Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Had some Tangie in my Ti with PFE yesterday. I set it to the lowest temperature and the taste was ridiculous. Also the effects were very pleasant and the heat of the vapor was also pretty tame. I'm glad I can do low temperature hits with the hopper, it's not only a cloud machine but also a flavor chaser in my opinion.

snaffle

The other day I decided to take my GH out with me in the evening, where stealth was important. I figured my (excellent) @Rachett case was a bit too big and suspicious looking, so just packed the GH tighter than I normally would, and put it loose in my pocket. I was amazed at how many hits the GH gave, it was really good, just what I hoped, a few hits every few hours kept me where I wanted to be, and just kept coming and coming (this is with some reasonably high quality bud, my favourite at the moment, a white widow).

The only issues were 1) the fear of it slipping out of my pocket, though vigilance prevented this, thankfully, and, more importantly, that it turned itself on in my pocket once, which I felt when I realised my pocket was super hot. Presumably this was as the clicker got held nearly down as the device rotated in my pocket. Someone a few pages back said they put the silicon condom over the clicker to guard against this, but for me that wouldn't have been a great option, as it would have reduced the stealth too much. Taking the battery out isn't really good, either, as it reduces stealth, means I have 2 things to worry about losing, and makes quick hits less quick. Does anybody else have any suggestions for ways to keep it from turning on in a pocket? In my @Rachett case it's safe from that, but apart from being big for a pocket, it isn't really deniable like the unit is by itself.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The other day I decided to take my GH out with me in the evening, where stealth was important. I figured my (excellent) @Rachett case was a bit too big and suspicious looking, so just packed the GH tighter than I normally would, and put it loose in my pocket. I was amazed at how many hits the GH gave, it was really good, just what I hoped, a few hits every few hours kept me where I wanted to be, and just kept coming and coming (this is with some reasonably high quality bud, my favourite at the moment, a white widow).

The only issues were 1) the fear of it slipping out of my pocket, though vigilance prevented this, thankfully, and, more importantly, that it turned itself on in my pocket once, which I felt when I realised my pocket was super hot. Presumably this was as the clicker got held nearly down as the device rotated in my pocket. Someone a few pages back said they put the silicon condom over the clicker to guard against this, but for me that wouldn't have been a great option, as it would have reduced the stealth too much. Taking the battery out isn't really good, either, as it reduces stealth, means I have 2 things to worry about losing, and makes quick hits less quick. Does anybody else have any suggestions for ways to keep it from turning on in a pocket? In my @Rachett case it's safe from that, but apart from being big for a pocket, it isn't really deniable like the unit is by itself.
I don't know of a simpler solution than using the silicone mp as a cover for the clicker; it's so small and it can be discreetly put on & off the clicker end without even looking at what you're doing. Check it out! You can leave it in your pocket when you're taking a hit if you don't want to use it as mp cover. Taking the battery out is really less than desirable since you then have to be concerned about covering at least one terminal during transport.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

Hey I remember @Vape Dr. used a cigar case that said cost him 2 bucks. It was made from plastic and was really thin and compact. Maybe that will work for you?

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Guys and Gals: Please help me...
I am looking for a stealthy. portable and reliable quality convection vape that also does really well with a water bubbler. I guess we all know that the Grashopper is probably what I am looking for. I could get one here and the price level is not holding me back. It's more the frequent reports on how often this device fails. I will have to deal with a german retailer and would find it annoying for both of us if I had to return that thing several times...

How reliable is the grasshopper really? Is it more like 5% of people having issues or is it a widespread and general thing?
If you would still recommend that device to me - Shall I go with the SS or TI version? Again, the price difference does not matter too much. I would use it 75% of the time without and 25% of the time with a water bubbler. And would you recommend going with the original batteries as spare parts or is there a better or cheaper alternative out there?

Pardon me for not going through the whole 737 pages of this thread - I just went through all pages of the VapCap thread and still feel dizzy... ;-)

Thank you very much in advance!

Mr. Me2

I am looking for a stealthy. portable and reliable quality convection vape that also does really well with a water bubbler. I guess we all know that the Grashopper is probably what I am looking for. I could get one here and the price level is not holding me back. It's more the frequent reports on how often this device fails. I will have to deal with a german retailer and would find it annoying for both of us if I had to return that thing several times...

How reliable is the grasshopper really? Is it more like 5% of people having issues or is it a widespread and general thing?
If you would still recommend that device to me - Shall I go with the SS or TI version? Again, the price difference does not matter too much. I would use it 75% of the time without and 25% of the time with a water bubbler. And would you recommend going with the original batteries as spare parts or is there a better or cheaper alternative out there?

Pardon me for not going through the whole 737 pages of this thread - I just went through all pages of the VapCap thread and still feel dizzy... ;-)

I've said it before... I LOVE my gh!

I don't think there are any RMA stats out there, unfortunately. I've had mine since around June 2016, with one RMA around October. No problems since.

The batteries are proprietary, so get several extra (and an external charger, and some gh goodies from @Ratchett ).

I'm happy with my ss. Because of your planned use, you may want to get the pfe too.

Hope this helps!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yepp, the GH ist the most stealth vape on the go.

Yepp. it isn's still very relieable up to now. " Gh failed. First bought 12/16 - 06/17. 2nd 07/17-08/17.

This in mind you shouldn't order it directely at GHL. Buy it at VDNM and get two years of Gewährleistung. It prevents a lot of international shipping costs probabely.

I'm glad I did so. What I've paid more I've spared shipment costs after good a half year.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

I've had my Grasshopper since 8/22/2016 and I've only had 1 RMA on it. I don't use every day, and for a while it was out of rotation as I was messing with the NYS dispensary shit. (I've since determined, at least for now, that shit is way too expensive). Anyhow, I took it to Canada this past July on my amazing medical dispensary trip up there. Was using the Mighty at first, but then started using my Grasshopper. That shit blew me away. To be honest.

But, when I came home, I could not find my Delta water adapter rubber thingy. AND, my mouthpiece screen came unscrewed, so it sat on the side for a while.

The other day, I got some fine point tweezers and fixed my Grasshopper mouthpiece. I then said, fuck this, let me find that rubber thingy. And I found it two days ago (I think).

Anyhow, put the Grasshopper back on the hydro tube and that shit is blowing me away out the water. I mean, vape signatures, etc. but it's hitting me harder than the cloud (for now).

I love this vape, and every vape has different use cases. If I was by myself, and had my water tube, I love using this thing. It's amazing.

Eatrocks

How is the reliability of new grasshoppers???

Anyone seen the new ghost vape?? Looks amazing for dry and conc.

Eatrocks,

mulciber

How is the reliability of new grasshoppers???

I purchased my 2nd in July and it failed yesterday. I would imagine quality control has improved, but my old one is about a year old, and while I've had two intermittent problems with it, and got RMA approvals, the problems corrected themselves (some mechanical thing in the clicker). So going by my own experience I would say QC is as random as ever.

The Ghost is certainly interesting, but I'm very suspicious. For one thing, it's huge. For another, it has lots of small interconnecting parts, which means lots of places to go south and LOTS of cleaning issues (former is speculative, latter is certain). And while I like the Vape Critic, he clearly has a financial stake in it. Before they even had their website together he was touting it as the best thing ever. So I would wait until there's some user feedback before getting too revved about it. And it is HUGE, as I say, which is kind of a problem.

skyvaper

I purchased my 2nd in July and it failed yesterday. I would imagine quality control has improved, but my old one is about a year old, and while I've had two intermittent problems with it, and got RMA approvals, the problems corrected themselves (some mechanical thing in the clicker). So going by my own experience I would say QC is as random as ever.

The Ghost is certainly interesting, but I'm very suspicious. For one thing, it's huge. For another, it has lots of small interconnecting parts, which means lots of places to go south and LOTS of cleaning issues (former is speculative, latter is certain). And while I like the Vape Critic, he clearly has a financial stake in it. Before they even had their website together he was touting it as the best thing ever. So I would wait until there's some user feedback before getting too revved about it. And it is HUGE, as I say, which is kind of a problem.
Do you have a unit? The whole vape fits in an eyeglass case so you saying it is huge is very misleading. Maybe you can compare it to something that you consider huge for perspective to help us understand how you interpret size. Also there is s thread for the ghost where this conversation would be more appropriate.

Last edited:

mulciber

Do you have a unit? The whole vape fit in an eyeglass case so you saying it huge is very misleading. Maybe you can compare it to something that you consider huge for perspective to help us understand how you interpret size. Also there is s thread for the ghost where this conversation would be more appropriate.

Perhaps I am referring to another device. I thought you were speaking about the Ghost MV1, which you can see alongside other devices here (for example):
It is a bit larger than the Arizer Solo, which is not generally considered to be very portable.

vapenerd

Titanium Grasshopper + Hydrobrick Maxx mouthpiece. Not a bad combo at all.

12c57a994598a423801e0d361af2dcf6571fb4d0.jpg

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Titanium Grasshopper + Hydrobrick Maxx mouthpiece. Not a bad combo at all.
You're living!
Hahah my grasshopper wouldn't turn on this evening. That made me sad. I rotated the temperature dial back and forth a few times, and it started up again! Yay! I have a feeling this may be going to RMA soon. let's hope not, lmao! :-)
Have you tried cleaning in between the dial with some sticky tack? I cleaned mine and couldn't believe how much junk was in there. Also, have you tried cleaning it under the screen? Mine had issues and cleaning under the screen with ISO brought mine back from the dead.
Ok, guess my mighty is here to stay.
The Mighty is an amazing vaporizer and you can't go wrong with it. The GH is amazing on its own. I use it more than my other vaporizers as I can micro dose and it's just so easy to click it and rip it. If you could get it from a German Retailer then that may solve any issues sending it overseas as they should exchange for you no?
the gh is one of the best vapes I own/owned... also it has lifetime warranty and if you have to rma you will get the newest updates...
my last rma a was jannuary 2017
I agree, it is my favorite vape. It's amazing what it does for how small it is. I don't ever see it leaving my rotation unless they come out with a GH 2 or something.

Last edited:

kushkush

happy camper....

Ghost vape...nobody can tell you how long the battery lasts (considering the different temps). And that question needs to be answered.

I don't think I could ever deal with batteries again.

kushkush,
Reactions: Squiby

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My GH has been in the "unit in testing" phase since last Friday @ Hopper Labs. Generally how long does this process take? If I don't hear anything different or see anything different on my account, I will be contacting them on Friday. Im going to tell them get my unit fixed or give me a new one.

I have other vapes to use but it's still an inconvenience. That's why I can't imagine going through this 6,7 or eight times. I would give up I'm afraid. We have some tenacious FCers around here.

Edit
I did order 3 new batteries to be sent when my unit is ready. Thought it would be wise to test out the repair with new batteries.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Do you have a unit? The whole vape fits in an eyeglass case so you saying it is huge is very misleading. Maybe you can compare it to something that you consider huge for perspective to help us understand how you interpret size. Also there is s thread for the ghost where this conversation would be more appropriate.

Fits in an eyeglass case? Hohohooo...and that isn't huge in your opinion? We're talking about a portable not a desktop I thought? And regarding stealthiness...wtf is that thing!?!
It IS huge for a portable and an ugly piece of plastic and stealth in no way.....however it may work :2c:

snaffle

Thanks everyone for the replies on ways to carry the GH that maintain its stealth and portability but ensure it won't turn on in a pocket.

And I think @JoeMama has an inexpensive leather sleeve he loves...

This is the best idea, I think. I mean, on the one hand, who carries a leather sleeve for their pen, but it's the best alternative, and I reckon I'm the sort of person who could easily pass as "cooky" enough to be such a person :p

And to reply to @Dynavaper, I agree completely with @Hogni, get it from a local retailer who will be responsible for getting it repaired, and you'll have a good time. I've had the GH for the best part of a year with no need for a repair, but my usage is not very high. I'm curious why you don't want to just use a vapcap for this? Judging from your username you're familiar with them, and they are supposed to be good through water too. Is it the stealth and portability? That's a reasonable reason, I'm just curious. A GH that's working well is a wonderful thing, though, and it is indeed great through water.

MonkeyTime

Thanks everyone for the replies on ways to carry the GH that maintain its stealth and portability but ensure it won't turn on in a pocket.

This is the best idea, I think. I mean, on the one hand, who carries a leather sleeve for their pen, but it's the best alternative, and I reckon I'm the sort of person who could easily pass as "cooky" enough to be such a person :p

And to reply to @Dynavaper, I agree completely with @Hogni, get it from a local retailer who will be responsible for getting it repaired, and you'll have a good time. I've had the GH for the best part of a year with no need for a repair, but my usage is not very high. I'm curious why you don't want to just use a vapcap for this? Judging from your username you're familiar with them, and they are supposed to be good through water too. Is it the stealth and portability? That's a reasonable reason, I'm just curious. A GH that's working well is a wonderful thing, though, and it is indeed great through water.

The DV's work great, but very different from the GH, and because of the torch, NOT stealthy at all. With both a Portside for on the go and a Jarhead, they're very practical, even in a car, but still not as convenient as a GH (when working).

On the other side, this is the only vape I have to carry another vape with, usually a second GH. They've failed at the worst times too many times. I can carry any of my other vapes confidently solo for a day and not think twice....

With that in mind and the small batteries (I need a couple for a day), while still the most inconspicuous, not my smallest vape to carry for a day as a whole.

And yet I'm considering a third, that says a lot too....

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
'm curious why you don't want to just use a vapcap for this? Judging from your username you're familiar with them, and they are supposed to be good through water too. Is it the stealth and portability? That's a reasonable reason, I'm just curious.

Loving the Vapcaps, no question! But it is not always very convenient with the jet lighther (especially in public) and sometimes, I am even too lazy to use a lighter and just want to press a button. VAS plays a large role too, to be honest. ;)

Top Bottom