The Herbalizer

ResonantOG

If you were to show me the color of the ABV before I medicate I would say it was not dark enough to satisfy my needs... but the effect in reality is stronger then the shade would suggest.

Older post I know, but I wanted to say that I agree with this exact statement. The ABV from the Herbie is very "blonde" for lack of a better term. In fact, after my first sesh with it, I was a bit let down... until the meds hit me. The sheer face-melting power of this thing testifies to its complete extraction.

Now for a serious problem: HELP!! I am stuck next to the Herbie with a pile of ground up, perfect diesel-driven flowers... I am anchored. I can't get myself to leave. So. Much. Flavor.

I actually managed to overdo it last night with my herbalizer. The culprit was a night cap consisting of .2g of purple Cadillac flowers (heavy indica). Do not underestimate the power of the extraction here and do not assume the light colored abv means Herbie isn't doing its job. I got way too high and I'm paying the price this morning with some "greening out" side effects. Either that or I happened to come down with a stomach bug at the same time. Know your limits even when it comes to marijuana!

ResonantOG

I actually managed to overdo it last night with my herbalizer. The culprit was a night cap consisting of .2g of purple Cadillac flowers (heavy indica). Do not underestimate the power of the extraction here and do not assume the light colored abv means Herbie isn't doing its job. I got way too high and I'm paying the price this morning with some "greening out" side effects. Either that or I happened to come down with a stomach bug at the same time. Know your limits even when it comes to marijuana!

Heya buddy! I am with ya. My first session with the Herbie, I tried an unmeasured amount of Blue Dream flowers. This is a strain I smoked a lot of, everyday.

Now I will admit that my experience thus far is of a recently converted smoker, like literally a "bong hits Wednesday, Herbie Thursday" story. I have to say, though, that my experience was just like Reckoners. I felt so much higher than I expected, and was quite wobbly on my feet. And this on my go to, daily strain.

"INTENSE" indeed!

weedemon

enthusiast
I'd like to know what happens to this blond abv if it were placed into the evo or another vape capable of strong thorough extractions? (not implying that the herbie isn't)

for example. I can vape the lighter coloured abv from my jar (came from a different vape) in my evo and i get 3 or 4 more hits! this coming from abv from my sublimator no less! that thing gave me massive rips, but the abv kept giving when loaded into another vape. I was really surprised.

for science please! :D

I think I know the easter egg.....

spill it! :p

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Herbie can be a bit like the evo as far as temperature feedback goes, meaning if you leave a bowl attached with the heat on, the effective temperature can creep up so 420f isn't always 420f.

grokit,
Reactions: weedemon

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Herbie can be a bit like the evo as far as temperature feedback goes, meaning if you leave a bowl attached with the heat on, the effective temperature can creep up so 420f isn't always 420f.

I don't understand this. I've watched this device with a TC in place, and the measurement has been incredibly flat, under load or not. 420 might not be 420, but its gonna be 419 or 421...

Or perhaps I am just being too literal here about the numbers? Are you speaking metaphorically? Making a 420 joke? My bad, if I am missing something...
:)

nigel,
Reactions: vtac

grokit

well-worn member
It goes back to the time I combusted at 430f.
I left a half-consumed load in a bowl and wandered away for a few, and the temperature crept up and the load combusted when I came back and hit it. If I sit there and vape a whole bowl at 440 it won't combust but the temp did creep up at 430 with the same material when left unattended for 10-15 minutes.

Interestingly, it doesn't seem to happen when I do the basket screen small-bowl method, probably because the load is so much farther from the heat source. But the tradeoff is the clouds aren't as thick that way.

grokit,

green2brown

It goes back to the time I combusted at 430f.
I left a half-consumed load in a bowl and wandered away for a few, and the temperature crept up and the load combusted when I came back and hit it. If I sit there and vape a whole bowl at 440 it won't combust but the temp did creep up at 430 with the same material when left unattended for 10-15 minutes.

Interestingly, it doesn't seem to happen when I do the basket screen small-bowl method, probably because the load is so much farther from the heat source. But the tradeoff is the clouds aren't as thick that way.

I've left my load sitting there for a long while between hits with Herbie heated to 445F and never had this issue. Perhaps this is a defect? Anyone else who has used Herbie this way care to share their experience?

green2brown,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have never had that happen with any of the Herbalizers I have tested. I am able to leave it sitting for a long time at max temp and it does not affect the end result.

Slightly Medicated,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I've left my load sitting there for a long while between hits with Herbie heated to 445F and never had this issue. Perhaps this is a defect? Anyone else who has used Herbie this way care to share their experience?

I know Herbie has knocked me out a few times and i have left a bowl on at the highest setting for about an hour with no ill effects, except vapour escaping when the fan turns on.
Vaping it later has also had no combustion.

Maybe your herb was really dry?

lazylathe,

toros23

How do you know the temperature is off? Are you using some sort of device to measure? I owned an EVO briefly and used a friend's EVO several times, I don't see any similarity whatsoever - especially in regards to temp accuracy/settings.

grokit

well-worn member
How do you know the temperature is off? Are you using some sort of device to measure? I owned an EVO briefly and used a friend's EVO several times, I don't see any similarity whatsoever - especially in regards to temp accuracy/settings.

It combusted at 430f, nothing else to say.
Normally the avb doesn't even get that dark at 430f.

I said it CAN be a BIT like the evo in this example,
these words are called qualifiers so maybe you could get over it.

I'm not knocking herbie at all, so please don't try and pick a fight :goon:!

grokit,

toros23

It combusted at 430f, nothing else to say.
Normally the avb doesn't even get that dark at 430f.

I said it CAN be a BIT like the evo in this example,
these words are called qualifiers so maybe you could get over it.

I'm not knocking herbie at all, so please don't try and pick a fight :goon:!

I was a simple question. You a make generic statement saying the Herbie is like the Evo because the temp raises to combustion temps without touching the device. Not picking a fight, I just want to know how you know the temp is raising?

toros23,

grokit

well-worn member
I was a simple question. You a make generic statement saying the Herbie is like the Evo because the temp raises to combustion temps without touching the device. Not picking a fight, I just want to know how you know the temp is raising?

Because the load ignited.
What temperature that is I don't know, but I would hope catching on fire is not by design.

What do you mean by "without touching the device"?

grokit,

green2brown

Someone needs to measure the temp of the bowl's inner SS walls to see if it increases from a couple minutes into a session to 15 min into a session. Increased conduction could increase the possibilty of combustion.

grokit

well-worn member
With no bowl attached and the power on, you can see the heat source pulsing as if in a pre-heat mode. It's not impossible that herbie's pre-heat function could get a load close to combustion as it maintains temperature, and that a direct inhale at the wrong moment (as the heater is pulsing) could cause that load to combust. It's not impossible because it happened to me. I don't see what is wrong with the hypothesis that the temperature can get away from an unattended load. If there's another explanation as to what would raise the load to combustion temperature besides herbie's heat source and my inhalation, I'm all eyes.

edit: I didn't raise the heat manually, obviously that would make this entire discussion moot.
That episode taught me to turn the heater down or disconnect the bowl if I am to pause or step away from herbie for few minutes without finishing, so that it doesn't happen again and it hasn't.

Last edited:

toros23

With no bowl attached and the power on, you can see the heat source pulsing as if in a pre-heat mode. It's not impossible that herbie's pre-heat function could get a load close to combustion as it maintains temperature, and that a direct inhale at the wrong moment (as the heater is pulsing) could cause that load to combust. It's not impossible because it happened to me. I don't see what is wrong with the hypothesis that the temperature can get away from an unattended load. If there's another explanation as to what would raise the load to combustion temperature besides herbie's heat source and my inhalation, I'm all eyes.

You are barking up the wrong tree. I'll say it again, I was simply asking if you used something to measure. You say the temp is raising but are not providing any other info. Another good data point would be how much material was loaded.

toros23,

grokit

well-worn member
It was a loosely-packed full bowl, well-cured with a medium grind.
I'm waiting for your alternative explanation...
...perhaps it was magic?
:popcorn:

Last edited:
grokit,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I tried to duplicate this since the first post, but was unable to "get there' (achieve combustion)
I tried a variety of MMJ bud, some very dry, but was still not able.
I consumed a great deal of meds at the top setting in the past hour (left it set etc)...
Thanks to you, I am quiet comfortably medicated.

I can not give an explanation other than that all conditions at that moment were prime, and you were the first one to experience this set of conditions leading to combustion.
At least we all will have your experience in back of our minds, and perhaps some of us will use this as a subconscious reminder to not leave things that are hot going for too long in our absence.

"I remember the time grokit's load exploded.. or fried.. or something...":myday:

lazylathe

Almost there...
That episode taught me to turn the heater down or disconnect the bowl if I am to pause or step away from herbie for few minutes without finishing, so that it doesn't happen again and it hasn't.

+1 This is what i do all the time now!
Just in case….

lazylathe,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom