• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

bassplayer

Yes, I do. Usually I don't eat like this unless I'm on steroids. The whole struggle with Crohn's, for me anyway, is trying to get enough nutrition. Not to mention the nausea, vomiting, etc. Food is usually so unappealing. I don't yet have access to high quality meds...YET. :evil:
The Herbie has definitely hit me with some serious munchies (more so than the VXL Cloud or E-Nail), not exactly sure why but I have to be careful with the Herbie and certain strains (I need to lose weight not gain)

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Never thought I'd enjoy a "whip" vape.

I've switched to using the whip exclusively, just to test it out. Josh had suggested using the fan assist mode, which I was reluctant to do, associating that with some degree of waste. Or reserving fan-assist for bag usage only.

Yeah... I really like the whip now. It does move at a bit quicker pace than my normal contemplative sipping, but using the fan assist has made the whip a lot more enjoyable. I like it. :tup:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I've switched to using the whip exclusively, just to test it out. Josh had suggested using the fan assist mode, which I was reluctant to do, associating that with some degree of waste. Or reserving fan-assist for bag usage only.

Yeah... I really like the whip now. It does move at a bit quicker pace than my normal contemplative sipping, but using the fan assist has made the whip a lot more enjoyable. I like it. :tup:

I surprised myself by also finding the whip to be a great delivery method!
When using fan assist i kind of use it in boost mode, place the bowl on Herbie and hit the fan assist.
Once you are done with the hit, remove the bowl by tilting forward and continue inhaling for a second or two to cool the bowl down.
I find that removing the bowl after a hit reduces the waste quite considerably!
I aim to never have vapor escape from the end of the whip!

grokit

well-worn member
I've been enjoying the whip as well lately,
alternating between the j-hook and a small glass mouthpiece.

Nice job!

Are you concerned at all that it's not a red (hi-temp?) grommet?
Especially because it looks like you had to sand it down?

I really want somebody to find/try a 10mm to 14/18mm glass bushing.
Although this setup looks like this will function perfectly!
:tup:

I found a 10/14 adapter.
(actually it was brought to a different thread by another fc'er):
media.nl

http://www.mountainglass.com/Low-Profile-Bushing-Adaptor-10F-to-14M-100.html?sc=2&category=18191

Has anybody tried this, who thinks it will fit?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@Crohnie (the crohnster)
I'm glad your appetite is up!
I struggled for two years with my weight... since my last set of intestinal surgeries.
I was stuck at 119.. then for about a year and a half at 135.
90 days ago, I hit 151.... my original lifetime weight.
I even surpassed it at 156 for about 3 weeks... I stabilized at 151 again, and have been there for 2 months.
Perhaps Herbie coming to live here at my place has been one of the aspects recently that have aided my appetite as well.
I'm 132 pounds.
My life time weight was 162?

If it wasn't for cannabis I would weight 120.

The HERBIE seems like a good weight management device?

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Before I got Crohn's Disease I averaged 185-190lbs. Just before I was diagnosed, I was 122lbs. I'm 148 right now which isn't bad for me. I feel better (and look better) when I'm at least 150. Since Herbie is making me so hungry, I should gain some much needed weight.

weedemon

enthusiast
Anyone ever find the easter egg (eggs) Herbalizer said they put in the device? Seems like they may have hidden it too well (I gave up looking, didn't want to mess anything up), probably something like a special message or whatever...

I think it's the screen saver.

weedemon,
Reactions: ataxian

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Interesting guess tdub. With the Herbie's controls a game like that would be possible. Color me intrigued.

Crohnie,
Reactions: t-dub

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

Now that I think about it "Sonic the Herbiehog" neither sounds that great nor is accurate in the least...
:)

However, the Herbie does form a sphere relatively easy....

EDIT: And "Herbie the Hedgehog" just doesn't have that ring to it...

EDIT EDIT: Didn't we discuss whip-controled video gaming in this thread already? Or is that one of those "happened in ma' dream, but not in real life" thangs?

Executing the Konami Code on a whip is a whole new level of skill.
:)

Oh, yeah... I've made the "vape like a FINAL boss" joke in this thread, so it must be IRL discussion....
Not even vaked and I'm repeating me jokes. Time for new material...

Last edited:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I've been playing with some Silcon tubing from PlanetVape for the last few weeks. The 3/8 x 1/2" provides a big increase in airflow which is really nice with water filtration. Short lengths have been my preference so far as they're easy to deal with, easy to replace, and give you a shorter airpath. You can mark me down as another member who's been turned back on to whip vaping, especially with water tools. I forgot how simple and fast it is! The straight tubing adapter works best for me using the short lengths of tubing with 90 and 45 degree angled GonG joints.

The vaped material coming out of the Herbalizer bowl continues to impress me. Very even, and zero charring despite every attempt to do so. The closest I got (last picture below) was with a small, finely ground load, vaped from min to max 10 degrees at a time and then left out in the dry winter air for a week and vaped again hard at 229C. The herb was dark brown, but appeared to be more structurally intact than usually is the case at the same color. The Herbalizer's ability to keep the temperature just below the combustion point of fibrous plant material seems to work very well at liberating actives without heavily vaping the fiber itself -- if that makes any sense. It looks and tastes that way to me.

The only "cool-spot" I've found with the bowl is when material is sucked against the top screen. Pieces that are over the edge of the opening on the other side don't get as much air passing over them and are slightly less cooked. Pictures 1 and 3 below illustrate this, and as you can see it's minor.

The additional functionality of the buttons is something that I use often. Turning the unit on and off in vaportherapy mode by holding the respective button is convenient. As has been pointed out before, pressing the fan button after the unit has been turned off will run the fan on a 4 minute timer -- useful if you're about to pack it up in an enclosed case.

@vtac, looks like a great setup. What's the approx. diameter of the whip connection on the GonG adapters you're using with that tubing?

I agree regarding the convenience of being able to press the vaportherapy button down for a second to turn the unit off and on. Herbalizer really considered every aspect of the user experience when they designed their vaporizer.

I love this device. Is there room for improvement? Of course, there always is, but this is such an impressive unit and it's nice to see a company get it right on the first try.

Vapodudule

GOsh i have to have one of this things noWWW!

I contacted sheila and their support but no answer :( may be this european law of selling CE marked products :(

Vapodudule,
Reactions: Vitolo

Is it tho?

@Vapodudule, the ce marking is what they told me was going to delay international release when I contacted them just before the release date. They said it could be year before they got round to it. Tho if enough people contacted them it would move it up there priority list

lazylathe

Almost there...
Got me some loving from Herbie!!
Tangerine Dream, half a bowl started at 190 and ended at 229.
Nice citrus taste with pretty impressive clouds.

I love it when i can get Herbie to consistently deliver ABV like this!
Medicated from the tip of my nose to my tingling toes!
Time to go watch some Sci-Fi!
2014-02-21121843_zps8db4ae4d.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
And for me... it has been a blue dream couple of days... as I study Blue Dream Herbalized at 300....... and up... all the way to 425. I am doing this in 1 degree increments but to keep the feelings clear, I am taking turns between 300... then 445........ ,301....... 444, 302.....443 etc.
I may be the only person here at this time, but still... a good time was had by all!

Top Bottom