Discontinued The Grasshopper

Mr.Sifter

Its a great vape to have when you are traveling.
But the danger of beeing let doen by it is above average high.

I live in the EU.
Did not have a complaint yet.
But what happens if it stops working? I would hav to send it overseas right?
Thats some very pricy shipping.
Cant imagine HL to send out replacements hoppers and taking care of shipping costs in both directions.
Right?

Warranty is great and all but its not good to pay for each event when it needs surgury.

Great when it works though

Last edited by a moderator:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I payed 6 euros for my shipping of the hopper from Sweden with slight priority?

Like it's listed as a priority express packet but I could have had payed more

But 6-12 days sounds fast enough

300xNxext_charger_2.462e5f1169ea-0x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.deCzBPnyF3.jpg

Wait did we already talk about this?

They are saying their charger will be out in December and it sounds they charge at a pretty high current

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/external-battery-charger/

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Sifter

300xNxext_charger_2.462e5f1169ea-0x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.deCzBPnyF3.jpg

Wait did we already talk about this?

They are saying their charger will be out in December and it sounds they charge at a pretty high current

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/external-battery-charger/

6euro shipping from sweden to usa. Siunds very fair.
Did hopperlabs pay for the return shipping back to you?

The charging thing got mentioned. Looks sick.
Great design and function.
Hopperlabs are not the best at keeping promises, though.
The steel case still isnt released yet.

I use a xtar external charging unit.
Works ok.
No shiney design highlight.
I would use the hopperthing if it was gifted to me but i would not invest in a problem that i allready have a sufficient solition for.

Last edited:

snaffle

I live in the EU.
Did not have a complaint yet.
But what happens if it stops working? I would hav to send it overseas right?
Thats some very pricy shipping.
Cant imagine HL to send out replacements hoppers and taking care of shipping costs in both directions.
Right?

Warranty is great and all but its not good to pay for each event when it needs surgury.

If you got it from an EU retailer they may have something in place so that you just return it to the retailer and they repair / replace it for you, and deal with sending things back to Hopper Labs themselves. Vapefiend certainly do this, as do Verdampftnochmal.

Tommy10

Charger not working as I suspected, so that kills it as far as away from home is concerned with only 1 battery.

Tommy10,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok guys, well. The entire hopper is going back to the fact’ry. I got the bad boy on temperature 5 and can’t milk the Hydratube anymore. ABV not coming out dark.

Sent a note, they want charger, they want a battery and they want the entire hopper. We can make that happen :-).

I’ll keep you guys posted. Sad day as it was again becoming my daily driver after not using it for a few months.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Ok guys, well. The entire hopper is going back to the fact’ry. I got the bad boy on temperature 5 and can’t milk the Hydratube anymore. ABV not coming out dark.

Sent a note, they want charger, they want a battery and they want the entire hopper. We can make that happen :-).

I’ll keep you guys posted. Sad day as it was again becoming my daily driver after not using it for a few months.

Just did the same and laughed about the fact they wanted the charger

That charger worked ONES for me :D

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just did the same and laughed about the fact they wanted the charger

That charger worked ONES for me :D
If the charger only worked once then why would you not want to send it along with the return? Wouldn't you likely get a replacement even though it may not have been your primary reason for warranty repair on Hopper?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
If the charger only worked once then why would you not want to send it along with the return? Wouldn't you likely get a replacement even though it may not have been your primary reason for warranty repair on Hopper?

I not sure I want a replacement as I think the original charger is cursed

CURSED I TELL YA!

But now I actually want it to compare charge time between it, xtar vc2 and xtar ant

Surprised that the new hopper external charger fully charges a battery in 15 min

Tommy10

My charger is doing a couple blinks then nothing plug in and out it will do the same. Leave on for an hour and can't get a single hit.
Not gonna order a new one yet because dunno if it's unit or charger and $35 plus postage to check.
Don't want to send it off for that to GH until it's is proper fucked and I can afford a back up.
I use 3rd party efest at home anyways it's good, will be good even with a second battery for single person home use.
Still annoying that my brand new vape come with a non working charger (if I didn't own a 3rd party I'd be stuck) as the charger can actually make it still a pretty slick away from home unit with a single battery for a couple people.
Bonus points for I'm sure they are handy on the go, negative points for doesn't work. Still great device without a doubt. Very cynical with how long till my first warrenty given the Chargers fucked out the box but see how she goes.

If I'm an idiot and it's not broken and anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. As it stands still using it at home more than VC (long term love) EVO and supreme, but a hopper and an efest charger in the pocket = taking the mighty.

Also to add after a bit of sours here's some sweet. Been reading about this thing since its been announced like most of you, heard so many reports of it being hot dry. Anyone who's seen any video of mine knows I'm a cougher, and for direct comparison with the mighty that turned up same day, no it is not anywhere near as cool as the mighty on 210, but I wouldn't call the GH on 5 dry excessively hot. It makes me cough like all sin, but it's not uncomfortable and I used exclusively on 5 and maybe dry as often as not. MP gets my lips warm but it's fine, unit gets hot to the touch uo the front with use but no hot back end.

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
My OEM charger was very finicky about how far the backend is screwed on.

When I only used the OEM charger, I would have to screw/unscrew the backend, try the charger and repeat until I got the charging flashes.

Now there is no combination that gets it to charge with the stock charger.

I am not looking for resolution for my charger, I am just passing info to @Tommy10.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
My OEM charger was very finicky about how far the backend is screwed on.

When I only used the OEM charger, I would have to screw/unscrew the backend, try the charger and repeat until I got the charging flashes.

Now there is no combination that gets it to charge with the stock charger.
I just wonder if it's the charger or the back-end though ... that's the real dilemma ... if @Tommy10 knew it was the charger, he could just send that back and get a replacement;

If you know anyone else with a Hopper it will be easy to test, or a local store that has some, otherwise, it will be difficult and is likely worth reaching out to HL and explaining the dilemma ...

Edit: maybe an FC member that lives close to you (same country at least), that owns 2 Hoppers can send you one of their cables to test?

I seem to have a battery issue which likely be fixed by the new firmware however it surprised me. Problem even though disconnected battery between uses. I got 20 draws to get to one light.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Poostuff

Please delete
I’ve finally downsized to one Hopper, I’m done sending two back but I’ll happily hang on to one.
I don’t mind the returns it’s just I get a bit slack when it comes to sending them in, I get busy & can’t find the time & sometimes one just sits there for a couple of months not working before I send it off.

Unfortunately my latest replacement has intermittent issues out of the box. It sometimes gets a hot backend & blinking blue during draw. I’ve tested with a few batteries & different tightness of the back end, not sure yet but hopefully it just turns out to be a bad battery.
I’ve had the blinking lights a lot but this is the first time I’ve experienced the hot backend & I’ve been through a few failures one being a combusting incident.

The good thing is the draw seems less restricted on this one & I don’t know if that’s because it’s new & clean or if it’s had some design changes.
Anyway I hope it keeps on ticking I’ll just see how it goes for a while.
I’m currently sitting on 3 GB2’s which all seem to last 3 chambers or more even with this occasional hot backend. That’s plenty for me plus I’ve still got 7 or so of the first ones which I found weren’t too reliable so they don’t get use & I’ve stored them for now.

I’ve enjoyed using the Hopper again, here’s hoping everyone waiting for RMAs sees them in their hands soon.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Unfortunately my latest replacement has intermittent issues out of the box. It sometimes gets a hot backend & blinking blue during draw.

This is what I worry most with waiting for my returned hopper, that it's going to be quirky when it comes back from repairs

This one has gone ones before into returns and came back the same

For me it was a champion even though it had a "hot back end" or like I call it "tactile scorching thermal low battery level indicator" or TSTLBLI for short

But last weeks been behaving slightly quirky until that worsen over a course of two weeks and then total death

Mega death even

Imagine it will be back within 2 weeks, ready for all the boring Xmas parties and new years

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My hopper will be back in my hands tomorrow according to the tracking info. That will be 3 weeks from when I sent it in. I wish it only took two weeks.

I did email them and question why it was taking too long? So the squeaky wheel sometimes gets the grease. I wouldnt be silent if it stays in testing status more than a week. I live in WA state, so not that far from Boulder.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
My hopper will be back in my hands tomorrow according to the tracking info. That will be 3 weeks from when I sent it in. I wish it only took two weeks.

Well that crushed my dreams

But I send some candy with mine so yeah:razz:

yes I am openly bribing hopper labs repair crew
Though buying them sugar coated gummy candy made me stressed that they get some of that inside my hopper :doh:

Last time it went for repairs I was going to do the same but got stoned and ate the candy I was going to send :rolleyes:

Top Bottom