1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

Do we think today is gonna be the day hopper labs responds to me?

LMAO. I think it’s been a week.

Cheesequake likes this.
  2. Thebigsmoke

Thebigsmoke Active Member

Hi everybody how are you all today. Just another few updated on my new hopper I still get the flicking blue lights when drawing but I can remedy it short term by moving the dial and the clicker slightly when the lights stay solid I get 3 to 4 bowls. When they were blinking I was lucky getting 2.

I was having a look around the threads on the back end they were spotless but I ran my finger around the inside threads on the back end and a small metal shaving caught my finger it was the width of a hair I can now see a stripped thread It feels smooth to screw on the backend until the last turn were it feels a bit ruff. I'm guessing this is what might be causing my flickering blue lights.im going to have it replaced.

Something else I notice when cleaning the unit was that when I blew air through the intake holes when the body has no mouthpiece or backend or battery that air travels from through the backend and past were the battery and electronics are. I thought the air path went strait to the oven and was isolated I'm guessing when the backend is screwed on it prevents air traveling in however does this mean if there wasn't an air tight seal then air could leak in over the battery and internals then into the oven and then into our lungs?
    On another note I ordered 3 batterys from hopper labs yesterday to be shipped to the UK. I used there UPS standered shipping. does anybody have any experience in what the wait time was I'm guessing a few weeks?. It says item prossesed when I check the order on there web page I'm just hoping that this changes to shipped soon and I get some tracking info.

Vapor_Eyes and MoltenTiger like this.
  3. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

I ordered 3 batteries 6 weeks ago with a new SS grasshopper. Have seen nothing, or heard zero replies to my inquiry. Now the only thing I need to wait for from GH is my refund.

4. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

Hope you have more luck than me.

KidFated. likes this.
  5. Thebigsmoke

I seen a notice on there site that any accessorys ordered with a unit will be delayed until the hopper is shipped unless we opt to have them shipped separately at a discount on postage. Maybe this is what is holding up your batterys as they won't ship them until your hopper is ready unless you ask for separate delivery.

6. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

me too, however I just dropped the same $ on a revamped convection portable. Now I no longer need worry IF or WHEN my vape will perform correctly. I also no longer need worry about the stainless carry tube and oils front end that were funded by us early adopters.

Thanks for the details on the accessories @Thebigsmoke , my SS was supposed to ship 4 weeks ago.
    I gave them 50% more time and still they cannot meet the challenge. I'm out of this shit show, and it really blows 'cuz the GH had such potential.

7. Thebigsmoke

I completely agree with all of what you have said. I hate waiting for something that I want and when that day of arrival comes and I still don't have what I ordered it drives me insane especially when company's are slow to reply but fast to take our cash. If you are based in the UK or Europe Namaste vapes sell the ti unit at a very good price(got mine for £170 with mext day delivery) and they cover the warranty for the first 6 months. I'm not trying to endorse them in anyway as I don't know if it's against the rules but from my personal experience I have bought a few vapes of them over the years and they have always been good with returns. Although I have seen a few comments in the forum that could tell the opposite of me. Good luck

8. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

It's perfectly within the rules to share your personal experience. :tup:

:peace:

Baron23, KidFated., BubbaGump and 4 others like this.
  9. frank grimes

frank grimes Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience dealing with theherbcafe.com? They are a store based in Toronto, Canada. If you buy a grasshopper from them, they say they warranty their hoppers locally and should not take very long to resolve. How is that possible? Hopper labs drags their feet with rma issues yet a distributor can fix it no problem? Just want to know if they are legit.

The store:
    https://theherbcafe.com/products/grasshopper-vaporizer

Their warranty announcement:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.red...p/canadian_grasshopper_warranty_announcement/

10. Helper

Helper Active Member

I emailed them the other day so basically, you pay for shipping there and back and one of the owners of hopper labs picks up the unit and checks it out, if it's no good the herb cafe will send you a unit of their stock and get credited, no repairs. Through this you can also have your hopper updated, they made this deal so Canadians wouldn't be shipping items over the border.

I haven't bought a hopper from them but I've bought several vapes in the past from them and they've been nothing but good to me. I'm contemplating on getting a hopper within a week from them too, sadly they seem to have just run out of batteries recently.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Vapor_Eyes and Hogni like this.
  11. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Picks it up? Does he commute from Colorado to Toronto to do this? Makes no sense.

12. Helper

Helper Active Member

No clue, but I was told one of the owners will take it to their office and check it out.

13. frank grimes

No, it is not sent to Colorado. There is a Canadian sales rep who is in charge of RMAs for theherbcafe.com. If you bought your grasshopper from the herb cafe and something is wrong, their warranty is that the Canadian sales rep who is also based in Toronto, will take a look at it and will approve straight exchanges. Sounds too good to be true, that’s why I was asking if anyone has experience with the herb cafe, in particular the grasshopper.

Also, they supposedly have the grasshopper with the new updates.

If this is true, I really want to give hopper labs a piece of my mind. WTF, they are so busy supplying their distributors that they’re not honoring their warranty (if it takes more than 6months to get it rma’d, that’s not a warranty...)

It’s funny, take it for what it’s worth but I called the herb cafe and they said the rep will perform a few tests on the pen to see if it’s actually broken and then issue out a replacement immediately if it is broken. So why does it take hopper labs so long to do their rma?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    KidFated. and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  14. Helper

Helper Active Member

I'm not saying it's taken to Colorado, I'm saying it's picked up from the store and taken to one of the owner's office, who I'm assuming is the local sales rep you're talking about.

I haven't bought a grasshopper but I've bought a few vapes from them and I have no complaints. But when they're out of stock of hoppers I'm guessing you're out of luck for a replacement until their next shipment comes in.

KidFated. and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  15. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

Anybody know what extra costs may be incurred if a Hopper is bought in Canada and shipped to US?
    Taxes? Customs Duty? Would a lot of extra time be needed for such delivery?

16. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

I've never had stuff from Canada with hidden costs. Maybe I'm just lucky. Shipping time might be a couple extra days but I wouldn't expect a long wait.

BubbaGump, Vapor_Eyes and vapviking like this.
  17. Scarpvape

Scarpvape Member

So I thought this was a great idea. A much lesser evil to having one unit fail and being sent away for however long they need to repair

[​IMG]

By the request of users, we have now made the body of the device available as a spare part. You can order spares directly from the accessories page or by clicking here. You will get 5% any accessory order placed in the next 48 hours with code "NWB5" Hopper availability is limited while we get caught up on orders and warranties but we do have a few HT units remaining. Find them here.

[​IMG]The newly available Hopper Spare Body.

18. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

It's sad they have to do that. :2c:

19. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Are these guys selling things they are yet to produce once again. Concept is ok but this is more hidden preorder bullshit.

elykpeace likes this.
  20. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

Completely agree. This is pretty much confirmation that they still can’t get a reliable hopper

Also back end fails too. So it would suck if your back end failed

Vapor_Eyes and elykpeace like this.
  21. frank grimes

Unbelievable...why would I buy a spare part if I have a lifetime warranty? Shouldn’t hopper labs be using those spare parts to remedy the RMAs? This just furthers the notion that they are just stalling and stonewalling everyone with broken pens. If I buy the part, I can get it right away or else I gotta wait 6 months for them to process my RMA?

Lol, buy American my ass. Made in China is looking pretty good to me.

22. Rel2018

Rel2018 Active Member

This is probably to satisfy RMAs who prefer a working hopper fast. The RMAs are majority of comentors and probably affecting sales the most. All new Hopper sold since May had good feedbacks at least from what I’ve read and those were few like 4-5)

elykpeace likes this.
  23. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

Just because they are for sale doesn't mean they will shp them to you in a timely fashion. Says 5-7 I'm guessing business days. Which is getting your body presold to you and then I'm sure it ships with your fixed hopper. Are they sending the hoppers to China to get fixed? That would make more sense why it is taking FOREVER to twist on a new body/back end and send it out next day... They need money

Edit: not a whole lot of love on that post about the update.. :lmao:

24. JoeMama

JoeMama Well-Known Member

BUT ITS THE FRIGGIN’ BACKEND I ALESYS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH!!!:rant:

25. Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes tripping off the beauty of it all

Everyone’s shooting the messenger lol. I gave the post a like for sharing the info. I had actually already read the email.

When I saw the email I optimistically thought it might have some good news about increasing production and reliability. It’s disappointing to see that the pace of production has not increased much if at all. They told us again that they will increase this pace so we will have to see what next month’s email says.

As for reliability, the fact they are starting to offer spare bodies makes me think they have not improved enough and it almost makes it look like Hopper Labs doesn’t have faith in their own product.

I find the concept strange and confusing. If production is backed up, where are the extra bodies coming from? If they are selling newly assembled bodies then there’s going to be fewer RMAs going out every week. And if I have a spare body do I still need to send the entire Grasshopper in to be serviced, to “make sure it has all the latest components”, or will they start letting us send parts in again like they used to? Just a couple of months ago in one of the updates they made a point to say that you have to send the entire device in for an RMA except for special circumstances.

If you still have to send in the whole hopper then the extra body is not going to do you much good. Yeah, it’ll get you hopping again in the short term but you will eventually be hopperless while your RMA processes.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors