The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
small or large clouds stinky flowers stink regardless. how discreet is that?
Thin vapor is more discreet than thick, regardless of scent. With big clouds, you're introducing the sense of sight into the mix, along side smell.
I agree with @2clicker . . . once you hit flowers with heat in public it becomes radioactive. I am really impressed with what the Liquidizer guys are doing on the front of deodorized, artisan, oils. I feel the future of stealth public vaping lies here, not with flowers.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Thin vapor is more discreet than thick, regardless of scent. With big clouds, you're introducing the sense of sight into the mix, along side smell.
Thin light vapor is just as bad if not worse since the terpenes vaporize at low temperatures anyways. Big clouds only introduce sight if there are people right next to you. Stealth is a pretty subjective term.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I agree with @2clicker . . . once you hit flowers with heat in public it becomes radioactive. I am really impressed with what the Liquidizer guys are doing on the front of deodorized, artisan, oils. I feel the future of stealth public vaping lies here, not with flowers.

Never heard of company exploring deodorizing methods (except for smell proof cases) and wondered why not? Is that hard to do with Vapes? I would think nothing is impossible but I wonder why that has not been a concern in regards to stealth with products I've seen. I am no expert but I read what I can when I see people talk about such things..

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Never heard of company exploring deodorizing methods (except for smell proof cases) and wondered why not? Is that hard to do with Vapes? I would think nothing is impossible but I wonder why that has not been a concern in regards to stealth with products I've seen. I am no expert but I read what I can when I see people talk about such things.. Spark of interest or boredom perhaps? lol
Liquidizer provides methods of removing a lot of the terpenes from flowers before being run for oil. It helps cut down on the pungent smell from the resulting vapors.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Liquidizer provides methods of removing a lot of the terpenes from flowers before being run for oil. It helps cut down on the pungent smell from the resulting vapors.
Wow, I guess I may invest in the front end swap for the grasshopper down the road if thru that process with the oil makes the smell less noticeable then it may shift me into researching about the proper usage and creation of said oil! Thank you for the heads up on liquidizer ;)

luckypucky,
Reactions: 2clicker

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
when I went to college the first time (1999), a friend of mine who owned a headshop gave me a Puffbuster for a dorm-warming gift. Link: http://www.puffbuster.com/. It gets rid of all smell and most particulates ("smoke" or vapor) on the exhale. Eventually the filters clog up with resin, and then you just machine wash and they are good to go!! I like this design better because it is cleanable and not so disposable. This type of thing is a pain, and I would only recommend it for users to whom smell-stealth is a priority, but it does work.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Since there is plenty of evidence that the terpenes are playing an active role in the effects, this strikes me as misguided as the efforts to produce strains without THC.

2clicker

Observer
Since there is plenty of evidence that the terpenes are playing an active role in the effects, this strikes me as misguided as the efforts to produce strains without THC.

all i know is, when using their methods before running the oil, the results are very potent, still tastes the same, but does not smell almost at all.

maybe a fraction of the effects are lost, but its negligible if you ask me. and considering i only use this method for liquid to be used out and about, i think its a great trade off (if any at all).

all the material i vape at home or in comfortable places smells big time!:rockon:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
all i know is, when using their methods before running the oil, the results are very potent, still tastes the same, but does not smell almost at all.

maybe a fraction of the effects are lost, but its negligible if you ask me. and considering i only use this method for liquid to be used out and about, i think its a great trade off (if any at all).

all the material i vape at home or in comfortable places smells big time!:rockon:

That almost certainly depends on the effects you are after. As for the flavour, I'm surprised that it tastes the same since flavour is something like 90% smell.

We're now way off topic. If you must reply, please do it in an appropriate thread.

grokit

well-worn member
It seems like it may be better to take out the chlorophyll than the thc.
:buzz:
Terpines have an odor but it's not really that weed-like imo.

whoops sorry please delete if ot

grokit,
Reactions: Shrike

lexfrmqu

You can always water cure your bud. Stronger, smoother and stealthier. You won't get the taste but it gets the job done.

small or large clouds stinky flowers stink regardless. how discreet is that?
It seems like it may be better to take out the chlorophyll than the thc.
:buzz:
Terpines have an odor but it's not really that weed-like imo.

whoops sorry please delete if ot

GON

no updates in the blog, no emails to customers...
i´m starting to worry about it!

GON,

zymos

I've gotten two emails, about a week apart, since funding closed, tho both were the same.
Seems about par for the course, they probably don't have much to report.

The joys of crowd funding. Don't be upset if Feb. 14th comes and goes without them shipping- I'll be happily surprised if they meet their schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom