Discontinued The Grasshopper

MonkeyTime

Sooo, here we go again. My new SS which I have loved, is acting up. I'm finally over my T-break/getting ready for a new job, and I finally can get back on my horse.

I come home, fire up the GH and enjoy. Go the the kitchen to make a soda and come back to find the GH on? Huh? Ok, turn it off, and it turns right back on. It acted up for about a minute while I played with it until I pulled the battery.

They don't describe this one on their website faq's, but I remember reading about something similar with another member. Unfortunately I can't remember how they described it for a good search and generic words like "on" or "staying on" come up with nothing close for search results.

Is that person still around? Just wondering what ever happened after that?

Thanks all, until then, I have a new TuboX to play with!

fogbank

I cannot overstate how much I LOVE these leather sleeves. I have a black one for my SS and a tan one for my Ti (I just remember "T"an = "T"itanium).

The only con I can list is that you need to pull the GH out by the clicker. But gently squeezing the opening of the sleeve releases some of the pressure on the GH body and allows you to slide it out without much force.

In the sleeve the GH fits easily in my pocket, and is only slightly longer than my wallet, so it's even stealthy in how it fits in my pocket! It protects the GH nicely and looks very inconspicuous.

As far as the new charger is concerned, I took one look at it and ordered it. I also added the 35W wall adapter. I don't necessarily need another charger (I have a NiteCore D4 and a little Tenergy 01269-01 that both work fine), but I actually think the new GH charger is stealthy like the GH. It looks kind of like a WiFi mesh network puck or Amazon Echo Dot.

I've had my SS since 7/2016 (eBay purchase) and my Ti since 10/2016 (GHL purchase) and both are still working fine, although neither is my DD (FF2 for daily use). I bought another SS during the last 4/20 sale, but I haven't used it yet.

JoeMama

Gree-Tings....

I've noticed something about the condition of the Hopper when it is sent back from HL for service.

Now, this is NOT a criticism of HL; they do just fine by me. In fact, it's just a curiously satisfying observation.

Some of you will recall the discussions about Blue Tac. I still use it, religiously, every time or so I change the battery. It picks up a fair but not heavy amount of oxidation. Again, this is over one or two battery changes.

When I get it back from HL, it's like they must run this thing for HOURS. It's so full of oxidization that when I wrap a piece around the backend threads, the Blue Tac is evenly dark.

I just find that very interesting. They must either charge the battery I provide over and over again, or have some in-line DC supply (with the battery in the circuit), and just put this thing through a pretty respectable test procedure.

That is all. Carry On.
:wave:

mulciber

I wonder who here has their hopper the longest without having to RMA. I've had mine since January and all is going well so far. Let's not jinx it! :D

I purchased my first in October 2016. The clicker flaked on me twice, twice I got an RMA number, and twice it self-repaired within a few hours. So I'm still using that unit, happily, one year later. Victory?

OTOH, I bought a second Ti in July, and that one is in CO on RMA this week.

Tommy10

So first bowl, safe to say I love!

Are any lights meant to happen with the electric charger? Doesn't seem to be doing anything, need a new plug for my efest. Might get it before I keep using. Magnetic charger seems odd to me with no light feedback.

Last edited:

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Are any lights meant to happen with the electric charger? Doesn't seem to be doing anything, need a new plug for my efest. Might get it before I keep using. Magnetic charger seems odd to me with no light feedback.

It should flash red every 4 seconds while charging them blue when charged. Try unplugging and replugging the charger with the vape attached it should flash red right away

Tommy10

Got a new cord for my third party charger, only still done that bowl in the vid and s couple j hook charging again. Already hate the battery life, and charging and no spare batteries in my country for ages.... But I as long as it keeps working I'm gonna loveeeee this thing!!!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Got a new cord for my third party charger, only still done that bowl in the vid and s couple j hook charging again. Already hate the battery life, and charging and no spare batteries in my country for ages.... But I as long as it keeps working I'm gonna loveeeee this thing!!!
It's less hassle, especially if you only have one battery, to use the factory charger - less remove/replacing to do. On the rare occasion that the lights don't come on when you attach the magnetic charger, do as @slcbdco (and HL) suggests, unplug and re-plug the other end from power source.
Happy hopping! And get yourself some extra batteries.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I come home, fire up the GH and enjoy. Go the the kitchen to make a soda and come back to find the GH on? Huh? Ok, turn it off, and it turns right back on. It acted up for about a minute while I played with it until I pulled the battery.

They don't describe this one on their website faq's, but I remember reading about something similar with another member. Unfortunately I can't remember how they described it for a good search and generic words like "on" or "staying on" come up with nothing close for search results.

Is that person still around? Just wondering what ever happened after that?

Perhaps you mean my post a few days ago?

Mine didn't switch to red anymore. It was always blue and upheating until combustion. Never saw this problem talked about before. But I'm a lucky guy cause having bought my GH at "Verdampftnochmal" in Berlin. I just went to the shop showed the issue and the guys took the GH at once and gave me an new one in exchange.

Hope the new one will stay longer than a month. It's the 3rd in 9 months. Obviously not more reliable than the old ones but the newer ones have a much better performance at least.

Tommy10

My factory charger is odd, maybe it just is what it is but two bowels from a full charge, on usb for 25minutes check it in charger and only 3.9v

Also I thought PayPal didn't like vapes, try and order 20 battery's From hopper labs and I HAVE to use pay pal?
Also wish it would go warmer as leave way greener ABV than I'm used to, but can't argue with a huge cloud and being high as a kite so I dunno how that correlates.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My factory charger is odd, maybe it just is what it is but two bowels from a full charge, on usb for 25minutes check it in charger and only 3.9v

Also I thought PayPal didn't like vapes, try and order 20 battery's From hopper labs and I HAVE to use pay pal?
Also wish it would go warmer as leave way greener ABV than I'm used to, but can't argue with a huge cloud and being high as a kite so I dunno how that correlates.
Most all of HL's sales are on Paypal.
Whoa! 20 batteries may be excessive! Unless you plan to resell or give some to friends...
For two Hoppers (two people) I've done fine with about 7 batteries. After full charge (blue lights while on charge), then onto a Nitecore charger, my batts read 4.20 volts. I love that 420 reading!
Lots of users have the feeling that the factory charger gives the battery little extra oomph compared to an external charger.

Tommy10

I was ordering another hopper too... Mostly because trademarked and shipping cost and hating dealing with batteries and having one is already breaking my heart.
Is there way around the PayPal? Fuck PayPal vape hating flogs.

snaffle

I was ordering another hopper too... Mostly because trademarked and shipping cost and hating dealing with batteries and having one is already breaking my heart.
Is there way around the PayPal? Fuck PayPal vape hating flogs.

You could buy a grasshopper from another retailer, like vapefiend. That's an EU shop, there are a few others as well. But if you're in the USA then the shipping (and potential shipping back for warranty issues) could be expensive. You could call or email Hopper Labs, they might be able to sort another payment option for you, or suggest other retailers. You probably couldn't order the new battery charger from another shop yet, though.

Do you dislike paypal on principle? That's fine, but AFAIK it's the seller who bears the risk of them arbitrarily deciding they don't approve of what is being traded and closing the account. If Hopper Labs have been using it successfully for years, that suggests the risk to them is pretty minimal.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Curious, Vapefiend had the GHs early on when it was hard to buy from Hopper Labs because of the backlog. Just wondering if it's because of the flaws and the amount of folks still sending their units in for service? It's so expensive sending vaporizers to Europe and elsewhere overseas. Maybe they want more controlled sales in the U.S? It cuts down on overhead costs.

I checked and there is no phone number for contacting GH which is a shame. That should be a part of customer service and all companies should have contact phone numbers. I guess that might be old fashioned but I like having that convenience.

My unit should be sent out tomorrow that is what Caroline said. So I guess I should be receiving mine some time next week. I will be keeping my fingers crossed because that's a long time to be without a unit if I have to keep sending mine in. Colorado isn't that far from WA state maybe it could be as early as Monday? That would be three weeks since I sent it into HL.

I will be curious as well as excited to get it back.

Last edited:

Tommy10

Yea my local store who had the hopped stock (10 hour drive local is in my country) Don't have batteries. 20 might be baller but at $140 usd but $70 priority shipping it's hardly over the top for a proprietary battery that's almost universally out of stock.... And yes PayPal and their shaky something no to vapes for no good reason policy I think should be enough to boycott industry wide.

Tommy10,

guyonthecouch

Yea my local store who had the hopped stock (10 hour drive local is in my country) Don't have batteries. 20 might be baller but at $140 usd but $70 priority shipping it's hardly over the top for a proprietary battery that's almost universally out of stock.... And yes PayPal and their shaky something no to vapes for no good reason policy I think should be enough to boycott industry wide.
Here's some links to retailers who have batteries in stock. They're all CDN$:
https://torontohemp.com/products/gr...-pen-size-vaporizer-replacement-extra-battery

http://www.planetvape.ca/grasshopper-battery.html

https://theherbcafe.com/products/grasshopper-battery

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
From my Hopper Lab's account it looks like they are issuing me another GH as of today. I see a new GH added with a different serial number than my original GH from July that I had bought and recently returned for warranty over 2 weeks ago. Evidently they couldnt fix my GH.

The problem with mine was it would be difficult to turn on, I would click several times, it would turn on by twisting the clicker sometimes if I couldn't get it to come on the normal way. Then it would randomly turn on while just sitting. I'm assuming it was having a back end problem.

Edit
It could be a new back end. I will notice if the body is different. I have a small scratch on the GH I sent in. I don't care, as long as the issues are fixed.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

I just found a drip tip that fit the PFE on an old eJuice vape I had laying about..

It's only a small one, SS. Wasn't too impressed tbh.
Good stealth option, but it wasn't much better than direct tokes from either mouthpiece.
From my Hopper Lab's account it looks like they are issuing me another GH as of today. I see a new GH added with a different serial number than my original GH from July that I had bought and recently returned for warranty over 2 weeks ago. Evidently they couldnt fix my GH.

The problem with mine was it would be difficult to turn on, I would click several times, it would turn on by twisting the clicker sometimes if I couldn't get it to come on the normal way. Then it would randomly turn on while just sitting. I'm assuming it was having a back end problem.
Sounds like they replaced your back-end :)

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Mailed my hopper in yesterday but forgot to write phone number on shipping tax papers, giving me a slight anxiety that I did not do that but still my basic insurance for the packet still remains.

Was supposed to mail it in a week ago but been busy, also the Stickybrick has been taking most of my attention, it hits like a brick and easily filled /refilled

Highly recommend stickybrick products

Top Bottom