• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Herbalizer

lazylathe

Almost there...
Agreed. Challenge accepted.

Ready...set...go!

throw_Down.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hmmmmmmm......

IIRC I posted a link to the Aromed 4.0 booklet that has all herbal temps and effects for a whole lot of herbs.
On my phone now so searching is a pain....
Will post a new link here soon

EDIT: link added!
http://www.aromed.com/en/medical-plants.html

Just click on the highlighted plant name for a description of benefits and vaporizing temps!!

Only issue I see is that Herbie does not go as low as the required temps for a lot of herbs listed...

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I had an aromed, I used to reference that site. You can also use this:

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic
Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit

Cannabinol CBD
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit

Cannabinol CBN
Properties: (Oxidation breakdown product) Sedative, Antibiotic
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit

Cannabichromene CBC
Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Antibiotic, Anti-fungal
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
The Herbie has landed! :rockon:

The outer packaging is extremely discreet. Absolutely no indication or hint of what could be inside. As others have stated, the inner packaging is beautiful and first class. Love the carry case box. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with my new best friend. More later.

UPS man brought me a dream
Herbie's the cutest that I've ever seen

grokit

well-worn member
Back to the Gong boys and girls...

Utilizing a rubber grommet.

20140219_140845_zpsfo2tmdnp.jpg

20140219_140855_zpsp1tmkeej.jpg

And an 18 to 18 male to male.

20140219_140905_zpssjtxibi3.jpg

20140219_140922_zpsdxsdxilg.jpg

20140219_140931_zps3e7xzghd.jpg

I was able to achieve a perfect seal.

Nice job!

Are you concerned at all that it's not a red (hi-temp?) grommet?
Especially because it looks like you had to sand it down?

I really want somebody to find/try a 10mm to 14/18mm glass bushing.
Although this setup looks like this will function perfectly!
:tup:

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
First impressions:

It's slightly bigger than I expected but has a nice weight and feel that say high quality. The design and color match my Macbook Pro perfectly, so if you like the Apple aesthetic, you'll love the look of the Herbalizer. Using Herbie is easy and intuitive...pretty much idiot proof. A helpful "quick start" guide is included which pretty much covers it all concisely and clearly.

It really does heat up that fast..WOW! I keep forgetting I don't need to leave it on for it to be ready in a few seconds. I love the precise temperature control. No technique required. I've been using the whip so far with the fan assist. Absolutely cool vapor even at 445. Never thought I'd enjoy a "whip" vape. I didn't notice a whole lot of flavor, but I vape mids and tend to be a high temp kinda guy: not a priority for me. Haven't tried the balloons yet.

I tried vaping some ABV from my Underdog, just to see if Herbie could extract any more goodies. Filled the bowl half way and set Herbie at 445. I got 3-4 lovely hits of vapor! No popcorn taste. When I think of the ABV I've tossed. :doh: More later. I'm feeling very...Herbalized right now. For the sake of Cannascience, I must perform more experiments immediately. :science:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I've been scraping sublimate (basically a heavy ratio of cbd/cbn hash oil) from my launchtube,
and the process has been pretty inefficient.
So I put some recycled 99% iso on a bit of hemp fiber and used it as a sponge,
sopped it right up as far as I could reach with it.
I let it dry out overnight, cut off a piece and stuffed it into herbie @444°f.

I'm fucking ripped, couldn't even finish it :freak:
It tasted like tulsi for a bit but now that's gone.
Didn't even need the fan :tup:

grokit

well-worn member
I posted a while ago about some cheap gong/tubing with glass mouthpieces I picked up on ebay, the tubing is pretty poor and doesn't fit herbie's bowl at least not easily/well. But the glass parts fit herbie's tubing quite nicely, here's the 19mm female piece with some hemp fiber substituted for the included screen.

6Lkg9mQ.jpg

So (with the reducer) it's ready for a 14/18mm direct injector but can adapt to anything :science:

Last edited:

bassplayer

Anyone ever find the easter egg (eggs) Herbalizer said they put in the device? Seems like they may have hidden it too well (I gave up looking, didn't want to mess anything up), probably something like a special message or whatever...

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I gave up looking for it as well, mostly because it was driving me nuts... that and I usually don't chase rabbits in real life ;)

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Just did my first bag. Very nice...I've used bags before with the Volcano, but was never completely satisfied with the taste or efficiency. Herbie's bags are somehow different; better taste, vapor to air ratio, no crinkling sounds, etc. Whatever it is, I'm baked. I found no vapor leakage when filling the balloon . Although the Herbie fills bags significantly more slowly than the Volcano, it is also MUCH quieter. I find the fan sound pleasant; similar to a computer fan. IMO, the fan is relatively quiet and doesn't distract or bother me at all.

BTW, I've owned a Volcano and it is, IMO, a fine vaporizer, built like a tank.

Vitolo

Vaporist
You guys ought to run over and check out the Herbalizer FaceBook page... ...and of course "LIKE" it while there.
Those of you that own one of these vapes could write a review on that page as well!
It's a fun page, and good karma all around.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
You guys ought to run over and check out the Herbalizer FaceBook page... ...and of course "LIKE" it while there.
Those of you that own one of these vapes could write a review on that page as well!
It's a fun page, and good karma all around.
I'm surprised there are no reviews yet on Herbalizer's website.

Vito, maybe you can answer this: I've been vaping the same mids for a long time. I have never been so HUNGRY. Since I have Crohn's Disease, this as a GOOD thing. I can't stop eating. What could it be?

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Crohnie (the crohnster)
I'm glad your appetite is up!
I struggled for two years with my weight... since my last set of intestinal surgeries.
I was stuck at 119.. then for about a year and a half at 135.
90 days ago, I hit 151.... my original lifetime weight.
I even surpassed it at 156 for about 3 weeks... I stabilized at 151 again, and have been there for 2 months.
Perhaps Herbie coming to live here at my place has been one of the aspects recently that have aided my appetite as well.

Top Bottom