• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The HI

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Was wondering where the bOObster was. Starting to worry, my obnoxious ass, drove him away. Then of course, the thoughts, I didn't want to think (health), were there to.

Glad you're safe and sound. Good to see you again. I'm sure many missed your interaction on the forum, as I did. Hope you'll be more active once things settle some and that pesky t-break is out of the way.

Happy NEW YEAR if we don't see you.

I'll have a video of my new Dirty Rico Bubbler up, by then.

BigDaddyVapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh noes, t-breaks are never good. Good to see you post again though Boobs, I hardly recognized you there at first :lol:

I hope you'll forget about this t-break nonsense and to see you back to your dirty old tricks again soon again
stickpoke.gif

Thanks for the tips Alan! I must admit that the dink is somewhat growing on me though, it does add a little character perhaps, not sure what that's all about.

Nice to see you're up and producing again though! Are you turning wood again as well?

OhTheAgony,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
hey happy holiday guys!! sorry haven't been around much lately just being hammered with work. prolly go on a t-break for a month or two, need to take a blood test for insurance :( but after that i should be back in full service, hahaha

bOObsie! Happy New Year, my vaping friend.

Vapinghole,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Can't wait to see how my new piece of glass (will be here tomorrow) is going to work with the HIsaber. Personally, I think its going to be a match made in HIghven.

(for those that don't troll the Glass sub-forum)

DirtyRico01.jpg

DirtyRico02.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
bOObs - Good to see you again. Sorry to hear about the t-break. I am taking a t-break too but only because there is nothing available here. Looking forward to Colorado.

OTA - I haven't been turning wood since it is all packed up in boxes and I need to keep the shop very clean for when the house is being shown. I did just finish up a batch of heating elements. Now I need to get some heating element removal tools made up. Also working on some bamboo skewer "wand hash" harvesting tools.

BDV - Very nice looking glass. Should work well with your HIsaber. Love to see a video if you get a chance.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
That's nice BDV, what's the dimensions?

LOL! I don't know...

Other than its 12" tall at the mouthpiece and the base is 5". So I have some idea. Using that much... and one of the pics, is exactly 1/2 scale. I measured the can at that point and its 25mm x 2 = 50mm wall. That inner wall on the perc measures out to 30mm wall. Perc should be around 40mm. So 5mm clearance around the perc to the can wall. Or... lots and lots of tiny little bubbles.

My two comparable bubblers are 70mm and then a rounded 70mm to 60mm. I like those sizes, but wanted something a little smaller (why I like the Ion). Everything I looked at, I was interested in, was basically the same dimensions as the other two bubblers, or MUCH smaller. As I have the VB Hydrator knock-off and the VB Mini Hydrator... I knew I didn't want that small (though I love my Mini, with my SSFG Mini Inline. using it right now). This looked like a good in-between, leaning towards the larger. :tup:

I talked to Dave at ALT for quite a while, mostly about our lives. :lol: But, during the course of our short conversation on the bubbler and verifying my identity. We did talk about the purpose of it. He asked, what I wanted the bubbler for, because as he said... he steers combustion folks away from the Apocoline percs. While he doesn't have personal experience, he said judging by the fine/small detail of the perc, is not good for flower, as the perc in his opinion would be clogging every 3rd hit. He said he's got a lot of positive feedback from mostly dabbers and some vaporist, they all love the perc.

I absolutely LOVE the styling and to have a dewaar on top of it, in my opinion... one of the nicer pieces of scientific glass I've seen. Got a nice big beefy base, to discourage tip-overs, which was common in my house until I started getting big beefy based pieces. The mouthpiece tubing and flair is similar to my Leviathan, which is my favorite piece of glass... so...

So my expectations are HIGH, to say the least. But, I've got a good feeling on this one. I'll know by 3:00pm today.

Alan - You should know me by now... there WILL be a video. Only problem, though its not really a problem, is our oldest son is coming home on leave today. He knows I medicate and is cool with it. But, I don't want to make him uncomfortable. I would have felt weird when I was in the Navy, to be in the same room with my dad, filming rips off HQ glass and posting on Youtube. So, I just don't know when. I need to make one for MF also, for their new whip.

BigDaddyVapor,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Ok, I'm looking forward to seeing this in action with the HI BDV. Looks like massive diffusion!

Jeppy,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
It is the single smoothest piece of glass I have ever hit. So far, the only thing I've found limiting the size of my hit, is my lung capacity. I was running pretty hot at 12.1v to (was a mistake I bumped the dial). Dropped it down to 11.8 and it doesn't thick milk up the can so far (I believe its because of the large diameter downstem).

While I haven't ever done dabs, judging by the thickness of the vapor, I would also tend to agree with Dave at ALT. This should work well for that to. Though, I wouldn't ever try to combust out of it, unless I wanted to clean it constantly.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I had forgotten how nice that sumac HI is BDV. Very nice. Looking forward to the vid of those two in action.

momofthegoons,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Looks like it's about perfect for the HI. I think a glass piece with alot of diffusion, with slight drag is perfect for the HI.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks for posting the video BDV. I am still amazed how fast it turns the glass white. There is very little water to lift with that piece of glass. I can imagine how low of drag it must have. Hope I can get a nice glass collection some day. Would really like to try a fritted disc some day.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Looks like it's about perfect for the HI. I think a glass piece with alot of diffusion, with slight drag is perfect for the HI.

Its still bright and shiny new.... but I think this piece is just about perfect for the HI. The flow of air thru it and the HI is so good and efficient, I'm having to rediscover my voltages all over again. Even running down at 11.5 I'm getting consistent dark coffee colored ABV.

With my other pieces, I would have to be running 11.8 or above, for that.

BigDaddyVapor,

chimpybits

I like.

It seems nicely smaller than I imagined. The can is certainly narrow - complementing the HI nicely - and not that tall. Looks quite light during that dainty twirl you do together. Very grabable.

Oh yeah, you're hitting that w/o downstem right?

chimpybits,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
No additional hardware. The Dirty Rico, as is, 18/14 adapter 14 GonG tube and HI.

Yes, it is very grab-able. For me, it easily rests/balances in the palm of my hand holding it upright. Easy to wrap your hand around the both the can and the base... or just holding it around the can.

I like the piece, the more I use it.

BigDaddyVapor,

chimpybits

No additional hardware. The Dirty Rico, as is, 18/14 adapter 14 GonG tube and HI.
And still the total volume looks reasonable. Quiet too. I like that it doesn't really need a downstem. I guess adding Mike's (OGB) downstem produces an even quieter purr and easy pulling.

chimpybits,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
And still the total volume looks reasonable. Quiet too. I like that it doesn't really need a downstem. I guess adding Mike's (OGB) downstem produces an even quieter purr and easy pulling.

The extra stem does, quiet it down, quite a bite. Not as much as the GBD bubbler, but definitely significant. Unlike the GBD however, it does not reduce drag. I am not kidding, when I say dragless. There's some drag with a load and the HI going (not much)... but the air flow, is the best I've seen on any piece, in conjunction with the HI.

Well, the I should expound on that. Its the smoothest with high air flow. I was comparing with the Lev FC Bubbler tonight and it vapes the tubes, the same... same huge hits. The Lev reminds me of a rumbling V8, built-out Shelby Mustang. The DR, a tricked out Nissan GT-R.

Both fun as @#$% to drive, just slightly different methods of getting there.

BigDaddyVapor,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Alan, I've been away for ages.. Due to legal troubles I can no longer use. What glass adapter/bowl would you recommend for using cotton coated in ejuice with? I CANNOT risk combusting the cotton so I will more then likely using the enercell VV @ 10.2?

http://findnsave.suwanneedemocrat.com/Product/1552858/Enercell-Multivoltage-800mA-AC-Power-Adapter

Good to see you here again. Sorry to hear of your situation. Hopefully, it will change someday.
I have not had much experience with ejuice. I do frequently use the cotton from cleaning my glass stems in either a silicone or glass roasting tube. As long as the airflow is good, there should be no chance of combustion. The cotton should be only loosely packed. I'm not sure what the ideal temperature is for the ejuice. You can always start out low and try a higher temperature. Maybe that could be another use for the HI.
Let me know if you still want to change out your core for a one piece design. You have the first HI that I sold.

chimpybits

The extra stem does, quiet it down, quite a bite. Not as much as the GBD bubbler, but definitely significant. Unlike the GBD however, it does not reduce drag. I am not kidding, when I say dragless. There's some drag with a load and the HI going (not much)... but the air flow, is the best I've seen on any piece, in conjunction with the HI.

Well, the I should expound on that. Its the smoothest with high air flow. I was comparing with the Lev FC Bubbler tonight and it vapes the tubes, the same... same huge hits. The Lev reminds me of a rumbling V8, built-out Shelby Mustang. The DR, a tricked out Nissan GT-R.

Both @#$% as Hell to drive, just slightly different methods of getting there.
Dragless hmm. I can only imagine, but I like. I am looking forward to making my GBD bub quieter and reducing the drag with Mike's downstem and getting a HI.:wave::nod: I'm not letting myself think about that DR bub though.

The proverbial car analogy helps me visualize the quick, dragless DR. Having only experience with 1 glass piece, I don't really have a good understanding of drag.

chimpybits,
Top Bottom