The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
ilovebOObs - Glad to hear you are making good progress putting the HI through all the tests. You have found the importance of airflow to prevent combustion. How close is the glass turbo tube in diameter to the Solo tube? That's amazing you got it to work in the Solo. The ABV looks about the same in the photo.

vape4life - A certain voltage should guarantee no combustion. Starting low and working your way up is a good way to find that voltage. It will vary a some with the material being used and also the air flow. Toward the end of the roast, combustion is much less likely and a higher temperature can be used.

Thanks vapormonkey. Sent you an email.

Alan,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
TV said:
ilovebOObs - Glad to hear you are making good progress putting the HI through all the tests. You have found the importance of airflow to prevent combustion. How close is the glass turbo tube in diameter to the Solo tube? That's amazing you got it to work in the Solo. The ABV looks about the same in the photo.

your stem is like .5mm smaller in diameter so its wobbles around in the solo bowl. the solo stem is also a thinner glass, which is why i had to crank it up to 7 to get decent clouds using your stem. with stock solo stem prolly around 3-4 for same clouds . if you can use a thinner glass to make these i can see a lot of happy solo owners :cool:
p2073088.jpg

i also tried using the silicon sleeve with the glass tube for direct hits and it made a total difference for me. i really like it more now and its a total different experience then using the glass tube by itself.

i think i found the perfect setting on my vv adapter, i've been getting some good consistent cloud with evenly brown abv after 3-4 sessions further testing is neeeded :brow: hope this pic help new owners with the vv adapter with a starting point.
p2073097.jpg

do you guys see a face in my HI too? or i'm i just really stoned outta my mind, lolz
p2063072.jpg

last but not least here is a video of the hi in action with the all glass tube and the vv dialed in !!!!

Getting HIgh on my HI - Vape Bonging

steiner666

Serial vapist
steiner666,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks Boobs!

I sort of feel I've gotten the wrong vape, the possibility to combust sounds really good right now.

Besides a couple of vapes we also have the same keyboard btw, except I just threw mine out because the freaking space bar kept messing with me, lol

OhTheAgony,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
OTA, maybe your signature should be "if at first you don't succeed, try again with a higher voltage". Doesn't rhyme though...

hazy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
hazy said:
OTA, maybe your signature should be "if at first you don't succeed, try again with a higher voltage". Doesn't rhyme though...

The better weed thing is a tested theory Hazy, so not before I know it'll actually work. I think it should be something like 'if you don't get it to a dark brown powder, try again with higher power' or something...but I'm still working on that one... :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

tuscan tins

"if you need a jolt... up the volt" get on that variable power supply! :D

iloveboobs, do you ever crank the power up to maximum? I'm sort of torn between getting a variable or non variable power supply... It seems like having control over the power could be useful, but at the same time, I sort of think keeping it simple (non-variable) would also be a benefit... What do you think about the variable supply?

tuscan tins,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
The advantage of a variable power supply is that you get to find the setting that suits you then keep it there, rather than fiddling around with it all the time.

hazy,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I love the face in the wood ilovebOObs. Thanks for the video, photos, and update on the Solo. Each roasting tube has its advantages and disadvantages. I do like the feel of the 10mm thin glass tube the best on my lips, but it is also the most breakable of my tubes. Replacement 10mm tubes are available.
The silicone turbo tubes are nice because I can use them with my Toasty Top.
Speaking of the TT. I just re-designed the core for it. The air flow is now similar to the HI. It is so nice. Will have to talk about it in the Toasty Top thread.

The variable voltage power supply is definitely a nice way to go for slow roasting. Slow roasting is also possible with the non-variable power supply with the correct air mixing technique. It is all about the air flow.

Alan,

ilovebOObs

OhTheAgony said:
Thanks Boobs!

I sort of feel I've gotten the wrong vape, the possibility to combust sounds really good right now.

Besides a couple of vapes we also have the same keyboard btw, except I just threw mine out because the freaking space bar kept messing with me, lol

yea i starting to notice missing key stokes every now and then too. :(
i'm really glad i got the HI as my first logger, it just fits my needs perfectly.

staticsunn said:
"if you need a jolt... up the volt" get on that variable power supply! :D

iloveboobs, do you ever crank the power up to maximum? I'm sort of torn between getting a variable or non variable power supply... It seems like having control over the power could be useful, but at the same time, I sort of think keeping it simple (non-variable) would also be a benefit... What do you think about the variable supply?

i actually bought both power supplies just for testing. I totally agree with hazy, once the vv is adjusted you are always good to go. on max or non vv, its all about technique, which can be tricky depending on how good you feel :ko: .

kinda glad other people are seeing the face too, thought i was tripping balls. The face kinda reminds me of willie nelson, that combine with the size and shape. i will name mine the little willie vape, hahahaha :D

ilovebOObs,
That's an incredible video ILB. With all due respect to VXC, what's really the point of the Cloud when this tiny log can whitewall that bubbler like that, for 1/3rd of the price?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OKcomputer said:
That's an incredible video ILB. With all due respect to VXC, what's really the point of the Cloud when this tiny log can whitewall that bubbler like that, for 1/3rd of the price?

My guess is taste, having never tried an HI. No way a SS heat core is going to taste as good as all glass. Also, the Cloud is unmatched in airflow against any device I have ever used. It's not just about airflow, but the heat retention required to produce thick vapor at high air speeds.

Personally, I'm hoping the HI gives me something in between the PD and the Cloud for airflow and taste.

stickstones,
Excellent answer, stickstones. I'm glad you read my post as an actual question as opposed to a dig at the Cloud. From my understanding, the HI has significantly better airflow than the PD (the main reason why I'm looking to upgrade from my PD), but I certainly don't doubt that the Cloud is even better when that statement is coming from a person who has used one. I love the taste of my PD, never tasted anything remotely metallic, so as long as that flavor carries over the HI, I'll be very satisfied. For me, any extra taste/airflow wouldn't be worth the increased cost and size of the Cloud, not to mention the fact that I greatly prefer the aesthetics of basically any log vape to any "electronic-y" vape (Cloud, SSV, DBV etc.).

OKcomputer,

ilovebOObs

yeah vv is nailed !!! the past 7-8 stems were all even brown!!!!!
been loving the glass stem with silicon tubing for direct draw now. the silicon tubing really helps draw the heat towards the herb.

ilovebOObs,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OKcomputer said:
Excellent answer, stickstones. I'm glad you read my post as an actual question as opposed to a dig at the Cloud. From my understanding, the HI has significantly better airflow than the PD (the main reason why I'm looking to upgrade from my PD), but I certainly don't doubt that the Cloud is even better when that statement is coming from a person who has used one. I love the taste of my PD, never tasted anything remotely metallic, so as long as that flavor carries over the HI, I'll be very satisfied. For me, any extra taste/airflow wouldn't be worth the increased cost and size of the Cloud, not to mention the fact that I greatly prefer the aesthetics of basically any log vape to any "electronic-y" vape (Cloud, SSV, DBV etc.).

I have no complaints about the taste in my PD, and the HI won't taste any better to me since I am using a CD carb tube with my PD. But the Cloud just tastes better...like the flavor of the herb isn't dulled. Too each his own on the cost vs benefit of the price difference. The Cloud is probably more of a connoiseur type of vape and will be a tough sell to a miser like me. I still use my PD more just because it suits my style, but if I had my way I would use the Cloud exclusively...it made a glass believer out of me.

stickstones,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
ilovebOObs said:
yea i starting to notice missing key stokes every now and then too. :(
i'm really glad i got the HI as my first logger, it just fits my needs perfectly.

Totally off-topic, but there's a mod you can do to the spacebar if it misses to many key strokes (just for the spacebar itself). Mine missed out about 85% of the times you hit it, so I did the mod. But that has worn off too now after 6 months it seems. I still have warranty on mine but this is the 7th warranty replacement I received already over the last 18 months or so, I think I'm just giving up on it this time.

To bad though, I really miss the pretty and very handy lights in my often to dark room. Really shitty quality for a keyboard in this price range, I payed around 70 euro's for this piece of trash. I normally have good experience with this manufacturer though, not sure why they slipped up with this one.

That's all folks, sorry for the deviation.

OhTheAgony,

Vapemania

The Toasty Top website doesn't have the HI at the moment.

Also, with 25 different stems, will there be general info on what type of stems there are for the amount of herb you want to use?

Can we also get photos of what package you receive with each order, please?
I'm still not sure if you get a voltage thingy or if a stem is supplied.
I've read the whole thread BTW, and it's been really rewarding to find so much info on how a log vape works!

Vapemania,
Vapemeister said:

Alan has yet to add the HI to the TT website because he's been too busy coming up with new tube designs! For now, the only way to order is to contact Alan directly through email.

Vapemeister said:
Also, with 25 different stems, will there be general info on what type of stems there are for the amount of herb you want to use?

This has been answered in the thread too. The basic answer is that a comprehensive list is forthcoming. I think it's safe to say that the stem designs are still constantly evolving, which is why a definitive list isn't set in stone yet. Alan posted some good info comparing bowl sizes (and subsequent herb use) just two pages back in post #305.

Vapemeister said:

The picture here shows at least some of it - looks like wax beads and an aromatherapy cup. ILB or another HI owner will need to confirm what else comes with it. As per the first post of this thread, stems are not included, and must be purchased separately. Makes sense given the bevy of options, combinations, sizes, materials, etc.

I do know the following pricing details, based on emails with Alan:

Standard Hi is $140
Exotic Wood HI is $150
Both of these units come with the non-variable power supply. Add $15 if you wish to upgrade to the VV power supply.

For example, here's what I'm planning on ordering: Exotic HI ($150) + VV Supply ($15) + All-Glass Turbo Tube ($30) + SS Tip Insert ($8) = $203.

OKcomputer,

cluffy

Vaker
Thanks for that post OKcomputer. I've been planning my HI purchase but didn't have all the pricing. My order will be the same as yours. Gotta wait for the right one, but come on Tax Refund!!! :p

cluffy,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
I have no complaints about the taste in my PD, and the HI won't taste any better to me since I am using a CD carb tube with my PD.
Since the vapor path isn't sealed in the PD, and the wood chars over time, I'm not sure you won't get a taste improvement. Also, with Alan's stems you avoid the JB weld that CD used to fix the bowl to the stem. I know that some didn't like the taste imparted by that fixing compound.

max,

ilovebOObs

Vapemeister said:

I've read the whole thread BTW, and it's been really rewarding to find so much info on how a log vape works!

okcomputer is pretty much spot on! there are currently 2 versions of the Hi, the first version with no vv adapter for $140 and a taller version thats 3/8" taller with the vv adapter for $155. the package comes with aroma bowl, bag of wax pellets , some screens. no tubes are included.

okcomputers package looks good!!

Vitolo said:
I am loving reading about the HI.
I re did an old TT Video, and am leaving the link here... since that's where this all began! ;)
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=190668#p190668

man i really enjoy watching all your videos. :D

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom