Discontinued The Herbalizer

Justpassedu

I might be overfilling it...when it has happened it's because I created some sort of suction, perhaps I exhaled a bit accidently.

I get a much better draw from the steamroller, and since it's so smooth I don't find a need to water cool unless I'm on high temps. For that I just fill a bag and run it through the hydrabomb.
Definitely try not to create any suction , that can cause it and make sure your not over filling or filling the overflow and you should never have a problem.

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
^How much did you get that JoDa custom for? I saw in a previous post from you a user here made it.

The bent mouthpiece makes it more appealing to me than the steamroller offered on the herbalizer website. I swear all the money I save on herb is gonna be spent on accessories. I gotta get that hydratube eventually too.

BTW: The gong 10-14mm @Winegums told me to buy (yes bro this changed everything) works great as a mouth piece if I just want to use the whip instead of the bong. I can't wait to buy the high temp silicone whip. Every one keeps saying it's much better than the standard one, I hope it really is. Considering it's only $3 and herbalizer wants $25 for theirs (pffft).

How long is the one that was linked to me? I didn't see that information in the description. (I bookmarked it)

Last edited:
WeAreVenom,
Reactions: Madcap79

ReifierReefer

+1 for larger diameter tubing. I've gotta try putting a domed screen in the top section of my herb chamber; zero air restriction coupled with the raw amount of vapor the Herbalizer puts out is a killer combo, especially through a water pipe. I recently picked up an FC-1000 to use with my Herbie and I love this combination of ultra potent, tasty vapor and a large volume piece known for it's ability to maintain flavor. I've now convinced the friend that first introduced me to the Herbie to get one as well, rather he was convinced after using the combo for the first time (smooth vapor through 445!). Even better, there is no way to send water back up the whip, due to the design, which proved to be fatal for my Herbalizer a couple months ago when a friend blew back into the bubbler I had coupled with my Herbie. Luckily getting it repaired was hassle free, informative, and pretty quick, not to mention much cheaper than I had expected. Having the FC-1000 is great because now for first time since that happened I can let anyone run my Herbalizer through it without anxiously watching them to make sure they don't blow water through the whip.

The efficacy of the Herbalizer is unlike any other vaporizer I've used (I still need to try a few of the heavy hitters out there like the EVO). When I've got my tolerance under control I'm usually limiting myself to one full Herbie trench at night a few hours before I go to sleep, then on weekends I'll indulge as much as I want (usually the equivalent of around 3 trenches throughout the day). If I follow that regimen I am able to get not only satisfactorily, but surprisingly medicated on a daily basis, add a 24 hour tolerance break to the equation and...:smug:. Friends that didn't like using my vaporizers because they felt as though they weren't very effective now only use my Herbalizer on occasion because it gets them "too high," meanwhile they'll run trench after trench through my other vapes when they use them. The closest I was able to come to a daily vaping routine that got me as medicated as my Herbie does now was when I was micro-dosing 0.05g nightly through my Solo with weekend t-breaks. With that routine I know the reason I was getting so medicated was because I had no tolerance, t-breaks did just about nothing unless I took a whole week off, and even then the return was only marginal. Never would I have imagined that I could regularly get as medicated as I do using my Herbalizer while maintaining a tolerance. Alas, it is true and because of this I doubt that I'll ever need to buy another vape.... except maybe a log, or the Milaana... the Lotus and VapCap look pretty cool too...:horse:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
^How much did you get that JoDa custom for? I saw in a previous post from you a user here made it.

The bent mouthpiece makes it more appealing to me than the steamroller offered on the herbalizer website. I swear all the money I save on herb is gonna be spent on accessories. I gotta get that hydratube eventually too.
PM @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd . He can hook you up!

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
I just bought that silicone tube @sixstringsmash linked me. I even paid for expedited shipping. The shipping rate and the cost of the item was reasonable. Ended up being 11 dollars, 12 dollars cheaper than what herbalizer wants for theirs and that's before shipping costs.

I don't know about draw resistance, so idk how much of a difference it makes but I guess I will find out. I'm so glad I joined this forum.

WeAreVenom,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@jazzyvapeman While I don't know the exact size of screen I do know that it should be larger than the Herbalizer screens. Roughly the size of a nickel.

I use steel screens as they're non toxic. When they get gummed up just soak in iso and torch the remaining solids off the screen. I used the same pipe screen for 6 months until it eventually got lost.

Winegums,

yadoofer

I use a screen on top. I get that screen from a shop in town. It is stainless steel, and comes 5/.50c. This screen is ¾ inches in diameter. I press the screen in the center with my finger to dome it. It isn't as tight a weave as the Herbalizer screens, allowing air flow. I use both Herbalizer screens top and bottom. They measure out to ⅝". I clean everything carefully once a week in ISO. I brush out the bowl and screens after each use.

Justpassedu

Got my Herbalizer in for repair at the moment. Cannot not wait to get it. I sent it in to replace all plastic as the bottom is cracked & the bowl area will not come clean anymore , it has faded to yellow around it on the plastic part. Every cleaning method that usually works has not so i am willing to pay to make it new again. Also have a small buzzing sound when the unit heats up and my screen sometimes fades darker when i slightly press a button but not fully. They said they would check it all out so wish me luck. In the mean time i grabbed some new whip tubing and one of there cyber monday bundles that includes a new bowl , 4 bags , screens , hat and the grinder card. I really only wanted the bags and extra bowl but the price was ok to get the bundle.

jazzyvapeman

So after spending some time with the Herbalizer steamroller I wanted to share...

I'm a sensitive user, I was always the one coughing the most and loudest when I used to combust. I also have been using pretty low temps (typically around 330) to vape because of my sensitivity.

With the steamroller, it gets the vapor smoother than my Hydrabomb, so much so that I vaped at 445 yesterday and did not cough at all.

Hopefully they come out with a bent steamroller soon as I will be all over that.

MinnBobber

@jazzyvapeman ,

Here are a couple options to use a steamroller or any hydratube that's a "bong style"---straight tube, which I also dislike the ergonomics:

I had @Ratchett make a silicone adapter to allow either a glass mouthpiece which goes taller and over to you OR to add a whip which comes to you or is much easier for a group:

3D%203%20mp.jpg

3D%202%20whip.jpg

both work great and another option with the Song is too just use the long @Oregonglassblower (OGB) mouthpiece (kind of like a steamroller) with less diffusion, slightly more flavor yet still cools and smooths. Note that OGB does custom pieces so you can order the length, amount of bend, type of mouthpice etc----very nice pieces and exactly what you create :)
Vape on

jazzyvapeman

@jazzyvapeman ,

Here are a couple options to use a steamroller or any hydratube that's a "bong style"---straight tube, which I also dislike the ergonomics:

I had @Ratchett make a silicone adapter to allow either a glass mouthpiece which goes taller and over to you OR to add a whip which comes to you or is much easier for a group:

3D%203%20mp.jpg

3D%202%20whip.jpg

both work great and another option with the Song is too just use the long @Oregonglassblower (OGB) mouthpiece (kind of like a steamroller) with less diffusion, slightly more flavor yet still cools and smooths. Note that OGB does custom pieces so you can order the length, amount of bend, type of mouthpice etc----very nice pieces and exactly what you create :)
Vape on

Thank you for the suggestions. I want to stick with the steamroller so maybe an adapter and another part would work. My only concern is that the steamroller is tall already, adding another piece to make it ergonomic with sitting at my desk, it would have to be short enough (low angle, lots of bend) to make it work. Do you have any suggestions on where I might find a mouthpiece like that?

MinnBobber

Do you have any suggestions on where I might find a mouthpiece like that?

Do you like whips? the second pic is the MFLB (Magic flight launch box) whip which adds no height AND has a really nice wood handle hold, next to the glass adapter which actually makes a nice mouthpiece.
It's a little pricey ($30??) but works great.

OGB could do a shirty mouthpiece that bends out almost right away BUT that would be kind of "unbalanced"/ need constant hand holding

jazzyvapeman

Do you like whips? the second pic is the MFLB (Magic flight launch box) whip which adds no height AND has a really nice wood handle hold, next to the glass adapter which actually makes a nice mouthpiece.
It's a little pricey ($30??) but works great.

OGB could do a shirty mouthpiece that bends out almost right away BUT that would be kind of "unbalanced"/ need constant hand holding

I'm not a whip guy, I find that I lose potency with whips over bags and glass. When I get home I'll do some measurements and see what might work. Again, thanks for the suggestion, may change my life :)

MinnBobber

When I get home I'll do some measurements and see what might work. Again, thanks for the suggestion, may change my life :)
Actually, my go-to setup is Herbie with Hydratube direct---mouthpiece comes to you/correct height.
I like much better with the HT and minimal water vs a steamroller dry tube. Smooth smooth smooth and the added moisture is a game changer. For even more vaping pleasure, warm or hot water which adds more moisture AND condenses out less actives than cold water or a dry glass piece. Something for you to definitely try!!

Temp locked out of getting picture but will try to add later---
HT with mouthpiece that comes out to you vs you having to bend into/directly over Herbie

jazzyvapeman

Actually, my go-to setup is Herbie with Hydratube direct---mouthpiece comes to you/correct height.
I like much better with the HT and minimal water vs a steamroller dry tube. Smooth smooth smooth and the added moisture is a game changer. For even more vaping pleasure, warm or hot water which adds more moisture AND condenses out less actives than cold water or a dry glass piece. Something for you to definitely try!!

Temp locked out of getting picture but will try to add later---
HT with mouthpiece that comes out to you vs you having to bend into/directly over Herbie

I have the adapter and have tried HT (bomb) on the Herbie, but have gotten water in the Herbie several times. Luckily he's a beast and has stood up to that, but I don't want to risk it again. I also found the draw to be rather tight even though the Hydrabomb is supposed to have the best draw of VapeXhale's waterpipe offerings.

I actually find the steamroller to be smoother. I cough with the Hydrabomb on temps over 380, but not with the steamroller, I'm not sure why exactly but it may be something to do with the glass surface area the vapor is covering, being larger with the steamroller?

jazzyvapeman,

HugeBeard

I just completed a successful experiment with my Evo and Herbalizer, and thought I should share.
Hypothesis: The Evo and Herbalizer can be used together, at the same time, for double the fun.
Experiment:
- Both devices packed
- Whip on top of the Evo
- Evo (carefully balanced by hand) on the Herbalizer bowl
- Herbalizer fan ON
Results: Flavorful cloud explosion. Hypothesis confirmed.

HugeBeard,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I just completed a successful experiment with my Evo and Herbalizer, and thought I should share.
Hypothesis: The Evo and Herbalizer can be used together, at the same time, for double the fun.
Experiment:
- Both devices packed
- Whip on top of the Evo
- Evo (carefully balanced by hand) on the Herbalizer bowl
- Herbalizer fan ON
Results: Flavorful cloud explosion. Hypothesis confirmed.

I double vape with my mighty and Herbalizer through a claisen and into my water piece for fun sometimes.

I should up load a pic sometime. It's total overkill and would get just about anyone wrecked.

Winegums,

kcmochris

I get a much better draw from the steamroller, and since it's so smooth I don't find a need to water cool unless I'm on high temps. For that I just fill a bag and run it through the hydrabomb.

The steamroller is super smooth. Esp @ 420..highest I'll go without maxing out (445F) for sleep mode.

It will. I've recently embraced it...I feel like the Herbalizer extracts with precision--a worthy investment. The steamroller is highly recommendable -- thanks to @turk and all others on this forum. The water sports (read:EVO glass) scared me with the Herbie...I considered. But glad I waited for this specific accessory. I'm cool with this (and a portable) for a while.

Hopefully they come out with a bent steamroller soon as I will be all over that.

My only concern is that the steamroller is tall already

I actually like this, but I understand where you were going...Bent steam roller.

kcmochris,

HugeBeard

The box for my Chong's Choice has a list of accessories pictured on it, and it includes "Streamroller Bent"

HugeBeard,

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
The silicone whip I ordered came in the mail today. The first thing I noticed is that the diameter is very, very, very LARGE! Much larger than the diameter of the standard whip packaged with the herbalizer.

I now totally understand what @Winegums meant by draw resistance. With this 3/8 in silicone whip the herbalizer truly packs a punch! I had to try it out as soon as I got it and maaan I am wrecked right now.

I had the temperature ramped up to about 425 degrees and I did not cough at all. The GONG 10-14mm adapter actually makes for a very nice mouth piece. I use it more than the metal piece and I directly draw from it more than I use my bong nowadays. I don't care if that's not its intention. I like using it that way. I get great hits and blow big clouds too :)

Last edited:

jazzyvapeman

My technique of holding the Herbie angled so I can hit the steamroller sitting down has been working well actually and I feel I'm keeping Herbie safe now that I've done it so many times.

Today I figured out a new technique which may only work for me because I'm tall (6'2). Instead of hitting the steamroller like a bong with your lips inside the steamroller, instead try putting your lips over the top (diameter isn't huge), hard to explain exactly, but sort of like how you put your lips on the edge of the pax 2/3 with the flat mp. I can post a picture later on if anyone wants, maybe this only seems brilliant to me because of how good Herbie works :leaf::rockon::leaf:, but this is working well for me so much so that I don't see the need to further mod with more glass that bends.

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
Can someone help me out with "reclaim" ?

Apparently you can get oils from your whip after using it and vape those too. How do you extract those oils and vape them? That would be cool.

I keep learning so much.

WeAreVenom,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Mostly just scrape out the end of the whip near the bowl. Then put that sticky stuff on some herb or the ss pads and vape it! There's usually a good amount of goo behind the top screen too.

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
What temperatures do you guys prefer?

For the flavor I really like the 340-350 range, but the high at 425 degrees is AMAAAAAAAAZING!

WeAreVenom,
Reactions: Madcap79
Top Bottom