1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by midgetsanchez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

you are aware that you'll be the very end of the service queue once you send it in, right? My calculation was, that without repair, a broken Hopper is just useless, so no matter if it's lying in my drawer or on their service pile, I can't use it, and if it's there, it's going to be fixed some time, and that "some time" can only be earlier than when it's lying in my drawer. If they go south, I can't use it any more anyway. I'm as unhappy with that company and their "communication" as anyone, but i'm extremely happy with their product when it's working, so personally I would send in a broken Hopper asap, no matter what. I haven't bought a bunch of tiny stainless steel parts, I have paid for that thing can do. Now even most of the harshest critics owning that thing agree on how unique it is, and many did what I did and bought at least one backup Hopper.

The german word for "to disappoint" is "enttäuschen" which could be translated as the opposite of deceiving oneself, being wrong in assuming something ("sich täuschen") and Enttäuschung (disappointment) can be seen as something positive, the end of a state of deception, "disdeception". Like it says in the theme song of Sons of Anarchy "Gotta look this world In the eye".

2. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Totally agree! But GHL is beginning to communicate with their customers at least. Is there still hope? :hmm:

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  3. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

I suppose there is still hope. Herbalizer closed without any advice with far less problems than HopperLabs so this people must really trust in the future of their product or they would have already capitulated. I wish they become reliable soon because I am European and importing from Usa is becoming more and more expensive so I wont risk buying a new unit if it will fail 100% sure.

4. btka

btka Well-Known Member

herbalizer as far as I know did have a lot of problems starting with pushing out the inventor from the company by the investors and patent infringement problems with storz and bickel... so please stick to the facts... and I also do not understand what the reliablity of the gh has to do with importing, you pay taxes/customs one time... if you send the hopper in for repairs and get it back you want puy customs taxes again....

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  5. Kermitt

Kermitt Well-Known Member

@btka
    Shipping from Europe to the USA is significantly more expensive than from the USA. In addition, the package is on the way longer and you may even have to pick it up at customs.

Vapor_Eyes, Easywider, Al.. and 3 others like this.
  6. btka

btka Well-Known Member

I know... send mine several times to hopperlabs... I thought she/he is talking about taxes and customs...

Kermitt and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  7. mario

mario Well-Known Member

This is actually almost the same thing I have. I am going to try some of the suggestions and see if I get better results. The Hopper is becoming my favorite vape right now. I can see why people are so upset when they break. There isn't much that compares.

8. °k

°k The sound of vapor

I've sent today an email and left a message on my RMA thread about an address change and asked for an update about my grey TI GH that been sent for warranty in April (several issues and very old component so I believe it needs both the heater and backend to be replaced).

A few hours later Hopper labs replied to my email to let me know my address had been updated (which I could verify on their site) and that my GH should be fixed within 30 to 60 days.

Vapor_Eyes, kbrown5523 and btka like this.
  9. kbrown5523

kbrown5523 Hopping in Washington

I finally got a response back from my latest RMA request because my hoppers came back running cold. After going back and forth via email and then a new support ticket they said to send my hoppers back in AGAIN.

Here was my response back to them:

"Really??? And how long will THAT take? I'm sorry, but I am trying my best to have patience because when it's working nothing can touch it. But seeing as I recently got them back from RMA hell, you can understand why the LAST thing I want to do is send them back to you again for MONTHS.

I am one of your biggest cheerleaders. I don't want your company to go under, I just want some working hoppers, but I don't know how to keep being positive about this anymore. Unlike a lot of other people I see on the forums, I only have one really CRAPPY back up vape. I don't have the MONEY to invest in wasted herb or other vapes. This is IT for me.

What I need now is for you all to make this right by me. If I HAVE to send them in, you need to pay for shipping both ways and expedite my hoppers. I mean get them, get them fixed within days, and get them back to me. A couple of new batteries might also help take the edge off.

I've been MORE than patient. I need you all to make this right now."

Vapor_Eyes and Hogni like this.
  10. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

These assholes added tracking information on the vape I've requested a refund on ~5 times now and waited on multiple months past its estimated ship date without so much as a returned email.

Edit: Just got off with paypal. Explained the whole situation and she said there's zero chance I'm going to have to end up paying for this. :)

Edit2: The tracking they provided isn't even valid. Not just hasn't updated yet, straight up invalid. The Paypal lady said they would be adding that info to the case. I wasn't going to cancel my charger/case orders but I definitely am now.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  11. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

They told me my hopper was ready to be returned, but I've sent multiple messages and they have not responded. LOL. It's awful.

Vapor_Eyes, Baron23 and Cheesequake like this.
  12. frank grimes

frank grimes Well-Known Member

Right now I’ve been using using my broken hopper for spare parts as I have a backup hopper too. I still use the body and the mouthpiece with my backup. Can you believe my entire backend completely disassembled as I was changing temps? I turned the temp dial which was getting sticky and all of a sudden I hear this crunching noise. I unscrew the backend from the body and all the pieces of the backend came apart. It was all attached with some cheap adhesive! What a load of bs!

*sigh* Right now I’ve got no choice but to follow hopper labs’ lead....they pretend to be running a real business and I pretend I have 2 working grasshoppers:(

Vapor_Eyes, Sonicboom1991 and Al.. like this.
  13. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

@PuffItUp pen* I'm telling you!

HL needs to get it together ..

Edited: mine is still working. I can't say I've had any good experiences with the company tho. Vapes great! :)

14. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

I'm soooo over this company. After asking within the warranty request form multiple times for refunds for the hopper I have an open paypal dispute with (hasn't shipped over a month past estimated ship date) and telling them my hopper is still messed up (battery lasts one bowl while my blue hopper lasts 3+) they had the balls to send me this.

Told them I want refunds on all 3 orders that haven't shipped yet. Maybe I'll get a reply in a couple weeks.

15. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

How much longer can these clowns survive?

Al.. likes this.
  16. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Hopefully my lifetime :myday:

17. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Now that mine is working so well I understand why some guys have multiple units. I would miss having one for sure but I just cant justify spending more money witha company like HL.

18. Rel2018

Rel2018 Active Member

On the one hand I agree with you but we all know the situation for a while now. When I ordered the GH I knew what was going on and I said to myself I wouldn’t get upset or nag them if they screw up, I would just be calm and move on. Kinda like loosing fast on blackjack.
    I also knew that even if it works well you never know what might happen with it.
    For example I have the GH shuts off completely after 3 seconds blue, every few hits.
    But, this product gave me a new hope for STRONG healthy smoking without using awkward looking devices with long heating time.

So I spent 300US ( which is not a small sum for me ) waited 6 weeks, got this thing that might break on me, but I STILL HOPE they can make it through this and create a legit product.

weed customers are tough crowds and it sure has a small part in the company’s difficulties to handle the situation ( not the cause of it )

Buttom line there’s no buttom line - so smoke something, sit back and relax and remember why we started

Good vibes and good karma to all!

19. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Vaping mate! Fuck smoking lol :)

Vapor_Eyes, MoltenTiger and btka like this.
  20. Rel2018

Rel2018 Active Member

:myday: You get my point

:lol:

I’v been smoking for 18 years and vaping for the last 3 weeks...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  21. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Off and on. It's my go to out and about coffee shop vape or stealth vape. Rarely used at home. Been getting more use recently with cbd flower. I've used exclusively for a while then stopped again, then back on, etc. It had heavy use for a while, not so much lately.

Vapor_Eyes likes this.
  22. Hammahead

Exactly my first claim. However, I think what you're referring to as adhesive is in fact an insulation. The reason for breaking was that some super tiny piece of meta. just broke, at least that was definitely the case with mine.

Vapor_Eyes and frank grimes like this.
  23. btka

btka Well-Known Member

I have to say thanks to hopperlabs my frustration tolerance level skyrocketed...
    you also have to appreciate the good things...

I am a crowdfunder and waited 2 years for my hopper to arrive...

I understand both frustrated customers and hopperlabs... My hopper is also since may at hopperlabs...
    I would not get to much upset for their lack in response to our e-mails... I think they are overwhelmed with e-mails since they have such a backlog... and maybe responding to e-mails is taking their time which they could also use better to repair/improve hoppers...

I for my self did come to the conclusion:"let them do and see" the worst thing which could happen is that they go bankrupt and this will not help me anyway so let them do....

nothing new here..

its hopperlabs...

24. frank grimes

frank grimes Well-Known Member

What was hopper labs reply? Regardless if it’s adhesive or insulation, that’s some shoddy construction.

25. Hammahead

They sent me a new backend straight away

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Vapor_Eyes likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors