The HI

Yes, that is badass.

Alan, you say the 3.5" version is ideal for direct draw because of the taper. Don't the 3.0" and 2.5" have the same taper on the mouth end?

Also, just so I understand correctly - with the SS insert removed, the glass slides over the heat port? So it's like having two stem designs in one, + removable SS bowl for easy cleaning?

OK, I'm sold.

OKcomputer,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
rayski said:
Does the 3-1/2" Turbo Tube fit a crz?

The end on the CRZ is too large to fit into the glass Turbo Tube bowl. The stainless steel tip will fit into the CRZ.
The all glass turbo tube ($30) is made from 14mm heavy wall glass tubing.

I also make a glass tube from 14mm regular wall tubing to which the stainless steel tip section fits. $18 for a plain end regular wall glass tube w/ stainless steel tip section. $23 for a 14mm gong end.

hazy said:
yikes Alan, your innovations continue to astonish!

Thanks hazy. Got to get that tube list put together.

OKcomputer - Thanks. The other tubes do have the same taper on the mouth end. The longer length of the 3-1/2" tube gives it a feel more like a regular stem. You do understand correctly. It is like having two stems in one.

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Alan are the ss slide inserts included with the glass tubes or have to be ordered separately? The tube combinations keep growing, I love it!! Can't wait to try them all.

ilovebOObs,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
ilovebOObs said:
Alan are the ss slide inserts included with the glass tubes or have to be ordered separately? The tube combinations keep growing, I love it!! Can't wait to try them all.

$8 for the ss tip section. A way to save a little over a separate tube. A little more flexibility.

Alan,

ilovebOObs

guess what showed up on my door step 20 mins ago.
p2063057.jpg

p2063056.jpg

everything looks awesome!! the HI is a little smaller then what i expected but i love the size, fits perfectly in my chubby hands, hahahah. the purple heart mlfb stem look friggin amazing on the mflb, i really love it. now on to testing :brow: .

max

Out to lunch
Is that Maple Burl? Whatever it is, I hate that it's in your house instead of mine. :drool:

max,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
That is a lovely piece ilovebOObs! And those glass stems look sweet. Not to mention the purple heart - is that an Alan made MFLB stem?

J.R.R.Tokin',

ilovebOObs

max said:
Is that Maple Burl? Whatever it is, I hate that it's in your house instead of mine. :drool:
yea its the maple burl and :p

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
That is a lovely piece ilovebOObs! And those glass stems look sweet. Not to mention the purple heart - is that an Alan made MFLB stem?

yeah Alan made me the purple heart stem. looks so nice that i almost don't want to use it, Almost!!! hahaha

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

yea it does look unreal in person, i really love it. its actually my first log vape, hopefully you guys can gave me a few tips to use it more efficient. tried a few bowl using the short glass turbo tube with my bubbler i love it so far, maybe post a video if i have the time.

ilovebOObs,

max

Out to lunch
OhTheAgony said:
You sure picked a pretty one there boobsguy, is that a hard or a softer wood?
Maple density varies some, but eveything I've seen used with log vapes has been hard maple, which is in the same density neighborhood with Ash, Cherry, Oak, and Walnut. Those woods were among the best when the specific gravity of the wood made a big difference in the temp the vape could provide. Nice thing about the HI is that wood density doesn't matter and the really hard wood types like Snakewood, Ebony, and Cocobolo can be used.

max,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Glad to see it arrived safely ilovebOObs. Hope testing is going well. I have the best luck by not over filling the turbo tubes. About half way full still gives good air flow and allows room for stirring if needed.

The wood has some quilting and some burl in it. The density is on the lighter side for maple wood. I only have to worry about if the wood will hold threads and if it is dry enough.

The purple heart stem is one from my toasty tubes. I just installed a piece of plain end 1/4" stainless steel tubing into the wood. It slides right into the hole in the LB. The hole through the wood tube is 15/64" diameter. Much better air flow through the box. Can also do it with 10mm or 13mm glass tubing.

Alan,

ilovebOObs

stickstones said:
boobsy...I gotta know how you like them stems! Get some feedback up here...

i'm a log vape noob so i have nothing real to compare it to, but i've been getting some very tasty cloudy hits with the short bowl and my bubbler. i'm kinda using it like my lsv packing a bowl then letting the HI hover above it a little.

gonna test out the longer one soon!

ilovebOObs,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Sounds like you are getting the hang of it very well ilovebOObs.

My HI is either sideways or inverted when I use it.

Curious how you like the glass/silicone turbo tubes.

Alan,
very nice HI you've got there ILB. Was that the maple burl unit from the pic Alan posted on the bottom of page 12? I'd also like to hear your thoughts on how the tubes compare. How do you like all glass vs. glass/silicone for direct draw?

I'm jumping on the HI train in the extremely-near future, so I want feedback!

OKcomputer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
ilovebOObs said:
stickstones said:
boobsy...I gotta know how you like them stems! Get some feedback up here...

i'm a log vape noob so i have nothing real to compare it to, but i've been getting some very tasty cloudy hits with the short bowl and my bubbler. i'm kinda using it like my lsv packing a bowl then letting the HI hover above it a little.

gonna test out the longer one soon!

Could you do a little comparison to the Solo for me in terms of ABV color once you feel you've got the hang of it? I'm experimenting with a twig sized ash UD bullet at the moment (my first log vape too!) but even though I'm getting huge clouds I can't get the ABV past a dark green/gold/light brown color to my frustrations. This compares to setting 2 to 3 on my M102 Solo in terms of ABV color.

Thanks for the wood-lesson Max, learning something new here every day ;)

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

Ok some initial impressions. first thing i noticed is the HI runs hot, really hot on full blast on the vv adapter. but after a few bowls i think i'm in the right zone for temps. I didn't order any roasting tip but i'm ordering the ss slides real soon to try it out. with the standard turbo tube and glass tubes air flow is crucial, i over packed once and combusted really fast. but after that i adjust the way i use my HI, i find that if i use it like my lsv i get some really tasty cloudy hits. don't expect to just stick the turbo tube in and draw away, with the HI you have to consistently adjust the air flow to prevent it from getting too hot. i've only done a handy full of direct draw bowls, but i actually like the standard silicon tip more since it feels better on my lips and the draw is a little more restricted which i kinda like, although the glass ones have better taste. its only been a day so things may change.

OTA, with the vv adapter and air flow control you can get the abv as dark or as light as you want. i've gotten both the lighter abv you were talking about and a very dark abv too.

ilovebOObs,

GO!!bot

yup that's why he said on full blast

Can't wait to try this, I love that it is hot enough to get to combustion (though Iwouldn't want to do this), such a first for a log vape!

hey ILOVEBOOBS, are the hits bigger than the solo? I have a solo and wonder if the hits are near this big

GO!!bot,

ilovebOObs

vape4life said:
Isn't the vv adapter supposed to make combustion impossible if at the right voltage?

prolly best for Alan or someone who owns one longer then a day, hahahaha
but from some observations, i think air flow is a key role in combusting too, if the air flow is blocked the heat can build super fast.

GO!!bot said:
yup that's why he said on full blast

Can't wait to try this, I love that it is hot enough to get to combustion (though Iwouldn't want to do this), such a first for a log vape!

hey ILOVEBOOBS, are the hits bigger than the solo? I have a solo and wonder if the hits are near this big

i'm still working on my nailing my technique and vv adjustments. but i've been getting some massive tasty rips on the HI. solo rips are huge too but a little lacking in the taste department imho, well at least on my unit anyways :cool:

once i think i get everything nailed i will post a video.

for OTA, actually use Alan's glass tube in my solo. had to crank it to 7 for clouds. just something i had to try. hahah just right before taking the pic i had to accidentally touch at and mixed it up a little. :ko:
p2073089.jpg

Top Bottom