The Herbalizer

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
What temperatures do you guys prefer?

For the flavor I really like the 340-350 range, but the high at 425 degrees is AMAAAAAAAAZING!
I usually run in the 330-375 range in the daytime (depending on the strain) and I like 400-430 at night for relaxing.

Madcap79,
Reactions: 6079Smith

kcmochris

330-350.........taste test
350-375.....wake-n-bake (before work), esp. days I have a lot of to-do's
375............my sweet spot. Perfect intersection of flavor meeting vapor production
391............another sweet spot; for daytime, & medicating but not overtly high
405-428.....bedtime or pain management. 420 is ideal temp in this range (for me)
445............insomniac nights & for friends who smoke vs vape

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
The herbalizer is not idiot proof.

If you happen to misplace just one half of the magnetic bowl YOU ARE FUCKED!

I fucking hate small parts. I should just leave the bowl attached every time i am done.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The herbalizer is not idiot proof.

If you happen to misplace just one half of the magnetic bowl YOU ARE FUCKED!

I fucking hate small parts. I should just leave the bowl attached every time i am done.

I always always leave the bowl together with my domed screen inside. The number of times I've lost my stupid domed screen is crazy.

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
How often do you guys change/clean your screens?

It's been about 2 weeks since I had mine. It will still be a while before I can afford shipping from the herbalizer site to buy more screens.

Justpassedu

How often do you guys change/clean your screens?

It's been about 2 weeks since I had mine. It will still be a while before I can afford shipping from the herbalizer site to buy more screens.
A good soak in some ISO will get your screens clean again , a big thing with many vapes is keeping your screens clean. When dirty you will notice vapor production dropping off. Cleaning really depends on your usage but I'd say about every 5-10 sessions is a good practice. You don't have to use herbalizer screens , you can order from anyplace that's cheaper , just make sure they are bigger and than cut them down to size. I got like 100 pack of screens awhile back for around $5 shipped and been using them for all my vapes and just cut them down to size .

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Madcap79

mixchu69

Hmm. I'm wondering if I change screens (non-herbalizer screen) if I'll get more vapor output with less cleaning. Maybe come at the expense of more particulate coming thru, but I run it thru water

MinnBobber

Hmm. I'm wondering if I change screens (non-herbalizer screen) if I'll get more vapor output with less cleaning. Maybe come at the expense of more particulate coming thru, but I run it thru water
..............................................................................................
I did not like the Herbie top screen (which got clogged with herb particles) nor the top half of Herbie chamber which seemed to come unscrewed and didn't like messing with the complete chamber when done with a session so I converted to only the bottom half chamber + a miniVAP Flexicone module.
Herbie%20w%20SB%20capsule.jpg

Pic shows a S & B dosing capsule in the half chamber as I experimented with that but like the MV Flexicone pictured much better.
Flexi has an internal screen added and I actually also added a tiny, thin piece of degummed hemp fiber to filter out those micro tiny herb particles that get sucked upstream into your mouthpiece or mouth or water piece.

Slip the @Ratchett Herbie Song silicone adapter over the Flexi/chamber and you can :
- use hydratube or
- whip can attach to Ratchett Song much more securely than the Herbie whip attaches to stock top chamber/ IMO that's not as secure as it should be.
I'd show pic but locked out of my Photobucket acct/ get notice that bucket is private. Happened once before and got back in/ don't know what I did/ hope I get back in again :(

You can also use with JUST the bottom chamber and Flex (direct) + HT BUT that connection is not as good as with Ratchett Delta 3D Studio Herbie Song. With the Flexi direct, you can get a little air leakage if fit onto HT is not perfect. With Herbie Song it is always a perfect airtight seal :)

Last edited:

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
So I have my screen soaking in some ISO right now.

About how long does it take to clean and how do I preserve the oil that will eventually be extracted? Or do I need to do something other than soak it in ISO?

Justpassedu

So I have my screen soaking in some ISO right now.

About how long does it take to clean and how do I preserve the oil that will eventually be extracted? Or do I need to do something other than soak it in ISO?
What i do is put them in some iso in a ziplock bag and give them a good shake , some times i will take a old toothbrush and scrub a bit or just leave it some iso over night. Shaking and scrubbing will help get all those tiny particles out that you cant see. For reclaiming the oil you can use some everclear alcohol or Vodka and than leave it out maybe on a heater or just out to evaporate. Some use other methods and iso also but not 100% sure on what kind , here is a good thread to read and learn more about it - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-clean-vape-parts-and-reclaim-resin.795/

Justpassedu

^So if i leave the oil in the alcohol and it will eventually evaporate?
Yes if you leave it out it will evaporate but be sure that the alcohol you are using is safe for human consumption . Read through the link i just posted , you will find a number of ways to do it just from the 1st post and than as you read more even more methods. There are also ways to speed up the evaporation method so i'd take a read as it can be done safely if you are good at following directions & proper safety. Some will heat it up but it can also be flammable , i am not a expert and have only reclaimed a few times and usually prefer not to as i always have a nice stash at hand .

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
I cleaned my screen only to drop it and lose it because carpets hide screens very well.

That's amazing. Just absolutely terrific >_>

EDIT: I can't afford screens from the herbalizer site because they have ridiculous shipping rates. How do I cut a screen down to size? I'm afraid if I cut a screen I won't retain the circular shape. I am on my last screen from the company too and these clog up extremely fast.

Last edited:
WeAreVenom,

Justpassedu

I cleaned my screen only to drop it and lose it because carpets hide screens very well.

That's amazing. Just absolutely terrific >_>

EDIT: I can't afford screens from the herbalizer site because they have ridiculous shipping rates. How do I cut a screen down to size? I'm afraid if I cut a screen I won't retain the circular shape. I am on my last screen from the company too and these clog up extremely fast.
Try and use something with a magnet around the carpet to find that screen . When I recently moved we lost a important screw for a price of furniture to a big shag carpet , took hours to find , than I broke the magnet out adapter realizing. I use a curved pair of scissors that I found in the store to cut them to size. I think women usually use them to trim there nails so you can prob find them in the store , it makes it easier but can Be done with reg scissors also , id place a regular screen herbalizer screen over the other and cut it to size carefully , tracing around it .

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The Herbalizer screens are a bit too fine in my experience and will clog extremely fast. You're better off trimming down screens that have a course mesh that blocks most of the particles. A whip will get sticky inside and will trap small particles that may come through.

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
I just bought this to use with my herbalizer:
http://delta3dstudios.com/magic-flight-finishing-grinder-funnel/

I normally don't like orange things, but I thought the orange looked good with the cherry finish as shown in the model so I got that color. I have a cherry MFLB already and purchased a matching Cherry finishing grinder last week (still anxiously awaiting my delivery). I saw on the net that the FG has problems being used with other desktop vapes and then I came across this!

I honestly bought the MFFG to use with the MFLB exclusively, but that was just wayyyy too good to pass up. I hope it works as awesome as it looks. At only $9.50 I had to grab it.

Thank you @Ratchett for making quality products at such a reasonable price. I bet if Magic Flight made that funnel out of wood and "with love" I would be paying close to $40 after it's all said and done.

Justpassedu

I just bought this to use with my herbalizer:
http://delta3dstudios.com/magic-flight-finishing-grinder-funnel/

I normally don't like orange things, but I thought the orange looked good with the cherry finish as shown in the model so I got that color. I have a cherry MFLB already and purchased a matching Cherry finishing grinder last week (still anxiously awaiting my delivery). I saw on the net that the FG has problems being used with other desktop vapes and then I came across this!

I honestly bought the MFFG to use with the MFLB exclusively, but that was just wayyyy too good to pass up. I hope it works as awesome as it looks. At only $9.50 I had to grab it.

Thank you @Ratchett for making quality products at such a reasonable price. I bet if Magic Flight made that funnel out of wood and "with love" I would be paying close to $40 after it's all said and done.
I sold my launch box years ago but always liked the finishing grinder , i never used it much as it was to small but i was actually the 1 that had delta 3d studios @Ratchett design that grinder funnel grip for me and everyone else due to the grinder being so small and hurting my hands. I am glad you found it , it works great by the way. I love how the grinder almost turns my flowers in to kief , i only use it with certain vapes as some don't work well with to fine of a grind.

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
I came to this forum just to talk with other like minded people who also vape their herb.

Had no idea it would actually make a difference in my cannabis experience. I really enjoy everything about vaporizing weed, even the idea. It's just wow....amazing.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I bet if Magic Flight made that funnel out of wood and "with love" I would be paying close to $40 after it's all said and done.
As a lover of mflb and them being my only vape for my first few years of vaping ... I find this very amusing and accurate. Everyone wants love man, why do you think hookers exist? MFLB is our community prostitute, and we love them for it!

Originally wandered over to this thread because I'm looking for Christmas presents for people to get me ... unfortunately no one buys me vape :(
Hoping one day I can join the Herbie Community, nothing like feeling like you're vaping through a Mac.

All my vapes are analogue except for my GH, but I still really want temperature control at some point in my life. I always had the idea that the Herbie provides an airy hit though as opposed to thick...not sure why this is in my head and it's not really based off anything ... any clear ups there?

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
As a lover of mflb and them being my only vape for my first few years of vaping ... I find this very amusing and accurate. Everyone wants love man, why do you think hookers exist? MFLB is our community prostitute, and we love them for it!

Originally wandered over to this thread because I'm looking for Christmas presents for people to get me ... unfortunately no one buys me vape :(
Hoping one day I can join the Herbie Community, nothing like feeling like you're vaping through a Mac.

All my vapes are analogue except for my GH, but I still really want temperature control at some point in my life. I always had the idea that the Herbie provides an airy hit though as opposed to thick...not sure why this is in my head and it's not really based off anything ... any clear ups there?

"MFLB is our community prostitute"

I like that. I actually just purchased accessories for my MFLB. I actually love my MFLB it was my first vape and it's the reason I own a herbalizer today. I actually bought my cherry MFLB at a headshop 2 years ago and back then I absolutely hated it. I couldn't figure out how to use it and when I did the vapor output was weak as shit. However, I eventually learned with the MFLB whispy and damn near invisible to the naked eye vapor is what you want. I also kept fucking up and combusting my herb. 2 years later I approached my MFLB with an open mind and boy oh BOY! I was GONE! After I realized how high I was with such a small amount of weed I had finally seen the light. Getting just as high and making my weed last 5 times as long was the ultimate selling point for me. That's when I decided to research desktop vapes. I wanted a whip style vape more than a bag style, but I almost pulled the trigger on a volcano digi. I was watching the review from the vape critic (this guy is like the roger ebert of vapes, his name is in every fucking headshop) on youtube and saw the "herbalizer vs. volcano" on the side and the herbalizer review. I clicked the review first because I wanted to watch both reviews before a comparison. I didn't even make it to the comparison, after I watched the vape critic review this I was SOLD!!!!! I was like "OOOOOO I WANT THAT ONE!" and all of a sudden my bank account was -$475 (black friday sale) and 2 days later I was pressing the on and off button laughing at stupid shit like "He said his name is RALPH, man!" and "I think we're parked" because I'm stoned off my fucking ass.

I was rolling a gram at a time in my backwoods. At $40 for every eighth while smoking every day that shit got really expensive really quickly. On top of that I had to buy Backwoods. At $6.50 for a pack of 5, Backwoods are the most expensive blunts you can buy. I was spending $70 a week on a quarter ounce plus $6.50 two or three times a week. Now I just buy my weed and go straight home. No extra trips to the gas station, no need to buy blunts, no looking for the lighter. Switching to vaporizing not only saves me money, but it saves me valuable time. Getting where I need to be is so quick and easy now.

My herbalizer is actually a nice conversation piece too. While I have yet to convince my friends to discard their lighters and join us in paradise, the herbalizer does not fail to impress. In looks as well as performance.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I know we have owned a few of the same vapes , I'll have my herbalizer soon & try and get you some solid info on it compared to my others. I recently got one but some of the plastic was cracked and i like all my vapes to be mint so i sent it in for repair. Should be around another week before it gets back in my hands. Nobody buys me vapes either , my girl doesn't mind buying for me but the ones i like are expensive and i feel bad making her spend so much plus the one time she bought me a vape from a company called gotvape she had nothing but horror stories. She was charged twice , the vape (goboof Alfa) arrived broken , sent in and it was just nothing but trouble. We had to fight it with the credit card company and it was a long process. I usually just buy what i want now on my own . Anyway happy holidays , temp control is cool but out of all my vapes analog or digital i usually always stick with the same temp and just work my way up usually. It's always nice to see and have a lcd screen though. I believe the Herbalizer is oled though , even better.

Also @WeAreVenom , Herbalizer just emailed me some info i'd like to share with you as i wait for mine to return from repair :

Screens
For the best Herbie efficiency, we definitely recommend cleaning your bowl screens regularly. The best cleaning solution is isopropyl alcohol (ISO.) The mesh in our screens is very fine, so after a few uses they may be filled with sticky residue, even if they look clean upon first glance inside your bowl.

• Pop out both the top and bottom screens with the end of your cleaning brush, soak those in ISO for at least 15 minutes and clean off with the brush or cloth before then placing them back inside of your bowl.
• We also recommend soaking the 2 bowl pieces in ISO, though it's best to remove the rubber cool grips first and separate out the screens for a thorough cleaning.
• The screens will also get less "gunky" and allow for better airflow if you use a medium grind for your product and only fill the bowl halfway. Also fill your bowl very loosely, as opposed to packing medicine down. You only really need a few pinches of herb for a session.

Filling your Bowl
Any herb that might be on the same surface as the unit can be sucked up through the vent at the bottom. So it helps to not fill the bowl directly over or around the unit, and to rid your surface of medicine and dust before turning on your unit.

Aromapads
A little goes a long way when vaping concentrates, oils and waxes or using finely ground materials in your bowl. We recommend using a stacking method with your Herbalizer's aroma pads within the bowl:
• Place a clean pad in the bottom of your bowl, and the one used for direct materials on top - this prevents any dripping into your oven.
• If you mix materials with herb in your bowl, also place a clean pad in the bottom of your bowl first to collect any residue.
• You may clean the aromapads in isopropyl alcohol, just as you would your screens.
• When using the aromatherapy mode and the pad slot with essential oils, you only need one or two drops.
• We also recommend placing a small amount of ISO on a Q-tip or rag to clean the aromapad slot of essential oil residue after use

Balloons
One trick to lengthen balloon life is to make sure a clear air path is present before inflating it with vapor.
• Blow a bit of your own air into the mouthpiece before placing the balloon on your bowl to vape.
• Hold the top of the balloon straight up and down while it fills, rather than leaving it on the bowl while you walk away.
• Try switching between balloon and whip use to lengthen the life of each accessory.

Surge Protector
We recommend always plugging your Herbalizer into a surge protector, just as you would with any computer.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

Southern Chef

This may already be out there but I don't recall reading anything about it.

Last night I realized that I had left my Steamroller in the car. I had loaned it to a friend and forgot to bring it in the house when I picked it up. Anyway....it was cold out...right around freezing ... and my Steamroller was really cold. Coolest, smoothest vapor I've ever had.

I'm a big fan of the Steamroller anyway but wow....whole new experience.

Top Bottom