The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
sorry guys the wait will be longer then expected. Alan is out of wood, he is planting new trees as we speak so please be patient, really patient :whoa:

That is why I'm using bamboo now. Luckily, the wood only has to be about 1.5" in diameter so it shouldn't take to many years. ;)

I do still have some wood. Haven't cut up the wood that Ed sent me yet. There are some very beautiful units yet to come.

scottio19

scotty
I like the bamboo unit! I thought the HI was as minimal as possible but I guess I was wrong.

I like how the HI has bridged the gap between heavy hitting vapor wands and efficient log vapes. Haha I can see this vape dominating the portable market as well if it ever goes in that direction. It already beats the Solo in hit size- and it is smaller and more durable and more affordable.

Is anyone else besides me over vapes with extra unnecessary shit? Like the SSV or DBV before 7th floor got rid of their bulky bases and just put an aluminum tube around it in the LSV. Or the Solo with its plastic shell and internal electronics and whatnot instead of a simple resistor surrounded by steel and wood

scottio19,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i have a solo and lsv, i've tried out the ssv before too. i honestly think you can't compare any of these to each other since they are so different. each one has a niche that they fill.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I do still have some wood. Haven't cut up the wood that Ed sent me yet. There are some very beautiful units yet to come.

Alan - cant wait to see pics of what you do with Ed's pieces. Cheers, Your HI-ness!

Vapinghole,

u bwade wunner

loving the Hi thread.
Does anyone know where i can get a 220/240v variable compact power set up 3 - 13.8v I can use for logs like the Hi/CRZ? it would be cool if it is small and compact and pretty bulletproof (on all day).digital readout is a bonus....

Alan my VV just died.I have voltage into the power supply blue light etc, but no outgoing voltage including when I move the dial around.thanks to my magic flight PA power supply which gets my hi hot as lava:evil:

u bwade wunner,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Sorry to hear about your VV power supply u bwade wunner. That was one from the original batch. I haven't received any word of issues with the new batch yet. Glad that the MF PA is working well for you. It is nice to be able to plug in any compatible power supply and make it work.

The bamboo HI is still hanging in there. Hopefully, it won't crack on me. I have HI hopes.

I don't think I have posted photos of the HI core like I did with the original TT core. Here is a photo of the HI Core and heating element. It is easier to explain with a picture than with words.
hicore.jpg

About as simple as physically possible. The center tube (3/8") is mechanically fastened to the bottom washer and has six 1/8" holes. Getting the holes drilled equally spaced is a real challenge. The washer is the only path for heat to conduct to the outer sleeve. The contact area is also very small which limits the heat flow. The stainless sleeve is the same size as the washer and holds the washer/center tube in place. If the wood body tightens on the sleeve too much it can crack the wood. The harder the wood, the more likely to crack. If the wood swells from humidity and room temperature, the sleeve can become loose. I can provide a tool to reset the sleeve if this happens. Heating the unit will shrink the wood so that it is tight again.
Since it is so simple, the parts can be re-used into a new wood body should the old one crack or break. The heating element can easily be replaced should that be necessary since it threads into place. It is a completely renewable vaporizer.

EyeFonez

Herb Roaster
I don't think I have posted photos of the HI core like I did with the original TT core. Here is a photo of the HI Core and heating element. It is easier to explain with a picture than with words.
hicore.jpg
Thanks for posting that Alan, it's cool to get see the hidden parts of the HI and how it works. Although I'm sure once my time has come and I receive my oh so majestic HI I'll get to know it inside and out. :D

EyeFonez,

sunsett70

do most of you hit the HI upside down, or horizontally? one of the issues i had with the dbv was that sometimes the herb will fall of the screen or wouldn't cover it so hot air just passes thru.

sunsett70,

ilovebOObs

do most of you hit the HI upside down, or horizontally? one of the issues i had with the dbv was that sometimes the herb will fall of the screen or wouldn't cover it so hot air just passes thru.

upside down when using with water pipes and side ways when doing direct hits, that is how i use mine.

:rofl: This thread sure was boring before you came along bOObs....

thanks mom :D

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: sunsett70
I've only used mine direct draw so far, and I find that the position doesn't really matter that much so long as you use a small wooden dowel (or your pinky finger, or an e-cig, whatever) to tamp down the material slightly. This prevents the herb from falling out of the bowl regardless of the position. I was afraid that herb would fall out of the all-glass turbo tube since glass isn't as "sticky" as silicone, but the tamping works consistently.

OKcomputer,
Reactions: sunsett70

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
PM sent... add me to the list of those waiting for a HI.

Can these units be left on 24/7 or is that a hazard gives its high temperatures? Also are there options for stem configuration at the point of sale? There has been a lot of variety and I honestly don't think I could quite tell the difference.

ilovebOObs

Can these units be left on 24/7 or is that a hazard gives its high temperatures? Also are there options for stem configuration at the point of sale? There has been a lot of variety and I honestly don't think I could quite tell the difference.

yea it can be left on 24/7. for stems just tell Alan what you want. i recommend having an assortment of stems.

ilovebOObs,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer

I have you down on the list now.
The units can be safely left on 24/7. I do have a variety of tubes available depending upon your needs or preferences. May even have some new ones available by the time I get to you on the list.

So bOObs, you didn't want me showing off my naked element?

Just wanted to show my HI technology Vapinghole. It is important to understand how it fits together.

Alan,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
iloveb00bs, would you be able to explain the differences among the most common stem variations. I am sure my number is far from being around the corner, but it would be nice to know.

ioright,

ilovebOObs

So bOObs, you didn't want me showing off my naked element?

Just wanted to show my HI technology Vapinghole. It is important to understand how it fits together.

hahah i was just joking, i really enjoy seeing the insides and learning more about the HI. :)

iloveb00bs, would you be able to explain the differences among the most common stem variations. I am sure my number is far from being around the corner, but it would be nice to know.

the stem stuff and be confusing. i know i was when i ordered especially being my first log vape and all.
these are my 2 favorite stems. the regular glass turbo tube and the all glass one. these 2 combine with a ss or glass tip will gave you so many options it will blow your mind :). i know people are gonna ask which is my favorite. i can't really answer that cause that seems to change on a daily basis. :mental:
tube2d.jpg

tube1.jpg

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
Thank you!!!

Very helpful having those pictures. I feel like I am going to spend hour after hour trying out all of the different combinations :science: On second thought, I shouldn't have asked for the pictures, I want a HI even more now...

Top Bottom