The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Love the tube holder ilovebOObs. It holds plenty of tubes. I have also been using plastic pizza box supports turned upside down and fastened to something heavy so they won't fall over. I can see why you are enjoying the all glass turbo tubes. That is quite a collection of glass. I need to send you a glass tip for your silicone turbo tube so it will be an all glass roasting tube.

Alan,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
The all glass roasting tube is what I'm VERY keen on, Alan. I love what I've read about how the HI behaves, and how you are so responsive to inquiries.

Vapinghole,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
TV said:
Love the tube holder ilovebOObs. It holds plenty of tubes. I have also been using plastic pizza box supports turned upside down and fastened to something heavy so they won't fall over. I can see why you are enjoying the all glass turbo tubes. That is quite a collection of glass. I need to send you a glass tip for your silicone turbo tube so it will be an all glass roasting tube.

:science: for the sake for science I guess I will try out this new all glass roasting tube. Hahah actually I think this is the perfect answer for me. Be contacting u soon, thanks Alan.

ilovebOObs,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, so I have been emailing Alan for the last few weeks back and forth when we both find the time, which is something I feel he has a little more of then myself. I have managed to get myself on the HI wait list, I spoke to Alan bout sending out a choice piece from my private stock, only problem is which piece. I have had em out for the last couple of days walking back and forth by em trying to make up my mind but am really having no luck.

2012-03-02_12-33-29_268.jpg

These are some of the rarest pieces and the most figured I have ever had my hands on. From left to right you are looking at Sindora Burl, Two tone Afzelia Burl, Super Curly Crape Myrtle, Sindora Burl, Super Curly Koa, Afzelia Xylay figured Burl, spalted Afzelia Burl & Black Walnut Burl. What do I do! I cant wait to put a piece of this in your hands Alan to create a beauty for me, you are the MAN!

Vapinghole

Gorgeous, Ed!! Just gorgeous. I vote for the dark piece to the right of the longest piece--super curly Koa? That looks like it would make an amazing HI. Heck, I'd love a stem from that piece for my MFLB :brow:

Vapinghole,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Lovely wood!!! My vote goes for the top section of the Two-tone Afzelia Burl (second from left). That deep orange looks amazingly figured and rich. But to be honest, any of them would make an amazing piece :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Its so hard to choose y'all! I am really thinking of going with the spalted afzelia, that piece is so super rare, has eyes all the way through with the green and blue tones, think it will make the best HI. Alan says the denser the wood the hotter it feels in the hands, this particular piece of afzelia is not so dense so thinking it may preform better than the others. I have quite a bit of super curly koa, can make just about anything from it. Oh but that walnut burl on the far right is coming in as a close second, full of eyes!

Have been hanging onto those couple pieces of Sindora burl for an awful long time, have only seen em once!

Ed's TnT,

ilovebOObs

Wow ed, all of those looks so friggin awesome. I say use them all!!!! Nothing like a different HI for each day of the week. Hahah

i tried to decide on which wood for you, but i can't they are all so nice. my brain hurts and wants to explode.

ilovebOObs,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I like the fourth. Sindora burl. Though they are all beautiful pieces.

Jeppy,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks Ed. Quite a selection of fine wood you have there. That is a tough decision. A lighter wood will tend to have a lower thermal conductivity and should make it cooler to the touch. The wood must be at least hard enough to hold threads for the power socket / heating element. That is the only limitation I have found so far.

Have been enjoying my new glass tip turbo tube. The roasting is so nice. I came to the realization that it will work for any log vaporizer since just the very tip of the glass makes contact with the tube end. The size doesn't matter too much since the glass is curved and will fit to the size of the hole. It works really well with my toasty top. Especially with the new high flow core. I have been roasting with the TT and then finishing with the HI.

Alan,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It works really well with my toasty top. Especially with the new high flow core. I have been roasting with the TT and then finishing with the HI.

This sounds like a winning combo to me!

Ed, I'd have to agree with Jeppy. That Sindora burl (4th from left) is outstanding. It would make a beautiful HI. ;)

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I have been debating between the sindora and salted afzelia, the afzelia is not quite as dense, may make a better piece but love the though of what a sindora HI would look like. Hm maybe I can work something out with alan to get two while he is turning, know there would be a chunk left from each stick, he could make one more of each for himself or some lucky customer. I walked by those sticks several time this evening debating which would be the best, I like the idea of seven, one for each day!

Ed's TnT,

Vapinghole

Ed's TnT said:
Hm maybe I can work something out with alan to get two while he is turning, know there would be a chunk left from each stick, he could make one more of each for himself or some lucky customer.

Oh my! That would be lovely, Ed! And I just happen to be on Alan's list :brow:

Vapinghole,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am putting the chicken in the pot tomorrow, sent the salted afzelia and 4th from the left sindora burl. IMO these would have to be a couple of the rarest sticks of burl I have ever laid eyes on, can't wait to see what you turn Alan, I mean anxious! Really feeling you mom on the #'s, I do so have a love for fine wood work, I can't get enough. Just recently bought a couple of big philapeno wooden masks, 26"in Lx14" W, have horns and big evil teeth, carved from a single log, badass!

Wood is the shit!

Ed's TnT,

Vapinghole

Ed's TnT said:
I am putting the chicken in the pot tomorrow, sent the salted afzelia and 4th from the left sindora burl. IMO these would have to be a couple of the rarest sticks of burl I have ever laid eyes on, can't wait to see what you turn Alan, I mean anxious! Really feeling you mom on the #'s, I do so have a love for fine wood work, I can't get enough. Just recently bought a couple of big philapeno wooden masks, 26"in Lx14" W, have horns and big evil teeth, carved from a single log, badass!

Wood is the shit!

Yes, Ed. I agree--wood is the shit (as you know from seeing my custom bass guitar). Wonderful choice to send Alan, by the way. Stunning. You're going to have a gorgeous HI. I'm envious! :peace:

Vapinghole,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Vapinghole said:
Ed's TnT said:

Wood is the shit!

Yes, Ed. I agree--wood is the shit (as you know from seeing my custom bass guitar). Wonderful choice to send Alan, by the way. Stunning. You're going to have a gorgeous HI. I'm envious! :peace:

Yee you do have a thing for wood just the same, really like your intstruments, you have great taste.

Ed's TnT,

ilovebOObs

i'm not really a wood guy, but after having a HI, i'm starting to appreciate wood much more. yes alan has infected me with the wood bug too. :D

ilovebOObs,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
It is a true blessing from Mother nature! Its a trip how these wood species grow burls that look like marble, I was showing some one a dugout of mine and they couldn't believe it was wood, big bright eyes, I think they were tripping, saw owls tigers and all kinds of things in the wood. Thank you MN!

Those are some awesome pieces of wood indeed, Ed. Maybe you and Alan could collaborate on some stems.

After experimenting a bit more with my power supplies, it's starting to seem like the VV at max voltage is providing a hotter temp than the non-VV. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I really need to just pick up a voltage meter to test myself...

OKcomputer,

ilovebOObs

i've posted a lot of voltage info a few pages back. even measured all the voltage and yes the vv does run hotter since it can run almost .5 higher then non vv. i kinda like it arounf 11.5 -12v.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom