Discontinued The Grasshopper

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Ha! Fair enough, Dog. Maybe a little hasty in my frustrated response. Like I told the Lab, I was nice until the 9th warranty request. My composure is toast by now.

All I can do is share my experiences, which appear to share the same overall theme of "dogshit" as the posts from new Hopper users continues to grow.

In all sincerity, I'm glad your experience has been great. I'm envious.
No worries, BassVaper. Yours has surely been an exorbitantly non-positive experience and it is certainly appropriate for you to share that experience here.

I guess my point was that, IMO, sharing our experiences in settings such as this can do the most good for the most people if they are presented in the appropriate context. If it's my personal experience, that's how I present it. I try hard not to generalize.

Like everyone else, I'm sorry that your GHL experience has been so unpleasant and I hope that when you divest yourself you will find a vape that works (as in "functions" :lol:) and works well for your usage case.

JoeMama

OK, sorry for the change of topic, but this is an official review of this familiar looking case that was posted a while back...

UJVpp5K.jpg

Simply stated, don't buy it. It's a fucking pencil case. I knew that; I saw the pics on the website. But no, I went and got it because I'm impetuous. Need to change my bud strain. :ugh:

Here is a picture of it from the only angle I could (impatiently) create:

niv6ME0.jpg

There is no way a Hopper body fits through the elastic rings hidden under the leather cross-strap.
Batteries will fit, but with a flopping Hopper.. nah, it's shit for a Hopper lover.

Of course, it's Canada Post, and I'm on the other side of the future Canadian Wall, so I think I'll gift this fine but not-quite-as-expected item to a school kid for Christmas.

Thus concludes this thorough and detailed review.
:bowdown:

EDIT: Anyway, I was saving an additional piece of input for when I got the case, thinking I'd take a nice picture with everything loaded inside... including one oft-forgotten necessity. Always keep something like a 1-inch square of Blue Tac inside whatever case you use! You can't go wrong, and it occupies near-zero space. Just keep the paper peels it comes with and smush it flat between them to store it again.

Last edited:

moondog

OK, sorry for the change of topic, but this is an official review of this familiar looking case that was posted a while back...

Simply stated, don't buy it. It's a fucking pencil case.

There is no way a Hopper body fits through the elastic rings hidden under the leather cross-strap.
Batteries will fit, but with a flopping Hopper.. nah, it's shit for a Hopper lover.

Of course, it's Canada Post, and I'm on the other side of the future Canadian Wall, so I think I'll gift this piece of shit to a school kid for Christmas.

I too was tempted by that case, Joe. Thanks for taking the bullet and thanks for the VAAS-quenching info.

EDIT: Anyway, I was saving an additional piece of input for when I got the case, thinking I'd take a nice picture with everything loaded inside... including one oft-forgotten necessity. Always keep something like a 1-inch square of Blue Tac inside whatever case you use! You can't go wrong, and it occupies near-zero space. Just keep the paper peels it comes with and smush it flat between them to store it again.

Nice! :tup: Thanks for this as well.

I suddenly flashed on the idea of a hopper roadside repair kit like the bike riders have for their rides.

So, fellow hopper-istanians; denizens of the hopper nation engaging in all sorts of hopperation and info-sharing co-operation...<ahem>...where was I?

Ah, yes: Let's say you were going to put together a hopper roadside assistance kit as a gift for someone who just got a hopper, what essentials would you be sure to include?

I'm sure we've done this before, but what new additions have we discovered/created? But don't leave out the classics. They're classics for a reason.

Or don't bother to reply other than to tell me to go home and get some sleep. My hopper and I had a meeting with Dr. Grinspoon and I have no idea what I'm typing. :whoa:

JoeMama

I too was tempted by that case, Joe. Thanks for taking the bullet and thanks for the VAAS-quenching info.

I suddenly flashed on the idea of a hopper roadside repair kit like the bike riders have for their rides.

So, fellow hopper-istanians; denizens of the hopper nation engaging in all sorts of hopperation and info-sharing co-operation...<ahem>...where was I?

Ah, yes: Let's say you were going to put together a hopper roadside assistance kit as a gift for someone who just got a hopper, what essentials would you be sure to include?

I'm sure we've done this before, but what new additions have we discovered/created? But don't leave out the classics. They're classics for a reason.

Or don't bother to reply other than to tell me to go home and get some sleep. My hopper and I had a meeting with Dr. Grinspoon and I have no idea what I'm typing. :whoa:
Great minds think alike, they say... I guess that goes for sick minds too. :rofl:

Moon, I've also thought about those essentials... I think there is a point on that list, around whether tweezers and ISO should count as "essentials". Are they? Would it ever be likely you'd need to remove the MP screen? Personally, nah, but I can understand someone's preference for it.

Would Blue Tac replace the need for ISO, in the regard of keeping something clean while on the go?

And while we consider items for the hopper... I started using one of these for carrying emergency stash. Watertight, It holds a good amount, enough to last me at least 2 days, and it's so innocuous that I bet it would even fly through "tricky spots" while traveling. People use these things for carrying important medicine. Well? It's important medicine!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SFIRJK8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
qclFAH4.jpg

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

UJVpp5K.jpg

Simply stated, don't buy it. It's a fucking pencil case. I knew that; I saw the pics on the website. But no, I went and got it because I'm impetuous. Need to change my bud strain. :ugh:

Here is a picture of it from the only angle I could (impatiently) create:

niv6ME0.jpg

Of course, it's Canada Post, and I'm on the other side of the future Canadian Wall, so I think I'll gift this fine but not-quite-as-expected item to a school kid for Christmas.

Thus concludes this thorough and detailed review.
:bowdown:

Try using a needle or scissors to loosen and remove one of the seams. Merging 2 compartments to a bigger one. This might be sufficient for the Hopper? If it's too loose then, you could use a stapler to fix the rubber band accordingly - just watch out not to ruin your precious backside.
I always do these kinda steps to customize random cases to holding different models. :)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Hi Joe, I'm very sorry to hear that!

I dont exactly understand where is the Prob. The elastic ribbons are to tight for the hopper? Whats about the first pic. There the Hopper seems to fit? Could you take one or two more pics to visualisize the prob?

Hogni,

Mr. Me2

For me, most needed accessories come from @Ratchett. His gh leather case accommodates most needed accessories, including a doob tube (but I must admit, I really like that pill case, @JoeMama). And I've come to rely on his mini scoop (which fits in the case) and gh stand (take your pick...). I also can't live without an external charger (Nightcore d2for me), and extra batteries.

And don't forget about maintenance. ISO (maybe packaged wipes for the case?), tweezers, a little blu tac... What am I missing.

Not necessarily for on the go, but a grinder and storage (I love my Aerospaced case).

Okay, mine was a gh accessories list (not including glass), and not just a travel repair kit. For travel repairs, I think all you would need is an extra battery, the gh charger, ISO wipes, a couple q tips (just in case), tweezers (likely overkill), a poker (or better yet, the mini scoop and poke), and a little blu tac.

Let's see what others need or want...

MoltenTiger

My hopper and I had a meeting with Dr. Grinspoon and I have no idea what I'm typing. :whoa:

:science:
I'm generally hoppered when I post but there have been multiple occasions where I've given up due to difficulty. Now is nearly one of those times haha.
Just performed an IPA evap reclaim of my EQ glass hardware, scraped it up with a glass dabber (add one to the tool kit guys, I got one free in a bimonthly OzBox drop and haven't used anything else to scrape out spent bowls since. I don't know, glass just feels good in the chamber (I was using a metal vape tool before), I'd recommend trying it, I sure would have never thought of it. Lots of cool glass dabbers available too, I kind of like the idea of getting a pencil made up with some quality heady colours.) anyway..
So yeah, rinse a small volume of pure IPA through anything with reclaimability (the hoppers MP is possibly a good candidate, not really sure) then pour the golden liquid into a small container and let it sit over night. I've cleaned vape gear a lot over the years, mainly the EQ elbows and washed so much goodness away. Never again.
I also got one of these Black Leaf filling trays in the OzBox (box of paraphenalia for 50% retail value), which replaced my months old folded business card. Both work well, though the filling tray is hard to find
BL-FILL-SND-03.jpeg

Just mix up a dab of oil with some dry herb on a tray/card, place a small bed of herb in the hopper, tip in the now super sticky bud and use a bubbler, preferably large. Kicks ass

moondog

I also got one of these Black Leaf filling trays in the OzBox (box of paraphenalia for 50% retail value), which replaced my months old folded business card. Both work well, though the filling tray is hard to find
BL-FILL-SND-03.jpeg

Man, I love that filling scoop. But I tracked it down on the Black Leaf site, and it's priced at $43.00 US!

MoltenTiger

Man, I love that filling scoop. But I tracked it down on the Black Leaf site, and it's priced at $43.00 US!
wtf

hahah that is crazy, I did have a quick browse on their site but couldn't find it.

So, I paid that price for the whole box haha, it came with a bubbler, two silicone mats, a 420 dab jar, a little plastic jar which I evaporated the goodies in, a dabber, a big bong mat, a coconut bowl, papers, roach papers, a lighter and a quartz nail.

That must be an error on the site, surely :lol:

Last edited:
MoltenTiger,

JoeMama

Hi Joe, I'm very sorry to hear that!

I dont exactly understand where is the Prob. The elastic ribbons are to tight for the hopper? Whats about the first pic. There the Hopper seems to fit? Could you take one or two more pics to visualisize the prob?

Ah, it's no big deal, but thanks, Hogni...

I already put the thing away for a time when it'll be gifted to someone...

The thing with the elastic loops inside is that they are all uneven (different diameters). Those loops cannot be "merged" with each other. They are each sewn in place. Now, not using those loops, the Hopper just sits under that leather band, and the hopper clip goes over it, as shown in the original pic. But in reality, the hopper clip doesn't "grab" anything, so it slides away from its place. Granted that when it's zipped shut, Hopper isn't going anywhere. But the thing is for pencils and pens.

If I get a chance later, I'll try snapping a couple more pics for you.

Onward!

MoltenTiger

Ah, it's no big deal, but thanks, Hogni...

I already put the thing away for a time when it'll be gifted to someone...

The thing with the elastic loops inside is that they are all uneven (different diameters). Those loops cannot be "merged" with each other. They are each sewn in place. Now, not using those loops, the Hopper just sits under that leather band, and the hopper clip goes over it, as shown in the original pic. But in reality, the hopper clip doesn't "grab" anything, so it slides away from its place. Granted that when it's zipped shut, Hopper isn't going anywhere. But the thing is for pencils and pens.

If I get a chance later, I'll try snapping a couple more pics for you.

Onward!
I reckon it's worth the mod. Either by cutting threads and modding the included ribbon or more simply, just install a new one. (one of those bandage elastic strap things might be a super easy solution)
then pick up a nice pencil to complete the set
gfg-119-349.jpg

----------
also, nice vids Payton :)
you have an interesting taste in music, that last video was very nice audibly

Last edited:

McQuack

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Just had to warranty my purple Ti for the second time. Got the cop lights and hopper labs are sending out another body.

Got the purple Ti in July 2016, it was a DOA which I got a replacement body for about ten days after the warranty request was raised.

So all in all 4 months survivability rating.

I do have my green hopper so it's not like I'm left hopperless.

Not complaining, just reporting my experience to the community.

Here's hoping for a very Hoppy Christmas for all!

JoeMama

Hey, @Hogni ...

I took a closer pic for you of the case....

9KUCzoE.jpg

Not only does the Hopper not fit in this case, the batteries do not fit at all either. I spent more than 2 minutes trying to put one battery through one of those elastic loops, and they only stretch so far. They are like the bands they put in cheap waistbands; they stretch a bit and then stop cold.

... that's all I have to say about that.

UOh6vBa.jpg

mephisto

Started a warranty case for my cop lights ti unit. Submitted yesterday morning, and by the time I got home from work Caroline had sent an email saying a replacement body was on its way. Same day service is the best a consumer can hope for. Now if only they would free up the V2 charger that I ordered on 11/5....

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I started a case for Ti Hopper on Monday afternoon. Hopper had stopped working on last Thurs. and I was waiting for SS to come back from the hospital (with a new Back End) so I could use it to 'test' the parts of the Ti. SS arrived (that was an eight day turn around, USPS sat on it for 4 days on return!) and within an hour I had submitted request, including my findings and light pattern (brief red then solid blue, no heat).

On Tuesday I had response that a new Ti Body would be sent and by end of day I had a ship confirmation, it had been picked up and reached Boulder P.O. Then Denver that evening. There's a slim chance I could have it (east coast US) even today, though tomorrow is more likely. Or maybe Denver will sleep on it a couple of days...

HL has been a pleasure to work with in this regard, but the frequency must be reduced. When I purchased bubble envelopes, they were 6 to a package, with a price break for 3+ packages. I'm now glad I got the 3 six packs.

Still, decent!

Hello guys new member here! Been a long time reader but never bothered to join. Well I got my SS grasshopper and I have to admit it works great but I don't like vaporizing I guess. The flavor is so strong I really don't like it. Only tried it twice so its still virtually new.

CapitalFlower

Any reason why the blue lights flicker even with new batteries? I thought it was supposed to signify battery getting low.

Also, I've discovered that if I screw the mouthpiece on lightly, the GH doesn't make that clicking/arcing noise. If I screw it on tight, the noise is quite loud. I wonder why?

CapitalFlower,
@GrandCherokeeSRT Have you tried varying your technique? Change your draw pattern. Slower, faster, deeper, shorter hold swirl around tongue and so forth. Turn it down, turn it up. Grind meds, whole pieces. Mouthpiece, Bong or add a wood tip. Flavor is something we adjust to. Finest wine or scotch tastes like crap to a neophyte.

I tried different temps, ground bud and none ground. Also tried short hard drags and long slow drags and the flavor to me is so incredibly over powering. Also seems to use twice as much bud compared to my other methods. I just don't think vaping is for me. I thought it would be because I have been vaping e liquid for years that is why i decided to give the grasshopper a try.

GrandCherokeeSRT,

guyonthecouch

Any reason why the blue lights flicker even with new batteries? I thought it was supposed to signify battery getting low.

Also, I've discovered that if I screw the mouthpiece on lightly, the GH doesn't make that clicking/arcing noise. If I screw it on tight, the noise is quite loud. I wonder why?
Blue lights flickering seem to go away after cleaning backend threading(on the body as well), the battery terminals and the batteries themselves. You'll notice a blackish residue. Keeping an eye on these areas can help with battery performance and should eliminate the flickering. I've also noticed that cleaning the bowl threads helps as well. Not sure if it's part of the design or not but it seems as if the flickering blue lights means it's time for a good cleaning.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

I tried different temps, ground bud and none ground. Also tried short hard drags and long slow drags and the flavor to me is so incredibly over powering. Also seems to use twice as much bud compared to my other methods. I just don't think vaping is for me. I thought it would be because I have been vaping e liquid for years that is why i decided to give the grasshopper a try.
What temp setting(s) do you use, or have you tried?

Have you vaped leaf in any other vaporizer? If so, which ones, and how does the taste compare?

Mr. Me2,
Top Bottom