• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

cluffy

Vaker
Happy New Year!! My HI is still going strong, it's my go-to vape now. I loaned out my DBV (looking forward to that first hit when I get it back, it'll be like trying a new vape again!). Anyhow, I had to drop in and post this GIF for boobs:
cp-gif-11-1.gif

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Picked up a 2 pc Mendo Mulcher today. New design. They had the big socketed-type ones. But, what I don't like about them... is one side is real thin and hard for me to grip. They had one, I hadn't seen before, that was fat on both sides and instead of the angled cuts, had the cross cuts around the whole case, for easy grip. Perfect, fluffy grind for the HI, imo... it doesn't allow it to pack down as much, keeping good air flow between your herb.

2gripsthumb.jpg

2grips.jpg

Nice BDV, that's the same reason I never bought a Mendo. Now that they have the new style I think I'll grab one - even though I rarely grind.

kingofnull,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Cluffy - Nice tribute to bOObs. lol Good to hear your HI is treating you well and is your go-to unit.

BDV - Thanks for posting the link to the Mendo. I will definitely purchase one when I finally get something to mulch. I am so ready to move.

kingofnull - Looking forward to see how your all glass roasting tube works with the e-nano. I imagine it will be just like using it with the HI which works very well as you have seen from the videos.

OhTheAgony - You are right on the money. I do seem to be drowning in the move. Just proceeding with a lot of caution. Trying to make all the right decisions. Help is something that I am always short on.

Alan, If you need help with your move, shoot me a message as I'm out here in CO.

slowandsteady,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thanks, BDV!! I have one of the Mendos with the thin bottom. I fucking hate it. I'll dig this one, though.

You know, I had always wanted one. However, unbeknownst to me, they have the exact problem I have with other grinders. I hadn't ever held a Mendo to discover that. They always looked like they were the solution to the problem. Both my index finger joints revolt, when wrapping around and gripping most grinders, because the thin tops, are difficult to grip and turn. I love the little MFLB grinder for Box use... but its so small, unless the herb is perfect cured or drier, it just kills my hands. My index fingers pops in the joint, when I try gripping something that hard and twisting it.

I was giving them my first hands on, because one of the shops in town carries them. I was not liking them, as I couldn't hold it either way and turn it comfortably. In fact, it was worse than with my existing grinders (I've given a lot away to).

I didn't even see the double-thick until he put it on the counter. Once I noticed it was a 2 pc, I was sold. I can grip it very comfortably and this thing grinds anything, with beefy thick cuts and a sure grip, it requires very little effot. It doesn't have the silky smooth turning of the gasket type grinders, when they're clean... but unlike those, the Mendo does NOT get clogged, bind up, or anything like that. It is always free turning and the magnet is super strong. I'm pretty confident, if I dropped it while herb was in there, it would most likely stay closed.

I wouldn't ever use this for the MFLB though. The grind is way too coarse for me. However, it is absolutely perfect for both the HI and the VB HF. I've been getting much better roasting of my herb, with the new vvps and this grinder.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vapinghole

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Yes, I know exactly what you mean with the MFLB grinder. The herb must be very dry. I'm off to nab this Mendo today.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I take back not being compatible with the MFLB. I was uhm, medicated... yeah and I got a bit exuberant. My last 2 PC, would only grind to a certain point and never fine enough. You go enough turns with the Mendo, you'll have powder. :D

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: kingofnull
I forgot about airflow! The Solo is somewhere in between a PD and a HI with respect to airflow. The airflow isn't restrictive enough on the Solo to make it a real issue, but the HI's airflow is wide open.

Out of curiosity, which stem for the HI are you referring to in this comparison?

slowandsteady,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks Vapinghole. Glad the world didn't end so we can all relax a bit (I wasn't worried). Looking forward to a great year.

slowandsteady - Thanks for the offer. It will be a big help. Some of these wood boxes are very heavy.

Alan,

u bwade wunner

Looking forward to a great year.
heres to that big fella:cheers: .I had a great xmas and new year but my tolerances went through the roof.Thanks to the Hi I am getting back on track with smaller and smaller sessions.The beauty of the Hi.

Alan - How is the outer sleeve and the island tube/bottom washer held together.Crimp or weld?.Just wondering how you improved it from the beta His and how much punishment it can take: sideways movement etc dropping the Hi in and out of stems in glass.Since welding my bottom washer to the island tube.Ive had no issues but Im always careful.well mostly:)

Oh and on the note of being careful dont be lazy like me and drop your e nice aluminium grinders into a dishwasher.My mini mflb grinder has lost its clear anodised finish due to the excessive heat in my DW:doh: .Im just happy it wasn t my favourite 2 inch one :) ISO and more ISO!

u bwade wunner,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
BDV - Sad to hear of the accident. I have a few made up and can get a replacement out to you. I have had them hit the floor and not break before. It is all a chance in how they hit. Must have been its time.

u bwade wunner - The outer sleeve is mechanically connected to the washer in the same fashion as the center tube connects to the washer. They are the exact same parts as the first core design but connected together. No welding or soldering. A very solid connection. It gives each HI a musical ring to it when lightly tapped. A harmonious connection with the wood.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thank you, so much Alan!

Yeah bwade, I have the 10mm roasting tube, silicone, nipple, screens. Using it right now. Its not my preferred method, but I will hit revolt, with my friends. I've tried to get them to use it, that way I can keep 2 tubes going around. No way, no how. Didn't matter, if I held their hand, in the process. They want, must have, the GonG.

Can't say that I blame them, it is a completely different pull, IMO. What I do, very much like about the 10mm, is the roast itself. VB HF colored stuff, which is very nice.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom