Discontinued The Grasshopper

MoltenTiger

Ok, my sale purchase showed up today, A SS GH, PFE (SS), 4 batteries and a spare charger. I can say that I already love the smoothness the SS offers in threading over the Ti, not gritty at all.

So, what happens when you put .05g of Amnesia

Into

Twice (sorry, camra phone blurry is bad)

Once this wears off and I can feel my face, I'll search for the thread describing how to post videos. It shows clearing the .1g total in one hit. There was a tiny hit left after, but not worth showing, I consider it killed.

I really like these things when they work. The fact that it took this long to find that out isn't very positive. But I liked it enough to buy another once I tasted the goods.

**Edit, Ok, I might have this. It's taken a while, while it was a nominal load at only .1g, it really had a fast acting, hard hitting affect. Like it's onrush, it disappeared just the same, but my ears are still ringing.

That's what I'm talkin bout :rockon:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Look definitly like the overheating pattern showed in the GrassHopper troubleshooting guide, I'm feeling better now !

Although since my ring charger doesn't work and my Haze charger doesn't seems to be good enough for the GHB I want to ask you which charger is recommanded to use (there is no external charger in the GHL website)?

snaffle

Although since my ring charger doesn't work and my Haze charger doesn't seems to be good enough for the GHB I want to ask you which charger is recommanded to use (there is no external charger in the GHL website)?

I've been using an Nitecore Intellicharger i2, which works well. The i4 is supposed to be good too. There is another brand of charger which can also run off USB that is often recommended and people here use, I recommend you search the forum to find it.

Saying that, I think the charger is covered under the warranty, so consider asking HL for a replacement if yours isn't working.

@MonkeyTime nice hit, thanks for sharing, the 2 simultaneous hoppers thing is great :) Is that a D020-D you're using? I'm considering getting some new glass to hit the hopper through. Was thinking the D020-D looked nice (I like the central position to put the GH in), but I'd like something with a native 14mm joint, ideally. Any suggestions? The only one I could find on DHGate is this: https://www.dhgate.com/product/glass-bong-9-inches-water-pipes-high-quality/397917587.html

Razshiro

Look definitly like the overheating pattern showed in the GrassHopper troubleshooting guide, I'm feeling better now !

I have the Nitecore D2/D4 Charger, i bought mine on www.dx.com and it works pretty well for charge any batteries, you have a "low charge" (300mha instead of 500mha) available for save some batteries life .

Btw PPN i have a ring charger than i don't use if you want i can send it to you for test before to buy an external charger...:tup:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Saying that, I think the charger is covered under the warranty, so consider asking HL for a replacement if yours isn't working.
This is a second hand unit, sadly... and I don't want to pay 45$ only for a charger!

Btw PPN i have a ring charger than i don't use if you want i can send it to you for test before to buy an external charger...
Thanks, I'll contact you by PM!

snaffle

I'm thinking it's the overheating alert GHL mention in the warranty/errors chart, if I let it to cool the red/blue doesn't appear again, it appears after 5-6 back to back hits habitually...

Did you use yours with cool down time between hits or back to back hits (I clic the unit off every 2 hits habitually...)?

I always click it off near the end of each hit, and continue drawing for a couple of seconds, to get all the vapor and to cool the frontend down. I have the Ti, which cools faster than the SS, and it's cool enough to take a new hit from a few seconds after the last one.

MonkeyTime

I've been using an Nitecore Intellicharger i2, which works well. The i4 is supposed to be good too. There is another brand of charger which can also run off USB that is often recommended and people here use, I recommend you search the forum to find it.

@MonkeyTime nice hit, thanks for sharing, the 2 simultaneous hoppers thing is great :) Is that a D020-D you're using? I'm considering getting some new glass to hit the hopper through. Was thinking the D020-D looked nice (I like the central position to put the GH in), but I'd like something with a native 14mm joint, ideally. Any suggestions? The only one I could find on DHGate is this: https://www.dhgate.com/product/glass-bong-9-inches-water-pipes-high-quality/397917587.html

@PPN , I can also throw the Opus BT2000 into the fray, charges everything I throw at it.

@snaffle , yes, it's a Mobius DHG knock off. It is 18mm, but I usually buy that for convenience. I've got a small cake style that I use more, but it's got a smaller body and wouldn't have been enough for two GH's. I'll try and find a link.

**Edit - this is the one I use most, love it!

https://m.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-height-15-5cm-glass-cake-bongs-thick/236437216.html

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
This is a second hand unit, sadly... and I don't want to pay 45$ only for a charger!

you will be getting much more than a charger for $45.00. you get the lifetime warranty transferred to you as well and that is worth the $45.00

mmenzie,

Lahey

Cruisin'
So this happened...

6dD4vxU.jpg

I was just wiping down the contact and threads when it sort of just sprung open.

I have dropped it before, and admitted as much in my RMA, so I'm not sure if HL will cover it. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Stainless hopper is going good at a year and change with 1 RMA.

Just following up. They did cover the broken back end, just got it back today. Working good.

I was having problems with my other one (ss) and so I ended up sending both in for RMA at once.

The SS seems to also have a new back end, as both units have new serial numbers. Glad to have them back in my hands.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Just following up. They did cover the broken back end, just got it back today. Working good.

I was having problems with my other one (ss) and so I ended up sending both in for RMA at once.

The SS seems to also have a new back end, as both units have new serial numbers. Glad to have them back in my hands.
Show me what you got!

Edit: Just got home and took a rip of my GH with some super glue and the new Ti PFE. I didn't think I could love my GH more that I already did, but this changes everything. I took a pull at temp 3 and the flavor was amazing I can taste every part of the glue, and the vapor was cool. The best part is that there is way less restriction. I'll keep testing, you know for you guys.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
you will be getting much more than a charger for $45.00. you get the lifetime warranty transferred to you as well and that is worth the $45.00
Yes that's I mean, I need first to get the warranty transferred.... I don't need it only for a charger...maybe I'll pay for it if needed in the future.

Somebody sent me a PM asking which usb charger I was using and he told me a 1.5v output usb charger would work the best.... sadly I only own a few usb chargers rated for a 5.0v output and one rated at 0.5v output.
Is somebody knows how much volts delivers a computer usb ports?

Thank you @Razshiro to sent me your charger for free, that community is awesome!

MoltenTiger

Sorry for my late reply!
I use an Xtar MC2. It's the perfect cheap solution for GHBs.
I'm thinking it's the overheating alert GHL mention in the warranty/errors chart, if I let it to cool the red/blue doesn't appear again, it appears after 5-6 back to back hits habitually...

Did you use yours with cool down time between hits or back to back hits (I clic the unit off every 2 hits habitually...)?
I haven't had overheat lights for over a year, but I'm pretty sure they are similar to cop lights, where the red and blue alternate flashes rapidly.
Both lights at once I've never experienced and I've probably seen at most three people mention it. They all required warranty.

I definitely try and let the hopper cool down before use, at most I'd do two chambers back to back (which definitely heats the thing up).

I've really used the hopper less now I have a more robust desktop. The times I have used it I've really enjoyed it though.

Gees it was good to take to Derby, road tripping and carving berms is a great GH combo.

Just checked reddit and there's a great pic of the latest GH chamber development.
I've mentioned it a few times, how the once blue section is now white. It seems like ceramic, and it discolours similarly. No idea what material it actually is, I always assumed metal.

S1duR7m.jpg

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yes that's I mean, I need first to get the warranty transferred.... I don't need it only for a charger...maybe I'll pay for it if needed in the future.

Somebody sent me a PM asking which usb charger I was using and he told me a 1.5v output usb charger would work the best.... sadly I only own a few usb chargers rated for a 5.0v output and one rated at 0.5v output.
Is somebody knows how much volts delivers a computer usb ports?

Thank you @Razshiro to sent me your charger for free, that community is awesome!
EDIT; I think @snaffle is correct (below), and I have also mixed up voltage and amperage here. Sorry for confusion.
I think most computer usb's output at .5 volts (s/b AMPS).
I am no way an expert...but you may be mistaken about that 5 volt usb charger, I don't think any usb charger has that much output to a single port. Could it be that 5 volts is the total of several ports?

Last edited:

snaffle

You're getting voltage and ampage mixed up. USB is always at 5V, that's part of the standard. The ampage can vary, but from a computer it's almost always 0.5A, which is what people recommend for charging the batteries to maximize their lifespan. A phone charger or similar can provide more, like 1.5A or 2.0A, which will charge faster (but, in the case of these batteries, probably at the expense of their lifespan).

Mr.Sifter

I have two hoppers activated in my hopperlabs account.

Now I want to sell the units.
Can I simpl change my account's warranty name to the seller's same?

Mr.Sifter,

MonkeyTime

I have two hoppers activated in my hopperlabs account.

Now I want to sell the units.
Can I simpl change my account's warranty name to the seller's same?

I believe once you register them, I could be wrong, but I believe that you'd also need to keep the email the same and do it for the new owners. I know it was discussed a lot early on because people had pre-ordered many more than they wanted to keep.

The fact that you can transfer it for $45 is very fair in my mind, they could say it's for the original owner only like most.

Mr.Sifter

Oh,

So i can not just change the name and the email?
Bummer.

Is 45$ for one hopper or for one account?
I will want to sell both hoppers together.

I dint like the harshness and the battery life.
Hopper is the only vape that makes me cough

Mr.Sifter,

btka

Just checked reddit and there's a great pic of the latest GH chamber development.
I've mentioned it a few times, how the once blue section is now white. It seems like ceramic, and it discolours similarly. No idea what material it actually is, I always assumed metal.

S1duR7m.jpg

very intersting... is this the heating element or something else... could be zirconia, zirconium dioxide... googled and you can 3d print it and use it as a heating element... if it is the new heating element is it better then the steel one, is it cheaper? why didnthe change it?

any difference in performance?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
EDIT; I think @snaffle is correct (below), and I have also mixed up voltage and amperage here. Sorry for confusion.
I think most computer usb's output at .5 volts (s/b AMPS).
I am no way an expert...but you may be mistaken about that 5 volt usb charger, I don't think any usb charger has that much output to a single port. Could it be that 5 volts is the total of several ports?
You're getting voltage and ampage mixed up. USB is always at 5V, that's part of the standard. The ampage can vary, but from a computer it's almost always 0.5A, which is what people recommend for charging the batteries to maximize their lifespan. A phone charger or similar can provide more, like 1.5A or 2.0A, which will charge faster (but, in the case of these batteries, probably at the expense of their lifespan).
Thanks you!

Edit: The Haze charger I get seems to be a rebrand of the Nitecore i2 Intelicharge.... there is some cosmetical differences but I think it's a 0.5A output.... I remenber somebody mentionned the Haze charger was a rebrand (in the Haze thread).

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
Hopper at 5?
No flavour
Yes it was at 5 and there was plenty of flavor... just not good flavor!

But I don't enjoy the flavor on any of my vapes at their highest temp setting and the GH is the only vape that I have that sees use at the highest temp.
If I weren't trying to rip the GH, I wouldn't be at 5.

I agree though, if I'm going for flavor I don't typically pick up my GH.

It was the right tool for the job tonight though.

Top Bottom