Discontinued The Herbalizer

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
MV you are going to flip over the herbie. I will be very surprised if you didn't. Now go ahead and do my glass mod or I have other ideas for glass mods if you want them you know how to find me. Of course it would be easier if I had one but no room on da nightstand for this crip to have one. If I need my herbie fix I know who has one to get it..............think his name is vito:rofl:. Now if I can get him to use glass that will be great.

PoopMachine

I was going to get on this train until I saw the price. I hate I missed the early adopters sale.. probably happened when I was on a t-break.

Maybe I can catch one on sale at some point when shops start carrying them, in the meantime, enjoy guys!

Chill Dude

I was wondering how easy Herbie is to clean and maintain? I don't know much about cleaning silicone whips as this will be my first time using a whip with a vape. How about the bags? I'd imagine they'd get a little dirty and brownish over time. I also assume that those bags can't be cleaned and you simply order extras as needed. How about the herb chamber and cap? Can those be soaked in ISO? And is the screen glass or metal and is it easily replaceable? Anyone care to respond? Thanks......

Chill Dude,
Reactions: SD_haze

PoopMachine

I was wondering how easy Herbie is to clean and maintain? I don't know much about cleaning silicone whips as this will be my first time using a whip with a vape. How about the bags? I'd imagine they'd get a little dirty and brownish over time. I also assume that those bags can't be cleaned and you simply order extras as needed. How about the herb chamber and cap? Can those be soaked in ISO? And is the screen glass or metal and is it easily replaceable? Anyone care to respond? Thanks......

I have a SSV in my arsenal and I havent found a good way to clean the hose. BUT.... what you can do is when it gets all gunked up with resin inside, get yourself a woodscrew that the head barely fits in the hose and tie a string to the pointed end of it. Feed the string through the hose all the way and then pull the screw through. It will scrape the resin out as you pull it through. Then you can recycle it :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Herbie is a snap to clean.
Bags don't get cleaned and re-used.
I use the same bag on Volcano for almost a year now.
When bags are done serving purpose and are retired they are great to clean and reclaim.
The other parts use Iso...
The chamber itself should not need cleaning unless abused.
The way it heats lets you empty it of dry abv, and there is not tackiness left.
You can use Iso wipes.. or an Iso rinse, but nothing there needs to be
"soaked" in Iso.
The silicone whip, after pulling out any beads of resin from inside, can be rinsed and agitated in Iso (not soaked), and then washed out with dish soap and hot water before being rinsed well and vacuumed dry.
Some folks love to whine about "Soap... yucK!", but those are the steps I take and my silicone and all tubing lasts longer than anyones that I know. Invariably folks in person say it feels and tastes clean too.
I have a SSV in my arsenal and I havent found a good way to clean the hose.
Try this video: Clean SSV tube

bassplayer

got my Herbalizer going - love it so far. I haven't been able to get a really good seal on the gong adapters I have (plenty of lost vapor especially when using the fan) and the tubing is really easy to pull out (it doesn't lock in), however I've also found that I did not need water when using the fan, my room is cool and the fan cooled the vapor nicely. Would also be nice if the lid latched closed somehow but those are very nitpicky things...

the ob

all good in the hood.
Just got my Herbie, so wanted to pop in and say a few words. Actually, there really isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said, this little guy performs better than any vape I have ever laid my hands on. I have no regrets whatsoever. Quite the opposite, I feel very lucky to get in on the LE deal because it is a huge savings and I am so happy I was able to get my hands on this guy early.

The only bad thing I can say about it so far is the first message on the display said "Go Ducks".. Coming from a family of mostly Stanford grads, I have to admit that hurt - just a little. I will be contacting support about that one shortly! Guess I need to bust out the old EEPROM burner..

My only hesitation purchasing this vape was having to deal with a whip or bags but I found a quick/easy solution. Using a short piece of tubing I was able to attach a 14mm GonG adapter to the top bowl cover. It is very sturdy and can easily hold the weight of a HydoTube. It even has some flex to it so I can tilt the HT forward (or back) a little while I am using it. If anyone is on the fence because of not wanting to use a whip or bag (you know who you are!!), here is one possible solution. (:

Check out the pics:
jnne.jpg

02uv.jpg

Everything about this guy is awesome, I don't even know where to start. The magnetic bowl is great, it works really well and I need to get a 2nd one for sure. I am very excited to learn the temps I have been vaping at these past few years, I expect this little journey with Herbie will be very eye-opening in that regard.

I have to run but I am sure I will have much more to say later!

ha. I know where you are then. I would like to take this opportunity to say "go ducks" again. From a oregon grad :)

I think I might be the only person interested in using bags.....me and the Gf love bags from the Volcano. Was gonna upgrade to the digit, but this unit seemed to be light years ahead of the old Volcano tech...never enjoyed the whip feature on my extreme q, hoping Herbie can change my mind. Saturday can't come soon enough

You're definitely not the only one, I'm most excited for the bag feature as well. The ease of use, flavor and vapor quality I experienced with the bags during the test drive was top notch. I'm also stoked for the whip function as I find the design to be much better than my previous desktop unit (DBV).

The quick extraction speed people are reporting has me elated. The amount of time spent vaping with the Solo is really starting to irk me. The Herbalizer is gonna revolutionize my sessions.

Chill Dude

The silicone whip, after pulling out any beads of resin from inside, can be rinsed and agitated in Iso (not soaked), and then washed out with dish soap and hot water before being rinsed well and vacuumed dry.
Some folks love to whine about "Soap... yucK!", but those are the steps I take and my silicone and all tubing lasts longer than anyones that I know. Invariably folks in person say it feels and tastes clean too.

Vitolo, thanks the cleaning information. Okay, so for the silicone tube rinse and agitate but don't soak for a long time and finish with soap and water....got it. However, I don't understand how you would initially get the heavy resin buildup out. Super long pipe cleaners??

The quick extraction speed people are reporting has me elated. The amount of time spent vaping with the Solo is really starting to irk me. The Herbalizer is gonna revolutionize my sessions.

I agree, quick heat up time, quick extraction and clean taste is what Herbie brings
To the table. With the Solo it takes 10 times more time to heat up and at least 3 times longer to get full extraction from a session. I also plan on using both the bags and the whip. I don't like to use glass, so that's not an issue for me. I'm really looking forward to this Herbalizer!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDoctor76859

I missed my first delivery because I did not believe that I would be one of the first four shipped. Luckily my relatives only live an hour away and when I got the E-mail Monday that I had missed my delivery I rushed back to get it from Fed-Ex. I had one of the stickers but I did not worry to much about it because the Fed-Ex guys looked tired. Although the person who gave me the box slammed it on the counter. Bummer. Besides that I love this thing. I tried the whip at first but one of my relatives pulled out the whip then dropped it on the floor and got it dirty. Switched to bags after that and have used one enough to make it stick together. Still works fine.
The only non user error that I have encountered is that once the buttons froze and I could not get it to lower the temp from max. I closed the lid and opened it and that fixed the problem. Other then that it has been awesome and I love it!

toros23

Just finished off a bag after reading the last few posts, thanks for the motivation.. :brow: Never tried a Volcano and always wanted to try a bag. Smoothness of the vapor is really nice. It is a great experience and something I will be adding to the routine.

I've been trying REAL HARD to convert several combusting friends for a couple years and this just may be the ticket.. Habits die hard but Herbie performs so well and is so versatile that I think it will finally open some eyes.

I hate to say it because I am sure a ton of technology in Herbie went elsewhere, but my favorite part of this vape is the bowl. I love the design - effective, easy to clean and use. The magnets are strong enough that it will not come out of the heating chamber unless you really want it to. Several times my GonG joint stuck a little and the magnet held strong without the bowl detaching. When I am done with a session, I just pull the entire bowl assembly out and close the top of the Herbie to turn it off. The bowl is enclosed, so I NEVER have to worry about making a mess. When I need to medicate again, I just open my Herbie, press the Vaportherapy button and it resumes at my last used temp. The fan assist is a great feature, my initial impression is that the vapor production excels when using the fan. I have a feeling Herbie is going to be a game changer and I have already decided to start saving for a redundant Herbie.

Vito/SLiM/others - For those of you that tested the beta units, did you ever have dark ABV? I have cranked the temp up to 420 and higher but I haven't seen any dark ABV. The extraction seems complete and it is a nice even brown throughout but I have yet to see any charring (dark brown or black) of the herb. At first I was wondering if my unit was running too cool but I don't think that is the case since I am getting the effects I would expect from those high temps. I think it took me 3 hours to write this post.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Vito/SLiM/others - For those of you that tested the beta units, did you ever have dark ABV? I have cranked the temp up to 420 and higher but I haven't seen any dark ABV. The extraction seems complete and it is a nice even brown throughout but I have yet to see any charring (dark brown or black) of the herb. At first I was wondering if my unit was running too cool but I don't think that is the case since I am getting the effects I would expect from those high temps. I think it took me 3 hours to write this post.

With the Herbalizer's extremely precise and reliable temperature control system you don't have to worry about burning or charring. Here's an excerpt from their blog: What is combustion?

Organic, fibrous, carbon based material can be classified as “wood,” for the purpose of this discussion. “Wood” is composed of moisture, leaves and stem (and in some cases bark, trunk and root). Keep in mind that combustion does NOT mean burn.. combustion means creating noxious gasses, such as CO and CO2, through a chemical reaction. These noxious gasses do not naturally occur in the plant, are not intended by nature, and generally are harmful to the body. The Herbalizer will never exceed the threshold of combustion – 451 F – so you get all of the good stuff with none of the bad stuff, guaranteed.

I think it's an impressive testament to the efficiency of the heating system when the unit can produce the massive clouds it does while staying under that magic number and without combustion, borderline or otherwise.

I'm so glad you lucky first few are enjoying the vape and finding the same things that I did. It was hard when I could only attempt to explain how impressive this thing was. :D

Good advice on cleaning/reclaiming tubing/bags, there are some threads on the subject-search "tubing" in title. Personally I tend to use new tubing/bags after getting the goodies out. Replacement tubing and bags will be available from Herbalizer, and they aren't hard to find online at a decent price. I'll get the specs and post them here, if someone else doesn't do it first. :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vitolo, thanks the cleaning information. Okay, so for the silicone tube rinse and agitate but don't soak for a long time and finish with soap and water....got it. However, I don't understand how you would initially get the heavy resin buildup out. Super long pipe cleaners??
The droplets of condensate do n0t go into the tube very far.
Get them out ("pluck" them out) with a small dab tool or a wooden tool with a hook like this:
Unknown-3.png

Just as a point of reference, a bit of pure cotton or de-gummed hemp fiber can be used as a filter to keep the hose clean in the first place, and the fiber itself can be vaped when it gets gunked up.
I would use caution doing this with Herbie 24/7.
I think it would be fine using direct draw.
That potentially could constitute an additional load on the fan 24/7.
The unit is designed to take wear and tare, but that might "wear" it sooner.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

I mentioned this to a few people... it was interesting to me that the ABV is lighter from the Herbalizer then other vaporizers. If you were to show me the color of the ABV before I medicate I would say it was not dark enough to satisfy my needs... but the effect in reality is stronger then the shade would suggest.

toros23

Thanks for the replies SliM and vtac!

@Dreamerr, below is a photo uploaded in your honor.. :wave: Glass straw method works great with Herbie. Super smooth and really convenient.

One thing I am really enjoying about the Herbie is the consistency. I realize it has been less than 24 hours but this vape truly is idiot-proof.

rvek.jpg

the ob

all good in the hood.
Thanks for the replies SliM and vtac!

@Dreamerr, below is a photo uploaded in your honor.. :wave: Glass straw method works great with Herbie. Super smooth and really convenient.

One thing I am really enjoying about the Herbie is the consistency. I realize it has been less than 24 hours but this vape truly is idiot-proof.

rvek.jpg
where did you purchase those parts? nice pic :)

the ob,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vito/SLiM/others - For those of you that tested the beta units, did you ever have dark ABV? I have cranked the temp up to 420 and higher but I haven't seen any dark ABV.
I did not get dark ABV with my BETA unit.
I can get very dark ABV using my current unit.
If I heat the unit to the top... and I put on the fan, I can clear the chamber of thick vapor in a couple of hits.... that leave the abv quite dark.
I am editing a video of a couple of hits at the higher end of the temperature scale. (420º).
I will have it up in short order~

toros23

I did not get dark ABV with my BETA unit.
I can get very dark ABV using my current unit.
If I heat the unit to the top... and I put on the fan, I can clear the chamber of thick vapor in a couple of hits.... that leave the abv quite dark.
I am editing a video of a couple of hits at the higher end of the temperature scale. (420º).
I will have it up in short order~

Thanks, Vito!

where did you purchase those parts? nice pic :)

The GonG adapter came from ALT and the glass tube is from one of my log vapes. I think you can find these items at your LHS.

toros23,
Reactions: denalus
Top Bottom