• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

JCat

Accessory Maker
So I'm curious. I get decent clouds from my hopper, but it doesn't 'milk' a bong or anything like my vapcap can do. It heats up fast and does get good clouds, but I do have to take long draws and do the 'sip' method you talked about. I am not unhappy with how it vapes, but I did expect a bit more of a punch when I stepped it up to 5. I would say that I think my vapcap gets hotter than my hopper, but isn't that to be expected? I'm just trying to figure out if I am having a good experience, or a bad one because I don't know any better.
A properly working Hopper will milk up a bong in seconds ... it should perform comparably to a powerhouse desktop like a VapeXhale EVO or a NewVape ShowerHead etc. If it's not hitting as hard as your hardest hitting desktops, it's not working up to it's potential. (that's the main reason I love the hopper ... finish a .15g bowl in 1 to 2 huge hits through water ... it's my replacement "desktop" vape when travelling! :lol: )

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yes, there are no incompatibilities at all.

Wouldn’t putting a stainless steel metal and a titanium metal eventually cause corrosion? I’m pretty sure I learned about it somewhere on this site. Also my mechanic. Galvanic corrosion.

In other news they really are doing their best to get my hopper to me. Gotta give them props. They shipped it.

mario

A properly working Hopper will milk up a bong in seconds ... it should perform comparably to a powerhouse desktop like a VapeXhale EVO or a NewVape ShowerHead etc. If it's not hitting as hard as your hardest hitting desktops, it's not working up to it's potential. (that's the main reason I love the hopper ... finish a .15g bowl in 1 to 2 huge hits through water ... it's my replacement "desktop" vape when travelling! :lol: )

Huh then I wonder if something is different than mine. Is there a chance that the newer ones just function a bit cooler than previously to save the components? Or am I just trying to tell myself that there isn't something wrong with my Hopper hahah.

Baron23

Wouldn’t putting a stainless steel metal and a titanium metal eventually cause corrosion? I’m pretty sure I learned about it somewhere on this site. Also my mechanic. Galvanic corrosion.

In other news they really are doing their best to get my hopper to me. Gotta give them props. They shipped it.
Perhaps. I hadn’t thought of that. Thanks. But at least in the short term it functioned just fine.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok back in late June I stated to them I missed my trip and I had another one coming and was really hoping to get my hopper back before my next trip. Friday is the deadline I needed it back. Welp, according to usps expected delivery Friday.

They came in at the wire. Let’s hope the unit works :-). I’ll keep you posted.

Edit: reason being I feel more comfortable brining hopper than I would bringing my mighty.

Last edited:

Rel2018

Huh then I wonder if something is different than mine. Is there a chance that the newer ones just function a bit cooler than previously to save the components? Or am I just trying to tell myself that there isn't something wrong with my Hopper hahah.

Dude, I think mine is just like yours.
It’s not milking as I see some do on YouTube.

One more thing - the first week I had it, and used it 5 on the dial, the abv was dark/black almost combusted, and now it’s more on the dark green ( maybe it’s better ? )

I’m still happy with it, and it gets me stoned as fuck but I guess like you I want this thick vapor and it makes me unsure if my GH works 100%

Not sure if this is how it’s suppoused to be but no chance I’m sending this to warranty. Crazy enough I’m thinking to buy a second ( but I’ll wait a bit with that gamble :)

P.S - The glass you have also has an effect. I used 2 knock offs and one original and there’s definitely a difference.

Last edited:

mario

Dude, I think mine is just like yours.
It’s not milking as I see some do on YouTube.

One more thing - the first week I had it, and used it 5 on the dial, the abv was dark/black almost combusted, and now it’s more on the dark green ( maybe it’s better ? )

I’m still happy with it, and it gets me stoned as fuck but I guess like you I want this thick vapor and it makes me unsure if my GH works 100%

Not sure if this is how it’s suppoused to be but no chance I’m sending this to warranty. Crazy enough I’m thinking to buy a second ( but I’ll wait a bit with that gamble :)

P.S - The glass you have also has an effect. I used 2 knock offs and one original and there’s definitely a difference.

Well then. I am using china glass at the moment. But I did some abv tests last night, and at the same temp on all 4 batteries, I vaped it until nothing was coming out ( at 5 ) and the abv was light brown.

Same temp on my Mighty in a dosing cap made abv that was MUCH darker and the clouds that I got in the bong milked it instantly and the hits were huge.

I really love mine, but I'm not sure if it is doing what the new ones are supposed to do (not burn themselves out or combust things), or if there is something wrong.

Rel2018

Well then. I am using china glass at the moment. But I did some abv tests last night, and at the same temp on all 4 batteries, I vaped it until nothing was coming out ( at 5 ) and the abv was light brown.

Same temp on my Mighty in a dosing cap made abv that was MUCH darker and the clouds that I got in the bong milked it instantly and the hits were huge.

I really love mine, but I'm not sure if it is doing what the new ones are supposed to do (not burn themselves out or combust things), or if there is something wrong.

Which one do you enjoy more ? The mighty or the GH ?

Rel2018,

Rel2018

I would choose the Mighty first every day every time. I love the Hopper, but the Mighty is nearly perfect in every way except for the long heat up time.
I see...
How do you connect it to a water piece ? Do you need an adapter for that ?

Rel2018,

JCat

Accessory Maker
@Rel2018 and @mario ... you guys definitely have Hoppers that are not working even close to potential. A Hopper should kill a Mighty as far as thickness of vapour every time; as far as a session vape, the Mighty is great, but if you want something to extract quickly and efficiently, a properly working Hopper kills a Mighty in this regard.

Just my 2 cents ... but if my Hoppers were working like that, I really wouldn't see the point in them. The niche that the Hopper serves for me is a heavy (top level desktop heavy) hitter that's portable and instantaneous. If I can't finish a full bowl in 2 hits (I'm running at 4.25-4.75 on my Hoppers that I've had when they've been working right) resulting in medium to dark brown consistent ABV (depending on temp and material exactly), then I'd be disappointed.

Rel2018

@Rel2018 and @mario ... you guys definitely have Hoppers that are not working even close to potential. A Hopper should kill a Mighty as far as thickness of vapour every time; as far as a session vape, the Mighty is great, but if you want something to extract quickly and efficiently, a properly working Hopper kills a Mighty in this regard.

Just my 2 cents ... but if my Hoppers were working like that, I really wouldn't see the point in them. The niche that the Hopper serves for me is a heavy (top level desktop heavy) hitter that's portable and instantaneous. If I can't finish a full bowl in 2 hits (I'm running at 4.25-4.75 on my Hoppers that I've had when they've been working right) resulting in medium to dark brown consistent ABV (depending on temp and material exactly), then I'd be disappointed.

Hey I just watched your zapubler ( I’m a fan ) video again and I’m honestly not sure if mine is much different or not.

I’ll try taking a video tomorrow and post to compare.

Rel2018,
Reactions: JCat

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Just sent my hoppers back after getting them back from RMA purgatory and running way too cool. I tried to just get them to send me new bodies, but they said they had to have them back but would "expedite" them. We shall see.

Last edited:

mario

See mine doesn't do that at all. It takes like 6 or 7 hits to clear a bowl at 4.5 and even then the abv comes out very light brown.

Damn sounds like mine isn't working as well as I thought and all of my positive comments now just make me look like a jackass. Sorry everyone. *sigh*

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
See mine doesn't do that at all. It takes like 6 or 7 hits to clear a bowl at 4.5 and even then the abv comes out very light brown.

Damn sounds like mine isn't working as well as I thought and all of my positive comments now just make me look like a jackass. Sorry everyone. *sigh*
I don't think your positive comments make you look like a jackass at all. Just someone who is going to get their socks knocked off once you get it working like it should.

JCat

Accessory Maker

If one has never tried a working Hopper, in comparison to other portables it just doesn't compare. It's more something one compares to a desktop vape! So a GH functioning at 25% is often better than most portables ... :lol: ... (not better than a Mighty in my opinion at that level ... but at the 50% level ... hmmm ...)

Hammahead

It takes like 6 or 7 hits to clear a bowl at 4.5 and even then the abv comes out very light brown.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not crank it up to 5 then? Makes all the difference for my RMAed Hopper. As I mentioned, it's running cooler than before, so my 5 is what used to be 4,5. I get it how someone, who likes his abv darker than I do, would return it to HL. I'm a happy camper here.

mario

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not crank it up to 5 then? Makes all the difference for my RMAed Hopper. As I mentioned, it's running cooler than before, so my 5 is what used to be 4,5. I get it how someone, who likes his abv darker than I do, would return it to HL. I'm a happy camper here.

Maybe I will give that a try at home. But even at 5 through a water pipe I can't get it to really fill up the bong with vapor and it still takes many clears to get it done.

Wildeyedzan

Hearing all these not so great stories of hoppers breaking....and I'm sitting over here with my SS that was left out in the rain for almost a week.still pumping that vapor out !
Edit-i so hope everyone gets a properly working vape !! With hopperlabs stand the test or will they disappear like herbalizer did

Last edited:

btka

Maybe I will give that a try at home. But even at 5 through a water pipe I can't get it to really fill up the bong with vapor and it still takes many clears to get it done.

There are a lot of parameters:
your herb: quality of herb
moister content of herb
grinding style
style of bong or glass
light can also play a role

user tips: for milking your bong you have to load the chamber fully but do not tamp it...
I like to take a hit and when vapor starts to form in the bong I exhale it and then take again a hit (without turning of your hopper in between... (vapor will form immediately)
you can try different draws (slow, fast)
If you want to milk your bong turn it up to 5
grind your herb and let it dry out a bit (if the moister is to high)...
try taking long draws (minimum 10 to 20 sec.)

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
moister content of herb
grinding style

user tips: for milking your bong you have to load the chamber fully but do not tamp it...
I like to take a hit and when vapor starts to form in the bong I exhale it and then take again a hit (without turning of your hopper in between... (vapor will form immediately)
Those factors don't really come in to play with a properly working Grasshopper. Whether you put in big chunks or grind fine you should be able to milk a bong as long as the herb quality is up to par. And unless it's literally soaking wet one draw should be enough to dry even the stickiest of herb.

My titanium grasshopper is super weak compared to my SS.

JCat

Accessory Maker
moister content of herb
grinding style
style of bong or glass

If it requires finesse to milk a bong, then the Hopper is NOT working properly ... whether it is acceptable is up to each individual, but if one can't milk a bubbler, and can't cache a bowl in 1-3 hits, then either you have horrible lung capacity and that is the issue, or the Hopper isn't right.

The most frequent problem with Hoppers for me is that the heater seems to "give up". On a properly working Hopper, it will continue to thicken the vapour throughout the draw (after the initial 5 sec or so heating of the load). When they are performing poorly, and requiring many pulls to finish a bowl (and even then not vaped evenly/completely), it's like the heater starts out ok for the first few seconds, and then "gives up" ... since I can only get the heater to put out decent output for ~5 seconds, it takes many draws to finish a bowl, as just when it is getting going, it stops producing enough heat. (this is what is happening currently with my Ti .. my SS is working properly except that it goes to flashing reds often just before the end of my draw, and it gets too hot in the back-end, so presumably there is a poor connection somewhere causing a voltage drop that is resulting in excess heat ...)

Anyways ... I personally have no interest in a Hopper that takes 6-7 draws to improperly vape a chamber ... I have many other vapes that will work better as a session vape then the Hopper ... as an on-demand heavy hitter, like a desktop, that's portable, Hopper stands alone; so if my Hopper can't be a heavy hitter, and I have to "finesse" it ... then it's not filling the spot in my lineup that it is intended to ...

Grind style, moisture content, etc., etc. can all play a part for sure ... but a properly performing Hopper is extremely tolerant and will do as well with herb as any other vaporizer (portable or desktop) in terms of quick/massive cloud production. If it isn't keeping up with your heavy hitting desktops, and can't be used as effortlessly, then you are fooling yourself if you think it is working properly. Is the way it's working acceptable to you? That I can not determine; but it is definitely not working right.

Top Bottom