Discontinued The Grasshopper

MonkeyTime

Mine will be going back in again, I'm straight to blue already, about 12 hours in my hands lol.

Sorry to all who read my outburst yesterday, I was really hoping I could be done with this and when my balloon popped, I guess I did too.

What are the magic words @grokit , you're the only one I remembering getting return shipping since the very early days?

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm basically just abusing my GH at the point trying to get it to die and it won't. Hits on 5, temp changing mid hit, leaving it packed out of laziness, etc etc.

It took about 8 seconds to temp 4.5 yesterday, backend gets super hot most of the time, flickering lights ... I just want a new hopper. My friend has a 100% perfect working unit purchased from a user's RMA and I want one like that! So solid. Hits so thick.

Wiling to go weeks without my GH for one.

@Shit Snacks
I've had your Ti for 10 months now. If you had it for at least 2 months, purchased June 2016, we have had a working Hopper for 1 year. Chime in on the date of you remember! That's quite the feat.

grokit

well-worn member
Mine will be going back in again, I'm straight to blue already, about 12 hours in my hands lol.

Sorry to all who read my outburst yesterday, I was really hoping I could be done with this and when my balloon popped, I guess I did too.

What are the magic words @grokit , you're the only one I remembering getting return shipping since the very early days?
She just asks where to send the label. I may have screwed this one up because I brainfarted my snail mail address before sending her my email address a minute or two later whoops! So I'm still waiting for it now. I'm not sure why they need to keep confirming my email address, it's been the same the whole time.

:doh:

Mr Mellish

Well, a quick glance at this page of posts seems to indicate that GHL is still "working out some kinks". Ah, well, "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose".

I just stopped by to relate an interesting experience. If you check my sig you'll notice I have 2 daily drivers - not mentioning any names since I don't want to get in trouble for doing comparisons (or whatever the rule is). I had been using my other daily driver pretty much exclusively for a number of weeks - both at home and out and about - and enjoying it a lot. The other night I decided to pull out my SS hopper. And I was reminded why I became a hopperist in the first place.

IMO, the taste coming off the hopper is far superior to my other device, its efficiency is unparalleled (by anything in my collection, at least) and it absolutely kicks like a mule. When I used my other portable to administer some "sleeping aid", I would take 3 or 4 draws and toddle comfortably off to bed. Without thinking I took the same 3 draws on my hopper and I was WAAAAY too high to sleep. Same material, same if not less of it in the chamber, but I was definitely riding the rapids there for a while.

So my previous characterization still applies: The hopper is the British sports car of vapes. Yeah, there will be a certain amount of frustration as your vehicle spends too much time in the shop, but when that thing is running well, it's a driving experience like no other.

Yeah, the failure rate is a major PITA. (I've had 4 or 5 RMAs on my SS at this point.) Warranty missteps are certainly frustrating and need to be eliminated. (I've had one of those as well.) But for me, it's all worth it.

Wow, I use both your daily drivers and my experience with flavor is the opposite.

duff

Well worn
Wow, I use both your daily drivers and my experience with flavor is the opposite
IMO flavor is not one of my GH's strong suits. As others have mentioned, I do get some metallic taste and natively the heat does bother me.

On the other hand, it is very effective and efficient when working properly and can knock your socks off. My buddies think it's pretty cool although they have only tried it through water.

Edit:
After a one day ISO bath my mp rattles for the first time ever. It will be my first attempt at tightening it!

Last edited:

ZC

Hopper is one of the worst vapes I own in terms of flavor, honestly.

It hits all the notes in terms of being sleek, easy to clean, easy to use, powerful, discreet, etc. But in terms of flavor it's way down on the list. Which is kinda why I don't use it often. If what I need is someting small and discreet, it's what I take with me. If I'm at home, I'll use it extremely rarely just for the novelty, and even then I'll only use it with water because it's very hot on the lips after just two hits.

Still running strong after a year of light use though. No backend issues, no cop lights. I did have to replace the batteries due to poor performance but as soon as the new ones came it was pumping out vapor again. PFE should just be the standard mouthpiece IMO. It's better as both a native mouthpiece and a water adapter. Haven't used my stock MP since it arrived.

I just checked the hopper site for the first time in a while. It's nice to see the ship time is "1 day" now. Much better than the year I waited!

Bomb33

Wondering what kind of turn around ghl has? Ok I ordered on Friday night and I'm in canada eh. But still no change on my order. Still shows in progress? No tracking number or confirmation that it's been shipped.

Bomb33,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Speaking of precision tweezers, I noticed something interesting lately. I saw some lint in the air intake holes of my Ti Grasshopper, so I used my precision tweezers to clean the holes out. Be careful not to scratch the metal body when doing this. I pulled out a lot of stuff. I didn't think to take pictures at the time.

I've started to do this regularly and even if the holes look clean there is often lint in there. I just cleaned the Ti again even though it looked fine. There was more crud built up.

Etobp05.jpg

Sometimes the debris is even the same exact shape as the air intake.

4WFbKCe.jpg

I notice better airflow after this cleaning procedure. The first time was the most drastic change, it was also the time I pulled the most debris out.

I wasn't using a sleeve for several months and I think that contributed to the problem. Just think about how lint filled an average pocket is. I think it would be nice if there was some fine mesh covering those intake holes. It also seems like it might be a source of failures, this is from the May update:
"Using a newly remolded in-house warranty system, we were able to track specific units more closely and determine real world failure points. Front-side components suffered from exposure to oils and plant matter. Keeping your air holes and entire device clean drastically helped with reliability."

Last edited:

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Wow, I use both your daily drivers and my experience with flavor is the opposite.

I think the flavor is terrible; very metallic, which also always made me paranoid about the long term health effects of the device. Not my cup of tea.

After getting rid of mine, just reading this thread is almost as satisfying as owning a working unit. So entertaining; I'm hooked.

snaffle

I think the flavor is terrible; very metallic, which also always made me paranoid about the long term health effects of the device. Not my cup of tea.

Interesting, I *really* like the flavor I get from the grasshopper. I have the Ti, and have never noticed any metallic taste when using it. That said I don't have experience with as many different vapes as many here. But still, the flavor is definitely very important to me these days.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For me, Hopper flavor outshines my other vape experiences, admittedly limited as they are. I've only ever used Pax1, Pax2, Crafty/Mighty and Hoppers. I'm sure willing to believe there's better out there, but I do love me some Hopper vape.
I also can relate strongly to @Hogni 's concerns about what canna vape may do to the human pulmonary system; that's the current elephant in the room so many of us may not be acknowledging. I'm hoping that leaning towards high quality over mass quantity (i.e., moderation) helps keep the elephant's weight down.

@hiphiphooray , there are no other batteries on the market that will work in Hoppers; from a business perspective, the proprietary battery may be the best decision HL ever made. It might just be what's keeping the whole boat afloat at this point...
We can at least be thankful that they've kept the price of the battery reasonable, so far.

Last edited:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
The flavor with the new front end is very noticeably better imo. I think it has edged this vape to the top of my rotation at the moment because of it. I also used to get a bit of a headache feeling because you had to really suck hard through the standard mouthpiece. Now it is just free-flowing and amazing flavor the whole way though. I still think you need a bit of glass between the mouthpiece and your mouth or the vapor profile still comes across as harsh and hot. But with that separation... damn.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I paid the first time, but it failed less than a week after I got it back. Twice.

This time the RMA is the same.

So far the answer is yes :nod:

I'm hoping the third time's the charm :tup:
I've had it come back to me not fixed 3 times. I'm about to send it for a 4th RMA depending what happens. I haven't gotten them to fork out a dime for any shipping or anything else (I've asked numerous times). This 4th time they are sending me a new back-end without me sending the device in ... so they are trying now ... maybe something has changed in their policy recently in regards to repeat RMAs or DOA RMAs?

Wondering what kind of turn around ghl has? Ok I ordered on Friday night and I'm in canada eh. But still no change on my order. Still shows in progress? No tracking number or confirmation that it's been shipped.
I've found it takes 4-5 business days to get the notice (when it gets to the UPS Mail Innovations main sorting centre or something and gets scanned there the first time). You get the shipping notice 4-5 days after it's shipped, then takes another 4-5 business days to get to your door (depending where you are in Canada I'm sure this would vary but should give you a reference point)

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I've had it come back to me not fixed 3 times. I'm about to send it for a 4th RMA depending what happens. I haven't gotten them to fork out a dime for any shipping or anything else (I've asked numerous times). This 4th time they are sending me a new back-end without me sending the device in ... so they are trying now ... maybe something has changed in their policy recently in regards to repeat RMAs or DOA RMAs?
Perhaps the missing part of this puzzle is the fact that they don't come out and email the request to verify your email address so they can send the label to you. They put that in the private repair dialog thread that is started when you initiate the repair, and that's where you need to reply to this email verification request.

:sherlock:

Top Bottom