The Herbalizer

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hey guys...
I can't wait for the international version of this vaporizer...
I wanted this vaporizer for such a long time...from day 1 honestly!

My question is...will this vape for good as a "party vaporizer" ?
What I mean, I have the EVO, and its incredible, but I find not not ideal for lets say, 4 people, as it is fragile and not as easy to pass around...

This one however, seems like the proper sharing device, and it can load .5g, correct?

I wouldn't consider the Herbalizer a party vape. It's good for 3 people at the most. The bowl is a bit small for any more people than that. It's also very expensive and I wouldn't want it damaged.

The bags would be my choice for a group setting and it would probably take two bowl loads for 4 people to get decently baked.

Winegums,
Reactions: c76man

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I wouldn't consider the Herbalizer a party vape. It's good for 3 people at the most. The bowl is a bit small for any more people than that. It's also very expensive and I wouldn't want it damaged.

The bags would be my choice for a group setting and it would probably take two bowl loads for 4 people to get decently baked.

Cheers.
Still, its harder to damage it than the EVO ;)

I wouldn't get it for "partying", but just as an added value...

Bags lol...been such a while since I've used them, but it can be the best solution at the end...

m0sh,

6079Smith

Cheers.
Still, its harder to damage it than the EVO ;)

I wouldn't get it for "partying", but just as an added value...

Bags lol...been such a while since I've used them, but it can be the best solution at the end...

While I would certainly not want Herbie present at some of the rowdier events I've attended.. I think you are correct in thinking it can accommodate a party of people well with less fragility than Evo. No delicate exposed glass or stuck joints, along with a lower profile and center of gravity. My Evo w/ ht and Herbie were almost the same price, so I feel like I'm risking less using Herbie due to the form factor.

I'm not a bag guy, either, but if I had a group over I'd get a few going to knock out the lightweights, then bust out the concentrates and attach the whip to glass for whoever might be left or used to combustion. Herbie will pump out the vapor all day, quite literally with the fan, the limiting factor is the repack of the load. The bowl is sizable as is, concentrates really make it last. If you had two in rotation you could have some endless sessions.

Just Justin

Don't know if this has been mentioned but for those who have a floppy tube that bends and kinks near the chamber, you can either use a larger tube on the outside like the Storz and Bickel Plenty clear tube pieces work great and re-enforce the whip so it will stand straight and not kink.
dsc0295-7.jpg

Also, Arizer Extreme Q glass "Elbow Adapter" ($9.00) is nearly perfect for the Herbalizers chamber and fits over the top, allowing your whip to connect at 90 Degrees, so no more kinking or falling out and it spins, making moving around / passing the whip smooth and fun. It's nice to see the vapor in the glass too and it cools your vapor even more. I just found a Cloud Atomizer O-Ring that I put at the base of the Herbalizer's Chambers neck to seal the connection of the Elbow better and acts as a shock absorber. You can even run the fan perfectly without any vapor escaping. Gravity is enough to keep a pretty tighht seal but you could find a different O-Ring or something to hold the Elbow tightly in place but I haven't found a need or a proper tube or O-Ring to make it right.
dsc0292-7.jpg

dsc0293-7.jpg

Last edited:

MinnBobber

My question is...will this vape for good as a "party vaporizer" ?
What I mean, I have the EVO, and its incredible, but I find not not ideal for lets say, 4 people, as it is fragile and not as easy to pass around...
It certainly should work as a party vape, especially since it can be used soooo many different ways. You can fill a bag for the "bagger" folks and then slip on a @Ratchett Herbie Song which then offers up :
- direct hose into Song for a MUCH better connection than the stock Herbie hose connection which leaves something to be desired. Can be used with or without fan assist
- long glass mouthpiece onto the song (picture below) for cooled down and hard hitting action, with the Herbie fan assist or without. Or the similar "Steamroller" dry glass tube.

Herbie%20%20OGB%20glass%20mp.jpg

- with the Song and a hydratube for ultimate smooth and cool and moisturized vapor. Can use water ranging from cold to hot in the HT. Can use fan assist or not. Pic below:
Herbie%20mV2%20HT.jpg

- can use with Song and whip connector to any bubbler. For party use the whip could be any length to aid passing the bubbler. Fan assist or just lung power.
Herbie%20MFLB%20Ion.jpg

If your party goers get bored with all those options, tell em to go home :)

I think it can easily handle a vape party.

Justpassedu

Hi all , quick question is Herbalizer still in business ? If so what is the warranty on a new unit ? How would you compare it's vapor output to the Evo ? Ty

Justpassedu,

m0sh

Thanks guys!

Justpassedu - while I cannot answer the vapor quality, since I don't have Herbalizer I can say for certain, its still in business.

Its probably the best vaporizer on the market, it has so many great features and great body quality...its not fragile like the EVO, but if the EVO suits your needs, I don't think its worth to get this one as well.

I myself don't feel good when using the EVO with a bunch of friends, I'm too scared...

I can safely say that vapor quality is the bomb, and as a medical vaporizer, its your best bet.

Soon enough we'll see the international version, and I cannot wait for it...

My only issue is the price...but, well, quality costs more and worth even more!

Concupiscient

It is a top of the line, thread recommended, product with easy add-ons, (see comments in this thread), and has a learning curve.
Be patient with yourself while having fun learning.
Medicates every time for me regardless of start setting - and am only using origwhip.

:wave:

Concupiscient,

virtualpurple

I still think their quality control on accessories is terrible. Their cool grip bowl covers lose shape all the time, I experience vapor escape from the bowl every time I use it without @Ratchett's adapter. And the quality of their bags (specifically the mouthpiece) are unimpressive.

It's a cool vape that looks great but loses some of its appeal due to the flaws they haven't addressed now for several years.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I agree. The vape is really solid but the parts that go with it could use an update. The whip, bags and screen system all could be improved. There's an amazing amount of built in restriction from the stock parts. I can't remember the last time I used the stock whip or bags since switching to better parts.

I'm still loving my solid-squeeze valve hybrid that I posted a while back. I also highly recommend replacing the stock tubing with a thicker and wider tube that slips over the herb chamber stem.

MinnBobber

I agree. The vape is really solid but the parts that go with it could use an update. The whip, bags and screen system all could be improved.
@Winegums and @virtualpurple ,

X3, the unit is awesome but the peripherals could use an update. It's like a car with superb engine , handling, performance BUT the air condit and power windows are kind of quirky.

I worked around it by only using the bottom chamber and the miniVAP Flexicones so I don't use the stock whip, bags, screens. Much easier loading and never have to clean Herbie bowl or screens
Since we are not legal yet, meaning no group use, I don't use bags YET. In the future I'll be very interested in exploring the Volcano valve re-purposing for Herbie!

So, a top level versatile desktop with some wonky attachments but better than a unit with great attachments but the unit itself is not great!

virtualpurple

@MinnBobber i appreciate your personal technique. My flexcone does not stay put in the bottom of the hydratube. My hydratube has also broken since then.

I believe you are getting the most positive results often times. But replacing my hydratube and a different flexcone can get pretty expensive.

virtualpurple,

stressed

i don't know if you other balloon users have tried this yet, but i found out that the volcano solid valve, valve, fits beautifully into the bottom of ratchet's song V2.

i put the pointy end down into the top of my bubbler, then put the solid valve into it and then take hits though some tubing i had laying around from my extreme Q. the song V2 also has the top rubber thing off of the herbie bowl inside the V2, to make the seal even tighter.

works great!

i use it the other way around to take hits directly from herbie's tubing through the bubbler.

on another note:
i don't use anything to make the bowl smaller. i put .05 in there and it works fine. i'm sure it would work fine for less too. what am i missing here? are you just keeping the screen clean by doing this?

i bought a 24 pack of screens . i change them every morning, put the dirty ones into rubbing alcohol . sometimes twice a day unless i have shatter. then i change the screen every few of bags.

i am going though 1.5 grams a day. either my tolerance has gone up considerably from when i was only doing .75 or i was just growing better weed then i have bought.

we didn't legalize (arizona) this time around so i can't grow pot and save money. $750 this month (2 oz of 4 different genetics and 2 grams of shatter). i was reading that the average pot buyer spends under $70-0 a year! :lol: it'll last more than a month though.

Last edited:
stressed,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Degummed hemp fiber w/oil from pre filled cart work? How bout oil on the pads?
The prefilled cartridges should work with the fibre.

The oil pads have a tendency to flip in the air stream soaking the bottom screen with concentrate. I would suggest using both pads that come with the vape and placing a small piece of concentrate on top of one pad then dropping the other on top. This will also prevent the concentrates from sticking to your top screen and gumming it up. Of course you don't need a top screen when using two pads or concentrates though,( I always keep a screen in my top section).

I had a bad experience once, putting herb in my herbalizer and not realizing it didn't have top screen in it. Lets just say that, a slightly dirty (sticky) tube + fresh fine ground green crack + a good hard water piece pull - the top screen = one very sad FCer, a tube coated with green herb, and a plugged water piece. I loaded my mighty and got to cleaning, but that was bummer.

m0sh

So...regarding the parts that needs update...do you know if the developers are aware of that? or care?
I hope that the international version will have better stock parts....

So if I want a whip, I should get a 3rd party whip?

m0sh,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So...regarding the parts that needs update...do you know if the developers are aware of that? or care?
I hope that the international version will have better stock parts....

So if I want a whip, I should get a 3rd party whip?
I highly doubt anyone from the new Herbalizer team cares about this forum or even checks it. So there's little chance that any of the problems will be addressed with a new unit. This is after all the company that kicked out the original inventors who used to talk with the people who bought their vape.

If you want a whip, look for food grade platinum cured silicone tubing that is the correct size to slip over the herbie stem. The stock whip adaptor has a tiny opening in it which only restricts airflow and gets gummed up quick.

m0sh

I highly doubt anyone from the new Herbalizer team cares about this forum or even checks it. So there's little chance that any of the problems will be addressed with a new unit. This is after all the company that kicked out the original inventors who used to talk with the people who bought their vape.

If you want a whip, look for food grade platinum cured silicone tubing that is the correct size to slip over the herbie stem. The stock whip adaptor has a tiny opening in it which only restricts airflow and gets gummed up quick.

I still have the EQ glass connector for the whip...is that what I need to replace?

Silicone tubing is easy for me to get.

m0sh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I still have the EQ glass connector for the whip...is that what I need to replace?

Silicone tubing is easy for me to get.

If you're talking about the elbow adapter, then yes. That's what I install and remove from my Herbalizer tubing all the time. It's nice having tubing I don't have to cut when I want to remove an adapter!

stickstones,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Got a new herbie today guys, gimme a quick rundown of the most needed to know things about it.

Keep it clean

Use a secondary "domed" screen on the top side. This increases airflow and reduces clogging of the top screen.

Buy larger diameter tubing that slips over the herb chamber stem. This also increases air flow.

The herbie bags are really bad and I would not recommend buying additional bags. You're far better off getting a volcano solid valve and either getting a delta 3D 14mm/18mm song or doing my squeeze valve mod. Please ask me if you need more info on bags.

Play with heat settings on the herbie. The temperature accuracy of the unit is by far the strongest attribute of the vape. Different strains require different heat settings for the best effects. Example would be green crack which requires high heat to get the sativa effects.

Herbalizers are amazing vapes that will not fail you providing years of service even with daily use.

Top Bottom