Discontinued The Grasshopper

guyonthecouch

Well that crushed my dreams

But I send some candy with mine so yeah:razz:

yes I am openly bribing hopper labs repair crew
Though buying them sugar coated gummy candy made me stressed that they get some of that inside my hopper :doh:

Last time it went for repairs I was going to do the same but got stoned and ate the candy I was going to send :rolleyes:
Funniest post I've read on here in a while :rofl: .. I prob would've eaten the candy too! haha

They got the production version of the case up.. sooo sneaky.
Holds 2 batts, powerful magnetic cap, high impact resistant.
https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/stainless-steel-case/
Same pre-sale offer as the new charger, shipping in Dec.
Would be nice to see a couple more pics/vid but looks/sounds pretty slick!

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

Funniest posts I've read on here in a while :rofl:

They got the production version of the case up.. sooo sneaky.
Holds 2 batts, powerful magnetic cap, high impact resistant.
https://www.grasshoppervape.com/store/product/stainless-steel-case/
Same pre-sale offer as the new charger, shipping in Dec.
Would be nice to see a couple more pics/vid but looks/sounds pretty slick!

Favorite part. Description says it will cost $40. But price is actually $45. Too rich for my blood.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I suppose I would want to buy some of the accessories if they were about 25% cheaper. Maybe they will have a sale? Too expensive for me as well. The batteries are the only extra that is priced right. They are advertising accessories that aren't available yet. They want us to preorder. I don't preorder. They either have it or not. I don't mind advertising and showing what's next on their website.

Maybe that helps them offset the cost of all the returns? Selling the accessories with a premium price tag.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The leather sleeve is new also, and available on a preorder basis. I find this very disappointing, as I've now waited well over a year for the one I was promised two years ago and several times since have been told I'd have it in "a couple of weeks".

This is a flagrant foul in my book. I really have never been a company basher, rather have wished them all the best luck and cheered their successes. I love how the Hopper looks, feels and works; I bought 4 of them!

"All I want is some truth. Just give me some truth." (John Lennon)

p.s.
btw, HL, I think the word is "sewn" leather, not "sown".

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Why that, don't you sow leather? Try it, half a year later there is a field full of leather jackets, bags, belts, pants and sleeves.

Here are some leather farmers around who live on that. I've heard in Colorado too ;)

Last edited:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
What an annoying set of pictures for the new case, tells me exactly nothing about the compartments.

Want to see more detail so please someone else get "suckered" into buying one

Just got such a sick idea for a 6 shooter vaporizer front end for the hopper but impossible with current oven placement

Just thought I blab about it randomly

armani

Professional Stoner
I ordered a leather sleeve 1 year ago and its not the wait time that puts me off but the lack of communication with their customers.
When i ordered the leather sleeve it was stated that it will be shipped within 2 - 3 weeks or something like that. But now a year later i have not received any information on that i have to wait longer on my order, or some sort of apology for the delay of my order or anything.

I love what they are doing and they are really doing everything with beautiful modern design :love: but they need to step up the Customer Service. i would not have written this if they had just sent me an order delay e-mail. :\

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
The leather sleeve is new also, and available on a preorder basis. I find this very disappointing, as I've now waited well over a year for the one I was promised two years ago and several times since have been told I'd have it in "a couple of weeks".

This is a flagrant foul in my book. I really have never been a company basher, rather have wished them all the best luck and cheered their successes. I love how the Hopper looks, feels and works; I bought 4 of them!

I may be missing your point, but it does say in the email announcement that "If you already have an order for one of these items you are covered!".

Of course, given the history of these things, I'll believe it when I'm holding mine (ordered with my hoppers in early 2016) in my hands.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I may be missing your point, but it does say in the email announcement that "If you already have an order for one of these items you are covered!".

Of course, given the history of these things, I'll believe it when I'm holding mine (ordered with my hoppers in early 2016) in my hands.
Hey, nice to see you here @moondog!
My point ("flagrant foul") is that this reminds me of pyramidal business, a la Charles Ponzi. You and I already paid for ours in advance, now they're going to get new customers to pay for them again - in advance!

I had missed the part saying they have us covered because I couldn't bear to read the whole email. This assurance has a hollow ring to it, after my multiple other assurances this past year.

All their politics are very disturbing.
I think politics is not the right descriptor. Maybe this is a language mix-up, but I agree it is disturbing.

Again, I have to say it pains me to react this way about folks whom I kinda think I would actually like. I'm thinking there's a lot more trouble in paradise than we on the fringes are privy to.

Gonna shut up about this now rather than stir the pot any more than I already have...

Been on forced hiatus for over four months, with no end in sight. Maybe if I could get a few hits on a Hopper I'd be a bit more docile.

Tommy10

So fiddled with the charger for a while. The magnet to the side when not plugged in activates the red lights, dunno why but that concerns me haha.... But maybe I'm just paranoid waiting for it to go. Anyways got the hopper down to 3.8v in one large bowl. Got it on USB charger now, tried all different plugs back on the orginal. Seems to be working differently to usual. Like 4 seconds between blinks was easily 8 seconds before. First time this has happened, it's flashing away now still and it's the longest it's flashed on USB for. So quietly confident, gonna give it while longer and check the charger in the efest.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So fiddled with the charger for a while. The magnet to the side when not plugged in activates the red lights, dunno why but that concerns me haha.... But maybe I'm just paranoid waiting for it to go. Anyways got the hopper down to 3.8v in one large bowl. Got it on USB charger now, tried all different plugs back on the orginal. Seems to be working differently to usual. Like 4 seconds between blinks was easily 8 seconds before. First time this has happened, it's flashing away now still and it's the longest it's flashed on USB for. So quietly confident, gonna give it while longer and check the charger in the efest.
Often, touching the hopper to any metal will cause it to short circuit because there are not internal wires, the body carries the current. The flash of red is intentional auto-shutoff caused by the short; it's normal for this to happen. As I recall, it's when backend and body are both touched to metal at the same time.

Usually one flash then off means it needs to be unplugged (at power source usb end) and re-plugged, but it sounds like you've gone down that road...
Have you cleaned the backend threads? Blu-tac works great for this (or I use Stik-tak, made by Duco). Might help your erratic charge troubles.

Tommy10

Often, touching the hopper to any metal will cause it to short circuit because there are not internal wires, the body carries the current. The flash of red is intentional auto-shutoff caused by the short; it's normal for this to happen. As I recall, it's when backend and body are both touched to metal at the same time.

Usually one flash then off means it needs to be unplugged (at power source usb end) and re-plugged, but it sounds like you've gone down that road...
Have you cleaned the backend threads? Blu-tac works great for this (or I use Stik-tak, made by Duco). Might help your erratic charge troubles.

Yea tried cleaning the tread but it's had little use and hasn't worked since new... I believe it was charging that one time above should have least seen if it went full. Anyways other than that it goes like this

Every time I remove and plug in USB it will always flash, then it either flashes ever 8 seconds or so for a couple minutes then stops altogether or there is no further flashes after the first. Shits me because would be perfect with the USB in the go, I though the mighty was too big to leave the house with, much smaller than a pen Efest and plug

guyonthecouch

I don't understand why all these new items are limited edtions?
Just a marketing trick to improve sales?
Just because they can do it?
They're not limited editions, they're limited production runs. 2017 is almost over, they're only producing limited stock before the new year and giving us a heads up. If they opened the flood gates to unlimited pre-orders they'd be putting themselves in the same position as they once were with the back ordered Hopper units. Not a good spot and would have to deal with another onslaught of angry stoners.

Doktor Dub

"Hopper Labs went through 7 design iterations and spent two years developing a case which was both small and functional. The result was a unique triangle, with curved edges to match the contour of the Hopper and batteries."

...from the HL Homepage. I don t know if this is a good sign for people designing technical things... if you need 2 Years for this, the GH was FAST. Should have taken like 20 Years plus...

Top Bottom