Discontinued The Herbalizer

stressed

Since getting Herbie over 2 1/2 years ago, she has almost always been on my desk ready for action.
Some months were spent at friends houses and some spent in her box while i messed around with other vapes. She was delegated as my back up vape... A very expensive back up vape...

My main beef with Herbie is the bowl size.
I do not mind the lighter straw colored ABV as Herbie always gets me where i needed to be.
She produces copious amounts of vapor that is tasty and strong.
She does amazing concentrate bags as well.
Dry, bag or WT all were very good.
Just that big bowl...

Then came the MiniVap Flexicone mod.
This was and still is excellent for keeping the bowl clean.
For me that was the only advantage and it was a hassle with more parts and not as easy to connect to my WT's.
I only use this method when using my HydraTube now and it is perfection!

I have tried baskets, reducers of sorts etc... and nothing met my expectations.... Until a few days ago!

Needing to reduce the bowl size i went through my scrap drawer to see what i could use.
I found a Boro test tube that had a lip slightly bigger than the bowl, hmmmm....
A bit of grinding with a diamond bit to reduce the diameter till it was a snug fit, then a quick polish using the plumbers torch. I then reduced the height till it fit perfectly against the top of the bowl when closed.
The bow has now been reduced by 3mm!
I then placed a SS screen that i can move up and down to increase or decrease bowl size even more.

Almost instant vapor production now, still has that great taste and effect!
Think there may be slightly more conduction going on deeper into the session but not very noticeable at all.
A great little mod that Herbalizer should make as an option! A simple Boro tube that slips into the standard bowl with an adjustable screen!
Maybe even one of our members that blow glass could make these up??

Herbie is back on the desk again!
Super fast heat ups as always and super efficient now!
my first table top vaporizer used small test tubes. i wish i could remember the name of that thing. it was 1999 and things were just getting good.

it had a heating unit. you would put bud into the test tube, put the tube into the heating unit and toke through a whip that you would stick into the top of the tube.

i should have kept it. it was pretty cool looking and worked well but i didn't know how to use a vaporizer correctly and i put into the closet of unused toys.

mnd99

I apologize if this question has been answered a thousand times. What are some methods/adapters other than the Song adapter to attach the Herbie to glass? I have seen lots of video where they are using some kind of whip tubing to pair it with glass? The goal is to mate to 14mm female glass.

mnd99,

MinnBobber

....a tommy Chong herbalizer...who would have known...lol
and Herbalizer site talks about Prop AF;
Have you heard about Measure AF, to regulate and tax medical cannabis in Mendocino County? Well, Tommy Chong feels strongly that it’s important to vote YES and here’s why, directly from the Mendocino Heritage Initiative of 2016:

Vote Yes on AF to protect local farms, safeguard our natural resources, and strengthen enforcement of illegal activity. Regulation and taxation of the industry will increase public safety and provide crucial funds for roads, mental health, and emergency & fire services.
Anybody know the details of AF???

MinnBobber,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
886d8a0d-cf79-4067-ba64-5a8c4091b271.jpg

:peace:

turk

turk
...he's paid his dues...the man wrote "does you mama know about me" back in the 60's-70's...

turk,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@turk I know what you mean bro!
We bought the Limited edition for that reason, it was limited, supposedly...
Either way, i have some space age vape gear here that works like a bomb!

I also see the new Chong version has a new feature, adjustable presets you can jump to.
Quite cool!

Giving Herbie some love tonight with my new setup!
The @MinnBobber MiniVap mod but i now use a thin glass tube, 12 inches long as a steam roller type thingy!
Works and hits like a champ with small loads!!!

MinnBobber

Giving Herbie some love tonight with my new setup!
The @MinnBobber MiniVap mod but i now use a thin glass tube, 12 inches long as a steam roller type thingy!
Works and hits like a champ with small loads!!!
Picture is slightly off as it's the miniVAP flexicone module stuck into @Ratchett Herbie Song stuck onto bottom half of Herbie bowl with @OGB long glass mouthpiece. That setup stands up my itself for picture :) and is a very decent setup.

My usual setup is the direct setup:
miniVAP flexicone sitting diectly in bottom Herbie bowl with hydratube directly on top ( or OGB mouthpiece directly on flexicone). That setup won't stand upright by itself for pic :(
Like @lazylathe said, that long glass mouthpiece is like a Steamroller setup, but much cheaper and a tad more flavor than a steamroller.
Lotsa good ways to use Herbie :)
And X2 that the Flexicone works very well with micro doses

Herbie%20%20OGB%20glass%20mp.jpg

Last edited:

ReifierReefer

Best of luck---hope it's just a temp shutdown.

As far as spilling water goes, think about water being dumped on a halogen bulb (or any hot bulb) and the thermal shock --- yikes.
If still not working, maybe it just needs a new bulb--if the original bulb cracked?

Let us know how it turns out

Unfortunately my Herbie did indeed break. I sent it in to Herbalizer and it took a couple of days for them to repair it and ship it back to me. I didn't mention that the malfunction was caused by water damage because I irrationally feared I would be told my Herbie was totaled (average repair according to the CS rep I talked to is $40, though sometimes as high as $75). The engineering team found that the malfunction was caused by a burned out resistor, nothing was mentioned about water damage.

I'm not the original owner of my Herbalizer so they weren't able to honor the warranty and told me I would be responsible for shipping and repair fees, but after the repair was completed I got an email from the rep I had been conversing with letting me know that this time fees were on the house... so awesome. My takeaway from this is that, and I don't say this lightly, Herbalizer is simply the GOAT.

Edit - Some components were upgraded and my Herbie got a software update, essentially just upgraded to the current version of the Herbalizer

Vap2.0user

Have you ever done a side by side with the Steamroller?

Picture is slightly off as it's the miniVAP flexicone module stuck into @Ratchett Herbie Song stuck onto bottom half of Herbie bowl with @OGB long glass mouthpiece. That setup stands up my itself for picture :) and is a very decent setup.

My usual setup is the direct setup:
miniVAP flexicone sitting diectly in bottom Herbie bowl with hydratube directly on top ( or OGB mouthpiece directly on flexicone). That setup won't stand upright by itself for pic :(
Like @lazylathe said, that long glass mouthpiece is like a Steamroller setup, but much cheaper and a tad more flavor than a steamroller.
Lotsa good ways to use Herbie :)
And X2 that the Flexicone works very well with micro doses

Herbie%20%20OGB%20glass%20mp.jpg

In the most recent email Herbalizer sent out they said

We’ve been super busy with a new product we are developing. It’s been a labor of love, we've learned a lot. There has been no shortage of all-nighters and it has cost us quite a bit of time and money.

Anybody know what they are working on? Hopefully a portable!

Last edited by a moderator:

Radiocitysuicide

In the most recent email Herbalizer sent out they said

We’ve been super busy with a new product we are developing. It’s been a labor of love, we've learned a lot. There has been no shortage of all-nighters and it has cost us quite a bit of time and money.

Anybody know what they are working on? Hopefully a portable!

I selfishly hope it's not a new desktop unit as I just bought one!

Radiocitysuicide,
Reactions: kcmochris

MinnBobber

Have you ever done a side by side with the Steamroller?
I never had the Steamroller and @Oregonglassblower glass mouthpiece side by for comparison. I tried the Steamroller a couple times and it works great with 3 caveats:
1. I'm not a fan of "bong style" pieces, straight tubes, because of the user ergonomics where you have to be bent over so much.
That's why for my SSFG HT, I had @Ratchett do a silicone insert that allows for a whip----bring the mouthpiece to you instead of vice versa.
3D%202%20whip.jpg

2. If you have something similar to SSFG HT, why not just use it WITHOUT WATER instead of buying Steamroller? I've used it like this and blindfolded, I probably could not tell the difference vs Steamroller.

3. OGB mouthpiece works so well, taste is less diffused/ more pure flavor, it just takes the edge off/ a little temp off, it is easier to store and lightweight to use, etc so I rarely bother with empty SSFG HT.

In summary, the Steamroller certainly works great but depending on your diffusion wants and what glass you already own, it may or may not be best option for you. We all are different.

P.S. SteamRoller carb: nice to have but I pull the OGB mouthpiece or HT off after every hit and then hit it for that same carb high-speed injection.

P.P.S Can you use water in SteamRoller as that would make it more versatile???

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Has anyone with a steamroller done a side by side comparison with a dry hydratube? I don't recall seeing that. I've got plenty of hydratubes, so I'm curious if I'm missing anything.

c76man,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey guys...
I can't wait for the international version of this vaporizer...
I wanted this vaporizer for such a long time...from day 1 honestly!

My question is...will this vape for good as a "party vaporizer" ?
What I mean, I have the EVO, and its incredible, but I find not not ideal for lets say, 4 people, as it is fragile and not as easy to pass around...

This one however, seems like the proper sharing device, and it can load .5g, correct?

Top Bottom