The Herbalizer

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Been super busy recently, but glad to see things progressing!

Glad the price is finally out there.

I really can't wait to get my hands on a unit.

Slightly Medicated,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Text in green is from the Herbalizer team:

Only available for shipment within the US & Canada at first at 110V. We need to add a country field to the reservation form to specify US or Canada. An internal resistor change makes the unit run at 240V, however due to the limited availability that option won't be available for about a year.

Well, that's kinda infuriating. If it only takes the equivalent of different jumper setting to tell it what voltage to use, it could have been a switch. Just a little subtle recessed one next to the power cable entry, like old-school PC power supplies before they became auto-sensing. Seems bizarre to build dual-voltage functionality right in and then lock it out for a year for want of a switch and extra SMD resistor.

Oh well, if they don't want us international customers yet, I guess it frees up more money to spend on the Cloud EVO campaign. At least they'll have 240v available at launch. And fancy glass included for less than the Herbie pre-order.

Also, I still don't understand the point of the tilt sensor. What dire consequences follow from having the unit tip while in-use? I can't see it being a fire risk even at max temp with the fan on, so is it just to save vapour loss if the whip pops out or something? Even then it could just stop the fan if it's running, no need to shut the whole unit down surely?

Given the Herbalizer has the same vertical output as the Cloud, I suspect it'd work really well with Hydratubes (you know someone is going to jury rig this). I think that'd be a really effective alternative to using it with the whip, but if you can't pick the thing up without it turning itself off, that means you can only hit the tube in a "table-top" sort of fashion, whereas if you could pick the whole unit up you could hit it without having to bend right over, plus you could also use it sitting on the floor, standing, etc. Unless there's a pretty important reason for that sensor I hope it's optionally defeatable.

Last edited:
Anonymouse,

Is it tho?

Pretty disappointed that as a international customer I'll have to wait that long to get hold of one these. It looks like a awesome piece of kit:shrug:

Is it tho?,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Had a chance to watch the video.

Yay I got a shout out!

I like the minor change on the lower temp sitting from mellow to uplifting.

Seeing all the features again has me so excited. Can't wait to use the aroma therapy after a medication session. I have some essential oils that I like to use to calm/center myself. So excited to see this thing finally coming to fruition.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Engineer

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
So it's voice-activated? If so, that feature does help address NinjaMindTriks concern about having to constantly turn the fan on and off rather than being able to relax. Not total relaxation as you have to constantly tell it what to do, but better than having to manually operate a switch.

If not, not so much as the fan will have to be manually turned on and off depending on if you're inhaling of not, which is what I believe the concern was.
If you were serious, no it's not voice activated. The buttons control the fans as shown in the video. :)

The fans only spin when you tell them to

I think I need to correct myself here. There are three fans in the Herbie, one for blowing up bags/fan-assist, one for aromatherapy, and one that keeps the internals cool. The internal cooling fan is not user-controllable as far as I know. But again, the fans are really quiet. I don't remember hearing the cooling fan at all.

Last edited:

Breathemetal

I must own one...
FUCK. So expensive...
I mean, even with the discount that is just a heavy price tag...
Maybe if i could sell my SSV then i would definitely buy this..

UGH. After watching the video this thing is going to be a king among vapes...

Hey. Someone give me a better job here so i can support more awesome companies like these guys.

Modnote: Selling/soliciting is never allowed outside the Classifieds, even if it's just a joke. Post edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breathemetal,

tepictoton

Pitty we are going to have to waith again overseas...but hey, still looks like a really nice device that might, euh, is going to change the game?

Cause lets be honest, I do not see a lot of 'medicinal users' putting a cloud on their desk...The way it looks, the Herbalizer could sit on any desk without arrousing suspicion...

and then we did not even talk about how it seems to perform.

Anyway we oversea-ers (who is looking over what?lol) must practice the art of patience again...

grokit

well-worn member
The new cloud looks very low key, especially next to a sublimator :razz:
20130801113110-White_with_cooling_slots.JPG

The Big Three: sub, vxh evo, and herbalizer.

Primasilva

Professional Procras... I'll finish this later ;-)
Okay, one more question - does anyone know about the warranty yet? I tried looking through this thread & on their site, but couldn't find the info. In their FAQs, the question "How long is the warranty and what does it cover?" is answered by ... "How long is the warranty and what does it cover?" Lol, guess they've been too busy creating this crazy awesome vape to finish their site ;)

I'm hoping for at least a few years - 3, maybe? I figure if I'm spending as much as a (cheap) computer would cost, the warranty oughta be at least as long as my PC's.

I know they have a few months to figure out all the details, but just figured I'd ask!

Primasilva,

AdmiralAlpacha

There was a link on their site in the footer discussing warrenty, from a quick read it looks like 1yr for manufacturing defects. I was going to link it but the site appears down.

I'm with you I would have like to see 3 years at least. I really love the sound of this vape, but only a one year warranty on a $700 piece of equipment from a brand new company?

I want this badly, but my stomach is telling me one thing, my head the other.

Edit: Site back up, heres the link for anyone interested http://www.herbalizer.com/warranty/

Last edited:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm with you I would have like to see 3 years at least. I really love the sound of this vape, but only a one year warranty on a $700 piece of equipment from a brand new company?
Very understandable concern. I think this is fairly standard practice for a company's first offering--more of a CYA thing than being unsure about the product. Given the creators' engineering backgrounds I'm pretty confident in the reliability department here. They really are rocket scientist level guys who have designed some serious tech hardware in their careers. Things like ICBM guidance systems and satellite parts need to be rock solid before agencies send hundreds of millions worth of hardware into orbit.

Josh told me that they overengineered the heck out of the Hebalizer and I believe him. There's a video of some of the stress testing they did on their blog. They also worked closely with an engineering firm. So close that they moved their office across the street from the firm.

Don't get me wrong, I had the exact same thought when I first heard the price. However, after spending a few days with the people behind it and touring the engineering firm, I'm convinced that this has to be the best engineered hi-tech vape ever.

Josh did tell me some specs on the parts like how many hours the fans are rated for etc. I'll ask for that info to share here. They're also pretty serious about customer service from what I gather. Sheila managed sales and customer service for private jet clients in her old job. So if you do have a problem, even out of warranty, I think you'll be treated very well.

AdmiralAlpacha

Very understandable concern. I think this is fairly standard practice for a company's first offering--more of a CYA thing than being unsure about the product. Given the creators' engineering backgrounds I'm pretty confident in the reliability department here. They really are rocket scientist level guys who have designed some serious tech hardware in their careers. Things like ICBM guidance systems and satellite parts need to be rock solid before agencies send hundreds of millions worth of hardware into orbit.

Josh told me that they overengineered the heck out of the Hebalizer and I believe him. There's a video of some of the stress testing they did on their blog. They also worked closely with an engineering firm. So close that they moved their office across the street from the firm.

Don't get me wrong, I had the exact same thought when I first heard the price. However, after spending a few days with the people behind it and touring the engineering firm, I'm convinced that this has to be the best engineered hi-tech vape ever.

Josh did tell me some specs on the parts like how many hours the fans are rated for etc. I'll ask for that info to share here. They're also pretty serious about customer service from what I gather. Sheila managed sales and customer service for private jet clients in her old job. So if you do have a problem, even out of warranty, I think you'll be treated very well.
Thanks for this, makes it a little more comforting coming from someone like yourself. And they do seem like a nice/smart group of people.

I really like fan assist with my lung issues, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one when my turn comes around. But until then the more information/videos you can get them to release the better :p Information about availability and prices for replacement parts would be really great (whips, bowls, etc) Being made out of silicone I'm sure they will get dark and mangy like my underdog stems and ill want to replace them often to keep things fresh.

Thanks for being our inside guy :p

AdmiralAlpacha,
Reactions: vtac

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Edit: Josh just emailed me. A lot of the info on the website is not correct yet, the new website just launched a few days ago and they're still kind of scrambling after trade shows and such. Keep in mind that they're still in pre-release mode. They are going to have customer support reps, but they still need to find and train them.

The good news is that the actual warranty is a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty, and a 5 year quality guarantee which gives a person 50% off of a replacement Herbalizer if there is a device problem between years 2-5.

Last edited:

AdmiralAlpacha

Thats what I like to hear!

Tell them ill provide support, but ill need a free herbie to become familiar with the product :science: lol

AdmiralAlpacha,
Reactions: Enchantre

toros23

The good news is that the actual warranty is a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty, and a 5 year quality guarantee which gives a person 50% off of a replacement Herbalizer if there is a device problem between years 2-5.

Now that's more like it!! You might have got me back on the bandwagon!! Besides, I can't seem to shake visions of locking myself in an airtight room and spewing huge vapor clouds all over the place like a fire extinguisher!

Reflo

I wonder how much it will cost for replacement bags/whips? Around how many uses is each bag good for?

Same here, I'm also curious if you can replace the bags on the squeeze valve yourself or if you're supposed to buy replacement bags with the valve attached. Sorta like the volcano easy valve.

Reflo,

grokit

well-worn member
It sure looks like it's priced to compete with the digital volcano, obviously the long-time balloon vape standard bearer.
I'm looking forward to seeing a balloon inflation showdown:popcorn:

grokit,

magicstar

Just thought I'd provide some genuine feedback, no offense is meant.
I've been waiting for this particular device as price point wasn't a concern to me but quality was.
Unfortunately I live in the UK, having a transformer to power the thing, paying the custom charges and the thought of nightmares in regards to returns if it breaks really forces me out of the market on this one.

I believe you guys estimate another year before shipping internationally? That is to long, simply to long.

Actually last night I purchased an Arizer Q almost exclusively based on the fact getting a Herbalizer to me would be such a pain.

I've also had no response to questions I emailed which in my opinion discredits the hard work and dedication this machine obviously required.

I wish you the best of luck & I hope this prompts you to consider your fans from across the pond.

Regards,
Magic

Top Bottom