The HI

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I look very forward to having a Hi saber to my specs - I have been training for this day...

JediFingerBarf01_zps49dc3dcf.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
stickstones - Glad you are still enjoying your HI. So many different ways to roast with it. You can stay small or go big. My glassware, Vapor Lung, and my lungs are staying so much cleaner now that I am using a cotton filter.

Was explaining some of my roasting tube options in an email the other day when another new tube configuration occurred to me. An all silicone Turbo Tube. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.
5/16" silicone tubing fits perfectly into my 3/8" silicone roasting sleeves. The 5/16" silicone is the mouthpiece tube and provides the stop for the 10mm screen. The ID is 5/16", so it has just slightly less air flow than a Turbo Tube with a glass mouthpiece tube.

The cost will be $3 which includes the poly storage tube.

The 5/16" stainless steel roasting tips will also fit into the same 5/16" mouthpiece tube. I love it when everything interchanges and you can configure it to your liking.

allsiliconeturbotube.jpg

u bwade wunner

As promised Alans latest work.

Jarrah Burl and York Burl.

jarrahburlyorkgumhicaps.jpg

and an earlier pictures of both units minus bottom caps complete with matching 3 1/2 inch stems which have multiple uses.the ends slide straight into a 18/14 adapter.I am set for Life.

redgumjarrahburlhitubes.jpg

I've ordere a few smaller insert bowls as well for conserving.

Beautiful work and Thanks Alan :tup:

A HI is not just for Xmas,A HI is for life!:)

u bwade wunner

Yes:o You are pretty sharp and on the money Sticks.

Its all in the detail with Alan.It is beautiful work for sure..But keep it secret,shhhhhh..otherwise he will get even busier and thats not a good thing:D

I took maybe a day of owning my first HI to rejoin the list.I felt silly doing it at the time.glad I did now.

I wont have them for a forthnight or so but I ll post some pics for sure when that wood finally arrives back home:tup:

I do not have a TT.
Get one Ed.its a wolf in sheeps clothing for sure:rockon:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks much everyone. Easy to make something pretty when you start with nice wood. The grain doesn't quite line up, but with all the burled grain, some looks very close. The tubes were a real challenge. The gum wood was still wet and warped after turning the tube. There was just enough wood left to true up. The fissures in the Jarrah Burl made it tough to find a piece suitable for a tube.
Sorry for taking time away from making HI's to post photos of a Vapor Lung assembly. Hope everyone can benefit from it. Vapor Lung Assembly

Top Bottom