The HI

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
bOObs is just messing with you. ;) But there is a waiting list. Your best bet would be to contact Alan by email and take it from there.

momofthegoons,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I have you on the list VapeVoice. Patience is all it will cost you.

Decided to make myself a HI since I have been making them for everyone else. It is something I have wanted to try for a while now. Very tricky, but it worked.

Introducing the Bamboo HI.

It is the same height as a normal HI, but less than 1" in diameter.
The top and bottom don't get hot and are very easy to grab at any time. I almost always grab the HI by the bottom anyway. The middle section does get hot but I am able to pass it back and forth between my hands until I have taken enough heat out of the bamboo that I can easily handle it. My hands are able to remove the heat as fast as it is produced. The bamboo is so thin that it does not store much heat energy.
It operates pretty much like any other HI. Just smaller.
Time to make some more HI cores.

bamboopolehi.jpg

HoneyAir

VapeVoice,

Those of us into the HI consider this among the greatest choices you could make, so you'll have to forgive that concept of your being deemed worthy of such a great product :)

Log vapes are very efficient, so if the cost of herb is a consideration this is very important. The power plug is located in a position that minimizes problems with strain.

The 45 minute heat up time of log vapes has pretty much eliminated it as a portable option, so the five minute heat up time and its much smaller size makes this the first vape I could make as my 'all around' vape if I can get a good battery pack going to work with this. This would be a revolution/evolution for me.

I bought the PD before there was much of a waiting list, but I got here too late to avoid that. Still, I would've waited a year for my PD and I have exactly the same feelings for this product.

Welcome to this thread VapeVoice!

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
About time you treated yourself Alan! Love the bamboo HI it is a real winner. Loving my HI's more and more the longer i experiment with them!

psyshaman,

placetime

Decided to make myself a HI since I have been making them for everyone else. It is something I have wanted to try for a while now. Very tricky, but it worked.

It is the same height as a normal HI, but less than 1" in diameter.
The top and bottom don't get hot and are very easy to grab at any time. I almost always grab the HI by the bottom anyway. The middle section does get hot but I am able to pass it back and forth between my hands until I have taken enough heat out of the bamboo that I can easily handle it. My hands are able to remove the heat as fast as it is produced. The bamboo is so thin that it does not store much heat energy.
It operates pretty much like any other HI. Just smaller.
Time to make some more HI cores.

Another awesome log-tweak! Nice! :clap: Do you think it's going to crack because it's so thin?

placetime,

GratefulVapor

Phish Head

I like the Bamboo HI, Alan! Unique & interesting. Glad you found some time to make a new unit for yourself. It seems the HI is continually growing in popularity, which doesn't surprise. I'm eager to own one myself, as you know. Glad that I tried to contact you when I did(didn't take long between first time reading about the HI & deciding I simply had to have one, then finding your contact info., etc.). Alan's business ethic, along with the HI, is top notch. Granted, he informed me that he was working 'round the clock on these HIs(& all of their fantastic accessories/turbo tubes) & would let me know when a working unit was ready for myself to purchase. Only problem is that I have a bad anxiety disorder, & unpleasant experiences in the past with orders of assorted types(interspersed bad-luck)...so naturally I'll worry somewhat until the HI is in my possession. I've had no contact w/ Alan since that initial e-mail & don't have the time to check the FC forums as often as I used to...which doesn't help.
Does anyone have an approximate time frame they could share with me? Even if they got their unit before its popularity spread like wild-fire, any input is appreciated. Or if Alan himself could answer(I understand it is impossible to be accurate, but general ball-park is all I want to know), that would be even better. Plus maybe he could calm my nerves with a simple "Don't worry Trent. Your order hasn't been lost or misplaced, & I'll contact you once I have a working unit for you." .. or something along those lines, lol. If Alan has the spare time that would be awesome, but I'm aware my request is not 'necessary' & comes off as impatient. :ugh:
I'm sure many others would be interested (if indeed I'm informed) in a general - rough - estimate, when it comes to how long one should expect the turn-around to be from placing an order to receiving order :2c:. I see the HI reaching new HIghts in the coming months/yrs! Hopefully I'll have my own semi-soon & will start spreading the good word, 'saying HI' to others as often as possible. :wave: :peace:

GratefulVapor,
Reactions: EyeFonez

PB88123

Vaporist
Does anyone have an approximate time frame they could share with me? Even if they got their unit before its popularity spread like wild-fire, any input is appreciated. Or if Alan himself could answer(I understand it is impossible to be accurate, but general ball-park is all I want to know), that would be even better. Plus maybe he could calm my nerves with a simple "Don't worry Trent. Your order hasn't been lost or misplaced, & I'll contact you once I have a working unit for you." .. or something along those lines, lol. If Alan has the spare time that would be awesome, but I'm aware my request is not 'necessary' & comes off as impatient. :ugh:
I'm sure many others would be interested (if indeed I'm informed) in a general - rough - estimate, when it comes to how long one should expect the turn-around to be from placing an order to receiving order :2c:. I see the HI reaching new HIghts in the coming months/yrs! Hopefully I'll have my own semi-soon & will start spreading the good word, 'saying HI' to others as often as possible. :wave: :peace:

I got on the waiting list back on page 13 which is around 50 days ago. I'm pretty sure Alan hasn't forgotten about anyone and is working on making 50-100 pieces of everything so he can send out 50-100 HI's for us. Our time will come.

In the meantime continue vaping with what you got.

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
What's that you say, boobs??? "plain"??? You dare refer to the "Great Vape" HI list as,,,, "plain"??? Blasphemy!!!

i only meant the waiting list is normal, but what do i know. i jumped on the gravy train long before there was a waiting list. :) to say the HI is plain is truly blasphemy!!!

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
i only meant the waiting list is normal, but what do i know. i jumped on the gravy train long before there was a waiting list. :) to say the HI is plain is truly blasphemy!!!
I know boobs. Your videos have been awesome in the promotion of Great Vapes HI.

Jeppy,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks everyone. Have been enjoying my new bamboo unit. It is now a permanent fixture in my shop.
I do get to try every one I make, but get to keep this one.

Another awesome log-tweak! Nice! :clap: Do you think it's going to crack because it's so thin?

My first attempt did end with a crack, but it taught me something very important. There is a very fine line between cracking and being too loose. Finding that line is the trick. It is easier with some woods more than others. So far so good with the bamboo.

HoneyAir - Glad you are feeling as excited about the HI as I am feeling about it. Very fun to make something that works so well. Hope you aren't going to have to wait a year.

Nice to hear you are enjoying your HI's Psyshaman. Hope you getting some TT time too.

GratefulVapor - I feel that I am at the beginning of a long journey. I must travel a very long distance. There are lots of unknowns ahead. It will be slow going in the beginning but pick up speed later as I figure faster ways of making things. I will have a better idea of the wait time when I finally get into some sort of routine. Although, the custom nature of the units may not make that easy. I will do the best I can.

PB88123 - I have been making lots and lots of little piece parts. Definitely easier to do them in batches.

Charliedontsurf - There is less time required over the wood turning operations. I will have to see how repeatable they are. Finding just the right size bamboo may be a challenge where I live. There are plenty of corn stalks and corn cobs where i live. Not sure they would work as well as the bamboo.

Love the Alo-HI vorrange. That would also work for Koa wood.

Good to have you in the group of HI owners ilovebOObs. You find great ways to use the HI and post some awesome videos.

Alan,
Reactions: vorrange

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
I completely understand Alan, I guess I was just un-aware of the high demand when I placed my order with you. Thanks for all your hard work! I still was wishing for a confirmation that I am on this precious "list", after a bad experience. Is it going to handled on a order to order basis, or are you literally making 50-100 units before shipping(as someone mentioned)? Just curious. I can be very patient; I just can't when I am not sure it will work out; for me personally. example: looking forward to a future concert, and I can be patient as ever if I have my ticket & everything. If I don't..I am a wreck. lol :o

GratefulVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
GratefulVapor, Alan is a meticulous person. If he says you are on the list, you are on the list. If he says he cannot tell you an exact time, he cannot tell you an exact time. He would if he could. Earlier in this thread (perhaps you haven't read the entire thread?), he explained that he has a lot on his plate right now. This includes moving to another state. And don't kid yourself into thinking that this is the only way Alan makes a living. There are other priorities that can take his time.

My advice would be to load a bowl/trench in one of your current vapes and chill. It's gonna be a while. And you will be the first one to know when your order is up.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
^^^ Plus one, mom. The longer it takes, the sweeter it will be. And just think--those of us on the list will benefit from the experience Alan gains along the way. I've enjoyed reading his posts and he's very open about what he's learned.

Sorry for rambling. I'm vaped off my ass.

And bOObsy, I love your nipple!

Top Bottom