The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

James C

EDM and vapor enthusiast
wow.. almost 300k.

Over 300k :)

Lots of smilies there and on this note, I got a comment. It seems that for the most part, those that have made a contribution feel the need to be condescending to those who are debating and questioning the efficacy of the GH. Why do you do that? Why not just enter into the discussion without trying to invalidate the concern of others. You made the decision to contribute. Others are a bit more skeptical. The way I see it, there's no need to cop this condescending attitude with those whom you disagree with, eh?

I honestly don't think this was trying to be condescending...it seems to me just to be some humor over the fact that everyone is demanding so much from this vape that hasn't even been released yet and hasn't had a chance to prove itself. Who knows tho, at least its now 1 month closer to Feb tho so we will see soon enough!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
[if you think that's condescending, then maybe you need another vape.
I can express my my opinion and if you don't want to buy it don't have to follow the thread.
some people expect way to much, criticism is expected but the products not even out yet!
if you didn't like my joke feel free to use the ignore button.
it's a pen vape not a freaking sublimator.

why are you here if not to help then to stir up the pot due to a comment you didn't like..
most here have concerns but are here to support the movement you seem to be here to bring the negative side of it. I never called you out for all your negative post but yet you feel like it's your duty to call me out :hmm:

:shit:

lwien

I never called you out for all your negative post but yet you feel like it's your duty to call me out :hmm:

:shit:

Yes, I have questioned GH on many issues, but what I haven't done is make fun of, or try to invalidate or use any sarcasm whatsoever against those who have decided to contribute to this vape. I may not understand why they are taking this leap of faith, and I have expressed that, but have always done so in a respectful manner.

Questioning GH on their marketing tactics is one thing. Being flippant towards those that are questioning those tactics is something else. It's not that it really bothers me a whole bunch, but I'm rather curious why this happens.

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
But that's all I want for Christmas.
Me too, lets hope they read this and start working on the GH 2.0 pocketable clo
Over 300k :)

I honestly don't think this was trying to be condescending...it seems to me just to be some humor over the fact that everyone is demanding so much from this vape that hasn't even been released yet and hasn't had a chance to prove itself. Who knows tho, at least its now 1 month closer to Feb tho so we will see soon enough!
Your right I wasn'nt, call it a bad joke if you will but I had too:rofl:
I was in fact trying to be humorous but no matter how much you try to be funny there will be one or a few people that are upset and take it as a personal attack.
I was juts trying to spark a laugh out of most to liven up this thread.:rockon:

Yes, I have questioned GH on many issues, but what I haven't done is make fun of, or try to invalidate or use any sarcasm whatsoever against those who have decided to contribute to this vape. I may not understand why they are taking this leap of faith, and I have expressed that, but have always done so in a respectful manner.
Well let just say that I respect you post , wether they be positive or negative and I do agree your always respectful.I might not agree with some stuf But I respect your views, I had just woke up , un medicated and saw the post and kinda went off on my cell phone ,sorry, I feel better now.
This is good it sparks debate but in a civilized manner, your my FC brother even if i know you or not.
I wish you were closer that way Id offer to let you try the grasshopper when it comes out, it can be a flop but i have faith it will do a great job, let hope right?!!!!

Questioning GH on their marketing tactics is one thing. Being flippant towards those that are questioning those tactics is something else. It's not that it really bothers me a whole bunch, but I'm rather curious why this happens.
Maybe I wrote it wrong , but was trying to be funny , if you found it rude then I can apologize, wasn't trying to upset anyone.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
No worries, I have been away from this thread for a bit and now that Iam catching up I see your right.
It only natural to have the pessimistic and optimistic side of it, nothing wrong with that.
When your passionate about something its great to show the love and support but in this industry its important to really screen out the BS ( we have all seen it happen more than once).
I t does sound kinda bad the way I posted it , but I was envisioning all the demand from ZP and they come back with a fucking vapor lung bazooka or something lol lol

Now I hope the GH is more like the ones on top and not like the one on the bottom

Praying mantis Grasshopper guy lol

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The first rule of commenting is that you don't talk about commenting. If somebody's comment bothers you and you think it breaks the rules, report it. If it doesn't break the rules, stick your hands in your pockets and move on. It's my job to deal with obnoxious or offensive comments, not yours.

The topic is the GH. Please stick to it.

Last edited:

norealmonsters

Over 300k perhaps they can use that extra to improve further before shipping Beta?

Well, keep in mind that each of the grasshoppers has a fixed build cost. Sure, they have a lot more money but they also have to build a ton more units. They've stated that the software isn't finalized but I'd be surprised to see any major changes. February just isn't a lot of time to build 3000 units.

norealmonsters,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

grokit

well-worn member
The cool part for grasshopper is the more you can build at a time, the cheaper they get per unit. If they have enough confidence in their design to build them all at once, they should make quite a handsome profit.

Which will enable them to take over the world--quantity of scale and all that.

Marvc

So just realizing the oil attachment is shipping separately. That's a bummer. It won't compromise it at all going back and forth will it? I've heard it's not good to use both on certain vape pens for cleaning reasons and what not. And by both I mean oils/flowers, Thx

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I kind of like the option for if in the future I'd switch to oils I have a separate head of the pen to switch to.. I found it pretty awesome they thought of that for us. If it does live up to the hype then I think we got a deal looking at the retail option on the indigogo it seems in order to turn a decent profit on them you would sell them for $225 each.. Close to that of a PAX.. This is my guestimation(I could be wrong) that the cost will hover around te PAX and we got a good deal opting in early lol ;) I wish some people got theirs early or some friends of the developers told their experience.. A way to find an unbiased opinion.. I am already getting one but I'd like to know trouble shooting and handling wise what to expect.. Optimum performance usage etc.. It would be nice.. But some of you will recurve it before me as I am on the east/south coast ;) the west will get them first no doubt.

Chill Dude

If it does live up to the hype then I think we got a deal looking at the retail option on the indigogo it seems in order to turn a decent profit on them you would sell them for $225 each.. Close to that of a PAX.. This is my guestimation(I could be wrong) that the cost will hover around te PAX

How could you possible know what their costs of production is and what their per unit break even point is LOL.... I agree that if the unit performs as advertised, $99 is a great buy. However, I disagree that the grasshopper will retail in the $225 range. That would price them way out of the market in the pen vape world, no matter how great it performs IMO......

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
How could you possible know what their costs of production is and what their per unit break even point is LOL.... I agree that if the unit performs as advertised, $99 is a great buy. However, I disagree that the grasshopper will retail in the $225 range. That would price them way out of the market in the pen vape world, no matter how great it performs IMO......
Good Point , they did mention that there goal was to get the GH in a million peoples hands.

One way to do that is to keep the price down so that the masses of all types of income can afford it.
Would this be history in the making if they can put out a million units??
I wonder what's the most a vape company has sold for comparison sake?

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Good Point , they did mention that there goal was to get the GH in a million peoples hands.

One way to do that is to keep the price down so that the masses of all types of income can afford it.
Would this be history in the making if they can put out a million units??
I wonder what's the most a vape company has sold for comparison sake?
My thinking is that even if GH really has a slam dunk flower & oil vape for the ages, it will still only appeal to a certain segment of vaporor's of the world at the start, but with tons of room to grow over time as the overall market grows. Now is as good of a time to start as any. I wonder how many vapes of all breeds worldwide are in the hands of vaporor's presently, and how many have been sold since the market began. I also wonder who are the vape makers who have sold the most and how many. GH could become an industry leader in the oil pen & flower segment of the market, what with the great form factor and hi-perf tech. Doing things right can get them off to a good start.:2c:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
My thinking is that even if GH really has a slam dunk flower & oil vape for the ages, it will still only appeal to a certain segment of vaporor's of the world at the start, but with tons of room to grow over time as the overall market grows. Now is as good of a time to start as any. I wonder how many vapes of all breeds worldwide are in the hands of vaporor's presently, and how many have been sold since the market began. I also wonder who are the vape makers who have sold the most and how many. GH could become an industry leader in the oil pen & flower segment of the market, what with the great form factor and hi-perf tech.:2c:
Very well put, I just though there goal of a million units over time was not possible , but Iam leaning towards the possibility now.

It would be cool to know those numbers you stated above!!!!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Very well put, I just though there goal of a million units over time was not possible , but Iam leaning towards the possibility now.

Also, a thoughtful retail price can have great bearing on attracting the most customers versus unwisely alienating a big slice of the same pie with too high a price tag. Give the world a pen that can do 8-12 sessions of flowers & oil on a single charge (ok, maybe 6-8 sessions), and with a power adapter, along with building a minimal track record of RMA's and you've easily got a $200.+ market gorilla!

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I wonder how many vapes of all breeds worldwide are in the hands of vaporor's presently, and how many have been sold since the market began. I also wonder who are the vape makers who have sold the most and how many.

I suspect a lot of people are interested in this, so if anyone wants to discuss it further please start a thread. Your moderators will thank you.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I suspect a lot of people are interested in this, so if anyone wants to discuss it further please start a thread. Your moderators will thank you.
Will Do, Thank You:tup::tup:

Back to the GH
Only 7 hours left and there at 340,705.

No ones posted the video up yet?, I know many have seen it already but I figured Id post it anyways!

Edit
I stand corrected, video was put up already earlier in the thread, sorry!

Last edited:
BLAZING OG,
Reactions: Snappo

Chill Dude

Hey guys, I want to get in on the Grasshopper tonight. The problem is, I don't really know what amount to donate. I want the Titanium unit with the smell free case/ herb holder and maybe an extra battery. I think that should run about $210. So how does that work? Do you just donate an amount that approximates the model and accessories you want and then after the campaign closes they send you an email yo confirm exactly what you want? IDK, I guess I'm kind of confused.

Chill Dude,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom