• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thank you everyone. It has been quite a year. I have learned so much. What a great opportunity.
Never imagined it would be possible to turn glass on a lathe until I tried. Have some plans for new glass roasting tubes after I get settled in. A true 18mm GonG all glass roasting tube will be one of them.
Hope I can continue to change the log vape scene. I have some ideas for the other vape types as well. It is fun being a part of it. Nice to get suggestions and input from everyone to help make a better product.

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Congratulations Alan on the one year anniversary!

I have been swamped the past week but finally got around to answering your Email earlier. Can't wait to see the new products you have in mind :tup:

Gonzo,
Reactions: TV

b0

Cloudy...
Is there any way to regulate the temp in this vape? I like to vaporize at 200-210, also if there is, what will I need?

Thx for your help guys!

b0,

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks BigDaddy! (your name remembers me Bioshock game)
Anyone knows a good one with european plug? I'm thinking about buying my GF a HI, is perfect for her.

Edit: I found a "LCD Integrated Variable Voltage Tattoo Power Supply" (don't know if it's right to link it here) that seems to be perfect.

b0,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thanks BigDaddy! (your name remembers me Bioshock game)
Anyone knows a good one with european plug? I'm thinking about buying my GF one HI, is perfect for her.

Edit: I found a "LCD Integrated Variable Voltage Tattoo Power Supply" (don't know if it's right to link it here) that seems to be perfect.

Check the regulated vs unregulated power supplies thread in the forum, it has all you need to know. From the title, that VVPS should work.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's been just a year now? It feels like it's been around longer than that somehow to me.

Perhaps all the waiting make it feel longer? :rofl:

I kid I kid.

Congrats Alan, on to the next one and I hope you'll be up and producing soon again :tup:

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: TV

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Congrats Alan and thanks for your wonderful creation! Still waiting patiently since April, hope you keep up the amazing work!

Since April? Fuck me! Sure makes me glad I got it back on page 20 or something like that.

I remember when this thing just started...about 7 or 8 pages long. I thought to myself 'I'd better get one now before it is too late.' Such is the nature of these great little hand made wood vapes.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
It wasn't really an ideal time or place for me to start a business last year. Hoping the next year will be much better.

I'm trying to get caught up on some of the piece parts I will need for production. As I was manually drilling 606 1/8" holes in 3/8" SS tubing yesterday, I was wondering how many breaths would be drawn through them in the many years to come. Hopefully a lot of happy people will benefit from the difficulty of getting the holes precisely positioned. I need to find someone with a laser cutter.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
It may not have been an ideal time, but this jedhi for one, is very happy and thankful you did. I understand your reasoning though. You feel the wants and needs of others and the inability to help at the moment. Things happen. The good news is Alan Wan Kenobi is healthy and will eventually return in full 'force'.

Jeppy,
Reactions: vorrange

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
i backed it way down tonight and loved it. went to 12.3 and then 12.0 and got four plus hits off each bowl. so its like you said, the higher the temp the quicker you will run through the vapor. i prefer four lower hits to two higher hits any day, so I am going to keep going down and see how low i can go. what's the lowest anyone is using around here?

I'm still between 11,2 to 11,4V myself, icw the CRZ stem that is. It's about the highest I can go with this stem without combusting.

I usually get around 7 to 8 thick dense hits or so out of that stem, assuming I use top grade stuff.

OhTheAgony,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've settled on 12.0 lately, with the 14mm GonG tube. Its a good all-around temp for me. If I want a lighter roast, I just load the tube a little lighter and vice versa, for darker roast.

BigDaddyVapor,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
It wasn't really an ideal time or place for me to start a business last year. Hoping the next year will be much better.

I'm trying to get caught up on some of the piece parts I will need for production. As I was manually drilling 606 1/8" holes in 3/8" SS tubing yesterday, I was wondering how many breaths would be drawn through them in the many years to come. Hopefully a lot of happy people will benefit from the difficulty of getting the holes precisely positioned. I need to find someone with a laser cutter.
I've got friend with a laser cutter if you need it. It's a life saver. PM me if you're serious.

ACE OF VAPE,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
You've got a loyal customer base and friends Alan. We will shout from the rooftops and sing praises, when you're ready again. Just the lot of us, could easily bring you another year of work, in about a week.
Thanks Big Daddy. Good to know that I have some friends / customers that will help bring me some continued sales. In turn, I get to provide a very special device that everyone can continue to enjoy for years to come.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
A big thanks to Alan for sending out a new center tube for my HI :tup:

Back up and running as good as new :clap:

You are welcome. Glad you were able to install the new core yourself. So nice that the design allows that level of serviceability. Good that there are only a handful of the old cores out there yet to be changed. They are covered under the warranty.

Alan,
Top Bottom