Discontinued The Grasshopper

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Nice review as always @WakeAndVape! I see what you're saying about the stirring, but I just keep ripping until it's all uniform, it might take an extra hit to finish the chamber my way. If I overfill the material on top can be green but I've used the green stuff in my Evo at 2:30 on the temp dial and got no vapor.
I don't get much after the stir...but psychologically the green top must not be wasted...im weird.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Awesome vape... but I took it to the retaurant with my wife and she was laughing cause I looked so stupid with a pen in my mouth, less stealth to use than the Alfa or the Fury. Although vapor quality is awesome!

Personnaly I didn't noticed a huge difference between the GHB1 and GHB2 except a slightly increased life (2-3 hits more) and less blinking blue light while hitting the device (seems to help to keep the t° stable).

MoltenTiger

I never stir, though I have found that there's an extra toke to the two or three main hits I get out of a chamber.

With the PFE I've found that after some use, when it's dirty, it can stick the ABV to the screen, causing it to be lifted out with the mouthpiece, and results in a pellet of ABV. There is a slight gradient to the colouring of a PFE pellet, but it is noticeably vaped right through.

I uploaded some pics of my ABV
2j4ol7q.jpg

That's quite a pile. Please excuse the receipt it's on, it was the whitest piece of paper available :p
It's also flash photography, the colour is quite hard to accurately represent, but it's basically black/brown with very minimal greening, I'd say from what I'm looking at on screen it shows it to be a lighter colour than it is. Some of the lighter bits are from lower temp hits too, and there's 6 different strains amongst the pile.
There's a pellet to the side of the pile (which will vary from the bottom left to the upper right depending on the rendering device).

Normally I scrape out ABV, and it still needs to be scraped out of the PFE in pellet form too. With smaller loads, it easily tips out of the chamber once it's fully vaped.

t8axbm.jpg

After tipping into a collection jar, there is a distinct horizon line right the way around the jar, somewhat badly shown here.
No ash, or even remnant, was remaining on the white paper - so no combustion and negligible residual oil.

The GH is superior to my EQ in terms of efficiency, efficacy and cloud production, which is a big reason why I'm so impressed with the Grasshopper. I run my EQ at 222°C but still the GH produces the darker, more even ABV.
Very happy with how this has panned out personally, and vaping direct to glass without silicone is perfection

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Man.... Just received a green performance front end in the mail. It is a bit of a tighter fit than my original, and the color is nowhere close to matching my green body, but holy shit does it work well... Just finished testing it, and wow! Too high to say much more! Definitely a nice sleek 14mm fit. Awesome! Probably should have just got a plain Ti or waited for a heat treated front end instead, but oh well :p

6079Smith

did i hear you say you used the GH with concentrates? may i ask how? i am afraid that the wax would melt and leak through the holes
You can use the herb sandwich method, also, it works to great effect. I've had some of my best vapor doing this and you get an extra few draws out of your pack.

I fill a third of the chamber, drop a bb sized dab, fill the rest of the chamber loosely, and use it on a bubbler so it is inverted and the oil will initially only melt toward the mp and the herb will sponge it up. The chamber stays surprisingly clean and the avb ends up the same level of roasted as without

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I've been using concentrates with organic cotton almost exclusively with my Grasshopper lately. Herb sandwiches work very well too but I haven't been using flowers very much lately.

One thing about using the hemp fiber/cotton method is that the first hit can be weak because you have to melt the concentrate into the cotton. You can get around this problem by sprinkling a little herb in the bottom of the chamber before you put the cotton ball in. Then turn it up to temp 4 or 5 and rip the shit out of it! You can get some really interesting flavors this way.

I first heard about it from @slcbdco:
I've done it loading the bottom with flower and putting a dab in cotton on top, works great! Highly recommended :rockon: It's a great way to get the GIM!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
First of all. Order more bats! 3 bats means 3-5 bowls á 0.1g depending on your efforts on full extraction. Enough for you?

Look at the site of @Ratchett, al lot of useful gadgets for the GH. Would recommend at least the mini 2-in-1 funnel (keeps clean your threads of the chamber and front end!) and some batterie holders.
BTW Ratchett has some nice gadgets for the mighty too!

Shieldsab

I got a glass piece yesterday. I decided to give glass a try since I have the PFE now. I'll post a pic of it sometime, when someone with better eyes is around. I love using the GH with it. Flavor lasts longer, no trying to keep my lips on the hot metal when taking a big hit. As for the GH, still going strong. The back end still generally heats up beyond being comfortable to touch so I don't. At this point, if it did start having issues I'd be perfectly happy getting it replaced, as it's lasted a few months short of a year now. As long as I only have to pay a few bucks in shipping once a year to keep maintaining the latest components, I'll be happy doing that.

ktmstick

Ss hopper purchased February 17, not used daily but certainly weekly. Straight to blue on Friday night. I could hear heater clicking and could feel some heat in backend and around chamber. Tried the usual clean threads, change battery etc. No change.

Performed a 99.9% iso soak up to the holes for about an hour followed by being blown out with an airline through the draw holes and through battery compartment. Rebuilt and away she went and has been going strong since.

btka

I have an efest luc external charger and it seems like charging the hopper with its og charging cable results in better performance... denser clouds and darker abv... does someone else have the same experience... also I have discovered when charging with my external charger (fully charged battery) and then with the original gh charger the l7ghts blink red and its charging until its showing me the blue lights which means it is fully charged..
so it seems that the external charger 6s not fully charging my batteries....

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I have an efest luc external charger and it seems like charging the hopper with its og charging cable results in better performance... denser clouds and darker abv... does someone else have the same experience... also I have discovered when charging with my external charger (fully charged battery) and then with the original gh charger the l7ghts blink red and its charging until its showing me the blue lights which means it is fully charged..
so it seems that the external charger 6s not fully charging my batteries....

Yeh I have found the GH OEM charger changes the batteries further than my XTAR's, which results in a harder hitting GH for the first couple of hits.

When at home I now just leave my hopper on the OEM charger, except when using it.

btka

Yeh I have found the GH OEM charger changes the batteries further than my XTAR's, which results in a harder hitting GH for the first couple of hits.

When at home I now just leave my hopper on the OEM charger, except when using it.
@slcbdco

should I wait after taking some draws, so the hopper cools down.. is it bad for the battery when you charge it after taking so e draws without letting the gh cool down in between...

grokit

well-worn member
So my hopper came back the third time, and it works kinda. Actually it's finally as good as my og unit for external heat so that a big plus. But what does it mean when the red lights start blinking during a draw?

This has been a recurring problem that was previously overshadowed by other more pressing issues; now it's the main one. Is it a heater time out? Because they keep talking about taking strong draws, but if I try that it blinks red immediately. Is it a battery issue? I will try charging it again with their charger and swapping batteries as well but I really don't think that's it. My hopper's close but still not working right dammit!

:bang:

Baron23

So my hopper came back the third time, and it works kinda. Actually it's finally as good as my og unit for external heat so that a big plus. But what does it mean when the red lights start blinking during a draw?

This has been a recurring problem that was previously overshadowed by other more pressing issues; now it's the main one. Is it a heater time out? Because they keep talking about taking strong draws, but if I try that it blinks red immediately. Is it a battery issue? I will try charging it again with their charger and swapping batteries as well but I really don't think that's it. My hopper's close but still not working right dammit!

As far as I know, when you get flashing red lights in the middle of a draw (that it, it went from solid blue to flashing red) this is supposed to be the battery low indicator...no?

btka

after drawing does it get blue again... when the heater times out there is no light... normally blinking red is empty batteries.. do you use an external charger...

but maybe they changed the light patterns...

btka,
Reactions: JCat

grokit

well-worn member
No it doesn't get back to blue on its own, I have to click it off then on again.
after drawing does it get blue again... when the heater times out there is no light... normally blinking red is empty batteries.. do you use an external charger...

but maybe they changed the light patterns...
Yes according to their current chart, it can only be a battery issue.
After further testing today I'll drop them an inquiry, as the repair ticket will still be open.

:\

JCat

Accessory Maker
No it doesn't get back to blue on its own, I have to click it off then on again.

Yes according to their current chart, it can only be a battery issue.
After further testing today I'll drop them an inquiry, as the repair ticket will still be open.

:\
Did you try cleaning everything and rotating dial a few times? My Ti Hopper was like this when it came back from RMA for a couple bowls but after full cleaning everything has been fine (about 1.5 months now)

grokit

well-worn member
Did you try cleaning everything and rotating dial a few times? My Ti Hopper was like this when it came back from RMA for a couple bowls but after full cleaning everything has been fine (about 1.5 months now)
I'll make sure and do that, thanks :tup:

The first battery charged fine but blinked out.
The second battery seems okay for now fingers crossed :nope:

edit: tested again all systems go :spliff:

edit2: dammit! Now I'm combusting on the lowest setting :cuss:

edit3: recharged battery, won't turn on gets a faintly flickering red light :disgust:

:hmm: Any recommendations?

I don't want to send it in again but I really want to have a working hopper.
It seems that it would be good to have a second one, just to rotate in/out of service.

Maybe next sale :ko:

Last edited:
Top Bottom