Discontinued The Grasshopper

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
For sneaking a toke at work without smelling like a skunk.... Its the only way I know of so I miss the hell out of it when its gone. I'm happy to have it back in good working order.

are you doing something different than me? my wife always says she smells my GH and last week when mine was working so did a friend. if there is a way to reduce the smell when using, i am not aware of said technique and wish to be taught

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
After 7 months of lighter use (around 10 bowls per week) my - whole - hopper's body is getting hotter and hotter while in use but heat in the chamber is slowly going down.
Set at 5 hopper delivers only greenish to light brown ABV. It's getting a serious issue i guess....

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
After 7 months of lighter use (around 10 bowls per week) my - whole - hopper's body is getting hotter and hotter while in use but heat in the chamber is slowly going down.
Set at 5 hopper delivers only greenish to light brown ABV. It's getting a serious issue i guess....
You tried cleaning threads or is this the battery contact point on heater?

I notice my hopper starts getting hotter when threads are dirty (also backend gets hot when battery is low)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Could it be you need a new battery? Older ones can make for odd behavior.
or
Is draw becoming noticeably restricted? Maybe it's getting gunky inside below the chamber screen, down in the heater and sensor area. This is common. Run it very hot, knock it sharply on blunt surface (some wood) and then blow or suction. Repeat until tired, then open a service request! (couldn't help myself, sorry 'bout the troubles, Hogni)

ktmstick

My hopper was going that way before it went straight to blue. Getting hotter to handle but poorer performance. Once I got the straight to blue I thought sod it, try iso soak up to holes then a good blow out. Solved the straight to blue and hopper working better than ever. I'm not suggesting you go my route but may be time for full service.

almost there

My hopper was going that way before it went straight to blue. Getting hotter to handle but poorer performance. Once I got the straight to blue I thought sod it, try iso soak up to holes then a good blow out. Solved the straight to blue and hopper working better than ever. I'm not suggesting you go my route but may be time for full service.
I will have to give this a try, I did a head to toe cleaning on my hopper yesterday and didn't observe any improvements to it's dwindling performance. Sigh...........guess it'll be the 3rd RMA in the foreseeable future, same unit same problems. Just waiting for it to die completely so I can finally try my luck at getting a working hopper that last longer than a week

Hogni

I'm cleaning weekly all parts I can reach including some dry burns to clean the bottom of the chamber and temp sensors of the heating element. Up to now no issues with the lights, all normal.
I've different bats, some absolute new ones. Aside of their lasting there are no very notable differences in performance.
Perhaps I'll try an upside down iso wash of the chamber with iso just reaching above the screen. Did so in the past w/o probs afterwards. But I was a little afraid of damaging the heater if iso would stand to high. Will try it again and report. Or I'll better go straight to "Verdampftnochmal" and they should take a look on it first.
Using a hopper is still like living on the edge....we nearly all are condemned to join just a short time in love with our hoppers...

Baron23

@Icon13 Many other forums that talk about vaporizers get really vicious and negative so I have chosen not to be a part of that type of online community. I appreciate the mods here because they dont allow bullying and being disrespectful to others. Also it's not OK to be disrespectful to the company. Your problem is between you and hopper labs. I'm sorry, it looks like you didn't have very much success with this vaporizer. You have every right to be angry.

It's OK to give info negative or positive about a vaporizer but once you've addressed an issues move on. If I don't like a particular vaporizer I lose interest and I usually don't visit that thread.

I look for good hints about vaporizing, special techniques, products and health benefits. That 's what makes FC such a great place.

The Grasshopper is a risky buy. Some folks have had great success while others have not. We will hear more about complaints because folks are pissed and want others to know. Especially if they feel they are being treated unfairly.
Great post, Carol. I agree entirely.

that looks very interesting!, should start a thread called "grasshopper mouthpiece extensions" with all the stuff we come up with

My favorite is still the DIY glass stem I got from a broke bubbler, cut and polished it to size and it worked perfectly until I broke it :/
I use mine with a 14 mm J-hook (a Sherlock?) quite often and like it very much. Otherwise, its on the FC-187 and through some water sedation med session.

btka

7EVKS9h.jpg

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Some may be interested in this sale, on until July 8th, at Hopper website.

"Grasshopper Sale. Happy 4th!

We're celebrating America's birthday with the first ever Heat Treated Extravaganza. Heat Treated Grasshopper are 30% off making them just $245! That's cheaper than the regular Titanium unit. We have some wild new designs for you to choose from. Grab them while they last."

Hogni

Yeaah, there are some nice ones but the most are just - coloured?

If there would be an option to choice it would be interesting but so?

Hogni,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeaah, there are some nice ones but the most are just - coloured?

If there would be an option to choice it would be interesting but so?
I think you understand that the buyer can choose exactly which one he/she wants, and they are each pictured with their serial numbers.
That raises an interesting question. There's a very wide range of s/n's shown for sale at this time, from 11,000 on down to like, 4,000. Are these lower numbered units using re-manufactured back ends?

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Can I ask all of you guys a small favor? Take your mouthpiece and use it to bridge the gap between the fire button and the top edge of the back end. On my unit(s), this turns the red lights on and creates a handful of audible clicks.

I haven't noticed this before and am wondering if this is abnormal. This could easily happen in a pocket with a set of keys, or even a dime.

sk8man121,
Reactions: JCat

MonkeyTime

Can I ask all of you guys a small favor? Take your mouthpiece and use it to bridge the gap between the fire button and the top edge of the back end. On my unit(s), this turns the red lights on and creates a handful of audible clicks.

I haven't noticed this before and am wondering if this is abnormal. This could easily happen in a pocket with a set of keys, or even a dime.
This came up a while back, it's nothing to worry about. It's like the light flashes you get when you put in a battery.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Yes, that happens because of the wireless design of the Grasshopper. The body itself is the circuit, and bridging the clicker and the backend completes the circuit.

Thankfully, the Grasshopper has built in protection so it will not actually turn the device on. This saves battery power. There is also the auto-shutoff feature so that even if it did somehow get turned on in your pocket/bag it will turn off in less than 20 seconds.

Last edited:

freshly baked

are you doing something different than me? my wife always says she smells my GH and last week when mine was working so did a friend. if there is a way to reduce the smell when using, i am not aware of said technique and wish to be taught
Fireballs... Not the alcoholic drink btw.. The candy... Kills the smell on your breath.. Im an electrician so I find myself going out to the truck for an extra drill bit or something... Bam sneak a hit and pop a fire ball. Works for me.. I do keep a pack of smokes around for an occasional puff in case someone sees the vapor I have an excuse... Not condoning smoking at all lol
And some glorious days I find myself doing a bunch of service calls all alone where I can vape between jobs and at lunch. I also keep wet wipes in the truck to wipe my hands and face with. And this stuff called sweet breath....all of these I use now or have used successfully...

Last edited:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
hello,
been a VERY long time since i posted in these forums. what brings me back is a sad tale :( I am an original backer and received one of the earliest batches. i was not first but i was withing the first 200 i believe. so i had my hopper for a long time (yes i did say had)... in one of my recent stupid moments i lost my hopper. Let me tell you all since it was an OG model i had some issues and RMA'ed it 3x and each time customer service did a good job of getting it back to me. other than that it worked great i did not have many issues as you can see.

i came back here cause i was so sad about losing my hopper i wanted to replace it and i came here to see if i should upgrade or not. i had the SS style and was thinking about the Ti model. if i had any complaints at all about my SS it would be it got kinda warm if not hot if i used it too long and that it was easily scratched. does the Ti model fix either or both of those issues? or should i just get another SS?

thanks
Menz

Could my bad luck finally be changing?? my wife just surprised me with a find... my original grasshopper that i lost!!! 16 days later and the day after my second purchased hopper just went in for repair. She took the dog to the vet in her car (the car i was using when i lost my hopper) along with my step daughter. apparently my stepdaughter found it and said "Mommy i found this pen and it doesn't even work" my wife knew exactly what it was and was so excited and happy to bring it to me. I remember searching her car when i lost it, but my wife's car always looks like a tornado went through it with garbage everywhere (love my wife to death but she is not very neat) that i must have missed it.

I now have 2 hoppers and at first thought was going to sell one (still might) but with my "new" hopper already out for RMA, it might be good to hang on to this original one for occasions such as this one. Happy days are here again!!!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Could my bad luck finally be changing?? my wife just surprised me with a find... my original grasshopper that i lost!!! 16 days later and the day after my second purchased hopper just went in for repair. She took the dog to the vet in her car (the car i was using when i lost my hopper) along with my step daughter. apparently my stepdaughter found it and said "Mommy i found this pen and it doesn't even work" my wife knew exactly what it was and was so excited and happy to bring it to me. I remember searching her car when i lost it, but my wife's car always looks like a tornado went through it with garbage everywhere (love my wife to death but she is not very neat) that i must have missed it.

I now have 2 hoppers and at first thought was going to sell one (still might) but with my "new" hopper already out for RMA, it might be good to hang on to this original one for occasions such as this one. Happy days are here again!!!

Everyone loves a great reunion story, nice one bud! :tup:

GrandWazoo

Hi guys , long time that I don't post. Now my SS GH is one year old , and it's a long time that it works . It had only any little issues , like becoming only red without heating , then I tried to blow ( and suck , naturally ) with good results, then sometimes hot back end . I decided that I wouldn't remain without a vaporizer in case of great problems. So i bought an arizer air , to have two choices. The first thing I did was introducing each other :" Hi GH , this is your new friend air , say hallo ! , Hi Air etc..." Since that moment they didn't have any issue at all . I think that the Air sometimes cleans it itself , and the GH self repaired from a fall.

Top Bottom