• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Too lazy to search. How much are spare cores?
I have never sold any spare cores because they are the most rugged and durable part of the unit. The only cores I have sent out were for replacing the few units that had the two piece core. You should never need a new core for your HI. The core should be good for a few thousand years. Very easy to install in new wood should it be necessary.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hmmm... Somewhere in the thread someone suggested, I get a spare part of the HI, "just in case". Don't remember which part it was, though.

Mine is still working like a champ. Only issues I've had, are vvps related. Though I realized I haven't ever given feedback on the Sumac.

It has been dropped more times, than I care to remember. The wood dents, rather easily. However, it is still very durable, IMO. The existing crack that was in the unit, which us right on the top edge, hasn't grown at all. There are dings around the crack, as its fallen in, or near that point, several times. Still holding strong.

I think its a suitable wood, especially for someone not as prone to dropping vapes. Anyone that follows the MFLB thread, knows my jaded history. If it can hold up to my beating and still be cranking out the vapor, in one piece... then it can hang with pretty much anything.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Good to hear the Sumac is still keeping up :tup:

Did you ever post a pic of the crack BDV? I have no idea how big it is I must say.

I think the spare part you're thinking of was a heating element. I think Bwade ordered one of them at some point?

I just got another dink on my HI myself, a pretty big one right on the edge around the heater port. It fell from about two feet high and managed to land right on a climbers carbine. Not to happy about it, I think it's time to try that wet towel & clothing iron method. I'll shoot some before and after pictures when I get off my lazy ass and to it, might be a while though :zzz:

Could this be done with a soldering iron too perhaps Alan, or do you think that's too hot & unsafe? I have a light 15W Weller if that helps any. I should have a clothing iron too somewhere but I haven't seen it in a decade or so :lol:

OhTheAgony,

tuscan tins

BDV, which power supply do you have? I was having a ton of trouble with a bunch of power supplies, but I finally got one of those Hildebrandt tattoo supplies and it's been keeping my HI nice and toasty ever since :D

u bwade wunner

Yup Oth it was the heater and power plug assembly I may have mentioned.it makes sense to have one available already to go in times of disaster.pop it in and Youre vaping 5mins later:)

my mini vvps is still belting out heat.tried 11.2 for a few days but moved to a steady 12v for better medication.happy with it so far.oh and its on 10 hours a day every day

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
hello... was thinking about getting a log vape but did not want to spend $180+ for one since i was not sure if i would like it. the OP says this one is $140.00 with a PS which to me sounds like a good price since others make you buy the PS as well.

do you think this is a good log vape for a user who has NEVER used or touched a log vape before??

mmenzie,

tuscan tins

The learning curve is a bit steep, once you figure out how to not set your bowls on fire it's awesome. I would definitely recommend it ;)

tuscan tins,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
hello... was thinking about getting a log vape but did not want to spend $180+ for one since i was not sure if i would like it. the OP says this one is $140.00 with a PS which to me sounds like a good price since others make you buy the PS as well.

do you think this is a good log vape for a user who has NEVER used or touched a log vape before??

the first step in the learning curve is patience!

stickstones,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Can the HI be run, reverse polarity or do I have to rewire my damn cord, with this new Chinese vvps... which for whatever reason is wired +/- backwards.

BigDaddyVapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Do keep in mind it might take 6 months to a year before you can get a HI mmenzie, and you're not there yet at 140 bucks. You'll need some stems too & you might want to add in a vv psu as well. I think a 160 to a 190 US$ is more realistic price for a complete HI starters-package.

Polarity doesn't matter BDV, either way is fine.

Haha, nice to see I still have some sort of a working memory left at least Bwade. How much was that spare heating element? I want to get one too as soon as Alan is able to provide them again.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah, even though my background is electronics, I've dumped a lot of data thru the years and 2 strokes. I think I remembered seeing the schematic in the thread, which would have answered my question also... but, its just a resistor and a heating element, polarity shouldn't matter. Wanted to make sure though. TYVM, for the prompt answer.

BigDaddyVapor,

Hoops

with this new Chinese vvps... which for whatever reason is wired +/- backwards

. . . this drove me nuts for an entire Saturday. I kept rewiring it the same way over and over swearing I was on the right ground.

u bwade wunner

Bdv Nothing like a bit of good luck eh?.at least you will have 3 psus to play with soon.

Oth. Im still on my original power jack i just replaced the resistor when it cracked.It still worked when cracked but i changed it anywayz.contact Alan and see what he says.

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Happy holidays everyone.

Here is a short video of my latest batch of HI cores. Wanted to show how they ring like bells. I'm able to do some work in my shop without making a huge mess to clean up. I will probably wait until after the move to turn wood.

Also making up a batch of heating elements to go with those cores. Should always have some available for replacements should it become necessary.

OTA - Sorry to hear about getting some dings in the wood. I have a few new ones in mine too. A soldering iron should work fine as long as you place some wet paper/cloth over the dent. The steam should re-inflate the wood fibers that have been crushed to some degree. Don't let the paper/cloth get dry or you can burn the wood. Steam will not burn the wood. The process will dry out the wood where the steam touches the wood and it will look a bit different. Polish the wood with some fine steel wool and then apply some beeswax while it is hot. This should make the wood color match again.

BDV - Thanks for the updates on the VVPS. Still something I need to get figured out. The polarity doesn't matter since it just a simple resistor.

mmenzie - The $140 is for the model of the HI that requires a power plug with a right angle end. My latest design has a right angle adapter designed into the base so that both the right angle and straight plugs will work. It is $155 with the power supply or $135 alone. I make so many different roasting tube styles that I don't really have a standard tube to provide with it. Everyone has different preferences for the tube design.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
t-break?? that's a scarey thought right there, boobs. Oh, I see you've grown a 3rd eye. I hope you had a great one with the family, bro.

Top Bottom