The Herbalizer

Vitolo

Vaporist
Blow a bit of your own air into the mouthpiece before placing the balloon on your bowl to vape.
This can be done manually by opening valve with one hand, and slightly fluffing the bag with the other.
While this will prolong the bag, due to hot air not steadily pounding on one spot, over many years with bag vaporizers, I found that "breath" is moist... and that over time will allow bacteria to build up in the bag. Besides bacterial growth, the moisture begins to attract parts of the resins (and this will stay moist because it becomes sealed within the resin), which will give you a cloudy appearance to your bag over time.
Of course @Justpassedu , you are an experienced vaporist, and I am not casting doubt on the fact that your method can make a bag last longer. And holding the bag length-wise is recommended by many. I am simply adding an alternative way to "fluff" the bag without air from lungs.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
In my experience if your herbie bag is getting sticky and old it's only a matter of time before it starts to leak.

It takes far longer for my volcano bags to get sticky and I don't think I've had the bag material fail on me yet.

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
@Winegums

I'm really interested in your domed screen idea. I read one of your posts saying that you just take a normal pipe screen that is larger than the inner diameter of the chamber. Do you have any pictures of your domed screen? Do you use the top half of the bowl or no?

I want to try it out, I just have no idea how to actually make the screen and install it into the bowl. I honestly haven't the slightest idea as of what to do at all. Even when I read your previous posts about the domed screen I was still confused. I googled domed screens for herbalizer and the first results were your posts in this thread, so that's how I saw your other posts about it. I still just don't quite understand...

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums

I'm really interested in your domed screen idea. I read one of your posts saying that you just take a normal pipe screen that is larger than the inner diameter of the chamber. Do you have any pictures of your domed screen? Do you use the top half of the bowl or no?

I want to try it out, I just have no idea how to actually make the screen and install it into the bowl. I honestly haven't the slightest idea as of what to do at all. Even when I read your previous posts about the domed screen I was still confused. I googled domed screens for herbalizer and the first results were your posts in this thread, so that's how I saw your other posts about it. I still just don't quite understand...

I think you're over thinking it.

Just take a regular pipe screen place it on your palm and press in the middle. It will start to take on a slightly "domed" or hemispherical shape, like a ")". Once you have it shaped it should just sit under the top edge of the bowl. There's no installation of the screen it just sits in between your weed and the top of the herb chamber.

You load your Herbalizer like you normally would and place the screen on top of the weed inside the chamber. The top is then screwed on and you can use it however you want.

I hope I made it clear this time. I unfortunately don't have pictures.

Justpassedu

@Winegums

Just to give you an idea , you would be taking any screen larger than the stock herbalizer screen and using your finger to shape it something like this to place over the top of your flowers - https://www.google.com/search?q=ari...hXJC8AKHX3xAWYQ_AUICCgD#imgrc=rH7prdHx115CfM:

It does not have to be exact.

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
I see.

It makes much more sense now. Do you guys just remove the top screen and solely use the dome screen? Or do you use the dome screen in conjunction with the top screen?

WeAreVenom,
Reactions: Madcap79

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
I'm trying to make this dome shape on the screen I bought from the headshop but I am having a teribly tough time.

No matter how hard I press on the screen it will not give and make the dome shape. Is it because I purchased screens made of brass and steel? They were the only options they had. What I thought was a dome didn't work out well for me. While I got good vapor production and excellent air flow it seemed that I did something wrong, the weed eventually came through the sides and clogged the screen. Also I couldn't get the screen to stay straight up. It was lopsided every time I tried to put it in.

What am I supposed to do to make the screen stable? Also how do I get a good dome shape? Pressing with my finger doesn't seem to work for me.

However, I was able to replace the herbie screen with one of these screens! These cheap screens are so much better than the standard ones.

EDIT: After some fiddling around and 45 minutes of self medicating later I figured it out. I just needed to add a little more weed than usual. While I didn't make a perfect dome, it did the job. It took about two attempts. The dome screen did its job perfectly, it stopped my top screen from getting clogged.

@Winegums you're friggin awesome, man! First the tube and now the screens!

Last edited:

530rasta

Hey all

I'm a happy new owner of the Herbalizer vape.

It's my first plug in unit, my daily driver is the portable Solo by Arizer.

So far so good...this thing is badass. Love the form and the function.

Anything I need to know? Tips, tricks, ect ?

Cheers

530rasta,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hey all

I'm a happy new owner of the Herbalizer vape.

It's my first plug in unit, my daily driver is the portable Solo by Arizer.

So far so good...this thing is badass. Love the form and the function.

Anything I need to know? Tips, tricks, ect ?

Cheers
Read the last 10 pages and you should get all the tips you need.

Winegums,
Reactions: 530rasta

530rasta

Ok great, thanks. I skimmed the first few pages but I'll go back ten or so from here and see what I can find.

Yea I dig this thing, pretty nice little unit. I appreciate how much quieter the tan is compared to the volcano.

530rasta,

Stormsend

Sorry if this has been clarified, but I'm a long time lurker looking for a desk top vape after selling my Volcano to go all portable. Anyway, was looking at the Herbalizer and Cloud Evo, I was settled on the Herbalizer, until I found out a rumor about the warranty not being honored?

Has this been resolved? There website says it has a full warranty, does anyone here know if it will be honored?

A concern of my is the LED display. Going from Volcano classic and looking at Cloud Evo, a big plus is less moving parts, less computers, etc. All the bells and whistles of Herbalizer worry me that it will cause it to breakdown more quickly, add in a iffy warranty (possibly?) and you can see why I'm worried.

Thanks to all who read the long post and can help me clear up a few things.

Stormsend,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't know but that is a nice feature about the Volcano classic, I got over a decade out of mine before needing a new pump, definitely minimal maintenance. I'm interested in the same vapes as you so I can slim down the production setup. I live in an apartment and I don't like having so many parts and pieces out if somebody knocks on the door.

invertedisdead,

turk

turk
...never needed the warranty...I've interacted with customer service on a couple of occasions...I've noted them to be compassionate , articulate and earnest about their product ..however, the subject of the warranty was never approached ....that said....why don't you ask them?...they will respond to all inquiries in my experience...(women's name is Carrie )
Hope that helps.

Stormsend

...never needed the warranty...I've interacted with customer service on a couple of occasions...I've noted them to be compassionate , articulate and earnest about their product ..however, the subject of the warranty was never approached ....that said....why don't you ask them?...they will respond to all inquiries in my experience...(women's name is Carrie )
Hope that helps.
Thanks I guess I'll contact them directly!

Stormsend,

6079Smith

Anyway, was looking at the Herbalizer and Cloud Evo, I was settled on the Herbalizer, until I found out a rumor about the warranty not being honored?
Sauce?

If I were to let every rumor or opinion turn me off from a vape... I would not own any, lol. It's good to do your due diligence, of course, but consider the source. I'm not familiar with that rumor, personally.

I have had the same experience as @turk and found customer service to be very conscientious. Most recently they double shipped a package order where an item was back ordered, rather than have me wait an extra day or two.

6079Smith,
Reactions: turk

Stormsend

I saw it on Reddit and here around page 240, but couldn't find a conclusion. I wanted to make a purchase before the holidays are over

Stormsend,

530rasta

It's a nice unit.

Is tube able to go through an ISO soak?

I've been using it at around 365f , seems to be a nice level.

530rasta,

kcmochris

I saw it on Reddit and here around page 240, but couldn't find a conclusion. I wanted to make a purchase before the holidays are over

I remember this when I read through the forums before purchasing. Don't remember specifics (which seems to be what you're looking for) but I have to echo @turk and countless others -- seriously, some of the best customer service. Ever....if that's any consolation. At any rate, I bought the thing, am loving it, and feel pretty confident that should something *within reason* go wrong, the company and its customer service would work with me to service it.

It's a nice unit.

Is tube able to go through an ISO soak?

I've been using it at around 365f , seems to be a nice level.

Tube is def able to go through a quick ISO soak. Many posts on that, particularly from @Vitolo

I'm curious about how folks are getting along with cleaning this Steamroller...

Water was cool-looking, but didn't break down the oils, smell and of course, fingerprints :)

Seemed like it takes a good amount of ISO. I definitely made a mess trying to "cup" the two ends of this tube and shake vigorously....then it dawned on me: put it in a freezer/ziplock bag. Just like a piece/pipe/bowl/etc.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

Water was cool-looking, but didn't break down the oils, smell and of course, fingerprints :)

Seemed like it takes a good amount of ISO. I definitely made a mess trying to "cup" the two ends of this tube and shake vigorously....then it dawned on me: put it in a freezer/ziplock bag. Just like a piece/pipe/bowl/etc.

Add salt to your iso and it'll work wonders.

turk

turk
.. ..kcmochris....try "grunge off "or any of the 420 glass cleaners on amazon...works like a charm...:clap:
(Of course read the instructions....).

turk,

Southern Chef

I remember this when I read through the forums before purchasing. Don't remember specifics (which seems to be what you're looking for) but I have to echo @turk and countless others -- seriously, some of the best customer service. Ever....if that's any consolation. At any rate, I bought the thing, am loving it, and feel pretty confident that should something *within reason* go wrong, the company and its customer service would work with me to service it.

Tube is def able to go through a quick ISO soak. Many posts on that, particularly from @Vitolo

I've had a lot of luck just standing mine up in the dishwasher and running it through a normal cycle. This probably wouldn't work if it was really gunked up but it comes out of the washer pristine if I wash it every two or three uses.

Southern Chef,
Reactions: turk

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
What's the deal with the stripped down Chongs Choice version

Is it gone for good now?? Will it ever come back? Anybody have any insight on this?

Kind of kicking myself for not jumping on the BF sale.

Looking at getting a Herbie, hopefully used but they are slim to none in my neck of the woods in western Canada!

whatitdew,
Top Bottom