Discontinued The Grasshopper

biohacker

The temps aren't any higher. The algorithm was just tweaked.

What Caroline and I meant is that temp 3 is a higher temp than it used to be. The temp at each temperature is constant like the old version, each temp is just slightly higher than before that was the change

So which is it?

It's definitely hitting the top temps at T5 and making huge clouds, it's choked me out a few times and has been much, much better consistency than my EQ with ABV.

Oh, so no charring at top temp at all? Care to post some ABV pics (temp 5) or even better a milk video with a glass piece on temp 5? Would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Hoey420

Hoey420,

almost there

Hey all,
Hopper made it home from the second RMA just in time for my birthday :nod:. I'm running thru the 3rd battery so that should say something:wave:. It ain't all daisies though because my unit came back with many battle worn rings around the collars that I deligently avoid doing:cuss:. I'll give more detail thoughts when I have a little more time and a few more battery drainages ;).
Edit- I finally saw vapor for the first time using T3
Edit 2- my abv color matches that which is expelled from the SB and vapcaps
Edit 3- the flavor is actually pretty pleasant. Up until now my hopper has tasted very metallic no matter the material. I confess I really thought all of u who raved about the taste to be just biased because it was the least pleasant of all my vapes.
Edit 4- the blinking lights disappeared finally
Edit 5- I didn't make those fucking rings, I'm grateful that everything is finally working as it should but this concerns a brand new hopper undergone 2 RMA's and now looks like a war vet. Those of us who HL says doesn't exist do. I really am happy it's working because it's amazing, too bad I had to work so hard to get what should be an out of the box experience.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Maybe in your experience, but that's quite a generalization.

Again, quite a generalization when their customer service has been impeccable for many, many users. Alot better than HL that's forsure. They have a phone number too and VM. Shame HL doesn't. I'd LOVE to speak to them myself about the bullshit i've been through, and many others.

Check reddit if you think they are naysayers here! LOL

Good one, this has been explained before.

L O L

:lol: See above.

:rofl:I sure fucking hope I do. If this is as good as it gets :o

Oh my.... and here I was thinking that most of it (if not all) was made in China!

Thanks for the chuckle today. @MonkeyTime I think your perception reflects reality a little more :tup:

Hear! Hear! :lol: Very well summed up!

You mean the recent upgrades to the temperatures? Has anyone disclosed how much higher they are yet?

@slcbdco conveniently ignored all my questions.

Apparently it's awesome now? Kinks have been worked out! Definitely worth the money!

You don't need to translate 700 pages, maybe just the last few?
@biohacker, it's become increasingly clear that your participation in this thread has caused disruption to the harmony of the forum. You continue to bash the GH and HL relentlessly, and it's gone beyond simple negative criticism and entered into what can only be described as a crusade that you have against HL.

For that reason your participation in this thread is now over. We had hoped that with some time off that you would realize that your recent brutish behavior is not acceptable here on FC, but it appears that that lesson has remained to be learned.

Please don't attempt to interject your dislike of the GH in other threads as a workaround. Any further GH bashing by you on FC will likely bring more warning points.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled GH programming.

:peace:

delloy

Got my Ti back 4 days ago from its 2nd RMA went to use it today red lights then nothing, tried it 5-6 times more same result.....nothing. Dead again after only 4 days and I was nursing it this time knowing how fragile they can be. All through a D020 if anyone wants that extra tidbit of info. How annoying?

Cant use my SS either as that just carries on heating up regardless no blue lights just constant red and it then combusts and just keeps getting hotter. I'm too scared to leave it running until the 15sec cutoff because I'm not sure that would even cut in anymore it gets ridiculously hot!

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

So which is it?
I am not an official source of info so we'll have to believe the word from the horses mouth.

I'll do some hits at 3 and see if I notice anything. It's a bit hard to say though, i hardly used 3 before and it's been too long between usage from when I was waiting for the bloody PFE (worth the wait funnily enough, I really like them and haven't used the pen end again). Because of the wait, I managed to miss the combustion fiasco, so that was nice.

Care to post some ABV pics
I've noticed some variance with strains, some Mrs. White doesn't go dark chocolate for eg, it kind of blonds then can slightly brown if I really try. First I put through was some Pennywise and it came out super dark, always very even. Cheese, Chocalate, Pure Sativa all similarly dark too. It seems proper broadleaf indica stays a lighter colour, but the Chocolate Kush is straight indica and I'm pretty sure it darkens up, maybe I should check.
Can't quite work it out, but it's something to do with chlorophyll I think, and the conditions of the grow/harvest. I have a professional horticulturalist hook up, and although he doesn't source choice genetics like he should, his general Aussie bud is a cut above the rest. Fed, flushed and cured properly it also just turned yellow unless it scorched. So definitely no scorching, and I'm happy with the extraction level (though I seem to be an ABV collector not user).

I've probably put an 8th through my GHs since I got them back and it's been markedly better than my EQ (more bud per chamber but overall better extraction efficiency, efficacy, taste and heaps more oil residue in my glass. Even more than normal with the PFE.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Got my Ti back 4 days ago from its 2nd RMA went to use it today red lights then nothing, tried it 5-6 times more same result.....nothing. Dead again after only 4 days and I was nursing it this time knowing how fragile they can be. All through a D020 if anyone wants that extra tidbit of info. How annoying?

Cant use my SS either as that just carries on heating up regardless no blue lights just constant red and it then combusts and just keeps getting hotter. I'm too scared to leave it running until the 15sec cutoff because I'm not sure that would even cut in anymore it gets ridiculously hot!
damn that's rough. Is it the same issue as before? Any idea what they changed last time? Did you leave the unit in the D020 with a reducer or otherwise let the GH get super hot during use? Did you notice any airflow restriction over the four days?

I've been hitting mine empty after use and it noticeably silvers the screens and keeps the airflow resistance even/improves it. I've also been brushing it out between chambers.

Something I've also noticed is that my 6,7,8? Month old GHB2s can cause flickers where as my new darker blue batteries give constant strong LEDs. Did you have good batteries before?

You should be able to send both hoppers in at once for the price of one, I sent three at once and it fit in the minimum price satchel. That sucks though man, hope you can sort it out easily enough

delloy

Yep seems like the same problem. Red lights come on then nothing! I have been nursing this one as well since it came back. 14mm reducer with the TI PFE drawing through the D020 for max 15 secs then continuing to inhale for a few secs after clicking the unit off to help facilitate cooling and then as you say I also have been brushing and removing any leftovers after each use. Brand new freshly charged GHB2s. But to no avail it still broke. Probably used it max 20 times over the 4 days it worked

I checked it over thoroughly on its return and it seems quite a lot has been done to it. Looking down the barrel it seems all the internals have been changed looks different behind the screen and I think the internals in the button changed too as it looked all shiny new.

I have wrote to them again today explaining the situation and how displeased I am. We will see what happens, but after this I dont really feel like spending more money to ship it back again after only having it 4 days. Im also in the UK which makes it all a little tiresome only for the possibility of it failing again!

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Yep seems like the same problem. Red lights come on then nothing! I have been nursing this one as well since it came back. 14mm reducer with the TI PFE drawing through the D020 for max 15 secs then continuing to inhale for a few secs after clicking the unit off to help facilitate cooling and then as you say I also have been brushing and removing any leftovers after each use. Brand new freshly charged GHB2s. But to no avail it still broke. Probably used it max 20 times over the 4 days it worked

I checked it over thoroughly on its return and it seems quite a lot has been done to it. Looking down the barrel it seems all the internals have been changed looks different behind the screen and I think the internals in the button changed too as it looked all shiny new.

I have wrote to them again today explaining the situation and how displeased I am. We will see what happens, but after this I dont really feel like spending more money to ship it back again after only having it 4 days. Im also in the UK which makes it all a little tiresome only for the possibility of it failing again!
Well bugger. If it's any consolation I'll be in the same boat given some amount of time.
4 days is as measly as all hell though :(
Hope they sort it out for you and figure out how to stop this from happening. Red then dead hasn't surfaced for a while either. I just got one back from that state after it sat around since January. So far so good

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Well, top of my list is still reliability and testability improvements.

Absolutely the first and foremost.

If anyone here like this idea, please chime in to discussion and help spread the word!
Hope this will reach devs...

Thanks!

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHoppe..._want_official_micro_bubbler_frontend_for_gh/

But as we are talking about accessories and uogrades here is my :2c:

For cooling I would like to see some sort of high surface heat sink tech. Has to be easy to ISO clean.

budbomb_xl_big.jpg

I'm not so worried about using water on the go, small amounts get manky/grimy real quick and offer little cooling.

For power:

I want to see a proper power adapter that can directly drive the hoppers heater (not just charge the batteries).

For concentrates:

Oils and wax front end
At least an oils pad accessory (yes I know I can make my own)

For MK2:

Bigger unit designed to run on 2170 batt tech

AJS

Calm Consistency
Does anyone else own a hopper but not use it as their main unit ... or even daily? I probably haven't used my hopper in quite a while ... but I absolutely love it. Still running strong for over 8 months now. It's always there for the massssssiivveee water rips or stealth when I go to the bar (oh ya I used it at the bar a few nights ago :) ). But ... it's not daily for me consistently. I'll go through a phase of using it daily for a week then barely using it ... but it's always ready to go ... and the breaks are probably good for her health.

Point is ... anyone else love their Hopper but not use it daily??

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Does anyone else own a hopper but not use it as their main unit ... or even daily? I probably haven't used my hopper in quite a while ... but I absolutely love it. Still running strong for over 8 months now. It's always there for the massssssiivveee water rips or stealth when I go to the bar (oh ya I used it at the bar a few nights ago :) ). But ... it's not daily for me consistently. I'll go through a phase of using it daily for a week then barely using it ... but it's always ready to go ... and the breaks are probably good for her health.

I like the tech of the hopper, but I feel it is not up to expectations. I use my VapCaps more.
:tup:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

VapCap through MFLB is current daily driver. Love the Hopper but for me the VC is less effort with greater flexibility.

hiphiphooray

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else feel like the grasshopper is useless without a water filter? Even with the silicon mouthpiece, trying to take more than 2 hits from it just burns your lips.

Has anyone come up with a good way to use the grasshopper on the go without needed a water rig to cool it down?

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Was mentioning this in another thread, but yes:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-honey-straw-glass-pipes-with/392497807.html

I mailed the seller, and they said you can just buy only the glass pipe part if you mention it in the order instructions, and they will adjust the price to $6.80 a piece.

But, I have used the 14mm option in the past and ordered a few more recently as it was really useful for on the go, and putting a bit of gap between the mouthpiece and the GH.

I also found it improved the flavor considerably. Like, makes it a different vaporizer imo. Mainly used them dry. I stopped using the GH as much out and about when I broke the last of the little pieces I linked above before. Now I just vapebong with her, and the flavor through a water piece suffers a bit (again, jmo.)

Pretty excited to get the new ones and also to give them a shot with the vapcap as well.

AJS

Calm Consistency
With this said ... I decided to whip out the GH today instead of the Solo 2. So nice. Nice to get that full convection back after a hybrid binge.

All my portables hit so goddam hard now it doesn't even matter. Whatever I choose, it's gunna wreck anyone who hits it.

What's a desktop vape .... who needs cords now a days, give me a battery or a torch and I'll be a happy camper (good luck camping with a plug in ... power bank? Ha .... weight reduction important on hikes.) sorry for the lame pun distraction.

Damn ... these Grasshopper effects are comin in hot. Big difference between conduction and convection, but both have their own benefits and mixing them gives you the best of both :).

rfcCluZ.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Was mentioning this in another thread, but yes:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-honey-straw-glass-pipes-with/392497807.html

I mailed the seller, and they said you can just buy only the glass pipe part if you mention it in the order instructions, and they will adjust the price to $6.80 a piece.

But, I have used the 14mm option in the past and ordered a few more recently as it was really useful for on the go, and putting a bit of gap between the mouthpiece and the GH.

I also found it improved the flavor considerably. Like, makes it a different vaporizer imo. Mainly used them dry. I stopped using the GH as much out and about when I broke the last of the little pieces I linked above before. Now I just vapebong with her, and the flavor through a water piece suffers a bit (again, jmo.)

Pretty excited to get the new ones and also to give them a shot with the vapcap as well.

That's pretty, and cool.

How does one get the $6.80 price? Mention only the bubbler is needed and the price will be adjusted?

stark1,

snaffle

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else feel like the grasshopper is useless without a water filter? Even with the silicon mouthpiece, trying to take more than 2 hits from it just burns your lips.

Has anyone come up with a good way to use the grasshopper on the go without needed a water rig to cool it down?

Are you putting your lips near the tip? I mostly use my Ti dry (and without the silicon), with my lips just past the taper of the mouthpiece, and it stays cool enough for me to use, on 4.2. Granted I wouldn't take really long draws like that, but 10-15 seconds is fine. That said I seem to have higher tolerance of heat than others here. The tip of the mouthpiece gets crazy hot, though, I wouldn't put my lips on it for sure.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Are you putting your lips near the tip? I mostly use my Ti dry (and without the silicon), with my lips just past the taper of the mouthpiece, and it stays cool enough for me to use, on 4.2. Granted I wouldn't take really long draws like that, but 10-15 seconds is fine. That said I seem to have higher tolerance of heat than others here. The tip of the mouthpiece gets crazy hot, though, I wouldn't put my lips on it for sure.

Exactly, move further down the mouthpiece and it's fine. Also a little time between rips, I've said this before, then grasshopper is not designed to be the optimum "session" vape, it's the optimal "personal vape"

So for example, passing it around at the pool yesterday, I had to remind people to turn it off, not hold with it on and tell a story while the tip is in the hot sun as if it was a joint etc. in other words, it works in a session but sub optimal.

The grasshopper is somewhat like an apple watch in that it's a personal device that is better when you're friends also have one.

One of the hangovers of prohibition is that in a group folks still want to get high at the same time. The safety in numbers thing. Also because if you light a joint you have to smoke it NOW otherwise it'll be gone.

Personal vaporization let's everyone consume at their own pace. When you got to a bar you don't by one beer for 5 people to share right? When I am in situations where everyone has their own vape, grasshopper or otherwise but among my friends it's usually a grasshopper as no other vape has caught on in my circle, it's really nice to have everyone consume at their own pace, the game or conversation doesn't get interrupted, the sativa heads can have their strains and stay awake without the indica folks freaking out and the indica folks can have an anxiety free time without the sativa heads passing out.

With the exception of now it's a little harder to cheat in monopoly, I have to say the grasshoppper not only showed me the benefits of vaping but specifically personal vaporization. In fact now all my vapes are used as "personal" vapes. Whether it's my grasshopper which I use 90% of the time time or my fifefly2 which mysteriously working again, my pax2 or Davicni IQ (which is broken again, and shows how every experience is different, I've had FAR more problems with my IQ although it's not upsetting since I didn't use it much anyway).

As a personal vape, the Grasshopper really excels, no surprise as that what it's designed to be. Best way to deal with the shortcomings in sharing is have your people get their own grasshopper!

JoeMama

As has been stated since your post, where you place your lips makes all the difference. I had done the same thing when I got the hopper; "pursed" my lips on the tip of the hopper. Nope. Be sure the non-slanted part of the mouthpiece is where your lips are; there is less heat there. ALSO, the new PFE can make your draw shorter and therefore further reduce the sensation of heat. Of course, a lot depends on the length of your draw, and most importantly the on/off time of how you use the Hopper.

So for example, passing it around at the pool yesterday, I had to remind people to turn it off, not hold with it on and tell a story while the tip is in the hot sun as if it was a joint etc. in other words, it works in a session but sub optimal.

Man I hate that. I always explain how to hit the Hopper (to the same people sometimes), and I feel like a an overprotective father whenever I pass it to someone but they have to finish their story, and I'm like, "Hit it now hit it now HIT IT NOW!" :doh:

Top Bottom