Discontinued The Grasshopper

GrandWazoo

I begin early in the morning with 3 and end in the evening at 4 . Take at least 2 hits , cause the first don't get much vapor .When I want some harder , 3 or 4 ten seconds hits . It would be nice to click it out at the end of drawing , but I ALWAYS forget to do this . I've done it maybe 3 times in one year , but yes, it would be a good thing.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Cloud cloud cloud.

https://instagram.com/p/BUr4wrkALba/

5gHYhFq.jpg

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Since I get one GH I understand better all the love here for this vape!

It's powerfull
It's fast
It's tasty
It's stealth
It's beautifull

My batteries(2) are GHB1 and I get 2 bowls (10-15 hits) from each of them, I gave a look but can't find any European retailer with GHB2 in stock... any ideas please?

My dark grey Ti didn't comes with a silicone condom for the hot mp but I use a short glass stem with a 14mm female on one side, GH fits perfectly this joint.

Is somebody tried a conduction test (difficult cause the 15s timeout)...? cause i'm under the impression the GH is more hybrid than pure convection.

Even if it shows a lot of scratches, marks and stain my Ti is working flawlessly, heats in seconds!
Mouthpiece is a bit hard to screw and unsrew... I tried to clean the screwing part but I can't reach the threading placed into the mp... I remenber this topic was well debated here and i'll make some searches.

Definitly happy to be finally able to put my hands on a GrassHopper!

Mr. Me2

Since I get one GH I understand better all the love here for this vape!

It's powerfull
It's fast
It's tasty
It's stealth
It's beautifull

My batteries(2) are GHB1 and I get 2 bowls (10-15 hits) from each of them, I gave a look but can't find any European retailer with GHB2 in stock... any ideas please?

My dark grey Ti didn't comes with a silicone condom for the hot mp but I use a short glass stem with a 14mm female on one side, GH fits perfectly this joint.

Is somebody tried a conduction test (difficult cause the 15s timeout)...? cause i'm under the impression the GH is more hybrid than pure convection.

Even if it shows a lot of scratches, marks and stain my Ti is working flawlessly, heats in seconds!
Mouthpiece is a bit hard to screw and unsrew... I tried to clean the screwing part but I can't reach the threading placed into the mp... I remenber this topic was well debated here and i'll make some searches.

Definitly happy to be finally able to put my hands on a GrassHopper!
Regarding your mouthpiece that doesn't screw on smooth, have you tried an ISO soak of the mouthpiece? When soaking, I use the Crafty approach and also use hot water (drop the mouthpiece into a baggie filled with ISO (just enough to cover the mouthpiece) and then place that Baggie into a cup of super hot water - let it sit).

I find when the mouthpiece gets dirty, it doesn't screw on as smoothly.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

@BuzzDanklin did a conduction test, it's pure convection, if you're not drawing nothing happens. You can get a draw from residual heat after you click it off, but again that's convention, just not air going through the heater while and only while you draw.

It makes the grasshoppper great for people who take multiple hits from the same bowl over a few hours

GrandWazoo

It makes the grasshoppper great for people who take multiple hits from the same bowl over a few hours
In fact I use to get two hits , than other two maybe after two hours , when I'm on Holydays after one . In this manner you'll get completely high all day long without any peak : stable high . Which is actually a good way .

jules172

In fact I use to get two hits , than other two maybe after two hours , when I'm on Holydays after one . In this manner you'll get completely high all day long without any peak : stable high . Which is actually a good way .

Microdoses for the win! It's nice and smooth that way, agreed.

So the green titanium version I got definitely seems to get warmer than my stainless steel version. Also seemed to work better for me. Both used on the 3rd setting. My ss didn't seem to brown anything even when I turned it up all the way, but I thought it was me. ...

almost there

Microdoses for the win! It's nice and smooth that way, agreed.

So the green titanium version I got definitely seems to get warmer than my stainless steel version. Also seemed to work better for me. Both used on the 3rd setting. My ss didn't seem to brown anything even when I turned it up all the way, but I thought it was me. ...
I use to feel the same way but after seeing today's Reddit post I'm glad there's a few people that can substantiate this. Still if it's such a small minority why doesn't HL just replace our faulty units and shut everyone up vs making those few with bad luck repeat the RMA process over and over without resolution. Also Unless I'm wrong every single person that has this problem of late is an owner of the ss hopper.

nonbeliever

Hi folks. Happy hopper user here for about the last 6 months (and have lurked all that time), I have been lucky enough to have had a pretty reliable experience, no warranty needed so far (I have a hot backend, but am still happy with the performance). Prior to that I had a Vapir No2 that I used exclusively for years, so needless to say, this was quite the upgrade!

I wanted to ask about draw techniques / tips you guys have. I tend to go for the slow then fast cycles, like VaporEyes uses, just because it seems to work reasonably, but I haven't really played about with different draws much. Hopper Labs say that you can hit it however and it will be effective, but it definitely seems to change the vapor quality some way. So, how are y'all hitting it?

I'm curious about the PFE - does anyone have the Ti one yet? I see lots of people talking about it gets hot when used directly, which is interesting, but I wonder whether the Ti version will do better on that score. To be honest I don't really mind the draw restriction of the regular mouthpiece, but maybe that's just based on my lack of experience with lots of other vapes.

I tend to take big deep draws at somewhere between 4.5 and 5 on the Hopper temp scale, turn off the unit at the end of the draw and go an extra bit to clear out the heat. With the original MP, 10 -12 secs. Now with the PFE, a bit shorter 6 - 8 seconds... much Less resistance when drawing. I have found the PFE (I have both a SS and a TI unit) is cooler draw and cooler operating... the TI noticeably cooler than the SS.

I use it like a convection version of a one hitter.

MoltenTiger

Got my parcel today!

2x PFE (SS, Ti),
2x GH (blue, Ti),
2x stickers,
3x GHB2's (now have a more durable wrap and a darker blue)

FUCK YES.

This thing is the absolute shit! Easily my favourite way to consume the herb by a good magnitude. It's next level, near instant on, AMAZING flavour, INTENSE effect, EVEN extraction, RESPONSIVE temperatures.

Fuck me have I missed this, I'll be carting my EQ back to whoever wants to lend the thing - I have NO use for it with the hoppers.

The PFE's are excellent.
They retain heat though, if heat was a problem with the standard MP, it might actually be worse with the PFE.

However, the PFE allows for brilliant adaptability. It's very nice to use with glass joints, basically what I always wanted. So far the SS might be slightly smoother and nicer to remove like a slide, the Ti is much lighter though (almost half the weight - SS 11.3g vs. Ti 6.6g).
The SS has very nice acoustic qualities though, and the weight balance of either PFE is cool. You can drop it from a small height and it can bounce to stand upright (similar to the Ti front-end landing on it's angled edge).
With the SS on a Ti hopper, it is quite top heavy.. I prefer Ti with Ti, the thread smoothness has minimal difference but it is more 'solid' with the SS.
The SS with the Blue anodised unit looks very nice, I'm glad I didn't go for a HT or blue one (I clean with PBW, so anodised is out). The blue unit does look nearly as good / the same with the plain Ti PFE.

I haven't even tried the SS yet, but I'm about to :D

Somethings I've noticed with the returned units:
Heater/screen is now silver not blue. It looks like the biggest change I've seen from the 3 versions I've seen before.
Back-ends have been worked on. My Ti is rigid af and super, duper smooth. The blue is similarly rigid, but not quite as smooth (unless the back-end is loosened slightly). It takes more effort to twist on the back-ends with either unit, the battery is a much tighter fit than before.
The units shells are the same, my PBW'd bronze-now-not-blue MP returned as it was sent.
No noticeable extra marks, in fact the scratches I sent it in with seem to have faded considerably. Probably just the nature of Ti though.

Haven't discovered if my units still require double clicking from a time-out.

But anyways, back to testing.
My last hit of Cheese at T3.5 was possibly the best vaping experience I've ever had, or at least the best hit of the year so far. The flavour was crazy, the massive cloud was utterly smooth, the effect was beautiful and slightly unlike what I'd experienced from that strain previously. I feel like the four hits I had (the chamber, 3.5, 4.5, 5, 5) got me further than the same material through the EQ.
With the hopper experience, it has it's ups and downs, the lows aren't all that bad, the highs are the fucking bees kness. My experience with this thing just gets better and better, one bowl down and I'm already tolerant of the idea of spending 3 weeks and 15 bucks to keep at it. Love these things.

MoltenTiger

The hopper was a little hard on me, two chambers down, probably 0.25g of cheese and I'm rekt

I managed to break my drop down in typical high fashion lol

Quality - unlike borosyndicate, fuck their quality the bastards (a 60 dollar adapter should be reinforced but this thing had glass much thinner than a mm on the bubbly welds... got ripped).
I'm going to salvage the joints and makes some Hopper stands though, and I've luckily already got a custom 18-14 en route

I had a little play around with the PFE direct during my two chambers, mind you I was outside and it's probably less than 5°C atm.
I found it alright, but I'd still say that it is benefited by putting more of the PFE into your mouth, and even still using further cooling is going to be worthwhile (for the size hits I prefer).

I haven't put my pen ends on at all yet, and I might not for a long while.

I can see that with the PFE I get more percolation in my glassware, and the airflow is very satisfying (it's nicer and easier to use to get decent clouds either way)

As others have noted, these things seem to gunk up a little quicker/easier than the normal MP, but they are easier to clean. It's mainly collecting more ABV stuck to its screen than the standard, but it's easy enough to brush away. I am expecting my MFLB brush will be coming in handy a lot more than before.

I'm also thinking I'm seeing that, as there's no condensed section collecting resin, more oil is clearly in my glass from much less use, and I think perhaps the hits punch harder with the PFE.

Last edited:

JoeMama

From what I've read, the PFE is best suited for water pipe usage, however some have much preferred it and have replaced the front-end to it permanently. I am expecting to do the same, but I'd like to explore some pros/cons relative to different usage styles.

I tend to take big deep draws at somewhere between 4.5 and 5 on the Hopper temp scale, turn off the unit at the end of the draw and go an extra bit to clear out the heat. With the original MP, 10 -12 secs. Now with the PFE, a bit shorter 6 - 8 seconds... much Less resistance when drawing. I have found the PFE (I have both a SS and a TI unit) is cooler draw and cooler operating... the TI noticeably cooler than the SS.

I use it like a convection version of a one hitter.

A week or so ago I'd polled for opinions on the PFE and decided to buy one. Just got it today...

It does exactly what I hoped... I don't use water (rarely if at all), but take periodic, LONG, single hits throughout the day. Sometimes the regular MP use feels like I'm clogged and it makes the draw somewhat "tense". The PFE is PERFECT for me, it feels far more easy to draw, and most of all, the draw doesn't take as long, just like @nonbeliever says above.

I only got the grey Ti one, because they are "out of stock" on the raw Ti. Weird that you can't even "add it to cart". Does anyone know when they might have raw Ti PFE's?

PAZ

I'm sure it's been posted before, but can anyone recommend a cheap mouthpiece extension for this? I was using basic Silicone Tubing, but it ended up getting misplaced.

PAZ,

MoltenTiger

I'm sure it's been posted before, but can anyone recommend a cheap mouthpiece extension for this? I was using basic Silicone Tubing, but it ended up getting misplaced.
MFLB stems work well with the GH's included silicone cover, as do EQ mouthpieces.
I have one of these 3D printed bubblers which are pretty cool, but I haven't had a good try with it yet as I only just got my hoppers back

I think the best way though, which is a bit more expensive, is with the PFE and a small bubbler, glass dome or similar. Removing silicone from the interface is the way to go.

fb81668ac7.png

A 14mm 10cm downstem would be a pretty cool attachment for a big straw type set up too

nonbeliever

I only got the grey Ti one, because they are "out of stock" on the raw Ti. Weird that you can't even "add it to cart". Does anyone know when they might have raw Ti PFE's?
I'd drop Caroline at Hopper Labs a note and ask her. She's usually good at responding to those questions.

nonbeliever,
Reactions: JoeMama

JCat

Accessory Maker
MFLB stems work well with the GH's included silicone cover, as do EQ mouthpieces.
I have one of these 3D printed bubblers which are pretty cool, but I haven't had a good try with it yet as I only just got my hoppers back

I think the best way though, which is a bit more expensive, is with the PFE and a small bubbler, glass dome or similar. Removing silicone from the interface is the way to go.

fb81668ac7.png

A 14mm 10cm downstem would be a pretty cool attachment for a big straw type set up too
I've been thinking of similar ideas ... I'm thinking about ordering one of these (14mm female)

http://www.planetvape.ca/herbalizer-balloon-bag-gong-adapter.html

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can you compare it to Focus vape?
Sorry but I missed your post...

Completly different beast... both are portables powered vapes that's all!

Main difference is the heating method. The Focus is a great value vape but the GH is in the upper upper class in term of design and performances.

To be honnest I was not a believer and even cancelled my pre-order ... I didn't got a lot of confidences and expectations in this vape ... but I totally changed my mind since I got it. My complains don't differ from the others: too hot mp (I don't understand why that's not yet redesigned!)and poor battery life (but I didn't tested GHB2) mainly.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Verdampftnochmal finally got their prepaid(!) order from october (!!) from GHL and now have ss and pure ti hoppers - no coloured tis anymore! - and GHB2 back in stock again. May be the last time cause GHL want to deliver only orders twice as high. Never heard from a vape company which forced their retailers to order a certain amount of devices.
I've heard the same about Vaposhop who don't want to sell hoppers anymore for similar reasons.
Love the hopper but this company sucks after all you can hear and read.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Verdampftnochmal finally got their prepaid(!) order from october (!!) from GHL and now have ss and pure ti hoppers - no coloured tis anymore! - and GHB2 back in stock again. May be the last time cause GHL want to deliver only orders twice as high. Never heard from a vape company which forced their retailers to order a certain amount of devices.
I've heard the same about Vaposhop who don't want to sell hoppers anymore for similar reasons.
Love the hopper but this company sucks after all you can hear and read.
Here's something you might read from a different perspective.
HL is a startup company, has not taken boatloads of investor or big pharma cash to get going. I give them huge credit for how far they've taken this product -- just a few people on their own power.
They have been and still are a direct seller of their own invention, allowing only a few retailers, whether in US or abroad.
Almost every Hopper they have sold has been on a cash-up-front basis. Early birds laid out cash and waited. I waited patiently for a full year, some people a lot longer -- after giving them hundreds of dollars (I ordered four and got a great discount for pre-ordering) on the hope they'd deliver a good product, sometime.

I am sympathetic to people outside of US, because it is much more difficult to be a Hopper owner for several reasons. But I don't fault the company for keeping things close to the belt and close to home.

They have delivered on the product, it works great and I have used the lifetime warranty multiple times receiving excellent service every time, from the very same people who made the hoppers. I love that!

I apologize if my response to your post is strong, I hope you might understand some of the nice things about these good folks, even as they stumble a little, and I know they have disappointed some folks and stepped on some toes. But they really don't need any retail or distribution outlets when it comes down to it and I find I can respect that. It's a different business model than the traditional ones we are used to.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I'm sorry but I don't agree. Imagine your are a retailer. You see a an interesting startup project. You support this idea with all risks with THOUSANDS of $ and have to wait for years to get your stuff. You make service support for your customers but get no compensation by the company. You are ordering and paying hoppers for thousands of dollars and have to wait 9 month to get them while every customer who is directely ordering at GHL gets his stuff - meanwhile - after some days. And then you will be forced to order unreasonable amounts of devices. That has nothing to do with start up probs that is just an unserious poor style IMHO. And all international end customers have to pay the bill if retailers stop selling their stuff and have to do their RMA directely with them with all issues and costs.
Probably GHL dont want to have any retailers anymore - at least it seems so. Their decision - so far I'm with you - but really no good style. It's a bit like the moor has done his duty the moor can go. And if he don't want to go freely I'll force him to go.

May be this style is a normal buisiness behaviour in the US like your brutal 'hire and fire' politics. For europeans its very strange.

And btw their business behaviour to regular customers wasn't so fine in the past too. Meanwhile this has nothing to do with start up probs anymore - please no more exculpations in that way anymore.

How said I love working hoppers really much - but regarding GHL I'm sniffing at them.

I'm really no hater but have no understanding for their way of buisiness behaviour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom