Discontinued The Grasshopper

Office_Printer

Hmmm, I'm seeing £199 on vapefiend.. is that with a black friday special/coupon??
No coupon. When you put in a US address it will subtract the 20% VAT since it is shipping outside the UK. So when I am logged in it shows me the price of £165.83.

b368vBf.jpg

Baron23

from what I've gathered, it seems that GH Labs ran out of batteries over a month ago, and that's why they haven't actually shipped any Grasshoppers or spare battery orders in that time.

So on this Thanksgiving, I hope that all of you who were able to get your hands on some GHB2s before they were all gone are feeling thankful.... the rest of us will likely be waiting until 2017
These dudes definitely need some improved supplier management and logistics planning.

Baron23,

abcd5432

Is there a post summarizing the recent happenings? I see there is a second unit out now or something? Has Grasshopper caught up with shipments at all or are they still pretty behind?
Any improvements in the design process since release?

abcd5432,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Well, that was interesting.

Prior to sitting down to watch the latest X-Men explosion-fest I loaded up my hopper for a little belief-suspension assistance.

Before starting I needed to change the battery. In doing so, I unwittingly set the temp to 5 and took my first hit without checking.

I normally run my hoppers at 4, rarely temp stepping up from 3.5 to 4 but usually just straight at 4.

You see where this is going. :whoa:

That is some massive cloud production, right there. I could not keep up. I do believe I've had a small glimpse of the power that awaits when pairing the hopper with a water piece which will make it manageable.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! :science:

Anyway, the movie was fun too and belief was well-suspended.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, that was interesting.

Prior to sitting down to watch the latest X-Men explosion-fest I loaded up my hopper for a little belief-suspension assistance.

Before starting I needed to change the battery. In doing so, I unwittingly set the temp to 5 and took my first hit without checking.

I normally run my hoppers at 4, rarely temp stepping up from 3.5 to 4 but usually just straight at 4.

You see where this is going. :whoa:

That is some massive cloud production, right there. I could not keep up. I do believe I've had a small glimpse of the power that awaits when pairing the hopper with a water piece which will make it manageable.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! :science:

Anyway, the movie was fun too and belief was well-suspended.
Geez, it took you long enough, even took an error to get there!
It's another level and when you hook to water it will smooth it out. Flavor is compromised by both temp and water, but ...
I won't say it's better way, just another way; I still often go for nicer flavor at lower temps. Nice to have options!

Mr. Me2

Aaaaaand purchased. Stoked on this! I've been loving my new Firewood 4 but couldn't pass up the opportunity to add this to my arsenal.

Any tips right out of the box?
Here are a few suggestions...

Medium grind just dropped in the oven, maybe with the lightest of tamps.

I prefer level 3 for heat setting, but experiment.

Don't place your lips on the very tip. It gets quite warm. Instead, place your lips at the end of the tapor.

I turn my gh off after each pull and wait for it to completely cool down before my next heat up and pull.

That should get you started. Remember the gh resources page if you encounter any bumps. And of course, us fellow hoppers are always here.

Last edited:

moondog

Geez, it took you long enough, even took an error to get there!
It's another level and when you hook to water it will smooth it out. Flavor is compromised by both temp and water, but ...
I won't say it's better way, just another way; I still often go for nicer flavor at lower temps. Nice to have options!
What can I say? I'm a creature of habit.

I don't know how you "hit it native at 5" guys do it. My throat is wrecked this morning. I'll definitely have some water hooked up next time I try that.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I find that wrecked throat feeling dissipates fairly quickly, far quicker than when I used to wake up after a night of smoking.

However, having used the hopper on 5 through water and not waking up with a wrecked esophagus I'm going to always opt for my hopper/orbiter combination wherever possible.

GrandWazoo

Sorry for my bad English I really don't understand what you mean for threads, the threads to clean with Deoxite . It's not the contact in the back end , is it where you screw /unscrew the back end ? Thanks for the answer

Last edited:
GrandWazoo,

GrandWazoo

Basically it's the threads at the backend as well as the contacts said:
This is where I find the intersting discussion about hot back end. I really appreciate you all for the good job here . Due to my English I'm only at pag 442 but someday I will be at now (SpaceBalls docet). For history , I got a SS that works well since two months , it had two issues (redblue flashing two times and charger one time , got new charger never used since I read on FC about external ones). Think this is a very great vape , It's stealthy , odor free , very fast heat , I take it every day and everywhere. Four batteries and a little glass tool , that is an adapter of a Bong , fits ok also without silicone. Somehow I got a hot backend so I decided to buy an article that can be what in USA you call Deoxite. It's a spray , put it on contacts and then after some rubbed with a Qtip. It's good for a while but not permanent . Anyway I don't think I will get warranty for that, it's not a great problem but I try to get the best from my GH. Another question : does the front end of a coloured titanium fit on the body of a SS ?

Last edited:
GrandWazoo,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Posted this kinda mouthpiece adapter in the Milaana thread already, but as it's available in different versions (18mm m/f, 14mm m/f) and very good to help cool down the unbearable heat stream produced by the GH, I thought I tout once more :D It's only around $5.

Here we go:
2Pz1X9g.jpg

Fits the GH condom too - I prefer using a piece of silicone tube that won't slip off that easily. That 90 degrees really help "breaking" the heat.

Bought on dhgate:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/14mm-...emale/387049449.html#myaccount_history-2-null

have fun! :peace:

Last edited:

moondog

THIS JUST IN:

header.jpg

Grasshopper Monthly Newsletter
Grasshoppers For the Holidays

The wait time for a Grasshopper is shorter than ever. Order now to receive an estimated delivery before the holidays!

Visit Our Website!

grid_1.d602f30fd340.jpg

I haven't spent any time on the shipping thread lately, but GHL must feel pretty good about their current building/shipping situation if they are willing to promise hoppers in time for the holidays. It's one thing to mess with vapist expectations; but messing with people's holiday gifting?

EDIT: Hmm, just noticed that they are promising an "estimated delivery" in time for the holidays. This should be interesting. :popcorn:

Roland Blaze

THIS JUST IN:

header.jpg

The wait time for a Grasshopper is shorter than ever. Order now to receive an estimated delivery before the holidays!

Visit Our Website!

grid_1.d602f30fd340.jpg

I haven't spent any time on the shipping thread lately, but GHL must feel pretty good about their current building/shipping situation if they are willing to promise hoppers in time for the holidays. It's one thing to mess with vapist expectations; but messing with people's holiday gifting?

EDIT: Hmm, just noticed that they are promising an "estimated delivery" in time for the holidays. This should be interesting. :popcorn:

HAHAHAAA! Ah, that's funny.

Shiiiiiit... this Cheese is amazing, i've missed Xmas and it's April Fools aready!? :brow:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive

They told me "next week" so many times I literally had to burry my face in my hands for a second after reading that
PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

They can promise you an estimate any day but does not mean it is going to be true in anyway

I am lucky if I get it in December and my first estimation was for June 2016

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This Holiday offering is pretty ballsy.

On one hand they're setting a lot of people up for more disappointment, and right at the holiday time. Does HL have a realistic expectation of completely catching up with all of their pre-orders in the next 4 to 5 weeks?

It looks like lately they are shipping (sporadically?) units ordered in early months of 2016, so over the course of the past several months we've seen the lead times go from 12 months down to 9. Are they abruptly reducing that number now to 5-6 weeks? from today?

On the other hand, if HL plans to be all caught up in 6 weeks, with ~9 months backlog PLUS holiday increase, then some of the employees might be looking for a new job come January! Maybe they can be put to work tanning hides and sewing leather sleeves.

For perspective, I ordered in early August '15 and delivery was projected to be Sept. '15. I received mine in August '16.

At least now we'll be able to see relatively quickly how this enticement plays out.

While I do love my gh,

seeing use
of the holidays
to hype hopper
makes me unhappy.

Edit; Just realized this was my 1,000th post... and I made kinda Haiku. :\

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
This is just not happening... I received this "fabulous" newsletter as well and I kinda felt and acted like you @Hjalmark ...
I had the same excuse with @Purple Lava Lamp regarding the batts and basically according to HL my hoppers are ready for shipment but the batteries shipment are holding them back.. These guys are just amazing...in a negative way! I've given up any attempts trying making them feel bad for their service and I'm just waiting it for them while getting any of their bullshitting as it comes along.
No matter how good product they may have, if you're lucky and it's not faulty when you receive it, it's just inappropriate the way that they're dealing with their customers. It's like if we're junkies and we're waiting for our dose desperately... WELL SCREW THEM!!!
I'm just hoping that my hoppers arrive at some point and fingers crossed I won't have to deal again with them.. I will be very frustrated if I have to send any of them back for repair/change..
And after that, nowhere near those fuckers again.. They have no right in lying and bullshitting so many people like that.. And If it was in my hands, I would turn people away from them in the near future. They don't deserve doing business when they are treating their customers like that.
Other than that, I hope you guys are ok and that you're having the most out of your hoppers! Fingers crossed to all of us that are still on the waiting list, that we get ours before Xmas!

Cheers

AJS

Calm Consistency
Was going out to a bar with some friends and family and started packing up my other vape in a case with stems and herb and I thought, the fuck am I doing.
Put it all in a drawer, packed a fat GH bowl to last me the night, and carried it in my pocket. Couldn't be easier. No multiple bowl packs, no extra stems, just a fuckin pen. How is this real.

Hit the bathroom *click* *rip*
*click* *stoned*. 15 seconds. From a pen. Really ...?

MoltenTiger

THIS JUST IN:

header.jpg

Visit Our Website!

grid_1.d602f30fd340.jpg

Strange update...
Who are they sending that message to?
People with hoppers and people waiting. People waiting are properly annoyed by it, and people with one don't really care about receiving a weak marketing statement.
I will still recommend anyone interested to buy retail.

I guess they're waiting on batteries and are about to send out a mass shipment, but the backlog is sizeable still. It would have been an appropriate update if they'd dropped the word 'estimate' and actually had some faith in their abilities to deliver.
We've already eaten enough of their weak sauce and that update was a hoppered af moment for HL PR

moondog

Strange update...
Who are they sending that message to?
People with hoppers and people waiting. People waiting are properly annoyed by it, and people with one don't really care about receiving a weak marketing statement.

Perhaps it was aimed at happy hopperers who might consider gifting one to someone else. But those folks would be all too aware of the ephemeral nature of the HL ESD, so...

I got nothin'

AJS

Calm Consistency
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I just realized you could put the silicone tip over the button when it's not in use and ur going native, and it also protects the button from being pressed if needed when on the move.
Cool!

MoltenTiger

Perhaps it was aimed at happy hopperers who might consider gifting one to someone else. But those folks would be all too aware of the ephemeral nature of the HL ESD, so...

I got nothin'
I think that's it in a nutshell..
But Vapefiend is a ~$25USD premium, and you can receive one as soon as next week. Way before Christmas or whatever HL are alluding to.

So, as most people don't know that fact, this update is just a weak attempt at a revenue boost. If it was worded confidently it would mean something, it just seems like they've set themselves up for further let downs. Yet again. Customers hate that shit, who are they kidding

pecosthecat

It is very strange that they are guaranteeing delivery for new orders before the holiday. I placed my order back in February and it still hasn't shipped, which is kind of ridiculous.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
As our 7 batteries (2 Hoppers/people) all go into decline I’m less inclined to care about their lifespan or good management, while I'm also a little concerned about tracking which ones are the ‘good’ ones, etc., so I’m thinking of trying to work with one, maybe two at a time until they each give out.

I got out a second HL charger to be available and for starters, that made it easier to try this out:

With a new, full chamber, took a nice hit at temp. 3.8, but flashing red came on and heat stopped as in, time for battery charge. I attached HL charger and switched on. It soon went to blue for another nice long draw, but then to red flashing (I know it can do this without plugging in, but typically only once). Turned it off and set it down for a minute, was able to repeat and then 3X more to finish at temp 4.8, all without swapping a battery out – for another that might only last one or two bowls anyway.

I don’t think the Hopper would keep this pace indefinitely (regardless of battery age); not so sure it is true pass through and further, i believe usb doesn’t deliver enough current…but maybe I’m gonna find the limit soon enough!

@JoeMama & @Bass Vaper I want to note this: I'm using two different chargers (v1) and two wall warts (from S&B Crafty). Been connecting magnet to Hopper and removing a lot, and also leaving on charger during/after use. Sometimes the charge cycle will not initiate when magnet is connected. Try again, still no lights. And sometimes with charge connected, after a draw and click to off, the charge doesn't initiate, even after minutes to cool. Remove/replace magnet does not start charge cycle. Unplug/re-plug usb from wall wart, or wart from wall, and charge begins. Methinks high, wtf? I don't see a distinct/repeating behavior but I do see that occasionally I unplug/replug the far end of charge wire to get some action.

It is very strange that they are guaranteeing delivery for new orders before the holiday. I placed my order back in February and it still hasn't shipped, which is kind of ridiculous.
Even stranger is that they are NOT guaranteeing delivery by the holidaze, only that an estimated ship month of 'December' will be assigned to the order. Track record on meeting esd's is clear.

Top Bottom