in there

EyeFonez,
Reactions: Tom
Hello guys, new to FC 1st post. I'm a combustion smoker but I want to take healthier measures so decided to look into vaping. I only have a bootleg $30 whip vape that does not do its function very well and I don't use it t all.

Emailed Alan and was added to the HI wait list a few days ago just after only reading the first two pages of this thread. After completely going through the entire thread and seeing the vids you guys have posted up of forming such nice clouds from this device, I was inspired and knew that I must have it. I would just like to thank everyone that has made reviews and videos on the HI and especially to Alan for such a phenomenal product backed up with great customer service, it really makes you want it even more.

SativaLover420,
Reactions: EyeFonez

EyeFonez

Herb Roaster
Welcome SativaLover420 to FC and The HI waiting list!

Tom, I'm sure Alan will get into a routine which probably speeds up the process and once he's worked and learned more types of wood the process goes that much faster.

Plus by the time you get yours you'll get the most updated HI with the most options/accessories.
Something to look forward to :D

EyeFonez,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

Plus by the time you get yours you'll get the most updated HI with the most options/accessories.
Something to look forward to :D

Indeed. :rockon: Since i am on the list, Alan came out with the turbo tube and the gong tube and iloveb00bs invented the hash nipple which is quite adequate i believe.

So, don't worry about the list and embrace the HIpe. :nod:

vorrange,

Tom

So will mine come with ALL the different glass/silicon tubes or is there a base tube and the rest much be purchased additionally?

Tom,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I suggest you read the first post to clear some doubts.

It comes with the Hi and the power supply, dunno if it comes with an acrylic tube.

But the turbo tubes and the others are aditional, some prices are on the first post. That way you choose which tubes you like the most.

vorrange,
Reactions: cluffy
Base unit + Non-VV PS: $140

Exotic wood: +$10

VV-PS: +$15

Glass/silicone turbo tube OR poly/silicone turbo tube: +$10

Thick all-glass 14.4mm GonG turbo tube: +$30

I think Alan makes a thinner all-glass turbo tube for maybe $20, but you'll want the thick one. I've dropped the thick one onto hardwood flooring multiple times, it doesn't break.

Alan, let me know if these prices are out of date. Otherwise, these should answer basic pricing questions for the new list members.

Tom

Thanks computer! I am looking to use the HI on a 14.4 bubbler much the same as bOObs, so I assume the GonG turbo tube will be all I need?

Tom,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
The 5 minute heat up time is only achievable with the VV? If so how long does it take to reach temp with the standard power supply?

tranceporter,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
So sorry to make you combust like a caveman Tom. :( I will try my best to shorten the time.

Thanks for the answers mom, OKcomputer, and vorrange. The prices are still correct. I only have a couple of the thinner all glass tubes left and probably won't make any more.

You are welcome SativaLover420. I'm happy the HI is working out well. Just need to make them a bit faster.

DrPiff - I was getting vapor in about 3 minutes with 14 volts applied from my 0-15v ps. Definitely too much voltage for tasty vaporizing. No real need to go much above 12 volts.

Edit - Was reading in another thread about log style vapes not having the same air flow as whip style vapes and so I decided to do some measuring. The smallest restriction on most whip style glass pieces is 1/4". I'm not certain about the 7th floor glass. The silicone tubing is 5/16" ID.
My all glass turbo tubes are over 3/8" ID. The restriction in air flow is in the HI center tube. There are six 1/8" diameter holes into a tube with a 5/16" ID tube containing a ceramic heating element. The effective area is probably close to 1/4". This means the HI with an all glass turbo tube has about the same air flow / restriction as a whip style vaporizer. The all glass turbo tube does have more of a potential for plugging since the screen area is less than a standard whip vaporizer. Nothing a little stirring can't solve.

Tom

Why can't all companies have customer service like you provide Alan! Kudos!

Tom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Holly crap, I noticed this post a moment ago when the pic didn't work and assumed you'd snapped one of your glass stems or perhaps even your bubbler, but not the HI!

I feel for you man, how did this happen?

OhTheAgony,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
This is indeed a sad day. I'm so sorry to see your HI in pieces bOObs. Send me an email and we can talk about possible fixes.

Alan,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i just dropped it accidentally and broke that piece off the HI still works and all. but still painful to see my baby like this. i'm glueing it back now, it think it will still be ok.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
boobs,,,,you vape tooo much. Probably took an elevator hit and blacked out?? You know,,,,my favorite girlfriend was one with a big scar on the left side of her face. I loved that gurl! :luv:

yeah i think i did vape too much last night. i prolly looked like one of the 3 stooges last night. i pack an all hash bowl, dropped my HI then bent down to pick it up spilling my bowl with it too. hahahhaha it was a complete FAIL last night.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I have moments like that too over here :rolleyes:

Luckily so far I've only spilled weed and drowned a few cell phones in a glass of ice-tea, I'm SO amazed I never even broke a downstem yet *knocks on wood*

But I always thought the HI bottom looked a bit fragile and unfinished to be honest. I understand and highly appreciate the reason why it looks this way (easy maintenance and repair, correct me if I left anything out please), but there is something to be said for a sturdy and pretty leather bottom as well. I wonder if a screw-in wooden bottom, covered with a layer of leather could become an option some day?

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom