The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
That does make a wonderful stem holder bOObs. I love how the HI has a connection with so many other vaporizers. I bet that you could use the wood stem I made for your LB and stick the stainless slide tip assembly on the end for another tube combination.

Thanks placetime.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I have been meaning to take some before and after photos. Fun to see a sometimes ugly hung of wood transform into a wooden jewel. The wood that Ed sent me just happens to be gorgeous already. It should really be stunning. Feels like there is a Ferrari in my garage, but I have to wait to drive it. I must have patience. Its day will come.

Oh am anxiously awaiting one of those emails from ya Alan, I cant wait to see what you turn from those pieces! The Bamboo HI I saw back is the shit, really great idea man! You are always thinking and making awesome innovations for what you already do.

I will be eagerly waiting that email!!! Thank you so much for my enthusiasm!

Ed's TnT,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
boobs! that little bubbler looks perfect for what I have been shopping for! Where and how much?

stickstones,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
boobs! that little bubbler looks perfect for what I have been shopping for! Where and how much?

its my sheldon black six shooter. i bought it like 2 years ago at my local head shop for $250. i really love this piece, really packs well which i love.

if you need more pics just let me know :)

ilovebOObs,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks boobs...I just went to my local guy and bought a cheap piece of glass that will at least allow me to start comparing vapes. I'm gonna be able to run the Cloud, HI, Solo and MFLB through it...should be fun testing and I hope I will get to start it tonight!

Boobs - what are you using to stir your bowl? I usually just use the sharp end of a bamboo skewer, but it doesn't do a great job pulling the unspent herb up to the top. I might be fogging up a Mobius Nano in the near future w/ my HI so I wanna be prepared :brow:

OKcomputer,

ilovebOObs

Boobs - what are you using to stir your bowl? I usually just use the sharp end of a bamboo skewer, but it doesn't do a great job pulling the unspent herb up to the top. I might be fogging up a Mobius Nano in the near future w/ my HI so I wanna be prepared :brow:

just some paper clips i bent with some pliers. nothing really special. one end for stirring and the other end for scooping and packing. plus everything fits into my stash box :D
p4023966.jpg

p4023970.jpg

:lol: I think bOObs has become your official HI spokes person Alan.

"I can't stop feeling HI.... I'll never come down.... :whoa: "

glad someone got it ,hehehehhe:clap:

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Holy shit, bOObs! You're effing killing me with your vids. :bang: But it hurts so good. And in all seriousness, your vids are educational and I'll have a head start when I finally get an email from Your HI-ness. The HI will be a perfect addition to my current line-up. I can't wait to get my HI and sport some wood!

Nytron

I like this thing, it is the complete opposite of a lot of vapes. Super simple, not much that can go wrong. The temperature mechanism on my Extreme vape recently failed and I encounter a continuous beep noise, turns out it is unrepairable because it requires recalibration using an extremely expensive german-made tool. So much for lifetime warranty on heater.

So, for me it is between this Heat Island vape ($140+?? for variable psu), an Arizer Solo($169), or buying a new Extreme Q ($169). Can anyone comment on the efficiency of this HI vape? For example, will the HI vape stretch your weed more than a Solo?

Nytron,

scottio19

scotty
both the Solo and HI are more efficient than the Extreme Q due to shorter airpaths (= less thc lost to condensation)

some would say the logs like the HI are more efficient than the Solo due to small bowl size, but that's a whole different debate, and IMO not as important as reducing the airpath, although it does make a difference in how much buds you end up using

scottio19,

ilovebOObs

I like this thing, it is the complete opposite of a lot of vapes. Super simple, not much that can go wrong. The temperature mechanism on my Extreme vape recently failed and I encounter a continuous beep noise, turns out it is unrepairable because it requires recalibration using an extremely expensive german-made tool. So much for lifetime warranty on heater.

So, for me it is between this Heat Island vape ($140+?? for variable psu), an Arizer Solo($169), or buying a new Extreme Q ($169). Can anyone comment on the efficiency of this HI vape? For example, will the HI vape stretch your weed more than a Solo?

i would like to answer this but i'm super HI at the moment :ko:

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

Cmon, never go full retard mode! :ko:

Lol, I saw your little altoid care package. It looks like the weed is merely bedding for all the concentrates you have :lol:

Holy fuck balls! I'm still recovering from the best bowl of my life. I mixed all 3 bubble with some oil too, it was insane.

I'm really bad at being efficient, I don't weight my bowls, I just hit till I'm good, by then I just don't remember how many bowls I vaped. But I think the HI is the best. God I hope some of the shit I'm sayin is making sense :)

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Got my package in today :D pics, vids and opinions to come over the next few days.

First impressions - Great build quality with amazing attention to detail and really lovely wood. Smaller than I imagined even though I'd done the measurements - I guess I wasn't prepared for it to be sooo much smaller than my MZ. Lots of stems to play with and work out.

Very Happy and can't wait to get testing!

u bwade wunner

Congratz JRR cant wait to hear your e thoughts on the Hi and especially the Toasty top with the Hi element.have fun and just remember to keep it together :) or not :D .Can t wait to see pics. Ive asked Alan to put me on the list awhile ago for a TT.Will be a nice surprise if and when i join the TT club.:bowdown:

Boobs never seen anything like that tin.Holy fck balls youre definitely using the right mixture in the carbs there.im sure youre Hi is having a Holy Fnnn ball with it.:nod:.

oh yes if you re looking for a nipple shield boobs have a look at this:

Just slip 1/2 inch of silicone hose into one of Alans supplied green caps and it makes a perfect nipple shield.but dont tell Janet Jackson

Nipple shield especially for boobs!

20120404225852.jpg

with the cap on sorry for the quality its 10pm
20120404231418.jpg

Hi Nytron and welcome

I own the EQ the solo and The Hi. I m not gonna compare vapes.Just to say to you that the Hi can be very efficient :lol: .bowl size you can go from Stainless steel bowl (very small)then nipple bowl,( little bigger)then turbo tube(larger).Put it this way ,simply you wont have to wait around for the hi to work.when it reaches heat its dragon breath.how much you hit,how long you hit decides on how long your e bowl lasts.if you want you can fry youre bowl in two hits.or you can take smaller hits and it will last a lot longer.The trick here is stopping when you re done.its so easy to keep going.:rockon: the power and heat is there and along with no restriction on the airpath.I ve never combusted yet.I direct draw only. Its quite remarkable the power of this thing.And its difficult I find to leave it alone.

I use my solo less.when im out on the beach.I like the open airpath of the Hi and its so simple,nothing much will go wrong with the Hi long term.Id get both.The solo for out and about and the hi because of its simplicity and beauty it will never let u down.Remember you can use the Hi with a cig car adapter if you camp etc.It works really well

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Nytron...welcome to the forum! I have all three of these and here is what I think...

You know about the E. If you want all the flexibility it offers, then stick with it as these other vapes aren't built for that. I recently loaned out my E and gave a tutoring session on it and it reminded me of what a great vape it is since I hadn't used it in well over a year or two. But for me, the E would be third on that list since I never use the bags.

HI vs Solo brings a lot of things into play. Obviously, if portability is needed than the debate is over. The Solo doesn't even work when attached to the wall (unless you get a special plug), so you know it works well when walking about.

Efficiency wise, with just a little bit of use of both of them on my part, I think they are about the same so I wouldn't make that a differentiating factor for consideration.

Aesthetically, nothing beats the HI...my unit is the best looking vape I have seen (maple, right Alan? I forget what type of wood it is, only that it is beautiful).

For ease of use I would favor the Solo. You just push buttons and go for it. The HI is more sensitive to things like draw speed and depth of placement of the bowl in relationship to the heat port. This is a double-edge sword that somewhat defines the vaporist. Do you like it simple and constrained or complex but flexible? The HI is a little more complex to use, but then you get to tweak variables that allow for greater temperature range, etc.

So, to sum up, these vapes are different enough that I think you should think it through like you are doing. If you want something that is beautiful and has some flexibility in temps and the like, get the HI. If you want something brainless and portable, get the Solo. Another consideration is availability. The Solo you could have in your hands in a few day. I'm not sure how backed up Alan is, but there is a wait. Finally, if you collect vapes, get them both! Get the Solo now and get on Alan's list now for a later delivery. I think you will love either one, as both of them are among my three favorite vapes.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks for the summary stickstones. Very good perspective. Your HI is made from maple that has a very wavy grain. It came from the part of the tree where the trunk meets the roots and it buckled the wood as the tree grew bigger. I have never tried EQ or SOLO. I can imagine the SOLO being similar to Iolite since the heating and air flow are similar. The SOLO probably has better air flow. I know my stem modification to my Iolite sure made a huge performance improvement. It also improved the performance of my LB.

Great photos u bwade wunner. It is tough to put the HI down sometimes. I know that only too well. Nice to see you making your own glass nipples. They make direct draw so nice. I'm not sure it is possible to combust with one. You would really have to try hard. The silicone in the cap is a great tip. I have been doing that with my stainless tip tubes. The coupling part fits tightly into the cap and captures the roasting material in the cap. It can be used for pre-loading or re-roasting. Each roasting tube comes with a poly storage tube. The all glass and 2-piece turbo tubes are too large in diameter to fit in the storage tubes though.

J.R.R.Tokin' - Glad to hear the package arrived safely. Looking forward to see how they perform for you. The HI size really is hard to imagine. The closest thing in size that everyone has in their house or apartment is the cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper. The HI actually fits inside of the cardboard tube as is a bit shorter.

Love having bOObs as my official spokes person. Wish I had a stash box like that. Nice to see the HI works so well with concentrates.

Send me an email and we can talk Nytron.

Alan,
Top Bottom